Make Your Own Family (by Red Ranger 1) - comments

ScreamingQueen2006

LOOOOOVED that, especially …..

We’re friends, right?”he asked,“I mean, we’ve had all sorts of messiness in the past.But we’ve got past that and we know each other.”

Leah looked at him suspiciously.“Miles, what’s all this about?”

Miles took a deep breath.“What are you doing with Dex?”

Leah bristled slightly.“Miles, if this is jealousy…”

Miles waved a dismissive hand.“I don’t feel like that about Dexter anymore.Look, this isn’t a lecture.I’m asking a serious question.I want you to be happy.Are you?”

Leah stopped, thinking.“Yes,”she said at last,“I mean, I’m not delirious, head-over-heels-in-love happy but I am enjoying-myself, having-a-good-time happy.”

“Good.That’s good.”Miles nodded repeatedly before asking,“So what happens next?”

Leah looked at him in confusion.“What do you mean?”

“Well, if you’re in a fun, non-serious relationship, it can go one of two ways.Either it becomes serious or it ends.So…which do you want this to be?”

Dexter opened the door in response to the persistent knocking to find Indi and Sasha standing there. “What’s this, another intervention?”he asked as he let them both in.

“Why didn’t you tell us?”Indi demanded.

“Do you think we wouldn’t want to know you were seeing someone?”Sasha echoed.

Dexter shrugged awkwardly.In truth, he wasn’t really sure about a lot of the things he’d done.“It just felt like something private, you know?Something we needed to keep to ourselves for a bit.Like the script for the new Star Wars film.”

Indi looked bemused at the last one.“What?”

“Well, you know, how all the scripts get special numbers printed on them so if one goes missing they know who…”

“Back on topic,”Sasha interrupted,“are you okay?”

Dexter looked slightly stunned.“Why wouldn’t I be?”

“Well, because you kept it a secret,”Indi replied,“And because there’s a bit of an age gap.”

“I’m not the only one dating someone older,”Dexter argued.

“There’s only seven years between me and Heath,”Indi protested,“There’s, like, twice that between you and Leah.”

Dexter hadn’t finished.“And it’s not like I’m the only one who’s keeping secrets,”he added, looking at his other sister.

Sasha flushed slightly.“How did you know?”

“I work in mysterious ways.And I looked in your bin.”

Indi looked at Sasha in confusion.“What’s he..?”

“Casey and I are…expecting,”Sasha admitted,“We were keeping it secret.”

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although it had the potential to be VERY messy, I quite like the idea of Dex/Leah!!!

That was cooooooooooooool, most especially ......

She melted into the kiss without any objection…until a cough from the direction of the other doorway let them know they weren’t alone.

“Getting a worrying sense of déjà vu here,”Miles remarked,“Only, that time it was you and Nicole.”

Sally looked at Liam.“You slept with Nicole?!”

“It was a long time ago.”He paused.“That doesn’t make it sound any better, does it?”

“You certainly make a better brother-in-law than son-in-law,”Miles agreed, heading off in the direction of the kitchen.

“No-one on the horizon for you?”

“I don’t think I even know where the horizon is anymore.Which is okay.It’s better not to be in a relationship than to be in a relationship with the wrong person.At least, that’s what I’ve been telling people.”

They both took a seat.“I think I know what this is about,”Dexter noted,“I mean, I’ve been having certain thoughts lately about the way things are between us.”

Leah nodded.“I mean, these last few weeks have been great, don’t get me wrong but…I don’t think this is the sort of relationship that can last.”

“Somewhat tragically, I have come to that conclusion myself.”

“So, I think we need to put an end to it now.Before Stephen gets confused or before we do.”

Dexter nodded.“Have to say this is a pretty civilised break-up.”

Dex is just the BEST !!!!! Enjoyed that, especially ......

Dexter lifted his son up, while patting William on the head.“Hey, Wills.How’s school going?Learnt how to build an atom bomb yet?”

“No,”William answered seriously.

“No?Okay, maybe next year.”

VJ looked at Leah carefully.“So you and Dexter broke up?”

Leah nodded slowly.“Yes.”

“But you’re not crying.”

Leah digested the comment.“I guess it’s not that kind of break-up.”

“Makes a change from your usual kind.So, are you going to stop dating people now?”

Leah looked at him, amused.“What, you want me to be on my own for the rest of my life?”

“I guess you can start dating people again when I leave home.

They’d told him it was meant to be him.Given the curious mismatch of shapes and colours, he was taking their word for it.

Dallas came through from the bedroom with a smile on her face.She’d been smiling most of the time he was there, for reasons he wasn’t entirely sure about.Maybe she was just trying to make him feel welcome.“The boys are finally settled.William wanted you to come in and read him a story.”

“Well, I could have done that.I mean, I have learned to read.”

VJ saying Leah can go back to dating once he has left home was amusing Somehow I can't see her waiting untill his forty. :D Not many people in Summer Bay would ever stay single for that number of years. :)

The awkwardness between Dexter and Dallas was rather sweet.

Look Forward to more.