Make Your Own Family (by Red Ranger 1) - comments

ScreamingQueen2006

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ending is VERY curious !!!

REALLY liked that, especially ……

 Dexter gave him a long, hard stare.“You’ve got your best friend staring into the abyss here and needing you to pull him back.That’s really the best you can do?”

 .“How about I give you two a chance to grunt at each other in peace?I’ll go get an ice cream.”

She eased herself out of her chair and waddled her way across the surf club, the task of negotiating the floor made all the more difficult by being heavily pregnant.Dexter saw the way Xavier’s eyes followed her as if pulled in her direction by strings and sighed, remembering how nice it was to have someone to look at like that.

 Who knows how the minds of women work?She might decide she wants them to have a new father.One who won’t embarrass them at the school gates.Who doesn’t own more toys than them. Who doesn’t try and teach them the periodic table at six months.”

 Dexter gave him a curious look.“How come you’re trying to cheer me up and it’s actually working? I’m meant to be the sensitive one here.”

 Miles was less polite.“You’re still here, are you?”

Liam grinned at him.“Miles!They actually let you back into town?”

“Yeah, I guess the border patrols must have mislaid my photo.”

 Sorry, I’m being rude,”Miles realised,“Liam Murphy, rock star-turned teacher-turned bartender, this is my sister, Sally.”

Liam smiled as he took Sally’s hand.“So you’re the famous Sally Fletcher?”

Sally raised an eyebrow.“I had no idea I was such a legend around here.I remember you, though.Bit of a star in your time, weren’t you?”

 Miles leaned in close to Sally.“I see you’re getting reacquainted with the locals then,”he remarked, amused.

Sally gave him a playful swat with her hand.“Stop it.”

Awesome chapter Red. I enjoyed that. :)

I loved the scene between VJ and Pippa. You write the characters so well, just like they are in the show. I could picture VJ's interactions and everything he said during that. I think those two may been getting into a bit of puppy love. It would be nice and cute. :wub:

I felt very sorry for Dex last chapter, but he seems to be picking up and I'm happy that he's seeking solace in Leah. I have a feeling that something may happen between him and Leah, although I could be wrong. I guess I'll just wait and see on that front.

Looking forward to the next chapter. :)

REALLY REALY enjoying this fic, especially …..

 When VJ saw Pippa waiting at the top of the beach, he almost turned and went in another direction. But somehow he didn’t really feel like doing that.He found Pippa extraordinarily embarrassing most of the time, yet somehow he found he quite liked her as well.

“Have you been surfing?”Pippa asked as he reached her.

Given that he was carrying a surfboard under his arm and she’d likely seen him out in the water, VJ thought that was rather obvious.“

 Pippa looked slightly disappointed.“Do you think I won’t be good enough?”

“It’s not that,”VJ reassured her hastily,“I just don’t think I’d be a very good teacher.”

Pippa relaxed.“I’m sure you would,”she told him.

“You’d be better off taking one of the classes at the surf club,”VJ continued but, noticing her downcast look, he added,“but if you ever get yourself a board and a wetsuit, maybe I could give you a few tips.”

Pippa grinned.“Well, now I know what to ask for for Christmas.”

 Dexter shifted uncomfortably.“I dunno.I was out for a stroll, found myself passing this place, thought I’d check in, see how you are, if Stephen wanted any monsters chasing away…”

“What monsters?”asked Stephen, who had wandered in during the conversation.

“Aren’t there monsters under your bed?”

“No.”

“Oh.”Dexter looked at Leah and gave a shrug.“We have one well-adjusted kid.”

 “No.It’s not fun.Rattling around the flat on my own.Microwave meals for one.Wii games for one. No-one to complain about my jokes.I thought I’d get out.I could have gone to Indi and Heath’s but I was worried Heath would challenge me to an arm wrestle.Could have gone see Dad and Sasha but they’d probably start dropping hints about me moving back in.So I thought I’d come here.”