The Melissa George Issue

Guest jldraw

Does it really matter? Everyone knows that Home and Away is a soap, that it's scenes are shot and churned out and sometimes there is a lot of dodgy acting and convoluted storylines.

What? What's that got to do with it? I think someone's missing the point...

I'm not missing any point, I'm making one. It's a soap. It's not Oscar winning material. Some of the storylines are far fetched and not every scene makes it into the end product is going to be the actors/actresses finest work when they are on a tight production schedule. If she doesn't want to be reminded of it that's her prerogative surely? I think people need to let it go and move on.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The quality of the material isn't the point.The point is HAA gave her her break and whether she likes it or not those fans remain a big part of her fanbase.Everyone has to start somewhere which she appears to have forgotten.

I never said it was the "point", I just added it to the ongoing debate.

People are acting like she's somehow been unfaithful to them when she hasn't, she just doesn't want to be remembered for H&A, fair enough, that is up to her. It's not biting the hand that feeds her it's wanting to be acknowledged for everything that you've done not just 5 minutes of your lifetime.

That's fine, she just needs to keep in mind that she'll always be remembered for a role she played in a popular show for 3 years, over a variety of smaller parts or leads in shows and films that haven't left the same impression. It's credit to her that people remember Angel so fondly, at the time she really was well loved in Australia.

I think the issue people have isn't so much that she doesn't want to talk about H&A, but her tone and the unprofessional attitude towards it.

The fallout continues, with Dieter Brummer entering the fray:

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/telev...i-1226519418325

Dieter Brummer wanted producers to kill him off Home and Away to escape Melissa George

FORMER Home and Away star Dieter Brummer says he loathed Melissa George's diva-like demands so much that he begged producers to kill him off the show.

Brummer, who played George's lover in the family soap says the tension on set was so bad that he no longer wanted to star alongside her.

“We may have been love interests on the show but the chemistry was far from real!” Brummer told Woman's Day.

“Mel was incredibly ambitious right from the outset. I think she wanted to be the next Kylie Minogue. She was a big fan and she aspired to be a big star just like Kylie. I don’t think she had much time for the cast of Home And Away.”

Melissa George and Dieter Brummer in a scene from Home and Away. Picture: Channel Seven

The actor, who has since found fame in Channel Nine's Underbelly says he hasn't spoken to George in the 17 years since he left the show.

The actor's comments come in the wake of the George's recent outburst in which she reportedly threatened to walk off the set of The Morning Show if they referenced her Home and Away character.

The mag says Brummer is still "rolling around laughing" after her rant.

“I think they were unnecessary and a bit ridiculous – but then that’s Mel,” he added

-------

No real surprises here, it's common knowledge that Melissa and Dieter didn't get on. Still an interesting read.

The fallout continues, with Dieter Brummer entering the fray:

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/telev...i-1226519418325

Dieter Brummer wanted producers to kill him off Home and Away to escape Melissa George

FORMER Home and Away star Dieter Brummer says he loathed Melissa George's diva-like demands so much that he begged producers to kill him off the show.

Brummer, who played George's lover in the family soap says the tension on set was so bad that he no longer wanted to star alongside her.

“We may have been love interests on the show but the chemistry was far from real!” Brummer told Woman's Day.

“Mel was incredibly ambitious right from the outset. I think she wanted to be the next Kylie Minogue. She was a big fan and she aspired to be a big star just like Kylie. I don’t think she had much time for the cast of Home And Away.”

Melissa George and Dieter Brummer in a scene from Home and Away. Picture: Channel Seven

The actor, who has since found fame in Channel Nine's Underbelly says he hasn't spoken to George in the 17 years since he left the show.

The actor's comments come in the wake of the George's recent outburst in which she reportedly threatened to walk off the set of The Morning Show if they referenced her Home and Away character.

The mag says Brummer is still "rolling around laughing" after her rant.

“I think they were unnecessary and a bit ridiculous – but then that’s Mel,” he added

-------

No real surprises here, it's common knowledge that Melissa and Dieter didn't get on. Still an interesting read.

No, in fact I read her comments on Shane's death being some of her best work as to mean making Dieter leave.

she just doesn't want to be remembered for H&A, fair enough, that is up to her.

Is it really though? I think it's up to the viewers to choose what they remember her for.

I guess if after all these years the biggest part of your fanbase is still remembering you for your role in

Home & Away, that just means you haven't been able to top it?

Is it really though? I think it's up to the viewers to choose what they remember her for.

I guess if after all these years the biggest part of your fanbase is still remembering you for your role in

How people remember her is different to how she wants to be remembered. And er, I remember her from Grey's Anatomy and Alias just as much as her role as Angel in H&A. And if you took the time to look you'll see that she's done a lot of other stuff. Pretty blonde actresses aren't exactly rare so for her to have the variety of roles that she has had seems quite impressive.

IMDB Melissa George

How people remember her is different to how she wants to be remembered. And er, I remember her from Grey's Anatomy and Alias just as much as her role as Angel in H&A. And if you took the time to look you'll see that she's done a lot of other stuff. Pretty blonde actresses aren't exactly rare so for her to have the variety of roles that she has had seems quite impressive.

IMDB Melissa George

I did look at that and in no way did I mean to say that she hasn't done a lot of other stuff. I think it's that I just value H&A more than her, I feel like most actors underestimate how much viewers H&A has worldwide.

Archived