Kyle Braxton - Nic Westaway

I don't know but it'll be a shame if he has.He had so much potential and all he's ever really done is prop up other characters.I can't recall him ever having a storyline specifically for him and we know next to nothing about how he was raised except he was in foster care.It would have been good to explore that.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

So much potiental but completely wasted. They are just going to completely revert him back to the Kyle that tried to kill Casey & was a complete psycho... which wouldn't be half bad is we got to see this happen.

Still love the character though. If only I had still been writing fanfic... :wink:.

Everything I've seen points to him leaving, I must admit I was never really a fan of Kyle but I've been watching some older episode's and I think he has tremendous potential and was very under used, I was watching around the time Casey found out they weren't related and I think he played those scenes fantastic, he's usually there floating around the background or doing something in Angelo's I really hope he hasn't left but he deserves some good writing and some better storylines to get his teeth into. I think the foster story line would be a fantastic story line for him to go down so many possibilities and routes for this sort of story.

Edited by Gazza
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Luke39 said:

Funny how Kyle has the most views out of all the characters even Brax. Yes severely underused. Maybe they should of given Nic another character.

Just wondering what you mean by views? But I totally agree with you, Nic is such a talent and he's been so underused it's so disappointing!

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, SammyF said:

Just wondering what you mean by views? But I totally agree with you, Nic is such a talent and he's been so underused it's so disappointing!

The number views to the thread is like over 40k. BUt yeah. For me Kyle or Nic steals any scene hes in. 

• Like 2

Nic's a very good actor but I have always thought Kyle should of been only a guest  character He should have been written out after Casey's kidnap. There was little point keeping a fourth Braxton in  I think. But in saying that I liked Kyle and Pheobe as a couple. Maybe instead of having Pheobe lose her twins they could of been Kyle's

• Like 2

17 hours ago, pembie said:

Nic's a very good actor but I have always thought Kyle should of been only a guest  character He should have been written out after Casey's kidnap. There was little point keeping a fourth Braxton in  I think. But in saying that I liked Kyle and Pheobe as a couple. Maybe instead of having Pheobe lose her twins they could of been Kyle's

Maybe last year when Kyle left. And came bk. He should of stayed gone. Pointless return tbh. If they're not going to use him. His exit won't be happy. Funny Brax might get a happy ending who knows. Kyle? Unlikely. Irony.

Edited by Luke39
  • Like 2

I find it very interesting how popular this particular individual is.  The posts towards this character from some people would indicate he's the best thing since sliced bread.  People go on and on about how bad Brax is but this piece of garbage is given a free ride and IMO far worse.  Kyle is an violent, aggressive, jealous, childish, controlling bully.

The Bennett Braxton love child make his glorious entrance by stalking his supposed half-brother.  Kidnaps him, beats him and leaves him in the desert to die a slow painful death.  Blaming Casey for stopping Danny from murdering someone in cold blood but really it was because he was jealous that Danny spent more time with the other siblings and he couldn't handle it.  But just because he puts his hands up in court and says "oh sorry I've been a bad boy" he gets a slap on the wrist.  Even when Casey did forgive Kyle, how does he repay him?  Steals his girlfriend from right under him. The only reason why Tamara fell for Kyle was because she had amnesia.  So I was ecstatic when her feelings for Casey resurfaced when Casey was hospitalised.  I loved the way Kyle was completely powerless and watching the inevitable unfold.  That's karma for you and it was wonderful how he finally got to experience how Casey felt and got a taste of his own medicine re the woman that he loved.  The best part about it was that Casey and Tamara didn't last long anyway so Kyle lost her for nothing - and even sleeping with one of Chris's castoffs didn't help.

Kyle's violent tendencies resurfaced after Andy got into strife with Sean.  After unsuccessfully trying to pay Sean off, Kyle seriously assaulted him causing internal bleeding.  There's an argument as to whether the character deserved (and it does not take away from the fact that Kyle chose to do it)  but as a result he puts Irene, Chris and Spencer in serious jeopardy.  They were all actually very lucky to get out of that situation unscathed when Sean held them hostage.  The problem I have with Kyle is that he won't change or should I say can't change.  When things are going well for him he's OK but often a real test for a person is how they react when things are going badly and how they deal with the situation but that is when Kyle is at his most dangerous.  He's usually like this when things aren't going his way.

So we have girlfriend #2 the annoying self-righteous Phoebe.  Ironically Kyle didn't even want her at first as he was so fixated on girlfriend #1.  Although that didn't stop him from trying to kiss her when he realised what he did to Sean.  She was right to follow her initial instincts and reject him but that didn't stop her persisting in trying to 'save' him from the Braxtons.  Obviously failing to realise that Kyle was like that before he had even met them.  She was even visibly shaken once he told her about Casey but she still tried to get him away from them anyway and then completely changed her mind.

It's funny after looking into Kyle's history the lengths Phoebe's dad went to to protect his daughter from him.  And whilst I don't agree with what he did, Mark I guess was essentially right about him.  Although I'm not complaining that Kyle was hospitalised.  Kyle has shown with his relationship with Phoebe he has veered from controlling, demanding to just plain delusional. He didn't want her to get back into her music initially and bit her head off then attacked Matt for helping her because he was envious it wasn't him.  He tried to entrap her by proposing to her in front of everybody at Angelos and couldn't handle it when she rejected his offer of marriage and didn't want kids with him.

After they broke up he slept with Billie and didn't want Phoebe when she wanted to get back with him.  Then after she moved on and she and Ash got together he couldn't handle that.  So like some child stormed off to the city and ended up in debt because he was gambling.  And when he couldn't pay the money that was owed and was hospitalised Ash had to waste a kidney on his sorry, miserable existence.  Regardless of whether Ash should have told the truth about Brax the fact of the matter remains someone would have had to waste an organ of theirs on him regardless if Brax had been the one to do it.  He even admitted to the illegal gambling and how he's not in prison despite being on a suspended sentence I don't know.

When Phoebe was pregnant his demanding attitude annoyed me immensely. I'm not going to lie, I was ecstatic when she lost the baby.  Kyle's devastation was absolutely wonderful!  I loved how he just couldn't handle the fact that he wasn't going to be a father.  He attacked Ash but the best part of that episode was when he smashed the cot up.  Words cannot describe how euphoric that scene was.  After what he's done it's no more than he deserves!  But he hasn't stopped there.  Without even bothering to check his facts he goes and commits yet another serious assault just because he was gullible enough to believe some story from someone he had a one night stand with.  And even before he found out what she was like he was prepared to cover up a murder for her.

People often mention that Kyle has anger management issues but this goes way beyond impulsiveness and losing it.  Each time he has attacked someone, it has not be reactionary or the heat of the moment.  It has been cold, calculated and premeditated.  As I mentioned above he cannot change.  All we get is each time this happens he sometimes apologises, hold his hands up, is OK for a bit then commits another act of violence.

It's only going to be a matter of time before his next victim is dumped in the outback and that person might not be so lucky.  At the rate he's going, it's inevitable that he will end up killing someone....

• Like 3