Official Home and Away 25th Collectors Edition - Magazine.

Guest i LUV handa

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to note as we did last time, in case anyone was thinking of doing or asking about it - with this being official merchandise we won't be allowing any scans (or even links to scans) of the book on the forum.

Thanks Dan, good to know. Did they come to you or did you offer them advice after last time? Can you give any hints as to what needed to be corrected? :wink:

They came to me again after I'd helped out with various things last time. Despite Seven checking and clearing the previous book there were a lot of mistakes about past storylines which were picked up by fans, both on here and elsewhere, hence why I worked with them this time to try and eliminate as many as possible. I won't say how many pages of corrections I sent along but they were rather astounded. Still, they aren't to blame - they can only go with what Seven provide them with, and there aren't that many people left there who have a knowledge of the show's history like a pedantic fan would (that isn't a reflection on them, a lot of people come and go in 25yrs).

they can only go with what Seven provide them with, and there aren't that many people left there who have a knowledge of the show's history like a pedantic fan would

I think that's a shame - and it shows on screen.

True, but let's not get onto that in this thread :wink:

The press release:

25magpress.jpg

The link to buy the magazine online is here - I've no idea if people outside of Oz can order on there, but I'll find out soon if international viewers have any options. I know they did plan to try and launch the last one in the UK but it never materialised, so I wouldn't get too much hope up this time around.

^Apologies! I do think it's great that they have a site like Back To The Bay to help them out - in one sense I see it as an uncredited extension of the production/research team.

I didn't end up buying the last magazine but might purchase this one! It'd be great if they produce some sort of TV doco in a similar vein.

I got it today.It's shiny and pretty...

I haven't read it yet but at first glance it doesn't look as Braxton heavy as I thought.

I lost the first one when I moved so I'm hoping to keep four legged furry little monsters away from this lol.

Archived