Forever Yours

Guest Danni02

Thank you so much JosieTash, Arielxo, CharlieAndBraxLover, Aden_Belle, Sarah, CharlieAndBrax4Ever, Jacqui and spotd1 for commenting. :D

Chapter 21

“Daddy I’m bored” Jacob sighed as he pulled on Brax’s shirt. “And hungry”

“We’ll get food soon” Brax said as he turned around to Jacob and lifted him into his arms. “But, I need you to help Daddy pick out something nice for Mummy”

Jacob sighed lightly as he looked down to necklaces that Brax as looking at. “They’s all the same” Jacob moaned as he looked down to the white gold chains with little greeny-blue pendants of different sizes. “No, none” Jacob shook his head as he wriggled in Brax’s arms. Brax set him free to the floor and Jacob ran across the store and put his face against one of the cabinets. “This one Daddy. You get Mummy this” Jacob said as he pointed to the white gold bracelet. Brax and the shop assistant walked across to see what he was pointing at.

“Oh Jacob” Brax said as he shook his head “That one is very expensive” Brax said as he looked at the $899 price tag. “And Daddy wanted to get something with aquamarine in it”

“With what?” Jacob asked as he scrunched his face up.

“The birthstone for your new sisters” Brax said.

“Well Sir, we do have this bracelet available with aquamarine” The shop assistant said “This is our diamond version of it”

“Well I’m glad the twins were born in March and not April” Brax laughed. “It will be cheaper I gather?”

“Yes” The shop assistant nodded as he pulled out the bracelet from behind a desk. Brax looked down at it and a smile formed on his head as he nodded.

“It’s lovely” Brax smiled as he looked down at the white gold bracelet set with the beautiful shade of the bluey-green aquamarine stone. “So, what’s the damage?”

“$559” The shop assistant said.

“I’ll take it” Brax smiled.

“Does that mean we can go get dinner?” Jacob asked.

“Almost” Brax laughed “There’s one more thing I want to buy Mummy first. Can I see you’re collection of rings please?” Brax asked and the shop assistant nodded as he led Brax and Jacob over to the rings.

Charlie walked into the house, glad to be back home from the hospital. It had been a long 5 days, but the doctors wanted to keep Charlie in a few days longer than normal, given the surgery she’d had to have. She placed the car seat on the couch, and bent down slowly, wincing slightly as she put pressure on her scar, and lifted Riley into her arms. “Hey, baby. This is your home” Charlie smiled as she softly placed a kiss on her daughters head. Brax smiled as he watched Charlie looking down lovingly at her new daughter. He put the second car seat down on the couch also, and lifted Paige into his arms. “Brax, hold her head” Charlie yelled.

“Okay, sorry, no need to shout” Brax said as he moved his arm to better support his daughter.

“Sorry, but she can’t hold her head up yet, you know you need to support her”

“Okay, I said I’m sorry” Brax snapped. “Geez”

Charlie shook her head lightly before she looked back to Riley. “You come with Mummy and she’ll show you your bedroom” Charlie spoke softly as she looked down at Riley, who was staring up at her with big blue eyes. Brax followed with Paige and they laid the girls down in one of the cots.

“Aww they look so cute together” Brax grinned as he looked down at his girls, Paige sleeping peacefully and Riley letting out a yawn. Charlie smiled as she took the octopus out of the cot and sat it on top of the chest of drawers, before she did the same with the other one. “What are you doing?” Brax questioned.

“You shouldn’t have stuffed animals in a new-born’s cot” Charlie answered.

“Why?” Brax questioned as he folded his arms.

“For safety” Charlie replied “I know it is unlikely, but they could fall on the child and suffocate them and we’d rather be safe than sorry, right?”

“So I did wrong?” Brax questioned.

“No, no” Charlie shook her head. “They’re lovely and I’m sure the girls will love them when they are older, but they’re just not for now”

“Right” Brax nodded as he looked down to his watch. “Well I should probably go and pick up Jacob from pre-school” Brax said “I’m sure he’ll be excited to see you home”

“Yeah” Charlie smiled “Could you pick me up some of Leah’s chocolate cake too?”

“Sure” Brax smiled before he left the house.

“Mummy” Jacob beamed as he run into the house. “You really home” Jacob climbed up onto the couch and tried to climb onto Charlie’s knee, but had difficulty as she was in the middle of feeding Riley.

“Careful sweetie” Charlie smiled softly at her son. “I’m feeding Riley right now”

“But I wants a cuddle” Jacob pouted.

“She’s almost done” Charlie said.

“You no feed Paige?” Jacob questioned.

“Yeah, I need to feed her too, but we can have a cuddle first” Charlie smiled.

“Daddy could do it” Jacob said.

“No, Daddy can’t right now sweetie” Charlie said.

“Why?” Jacob asked.

“Daddy doesn’t have any milk” Charlie replied as she looked down to her son.

“I could use a bottle of expressed stuff” Brax suggested as he lifted Paige out of the bouncy chair.

“I haven’t expressed any yet” Charlie yawned.

“Why not?” Brax questioned “I’d love to be able to feed the girls”

“Because I’ve been a little bit busy, Brax” Charlie snapped “I will express some as soon as I get the time. I’d love for you to be able to feed the girls too”

“Okay” Brax sighed “Haven’t you been feeding them at the same time at the hospital?”

“Yeah, but we left the breastfeeding pillow at the hospital” Charlie sighed “I tried with a normal pillow, but it didn’t feel right. It just kept slipping, so I thought I’d do it this way”

“Right” Brax nodded “Guess I’ll have to make a trip to the hospital then”

“Yeah” Charlie nodded “Here, you can take Riley, while I feed Paige” Charlie said and Brax nodded as they swapped babies. Brax sat down on the couch with Riley in his arms as Charlie started to feed Paige.

“No Mummy, you said a hug first” Jacob pouted as he pulled on her arm.

“Sorry” Charlie exhaled. “I promise after I feed Paige, because we’ll be putting them down for a nap”

“You better not break it” Jacob scowled.

“I won’t” Charlie shook her head as she looked over to Brax.

“Brax, you gotta wind her” Charlie said as she looked to Riley. “Put her over your shoulder and gently rub her back” Charlie said and Brax sighed before he did as instructed.

“She burped” Jacob giggled as he looked at Riley.

“Get used to that mate” Brax sighed as he moved Riley in his arms. “And stinky nappies”

“Yucky” Jacob screwed his face up as he waited patiently for Charlie to be done feeding Paige and put the girls to sleep, so they could play. After what seemed like hours to Jacob, Charlie finally finished feeding Paige. Paige almost immediately settled to sleep in her arms, so Charlie took her through to the bedroom, with Brax following with Riley, who was still awake.

“I think we have a stinky situation here” Brax screwed his face up as he looked down to his daughter.

“Okay, you can change her” Charlie said as she placed Paige down in the cot and looked up at Brax, who had a worried look plastered on his face. “You don’t need to look so worried” Charlie laughed “It’s only changing a nappy, I’m sure you will can do that” Brax gently placed Riley down on the changing table and began to unbutton her baby grow with Charlie watching behind him. “In fact I’m surprised you went 5 days without changing one” Charlie said.

“Well the nurses and you seemed to always get there first” Brax exhaled. “But I’m here to give it a go now” Brax said as he undid the nappy and opened it to reveal the foul smell. “Oh God” Brax gagged “That’s awful”

Charlie laughed lightly “Best get used to it. We have twice the amount of nappies to contend with”

“Ah no” Brax tried to hold his breath as he reached for a baby wipe before he started to wipe her bum.

“Front to back” Charlie raised her voice. “You always wipe front to back”

“Why?” Brax questioned as he looked up to Charlie.

“For infection” Charlie sighed. “Front to back, always”

Brax sighed lightly before he finished wiping Riley, the way Charlie had instructed. “Well, let’s see if Daddy can get this right” Brax spoke down to his daughter whose big blue eyes were looking all around the room taking everything in.

“You can do it tighter” Charlie said.

“I don’t want to hurt her” Brax said sounding worried.

“You won’t” Charlie replied “But if you do it as loose as that it’ll fall off when you pick her up. She’s just little Brax. Fasten it tighter” Brax shook his head lightly as he picked Riley up, letting her legs dangle.

“See Mummy is just being silly, it won’t fall at all” Brax said, just as the nappy slipped down Riley’s legs. “I can’t do anything right can I?” Brax raised his voice before he handed Riley to Charlie and stormed out of the room. Charlie sighed lightly as she heard the front door slamming shut.

“Where Daddy go?” Jacob asked as he ran into the room.

“He eh....he just went to the hospital to pick up stuff for Mummy” Charlie sighed as she put Riley back down on the changing table and began to put a clean nappy on her.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you so much totally, Sazzle, Sarah, Cally, Samantha1, Jen1205, JosieTash, Zoe, Aden_Belle, Shezza, Jacqui, CharlieAndBraxLover, Spotd1, mizziette and soph1303 for commenting. :wub: I hope this next one is okay.

Chapter 22

“Mummy keep reading” Jacob said as he turned his head and looked up to her. “Mummy open your eyes” Jacob said as he put his hand on her cheek and rubbed it up and down.

“Sorry” Charlie yawned. “Mummy’s tired”

“Why?” Jacob asked.

“Because she’s got 2 new babies to look after and they are hard work” Charlie answered.

“Oh” Jacob said “Wells I be good and I’s will help” Jacob grinned “But you gotta read my book”

Charlie smiled lightly at her son before she looked back down at the book. “Would you like them here or there? I would not like them here or there. I would not like them anywhere. I do not like green eggs and ham. I do not like them, Sam-I-am”

“I no like green eggs and ham” Jacob shook his head. “They be yucky”

“Yeah I think so too” Charlie smiled down at her son, before it was his turn to let out a yawn.

“Me’s tired too, Mummy” Jacob said as he cuddled into her.

“You want to go for a little nap?” Charlie questioned and Jacob nodded lightly as he buried his head even further into Charlie.

“Ouch” Charlie winced. “Be careful sweetie. Mummy has a sore tummy”

“Why?” Jacob asked, as he reminded tightly snuggled into Charlie.

“Because Mummy had to have an operation after she had the babies” Charlie said. Almost welling up with tears at the thought of her hysterectomy.

“You be okay?” Jacob questioned and Charlie nodded.

“Yeah, Mummy is fine” Charlie smiled “C’mon, we’ll put you to bed”

“You carry me” Jacob said as he held his hands up.

“I can’t” Charlie shook her head. “You’re too heavy”

“No, I no really” Jacob said.

“But you are for Mummy just now” Charlie said as Jacob jumped down from the couch and took her hand, accepting he wasn’t going to be carried.

“But you can lift the babies” Jacob sighed sadly.

“You weigh a lot more than the babies” Charlie replied as they started walking to his bedroom. “But I promised it won’t be forever though”

“Really promise?” Jacob questioned.

“Yeah. I really promise” Charlie smiled as they walked into Jacob’s pirate themed bedroom and over to his pirate ship bed. Jacob jumped into the bed, as Charlie painfully bent down, and placed a kiss on his forehead. “You have a good sleep baby” Charlie said before she pulled herself back up to standing and left the bedroom, leaving his door slightly ajar, just how he liked it. Charlie walked back into the living room and smiled to herself as she sat down. It was so quiet. With all 3 of her children asleep, and Brax still not back from wherever he’s stormed off too. She rested her head back against the couch as she closed her eyes, hoping to get a little nap herself, before deciding now would probably be a good time to express some milk. She sighed lightly as she stood up from the couch and walked through to her bedroom, finding the breast pump in the bottom of the wardrobe. She opened up the box and took the pump out before she settled herself on her bed. Hoping that Brax would appreciate Charlie sacrificing some well wanted sleep, so he could feed his girls.

Xavier rushed around in the kitchen as he was preparing a meal for him and Ruby. It was the first time in weeks that he and Ruby were going to be spending the whole night together, with Ruby promising that she was going to be home by 7 and they’d just veg out together. He looked down to his watch and noticed it was now 7.03pm, Ruby would be home any minute. He smiled lightly as he looked into the oven once more. It was almost ready; the timing was going to be perfect. He walked over to the kitchen table, and picked up the matches and lit the two candles, before he took the bottle of white wine out of the fridge and placed it in the cooler that he’s set up earlier. He rubbed his hands together as a smile swept across his face, excited about finally being able to spend some time with his fiancée. He turned the oven down, before he walked over to the table again and took a seat as he pulled his mobile out of his pocket. 7.05pm. Xavier sighed lightly. Well, being a little late was okay, and besides she was an artist now, wasn’t being late for things their style? He exhaled lightly as he opened his phone to send Ruby a text message. ‘Hey, dinner is almost ready. Hope you get home soon. Can’t wait for tonight. Xxx.’

Charlie yawned as she sat down on the couch. The girls had been fed, bathed and put to bed, then she did it all again with Jacob. She was still in pain from her surgery, so it hadn’t been an easy task having to do it all herself. She was absolutely exhausted having been left on her own all afternoon with the 3 of them. It had been around 7 hours since Brax had left the house and he was still to appear home. Just as she felt herself drifting off to sleep she heard clattering from outside, and the sounds of a smash, like something had been knocked over. She sighed lightly as she stood up and walked over to the door and opened it to find Brax bending down to the key hole, trying to get his key into the lock, the breastfeeding pillow sitting around his neck. “Charlie” Brax grinned as he looked up at her. “You got the door open” Brax laughed as he staggered into the house. “God, what a mess in here” Brax slurred. “And I thought I made a mess when I knocked that plant over outside” Brax let himself fall onto the couch as he threw the pillow at Charlie. “Here’s your boobie feeding pillow” Brax said before he flung his head back and rested it against the cushion on the couch.

“What the hell Brax” Charlie shouted. “Where the hell have you been?”

“Oh well since I’m useless and can’t do this whole Father thing, I thought the girls would be better off without me anyways, you know I’ll probably break her neck cos I didn’t support it or give her an infection cos I cleaned her butt wrong” Brax sighed “So, I’m out on this whole Father thing. It’s not for me”

“It’s a bit late for you to realise that” Charlie raised her voice as she felt herself tearing up.

“You’ve got it sorted Charlie” Brax said “You’re awesazming....awesome...amazing” Brax laughed as he jumped up from the couch as a burst of energy ran through him. “Where’s Jakey?”

“He’s in bed” Charlie answered angrily. “Do you have any idea what time it is?”

“A dunno” Brax said as he looked down at his watch. “3, 4?” Brax said. “I aint been gone that long”

“Try 9.40” Charlie sighed.

Brax laughed. “Must have lost track of time”

“This isn’t funny, Brax” Charlie said as she tried her best to hold back her tears. “Do you think it’s been easy for me trying to look after Jacob and the girls while I’m trying to recover from surgery? It hurts to move Brax” Charlie yelled as she final let the tears escape her. “I’ve been left here all afternoon on my own while you’ve been out getting drunk”

“Just wetting the baby’s head, you know, as they do” Brax said before he walked over to the fridge and pulled out another beer.

“I think you’ve had enough already” Charlie said as she walked forward and tried to take the beer from his hand.

“You don’t.....you don’t get to tell me what to do” Brax said as he tried to point to Charlie.

“Brax just put the beer down” Charlie said somewhat angrily.

“Nah” Brax shook his head as he pushed Charlie to the side, causing her to hit her stomach against the chair from the dining table. Charlie screamed out in pain as she double over, clutching onto her stomach. Brax twisted the cap off the bottle and threw it on the table before he staggered off in the direction of their bedroom.

As Xavier sat and waited he watched the candles burn, he watched as they got smaller and smaller, as the wax ran down the side of the candle, as the ice in the wine bucket melted to water, and as the food in the oven dried up. Sighing lightly he looked up to the clock. 10.30pm. He threw the wasted food into the bin before he blew out the now tiny candles. He put the bottle of wine back into the fridge before he walked out of the kitchen and into their bedroom to get himself ready for bed. Once he was ready he threw the covers back and slipped into the bed, sighing lightly at Ruby not being home yet, at Ruby not even bothering to get in touch with him. He sighed once more before he closed his eyes to sleep.

Thank you so much GeorgieNZ, Samantha1, Sarah, totally, JosieTash, Cally, Sazzle, Jen1205, CharlieAndBraxLover, pembie, Spotd1, soph1303 and Zoe. Hope you like this one.

Chapter 23

Charlie walked into the kitchen to find Brax sitting hunched over the table looking down at a glass of water as he threw a tablet into it. Charlie stood and watched it fizz up before Brax took a drink. She cleared her throat to make Brax aware of her presence in the room. Brax turned his head slowly and looked at Charlie before he looked away again, keeping his head down, supporting it with his hands. “So I guess you are paying for last night now”

“Don’t” Brax said as he shook his head. “I feel bad enough already. I don’t need a lecture from you”

“What makes you think I was going to lecture you? You’re not one of my children” Charlie said before she walked towards the kettle and flicked it on, before she reached up and took a teabag from the jar before she flung it into a mug.

“I would deserve one” Brax said. “So I wouldn’t blame you”

“So do you want one or not?” Charlie asked as she turned to face Brax.

“I’m sorry” Brax said as he felt himself tearing up. “I didn’t mean to get so drunk and I didn’t mean to hurt you” Brax cried. “I was drunk and I wasn’t thinking straight. Charlie, I would never hurt you on purpose. I’m not like that. I could never hurt you” As Brax spoke Charlie could see tears forming in his eyes.

“You think that makes it okay?” Charlie asked as she looked seriously at Brax. “Brax, you know how much pain that I’m in right now and for you too -”

“But I didn’t do it on purpose, Charlie” Brax cried. “I swear I would never hurt you. I would never lay a finger on you in that way” Brax shook his head as he sniffed back the tears.

“I know, at least, I used to think that” Charlie said as she looked away from Brax. “And I know that you were drunk and you were probably not fully aware of what you were doing, but you scared me, Brax. And I’ve just had your babies and Jacob is in the house” Charlie shook her head as a tear rolled down her cheek. “I mean do I have to be scared for their safety too?”

“You don’t need to think like that” Brax cried. “You don’t need to be worried about anyone’s safety. Baby I swear this will never happen again”

Charlie looked back up at Brax as she wiped the tear from her cheek. All she could do was trust him and believe that he wouldn’t do anything like that again. “You don’t get another chance” Charlie shook her head. “One more thing happens like this and I’m gone. I’m taking the kids and I’m out of here. I can’t stay with you, especially with the kids if you are going to turn into a violent drunk”

“I won’t Charlie, I promise you I won’t” Brax shook his head. “I’m never going to drink again”

“Well I don’t think you need to go that far” Charlie said. “But maybe just don’t let yourself get as drunk hey”

Brax shook his head lightly. “I won’t”

“And what about the babies?” Charlie questioned. “Because you know yesterday I was only trying to help you when I was telling you what to do”

“It just seemed like you were picking at me for even trying” Brax sniffed back his tears as he looked up to Charlie.

“Brax” Charlie shook her head. “I’m sorry if it felt like that, but I was just trying to help. Okay, you’re a new Dad and I wasn’t trying to undermine you. I’m just trying to help you, you know, I’ve done this before and you’ve not”

Brax nodded lightly at Charlie’s comment. “I just....I didn’t support Paige’s head. I didn’t wind Riley or wipe her butt right -”

“Yeah and do you think you are the first person to do that?” Charlie questioned. “Brax, you always supported their head’s in the hospital. It was probably just the nerves of having them home. You know, this is it; we’re really on our own and I would be worried if you didn’t make mistakes. Most people do. I mean poor Jacob had to go through all of mines”

“I know” Brax smiled lightly. “It’s just, I read so many books on pregnancy and what you’d be going through so I knew exactly what to do and how to help, but I just I didn’t read any on what to do once the babies got here”

“You don’t need books, Brax” Charlie shook her head. “We’ll get through this and work out our own way to raise these girls. Don’t think any question is stupid or feel scared to ask me anything, okay” Brax nodded lightly just as the girls’ cries could be heard. “Looks like someone wants breakfast” Charlie smiled lightly as she walked over to the fridge and opened it and took out a bottle of the milk she’d expressed. “You want to feed one?” Charlie questioned as she handed Brax the bottle.

“You expressed milk?” Brax questioned and Charlie nodded.

“I did it yesterday when you were out getting....when you were out” Charlie said and Brax grinned appreciatively.

“You know I didn’t even hear the girls last night. Did they cry at all?”

“Oh they cried. They cried a lot” Charlie answered. “But you seem to go in some kind of sleep coma when you drink so it’s not a surprise that you didn’t hear them” Charlie yawned as she made her way out of the kitchen towards the girls’ room. “So, are you going to feed one?”

“Yeah yeah” Brax grinned as he followed Charlie, excited to feed one of his daughters.

“Hello?” Bianca called out as she stood at the door of the house.

“Hey” Charlie said as she appeared down the hall to welcome her friend. “Sorry, I did here you knocking, but I was just finishing off feeding Riley”

“Brax not pulling his weight?” Bianca asked.

“He’s out” Charlie said. “We have like no food in the house, so he’s popped out to get some shopping done”

“Ah okay” Bianca smiled as she walked further into the house and took a seat on the couch as Jacob came running over to her.

“Bee-Bee, Bee-Bee” Jacob screeched. “I gots new baby little sisters. Two of them”

“Yeah, you did” Bianca smiled down at the boy.

“Theys real pritty” Jacob smiled as he climbed up onto the couch.

“So you don’t mind that you didn’t get brothers?” Bianca questioned and Jacob shook his head.

“No” Jacob shook his head. “My sisters are good. Paige and Riley is them names”

“Yeah, they’re pretty names” Bianca smiled.

“Yeah” Jacob grinned as Charlie sat down on the couch next to them.

“You look exhausted” Bianca said and Charlie nodded as she yawned.

“I am” Charlie answered.

“You want to go for a sleep?” Bianca questioned. “I can hang with Jacob and see to the girls if they wake”

“I don’t think I could sleep” Charlie shook her head. “I think I am over tired”

“You could always give it a try” Bianca said. “You know you still need to look after yourself too”

“I don’t think that’s an option” Charlie shook her head. “One baby is hard enough, but twins” Charlie shook her head. “They’ve only been home one night and look at the place already” Charlie sighed as she looked around the messy room. “Then there’s still this little guy to keep occupied” Charlie said as she ran her hand over Jacob’s hair.

“Well I’m sure you’ll get into a routine soon” Bianca smiled. “And seriously, go try to get a half an hour at least”

Charlie shook her head lightly as she looked down to her body. “Maybe you could watch them while I go for a quick shower? I feel horrible” Charlie said as she ran her hand through her hair.

“Yeah sure” Bianca nodded. “Take your time” Charlie smiled thankfully at her friend before she made her way to the bathroom. As she undressed herself, she looked down to her scar and gently ran her hand across it as a tear rolled down her cheek. She’d kept it bottled up inside her for a week now, and although not taking about it was killing her, she knew talking about it would be even harder. Although she didn’t plan to have any more children anyways, she felt slightly cheated that the decision had been taken from her. As she turned to put the shower on, the tears continued to roll down her cheeks. She knew she had to talk about it to someone soon, whether it was Brax or Bianca, she knew she needed to let out her hurt and upset. Sighing lightly she wiped the tears from her face before she stepped into the shower.

Brax walked back onto the house, slightly surprised to see Bianca cradling a crying Riley in her arms, while Paige sat quite content in the bouncy chair, with Jacob sitting crossed legged in front of it, looking lovingly down at his sister. “Thank God you’re home” Bianca said as she walked over to Brax. Brax dropped the shopping bags on the floor as he took his daughter in his arms, and tried to settle her.

“Where’s Charlie?” Brax questioned.

“She went for a shower” Bianca answered. “About 2 minutes later both the girls started to cry and Jacob was fussing over wanting to go play soccer” Bianca sighed as she sat back down on the couch. “I managed to get Paige to stop crying within seconds, but this one” Bianca shook her head.

“Shhh baby” Brax said as he gently rocked Riley in his arms, trying to stop her crying.

“Do you think maybe she is hungry?” Brax questioned and Bianca shrugged her shoulders.

“I have no idea” Bianca said “Maybe, or maybe she has a wet nappy”

“Well she hasn’t made a poop” Brax said as he smelt his daughters bum. “But, I’ll go check if she’s dry” Brax said before he disappeared off to the nursery, returning moments later, shaking his head as his daughter continued to scream. “She’s dry” Brax sighed as he walked over to the fridge and took out a bottle of the expressed milk, and tried to offer it to Riley, but she just screamed and screamed refusing to take the bottle. “Shhh sweetie” Brax said softly as he rocked Riley gently in his arms, her piercing cries only getting louder.

“Riley” Jacob yelled. “You be quiet” Jacob put his hands over his ears as he scowled, un-amused at the noise his sister was making. “I say be quiet” Jacob screamed.

“Shhh mate” Brax said. “She can’t help it”

“Yeah yeah” Jacob sighed. “She just can stop”

“What’s all this crying for?” Charlie asked as she walked back into the living room, her wet hair tried back into a messy ponytail.

“She’s doesn’t need a nappy change, I tried giving her a bottle, I tried rocking her” Brax shook his head. “I don’t know what’s wrong”

“Give me a try” Charlie said as she took Riley into her arms as she continued to cry hysterically. “Shhh” Charlie rocked her baby lightly. “What you being silly for?”

“Mummy make it stop” Jacob said as he stood before her, his hands still over his ears.

“I’m trying” Charlie said as she continued to rock Riley, but nothing seemed to settle her as she continued to scream and scream and scream.

“Maybe try offering her the breast?” Brax said and Charlie nodded as she sat down on the couch, and lifted up her singlet and unhooked her nursing bra, offering Riley too feed. But Riley just continued to scream, not accepting the breast.

“What’s wrong with her?” Charlie asked as he felt herself tearing up. “Why can’t we calm her?”

“She’s too noisy” Jacob frowned. “I don’t like it”

“C’mon” Bianca said as she held out her hand for Jacob to take. “How about we go out and play soccer” Jacob nodded as he walked away with Bianca, thankful to get away from his sisters screams. Brax exhaled lightly as he sat down on the couch, and took Riley back from Charlie as she got her top sorted again.

“Shhh” Brax said softly as he placed Riley down on his legs and gently rubbed her tummy, before he began rubbing her legs, this seeming to have a calming effect on her, as her cries quietened. Brax smiled lightly as he continued to rub is daughter’s legs before he moved them around in circles. Just then, Riley let out a fart, before she immediately stopped crying. Charlie laughed lightly as Brax looked at her, feeling pleased with himself.

“Well done” Charlie smiled as she looked down to Riley who was now sitting content on Brax’s legs. She moved closer to Brax and he wrapped his arm around her and they both looked lovingly down at their daughter.

Thanks totally, Cally, Zoe, Sarah, pembie, Samantha1, JosieTash, Chickiboomxx and Spotd1 for commeting. :wub: Hope this next one is okay.

Chapter 24

Bianca had gone home and the girls and Jacob were having a nap when Brax led Charlie outside, to the table out on the back porch. He had prepared a lunch of salmon, potatoes and salad, and of course had some of Leah’s chocolate cake for afterwards. A bottle of non-alcoholic wine sitting on the table. “Oh wow, someone made an effort” Charlie said as she sat down on the chair, before Brax took a seat opposite her.

“Well I just wanted to show you how thankful I am that you’ve had these babies for me” Brax smiled as he lifted the boxes from his chair to the table top. “And I got you a couple of gifts. I bought them the day after you had the babies, but I was trying to find the right time to give you them”

“Oh” Charlie smiled as she looked down to the boxes, one of them looking very much like an engagement ring box, but she’d learned from the past, not to get too excited just yet.

Brax smiled as he picked up the bigger of the two boxes first and handed it to Charlie. “So, I wanted to get you something that symbolised the girls birth, so” Brax smiled as he watched Charlie open the box, and bring a big smile to her face.

“Brax it’s gorgeous” Charlie smiled as she ran her hand over the white gold bracelet, set with aquamarine, the girls’ birth stone. “And looks like it cost you a fair bit”

“You’re worth it though” Brax smiled. “And with the restaurant still keeping as busy as Christmas was, I could afford to splash out” Charlie smiled as she placed the box down on the table and looked at the other one. Brax smiled lightly as he picked it up, and walked around in front of Charlie. “Now, don’t get too excited” Brax shook his head lightly. “It’s not what you think it is” Brax said, referring to the fact he knew Charlie was thinking it could be an engagement ring. “I’m not ready yet, for marriage, I mean. The thought of marriage still scares the crap outta me” Brax said before he took a deep breath. “But, this ring, is a promise ring, Charlie and it’s a promise that one day, I will make you Mrs Braxton” Brax smiled lightly at he opened the box and revealed a white gold bypass promise ring with 3 diamonds set in the middle.

“Brax” Charlie shook her head. “It’s lovely” Charlie smiled as Brax took the ring from the box, and placed it on her wedding ring finger. “Perfect fit” Charlie smiled before she pulled Brax closer to her and placed a soft kiss on his lips.

“Almost losing you, Charlie, it terrified me, and I want you to know that one day, I’m going to be ready for marriage, but until then, I hope that this is enough”

“Of course it’s enough” Charlie smiled as she felt herself tearing up. “You are enough. And if you don’t want marriage...Brax...being with you and having Jacob and our girls, it’s enough”

“I know” Brax smiled. “But one day, we will get married Charlie, and you know, it’ll be more special because our girls will be part of that day”

“Yeah” Charlie nodded lightly as a tear rolled down her cheek.

“Hey, you okay?” Brax questioned and Charlie nodded as she wiped the tear from her cheek. “This isn’t about getting married, is it?”

Charlie shook her head lightly as she looked down to the ground. “I just....I feel empty inside” Charlie said as she let more tears fall. “And I feel less like a woman now”

“Aww sweetie of course you are still a woman” Brax said as he took her hand in his.

"How am I Brax? How am I still a woman?" Charlie cried.

Brax looked to Charlie, heartbroken at the sight before him. "Your maternal instinct" Brax began. "The way you look after everyone, and I don't just mean Ruby and Jacob, and Paige and Riley; but everyone" Brax took Charlie's hands in his. "That’s what make you a woman, not what’s inside you”

“Or not, anymore” Charlie cried. “I just, I feel so cheated of the chance to decide whether or not we had more children” Charlie sniffed back. “I mean I know I have 4, but you only have 2 biological children, maybe you wanted more”

“No” Brax shook his head. “Ruby and Jacob are great too. You know how much I think of Jacob as my own, Charlie. I love those kids, and I’m happy with what we have”

“You’re not just saying that?” Charlie asked as she sniffed back more tears.

“No” Brax shook his head. “I love our family as it is, and I wouldn’t want to change it”

Charlie smiled lightly before she put her hand on her stomach. “I’ve got a big ugly scar now too” Charlie cried. “Having my C-section scar is bad enough, but now this one above it” Charlie shook her head. “I look horrible and it hurts so badly right now”

“Hey, sweetie you don’t look horrible” Brax shook his head. “You are gorgeous and no scar is going to make me think any differently about you. You’re gorgeous and nothing is going to diminish that” Charlie smiled lightly at Brax’s words. “And this pain, it won’t last forever” Brax shook his head. “It will go away eventually”

“I know” Charlie nodded lightly. “But it’s just....I’m sore”

“I know sweetheart” Brax said softly. “And I wish you didn’t have to be in pain, especially with Jacob and the girls to look after, but I’m here and I’m going to help you out as much as I can, you know I have two weeks off work, so I’m going to make this time as easy for you as I possibly can”

Charlie smiled lightly at Brax before she looked up to her food. “This is probably getting cold and we should probably start eating it before the girls wake up”

“Yeah” Brax smiled lightly as he stood up and placed a soft kiss on her forehead.

“Xavier, I don’t know how many times you want me to say I’m sorry” Ruby sighed as she threw a few tops into her suitcase.

“You could have at least sent me a text to say you couldn’t get home”

“I was busy” Ruby sighed.

“It takes two minutes to send a text” Xavier sighed.

“I was busy” Ruby yelled again.

“That’s all I ever get lately Ruby” Xavier sighed. “You never have any time for me anymore”

“Well I’m sorry, but this is my job” Ruby sighed. “Can’t you at least be supportive?”

“It’s hard to be supportive if you are never around” Xavier said. “I miss you, Ruby. I miss being close with you and just vegging out and you know anything we used to do together” Xavier felt himself tearing up.

“You told me to take this career, Xav” Ruby sighed as she zipped up her suitcase.

“Yeah well maybe I just didn’t realise how much of your time this would actually take”

“Xav” Ruby sighed as there was a knock at the door and Ruby stormed off to answer it. “Matt, hey” Ruby smiled. “I’m almost ready” Ruby said as Xavier walked down the hall, dragging her suitcase behind him.

“God Ruby, you’re only going away for the weekend what the hell do you have in there?” Matt laughed as he pointed to the rather large suitcase, stuffed full.

“Beats me” Xavier sighed. “Probably over the weight limit”

“A girl can never have enough clothes with her” Ruby said as she took the case from Xavier and wheeled it into the direction of Matt.

“It’s one weekend” Matt said again as he took the case from her and laughed.

“Shut up” Ruby laughed as she lightly his is chest.

Xavier cleared his throat. “Well have a good weekend in Perth” Xavier said as he took a step forward and gave Ruby a hug. He went to place a kiss on her lips but Ruby moved her head to the side and his lips brushed softly against her cheek. Xavier looked to Ruby confused before he stepped back.

“Cya” Ruby said before she and Matt left for Perth, leaving Xavier, once again, on his own.

“Hello” Bianca smiled as she walked into the house.

“Hey, Bianca” Brax smiled as they walked over to the couch and took a seat.

“Bee-Bee here again” Jacob smiled as he jumped up next to her on the couch.

“Yeah. I brought presents” Bianca said.

“For Jacob?” Jacob grinned.

“Oh I don’t know there might be something here for you” Bianca smiled as she opened the bag and pulled out some neatly wrapped gifts for the girls.

“Hey Bianca” Charlie smiled as she walked into the room from checking on the twins. “What brings you here again?”

“Oh I was out shopping in Yabbie Creek and I saw these cute little outfits, so” Bianca smiled as she handed Charlie all the parcels.

“Nothing for me?” Jacob asked sadly. People had been popping in with parcels and to see the girls for most of the afternoon and Jacob was feeling sad that he wasn’t getting anything.

“Hmm, I think this one has Jacob’s name on” Bianca said as she handed the boy the parcel.

“Wow” Jacob grinned. “I got one now Mummy”

“You going to open it and see what it is?” Charlie asked and Jacob nodded excitedly before he ripped at the paper. “Wow it’s jammies” Jacob grinned as he pulled the pyjama’s from the paper. Thems have skulls on like a pirate flag. Thems are the coolest”

“Ah wow, what do you say to Bianca?”

“Thanks Bee-Bee” Jacob grinned as he jumped up and down in excitement.

“Look Jacob, you got a card too” Brax said as he pointed to the envelope that was sitting on the floor.

“Ohh” Jacob said as he picked it up and torn it from the envelope. “What it say Daddy?” Jacob asked as he handed it to Brax.

Brax looked down to the card that had a picture of a little boy, looking down at two new babies. “It says, ‘To A Very Special Big Brother’” Brax said as he read the front of the card, before opening it. “’To Jacob, Congratulations on your baby sisters. Lots of love Bianca’”

“Wow, and it’s really just for me?” Jacob questioned.

“Yeah mate, it is” Brax nodded. Jacob smiled as he looked up to all the other cards that they had received that weren’t for just him.

“This is the best ever one” Jacob grinned. “I put it in my room and my new jammies on” Jacob grinned as he ran out of the living room towards his bedroom.

“Thanks for that, Bianca” Charlie smiled, just as a baby’s cries could be heard.

“I’ll go” Brax smiled as he jumped up from the couch, leaving Charlie and Bianca to talk.

“It’s no bother” Bianca smiled “I didn’t want the little guy to feel left out. So are you going to open the presents for the girls?”

“Yeah, sure” Charlie smiled as opened the gifts, revealing two little yellow sun dresses with matching hats, two little pink dresses with a little white flower on the front and two lilac dresses, also with little white and lilac sun hats. “Aww Bianca they’re lovely”

“I thought so too. And I won’t be offended if you don’t dress them in them at the same time” Bianca laughed. “I know you’re feelings on that”

Charlie laughed lightly as Jacob came running back into the room, proudly showing off his new pyjamas. “Aww sweetie you put them on back to front”

“Whoopsies” Jacob giggled. “You help me Mummy” Jacob said as he climbed up onto the couch getting Charlie to help him change.

Thank you so much CharlieAndBraxLover, Sarah, JosieTash, mizziette, Sazzle, Spotd1, Zoe, totally, Red Ranger 1, Samantha1 and soph1303 for the comments. :wub: I hope you like this one. I'm not so sure. :unsure:

Chapter 25

Ruby walked into the hotel room and placed her suitcase down on the floor. She ran over to the balcony door and pushed it open before she walked outside and stood on the balcony, overlooking the city. The sun was setting in the distance, and the sky was a lovely shade of pinks and reds. “Hey, Rubes, you want to come out for some dinner then hit the clubs?” Matt asked as he walked into the room, and over to the balcony.

“Sure” Ruby smiled “I guess the rest of the band are coming too?”

“Nah” Matt shook his head. “Derek is feeling a bit sick, so he is resting up before the show tomorrow and Simon is too busy skyping his girlfriend, so it’s just me and you” Matt smiled.

“Oh” Ruby said “I might actually see if Xav is available to skype”

“C’mon Rubes, you can see him when you get home” Matt smiled. “Don’t leave me all on my own” Mat pouted as he walked closer to Ruby, and touched her arm. “C’mon, my treat and everything” Matt pouted. Ruby smiled as she looked up at Matt, looking into his deep brown eyes. He smiled lightly as he flicked brown locks from his face.

“Ahh.....sure” Ruby smiled as she walked in from the balcony and closed the door. “But we can’t go out for too long we have a gig tomorrow”

Matt laughed lightly “Yeah, and that’s not till like 8pm. We have like all day to recover, and beside we are only opening the gig, so we don’t have much to do”

“Well we still need to get up there and sing 6 songs” Ruby sighed.

Matt laughed once more. “Yeah, but we are only a support act, Rubes, it’s not as if the people came to see us is it?”

“Well no, but...” Ruby trailed off as she shook her head. “Never mind, c’mon lets go” Matt smiled as he and Ruby walked out of the hotel room, and made their way down the lift, and out into the city.

Charlie rolled over in the bed as she pushed Brax’s shoulder. “Brax your daughter is crying”

“Mmm she’s your daughter too” Brax said as he turned away from Charlie.

“I got up the last time” Charlie moaned. “Get up”

Brax yawned as he flung himself out of the bed and walked sleepily into the nursery and over to the cot. “Now Riley” Brax said through another yawn as he picked his daughter up. “What you doing? Hmm, Mummy just fed you, you’re nappy is dry.....” Brax said “What’s the tears for now?” Brax said as he cradled his daughter in his arms. Riley continued to scream as Brax tried to calm her.

“Mummy” Jacob yawned as he ran into her bedroom. “I can’t stay asleeping”

“The babies keeping you awake?” Charlie questioned as she sat up in the bed as Jacob climbed up onto it. Jacob nodded before he slid under the covers and rested his head against Charlie’s stomach.

“I be careful on your tummy. It okay” Jacob said and Charlie smiled lightly as she put her hand on her sons head and rubbed it gently.

“You not going to go into your bed?” Charlie questioned and Jacob shook his head.

“I hear them girls” Jacob sighed.

“You’ll still hear them in here sweetie” Charlie told her son and Jacob exhaled lightly.

“Well what we going to do?” Jacob asked seriously as he held his hands out to the side.

“I don’t know” Charlie shook her head.

“Well I have time wiff you now” Jacob said. “Cos you always been busy wiff the girls” Jacob screwed his face up as he looked up at her Mother. “We could play pirates” Jacob smiled.

“Sweetie we can’t play pirates” Charlie laughed lightly. “It’s almost 3 in the morning”

“But we’s have time to play” Jacob said sadly. “You’s busy wiff the girls all the day”

“Sweetie, Mummy still has time for you” Charlie said.

“No” Jacob shook his head. “You an Daddy been wiff the girls all the day”

“It’ll calm down sweetie, I promise. We just need to get them into a routine”

“Really promise?” Jacob asked and Charlie nodded lightly and Brax walked back into the room, finally getting Riley to settle down again.

“Okay” Jacob said as he stood up in the bed and gave Charlie a kiss. “Daddy take me too bed” Jacob said as he held his arms up and Brax lifted he boy into his arms before taking him back through to his room.

Ruby and Matt laughed as they made their way across the hall of the hotel, before stopping outside of Ruby’s room. “Well this is me” Ruby said as she fished her key out of her bag.

“Could always raid the mini bar” Matt smirked.

“Don’t we have to pay for that?” Ruby questioned as opened the door and flung her bag on the side table.

“Well someone does” Matt laughed as he walked into the room behind her. “But it won’t be coming out of our wages” Matt said as he bent down and opened the fridge, taking out two miniature vodka bottles and a can of coke.

“I don’t actually need anymore” Ruby shook her head as she sat down on the end of the bed.

“What, you’ve hardly even tipsy” Matt laughed.

“Yeah, I know, but I think you are drunk enough for the both of us, plus I am diabetic so I can’t really afford to get stupidly drunk all the time”

“I’m not saying all the time” Matt slurred. “You’ve not gotten drunk yet since I’ve known you. I’m sure once in a while is fine”

“Maybe so” Ruby said. “But doesn’t mean I have to do it”

“More for me then” Matt laughed as he poured both of the vodka bottles into the class, before adding a very small amount of coke. “So, tell me” Matt said as he looked back up to Ruby. “What do you see in that fiancé of yours? I mean you’re smoking hot and he.....well he’s not” Matt laughed.

“Xavier is lovely” Ruby smiled. “He’s sweet and kind and I think he is very handsome”

“Yeah but like he’s not you’re level handsome. I mean I don’t know how he got someone like you”

“You know, not everything is about looks” Ruby sighed.

“So you don’t think he is good looking then?” Matt asked.

“I do” Ruby nodded. “Not that I need to explain myself to you”

“C’mon” Matt said. “Really, you can be honest with me” Matt smiled. “Are you just with him until someone better looking comes knocking?”

“No” Ruby shook her head. “I love Xavier and I find him attractive”

“Right” Matt nodded. “So what if I said that I find you very very attractive. Like you are gorgeous Rubes” Matt said as he moved closer to Ruby, and took her hand into his. He looked up at her face and deep into her beautiful green eyes, as he moved his hand up to her cheek and rubbed it softly. Moving his head closer to hers, he leaned in until they were only inches apart.

“Matt” Ruby shook her head as he pulled back. “You’re a lovely guy, you really are, but I have a fiancé, I’m sorry”

“He never needs to know” Matt shook his head. “I mean think about, we have a connection Ruby. Don’t deny it” Matt said. “We are going to be travelling around touring, we could be together and he’d never need to know”

“No” Ruby shook her head. “I like you as a friend” Ruby said. “Nothing more”

Matt sighed lightly as he stood up and placed his drink on the side table. “I get it” Matt said. “Cheating on your fiancé, it’ll be a big thing to do. I’ll wait till you’re ready” Matt said. “Because I know you want this” Matt whispered before he leaned down and placed a kiss on Ruby’s cheek. “Sleep tight beautiful” Matt smiled before he left the room. Ruby sighed lightly as she placed her hand over her cheek. She couldn’t deny she liked Matt, but she was sure it was only a silly crush that would soon go away.

Thank you GeorgieNZ, Aden_Belle, CharlieAndBraxLover, Red Ranger 1, JosieTash, Spotd1, Sarah, Chickiboomxx, Samatha1, RoRo90 and Sabrina. :)

Chapter 26

Charlie pushed the pram along the path and into the diner where she was meeting Bianca for a bite to eat. The girls were now 3 weeks old, and Charlie was slowly getting them used to their routine. “Hey” Charlie smiled at her friend as she took a seat opposite her.

“Hey, how are my girls today?” Bianca asked as she stuck her head in the pram, looking down at the girls who were both sleeping peacefully.

“They’re good” Charlie smiled.

“Aww and I see you’ve dressed them the same” Bianca gushed as she looked at the girls who were both wearing the little yellow dresses that Bianca had bought for them.

“Just for their Auntie Bianca” Charlie smiled as Colleen hurried over, keen to see the babies.

“Aww we’ll aren’t these two just adorable” Colleen squawked as she stuck her head in the pram. “Although I’m not keen on the name Riley” Colleen said as she looked back up at Charlie.

“Well it’s a good job it wasn’t your decision to make” Bianca said. “And I think the names are both lovely”

“Well” Colleen sighed. “Each to their own I suppose. You know I’m sorry I haven’t been around to the house to see them yet. Leah’s been giving me so many shifts here I haven’t had time for anything else”

“Oh that’s okay, Colleen” Charlie smiled, thankful that she hadn’t actually been to see them. Coping with Jacob and the twins was hard enough; she didn’t need Colleen to be popping round either.

“Well I’ve seen the little cuties now” Colleen smiled. “So what were their birth weights?”

“4lbs 8oz and 4lbs 12oz” Charlie answered.

“Ahh not too big then Lancey was a 9 pounder, almost ripped me, he did”

“Oh well that is a big baby” Charlie said as she raised her eye brows.

“Well technically you birthed 9lbs 4oz” Bianca said and Charlie bit her lip and the expression on Colleen’s face.

“Well anyways, how far apart were they born?” Colleen asked.

“22 minutes” Charlie answered.

“What the hell took you so long woman?” Colleen asked. “Madge Wilkins knows a woman who had twins born just 1 minute apart”

“Well I’m pretty sure in that case she would have had a caesarean” Charlie answered.

“Oh” Colleen said. “Eh well....and where is Brax? I hope he’s not leaving all this parenting up to you?”

“He has taken Jacob to the park, if that’s okay with you Colleen” Charlie answered.

“Yes, I suppose” Colleen sighed “Just as long as he is pulling his weight too”

“Yes, he is” Charlie answered. “Now if you don’t mind I’d like the chilli chicken wrap and a glass of orange please”

“Yes, certainly” Colleen answered as she wrote her order down. “And for you Bianca?”

“A latte and the chicken burger” Bianca smiled before Colleen scurried off to the kitchen. “So it’s a boy’s day and a girl’s day today?” Bianca questioned and Charlie nodded lightly.

“I guess” Charlie answered. “He just wanted to have a bit time with Jacob. He goes back to work tomorrow” Charlie said sounding a little bit scared.

“You look really nervous about that”

“I am” Charlie said. “They’re hard work” Charlie said as she shook they pram lightly as the babies could be heard stirring. “And I have Jacob in the afternoons too. I wish pre-school would take him all day”

“Really?” Bianca questioned.

“Well no” Charlie shook her head. “I mean I do really miss him when he is there but he just wants my attention all the time and I can’t give him that when I am looking after the girls”

“You’ll get things sorted” Bianca said. “It might take some time, but eventually things will all slot into place. And I don’t blame the kid. He’s been on his own with you for 3 years then two new babies come along at once”

“I know” Charlie smiled lightly. “I think Riley has colic, so that’s probably making things a bit more difficult” Charlie said just as a baby’s cries could be heard. “Talking about Riley” Charlie sighed as she stood up.

“How do you know its Riley?” Bianca questioned as Charlie lifted Riley for the pram, before she settled herself on the chair again, gently rocking her daughter, and thankfully, this time, being held seemed to be enough to settle her back into a sleep.

“Beside the fact I know my daughters cries, it’s always Riley” Charlie yawned. “Paige is always so content. She never cries, like I mean, never. Occasionally, if she is hungry but mostly she’ll just wait till I come too her. She is so easy, but Riley” Charlie shook her head. “God Riley. It’s a good job I love her, I tell you” Charlie shook her head. “She cries. All the time. If she’s not sleeping, that is. She just won’t settle at all”

“So she is going to the little boisterous one” Bianca laughed.

“High maintenance is more like it” Charlie laughed. “But as I said, I think she might be colicky. I have a Doctor’s appointment tomorrow to check on my recovery, so I could ask then”

“Yeah, good idea” Bianca nodded. “Do you have anyone to go to the appointment with you?”

“Nah” Charlie shook head. “Brax is back at work, so I’ll just go on my own”

“With 3 kids?” Bianca questioned.

“Well I could leave them at home, but I don’t think DOCS would be too impressed if they found out, so yeah, with 3 kids” Charlie sighed.

“Couldn’t Brax just take like an hour off work and come with you?” Bianca questioned.

“I guess not” Charlie sighed. “Seriously it’s fine. I mean it’s at 2.30 and the girls are always asleep then anyways and Jacob is so well behaved that he won’t be any bother”

“Well it’s a good job I finish work at 2 on a Monday, so I can be there with you”

“No, Bianca. You don’t need too” Charlie shook her head. “Honestly it’s fine”

“Well at least let me watch Paige and Jacob for you” Bianca said. “That way you can ask the doctor about Riley without having the other two there as well”

“Okay” Charlie smiled. “That would be good, thanks” Charlie smiled, just as Colleen came over with their order. She placed Riley back into the pram, before she made a start to eating her lunch.

Ruby and Xavier were sitting in the park in Sydney. Xavier had prepared a picnic for them. Two weeks after the night that Ruby hadn’t shown up too, she finally found time to spend the afternoon with Xavier. “So, this is nice” Ruby smiled as she curled up closer to Xavier.

“Yeah, it’s been ages since we’ve done this” Xavier said before he placed a soft kiss on her head.

“I’m sorry” Ruby said “You know I can’t help it. It’s just my job”

“I know” Xavier sighed “I just didn’t realise that -”

“Oh my God it’s Ruby” The teenage girl screeched as she ran across the park. “Can I eh....hey...eh” The girl seemed star struck as she looked down to Ruby.

“Hey” Ruby smiled as she stood up before the girl.

“I...I....” The girl stood open mouthed before her.

“You want a picture?” Ruby asked as she noticed the camera in the girl’s hand. The girl nodded not being able to talk. “Xav, do you mind?” Ruby said as she passed him the camera. Xavier sighed lightly before he stood up and took the camera from Ruby.

“Big smiles” Xavier said as he clicked a few photos of Ruby with the girl.

“Oh wow” The girl exhaled as she continued to look star struck.

Ruby laughed lightly as she fished a piece of paper and a pen out of her bag. “What’s your name?”

“Li....Lisa” The girl managed.

Ruby smiled as she scribbled down her autograph for the girl before handing it too her.

“Wow, th....thanks” The girl said before she turned and ran away screaming to tell her Mother what had happened. Xavier sighed lightly as he saw a paparazzi guy in the bushes taking photo’s before a second group of teenage girls were walking quickly in their direction.

“We’re not going to get alone time here, are we?” Xavier sighed as he started to pack away the picnic.

“Aww Xav, don’t” Ruby sighed.

“What’s the point in staying here Ruby?” Xavier sighed. “There’s some creepy paparazzi guy taking our picture from over there and a group of teenagers walking our way to meet you. I’ll see you back at home” Xavier sighed as he picked the picnic basket up and walked away in a mood.

“Xav, don’t” Ruby sighed before she felt at a presence behind her. She turned around to see a group of 4 girls all staring at her with big smiles on their faces. She wasn’t going to lie, as much as she knew her and Xavier was drifting apart, she was loving this attention. She smiled at the girls, who let out nervous giggles, before offering photos and autographs.

Thank you everyone for the lovely comments.

Chapter 27

Charlie walked into the house to find Bianca and Jacob drawing at the coffee table. “Mummy I drawed a picture” Jacob smiled as he ran over to her.

“Wow” Charlie smiled.

“Guess what me drawed” Jacob said.

“Oh...a pirate ship?” Charlie questioned and Jacob nodded.

“Yeah” Jacob said in amazement. “How you guess?”

“Oh cos Mummy is clever” Charlie said, not mentioning that every picture Jacob drew recently was something pirate related.

“You put it on fridge?” Jacob asked as he lifted it up for Charlie too see.

“Yeah” Charlie smiled as Bianca took one of the car seat’s from her, much to her relief, as she was finding them heavy, and she was still hurting. Charlie placed the second car seat on the ground in front of the couch, before she walked across to the fridge and placed Jacob’s drawing, of what was supposed to resemble a pirate ship, on to it, before she walked over to the couch, and took a seat next to Bianca, who had already lifted Riley out and into her arms.

“Mummy what I draw now?” Jacob asked as he sat on the floor at the coffee table, a crayon in his hand ready to draw something else.

“Oh, I don’t know” Charlie said. “Why don’t you surprise Mummy?”

“Mmmm, I knows” Jacob smiled before he set to work, creating his next masterpiece.

“So, how was the hospital?” Bianca asked, finally able to talk to her friend.

“Fine” Charlie smiled. “I’m healing nicely, and it doesn’t hurt as much now, so that’s good” Charlie said as she leaned forward and lifted Paige into her arms. Even though Bianca had offered to look her after, Charlie was unable to leave her just yet, so she also made the trip to the hospital with Charlie, while Jacob stayed with Bainca.

“Yeah” Bianca smiled. “And this little one” Bianca asked as she look down to Riley who was sitting peacefully in her arms.

“Colic” Charlie nodded.

“So what happens?” Bianca asked.

“She cries a lot. We get frustrated, less sleep, but, over time it goes away” Charlie sighed.

“Oh, so there is nothing they can give her?”

“Nah” Charlie shook her head. “Unfortunately not”

“Aww well sweetie please don’t make life too hard for Mummy and Daddy” Bianca cooed as she looked down at Riley, who was sitting happily in her arms. “Just you stay nice and quiet like you are now, yes” Bianca nodded as Riley’s eyes followed Bianca’s face as she spoke.

“So, how was Jacob?” Charlie questioned.

“Yeah great” Bianca smiled. “We’ve just sat and drew pictures” Charlie smiled lightly. “So, how was Paige when you were at the doctors?”

“Wouldn’t even know I had her there” Charlie shook her head. “She didn’t make a peep. She just sat in her car seat staring around the room. As much as I love it, it’s also kinda worrying. I mean is it that normally for a baby, especially a new-born baby to never cry?”

“You’re asking the wrong person. I don’t know swat about babies” Bianca shrugged. “But as long as she is feeding and pooping as normal then I’d say I’d think she is fine”

“She has no problems with either or those” Charlie laughed. “Do you sweet pea?” Charlie cooed as she gently rubbed Paige’s cheek, this not even seeming to cause her to stir in her sleep.

“You’re probably just lucky” Bianca smiled. “Although I guess this one evens it out” Bianca smiled as he looked just at Riley as she let out a big yawn in Bianca’s arms.

“Mummy its dun” Jacob grinned. “It’s all us as pirates” Jacob said as he climbed up onto the couch to show Charlie his picture.

“Aww it’s really good Jacob” Charlie smiled as she looked down to scribbles on the piece of paper.

“I want to show Daddy” Jacob said. “Then me and you could go to the park”

“You were at the park with Daddy yesterday” Charlie answered.

“But you could take me today” Jacob looked up at his Mother and gave her the puppy dog eyes.

“I can’t leave the girls on their own sweetie” Charlie said.

“You leave em with Bee-Bee” Jacob said as he looked up to Bianca. “Ay Bee-Bee”

“If Mummy wants too, I’m more than happy to” Bianca said as she looked up at Charlie.

“I’m not ready to leave the girls yet” Charlie shook her head.

“But Mummy, you promise you have time me and you” Jacob sulked. “I want to go to the park”

“Well how about we all go together?” Charlie questioned and Jacob shook his head as his eye brows furrowed.

“Just me and you” Jacob said. “Please Mummy” Jacob said as he pouted. “Like it used to be before them babies”

“You know you need to get used to leaving them” Bianca said.

“They’re only 3 weeks old” Charlie sighed. “I don’t think I need to get used to leaving them just yet”

“Mummy please” Jacob said. “Just for a little bit. Me and you, please” Jacob rested his head on Charlie’s arm as he looked up to her with big puppy dog eyes.

Charlie exhaled lightly as she looked down to her daughter who was now asleep in Bianca’s arms. “Just 1 hour” Bianca said. “Let Jacob have a little Mummy and me time”

“One whole hour? There’s no way I am ready for that” Charlie shook her head, alarmed at the thought of leaving her babies. Jacob sighed as he jumped down from the couch and ran away to his bedroom in tears. “Jacob sweetie” Charlie said as she placed Paige back into her car seat and walked into his bedroom. “Mummy is sorry, but she’s just not ready to leave the babies for too long yet”

“But we no be long” Jacob shook his head.

“How about we play in here for a bit?” Charlie questioned. Hoping that Jacob wasn’t going to start with the jealously now. He’d been great with the girls for the last 3 weeks, give or take a few days where he wanted all the attention.

“Them babies are here” Jacob said sadly.

“Bianca will stay in the living room with the babies and we can stay in here”

Jacob looked to Charlie like he was contemplating the idea. “Play dough?”

“Sure, we’ll play with the play dough” Charlie smiled as she saw the excitement in her son’s eyes.

“God she has a fine set of lungs on her” Brax laughed as he walked back into the living room, where Charlie was sitting on the couch, waiting on his return.

“Well she is all Braxton” Charlie laughed. “So it’s not a surprise she’s a little terror”

Brax looked to Charlie, mocking offence. “And you Buckton’s are squeaky clean?”

“Well Paige is always quiet and content, so...” Charlie smiled as she looked at Brax.

“His and her kids eh” Brax laughed.

“Just as long as you don’t lead Riley into the River Girl path” Charlie laughed.

“River Girl Riley” Brax said. “You know, that does have a nice ring to it” Brax laughed. “We could get her some tattoos. Then no kid will steal her toys from the sandpit at the park”

Charlie laughed lightly as she moved closer to Brax, resting her head against his chest and he wrapped his arm around her. “You know I don’t think she is even going to need the tattoos. I can already see she is going to have some personality”

“So, what? Are you saying Paige is going to be the boring one?” Brax asked.

“Oi” Charlie hit his chest lightly. “Our daughter will not be boring. I’m just saying that I think Riley is going to be quite a character when she is older”

“Well she did take after the best” Brax grinned as Charlie once again hit his chest. “Well Paige sure is going to know to hit a guy” Brax said and Charlie laughed.

“Aww you know as much as I don’t want them to grow up, I can wait till they’re around Jacob’s age. You know, then they’ll be real little people”

“So what, they’re not real people now?” Brax questioned.

“C’mon you know what I mean. They’re new-born babies, they can’t do much yet. Don’t you think it’ll be exciting when they can talk and play and stuff?”

“Well yeah” Brax smiled. “I can’t wait to hear their first words” Brax grinned. “Dadda”

“Eh....Mamma” Charlie corrected.

“Nah, it’ll be Dadda” Brax grinned.

“We'll see” Charlie said just as Jacob came running into the room.

“Hey mate, what you doing up?” Brax asked as Jacob climbed up onto the couch pushing between Charlie and Brax causing them to reluctantly pull apart.

“I’s no tired” Jacob answered.

“But it’s late buddy” Charlie said. “It’s almost 10”

“No late” Jacob shook his head. “Can we watch cartoons?”

“There are no cartoons on at this time” Brax answered.

“We have DVDs” Jacob said. “Peter Pan cos Capin Hook is a pirate capin” Jacob smiled.

“Sweetie you need to go to bed” Charlie said. “You’ve got pre-school tomorrow”

“Just a bit of Peter Pan” Jacob sulked.

“He’ll probably fall asleep if we put it on anyway” Brax said and Charlie nodded before Brax got up and fished the DVD out of the cabinet before he put it in the machine, before he settled himself back down on the couch with Charlie and Jacob.

Thanks JosieTash, CharlieAndBraxLover, Spotd1, Sarah, Red Ranger 1, Samantha1, pembie and Zoe. :wub:

Chapter 28

Charlie tightly wrapped the towel around her body before she walked through to her bedroom and opened her drawer, pulling out some clean underwear. She let the towel fall to the floor and she put on her panties, before she lifted up her bra. “Hey, Charlie I just -”

“No, get out” Charlie yelled as she quickly picked the towel up and wrapped it around the lower half of her stomach.

“Okay, so firstly” Brax started. “I’ve seen you naked plenty a time so I don’t know why you are freaking out and secondly, you’ve left your breasts showing, but covered you bum, while you have underpants on. It doesn’t make sense”

“It’s not about seeing me naked” Charlie exhaled. “Well, it is...or well a part of me” Charlie looked down as Brax moved closer to her.

“Charlie” Brax shook his head immediately knowing what Charlie was referring too. “I’ve told you already, your scar isn’t going to make a difference to me”

“You’ve not seen it yet” Charlie said sadly.

“Do you think I am that shallow?” Brax asked feeling offended. “You think I’ll see the scar and leave you or something? You already have your C-section scar, don’t you think if I was that shallow I’d leave you cos of that one?”

“I eh....I....” Charlie said as she stared at Brax.

“Sweetie” Brax shook his head. “Look I don’t care if you have a couple of scars” Brax said as he took Charlie’s hand in his. “I love you so much and you are the most gorgeous woman I’ve ever met” Brax smiled before he tucked Charlie’s hair behind her ear. “Okay, so this scar, you don’t need to worry about it” Charlie nodded lightly as she ran her hand over the towel, just where her scar was.

“It’s not just the scar” Charlie shook her head. “I still have baby weight, my stomach is all flabby and I have stretch marks”

“Yeah, but look what we got” Brax smiled. “Don’t you think having the girls are worth it? And you’ll lose it all soon enough. Not that it would matter if you didn’t. I mean, I’d still find you attractive and stuff”

Charlie smiled lightly at Brax. “I’m lucky to have you” Charlie said as she dropped the towel, feeling confident enough to let Brax see her body. Brax smiled lightly as he pulled Charlie close to him and gently ran his hand over her scar, before he bent down and placed a soft kiss over it. “You’re gorgeous, Charlie. You’ll always be gorgeous” Brax said as he stood up again and placed a soft kiss on Charlie’s lips. “Now are you going to get dressed for tonight?”

“I don’t think I can. Brax I -”

“Yeah you can” Brax smiled. “It’s easy. You walk over to the wardrobe, pick out one of your lovely dresses and put it on. Hey presto, you’re dressed”

“Brax you know what I mean” Charlie sighed. “I don’t want to leave the girls”

“It’s just for a couple of hours” Brax said. “And Bianca is great with them. They’ll be fine with her”

“I know they’ll be fine if I leave them, but I don’t want too” Charlie shook her head and she looked down.

“You need to start leaving them, sweetie” Brax said.

“Not really” Charlie replied. “They’re only 6 weeks old. I don’t go back to work until they are 6 months, so I have time to get used it”

“Yeah, and the longer you leave it, the harder it’ll be. C’mon, were only going out for a nice dinner. We’ll be a few hours, tops”

“You said a couple the first time” Charlie argued.

“Then a couple” Brax laughed.

“No” Charlie shook her head. “I’m sorry, and it was a lovely suggestion, but I can’t”

“Okay” Brax nodded. “How about we break it down a bit? All you gotta do right now is get dressed” Brax said. “Don’t you go thinking about anything else” Charlie exhaled lightly before she walked over to her wardrobe and pulled out a red spaghetti strapped dress just as there was a knock at the front door. Brax gave Charlie a little smile before he walked off leaving her to get dressed.

Ruby walked into the apartment she shared with Xavier. “Hey what you doing?” Ruby asked as she noticed Xavier was concentrating hard on whatever it was he was working on.

“Oh, just look through the plans we made for the wedding” Xavier smiled.

“Oh right Xav about that....” Ruby spoke tentatively as she knew he wouldn’t take what she was about to suggest too well.

“What, you don’t want it to be small anymore?” Xavier questioned. “Want to invite some of your new famous mates?”

“Eh no” Ruby shook her head. “What I was going to say was....” Ruby took a deep breath. “Well we got told this morning that we are going to be going over to America to start off the album tour and well....” Ruby trailed off as she began playing with her engagement ring.

“Ruby no” Xavier shook his head.

“I’m sorry” Ruby said. “But this is my job”

“So it’s more important than our wedding day?” Xavier questioned.

“Xav, it’s not really that big a deal. So we put the wedding back a bit”

“Ruby it is a big deal” Xavier shouted. “This is our wedding day”

“I know, but Xav, this is my job. And you know what, if you love me then you’ll let me go on this tour and we can get married at a later, more convenient time”

“If you love me you will marry me on that day”

“Xav, that’s not fair” Ruby shook her head. “You know I can’t. I’m going to be in Texas when we are due to be married”

“Can’t you tell Dave and Steve that?”

“Oh yeah because I’m sure they will cancel the whole tour just for our wedding” Ruby spat.

“But we agreed on this date” Xavier said. “Can’t you just tell them that you can’t tour then?”

“Xav, I’m sorry, but I don’t see why it’s so big a deal” Ruby said. “It shouldn’t matter when our special day is. We will get there one day”

“It matters to me” Xavier spat.

“Well then, why don’t you come on tour with me and we can get married in Texas then”

“Oh okay, and can you afford to fly out all our family and friends?”

“Well.....yeah” Ruby nodded.

“No” Xavier shook his head. “I want to get married in Summer Bay, in front of all of our family and friends in September then go to Bali for our honeymoon like we have been planning”

“Well I’m sorry but that’s not an option anymore” Ruby said.

“You know what Ruby, these past few months I have tried my hardest to put up with this. Sudden changes in plans, cancelling on dinners, you’re knew ‘I’m better than you attitude’, but wanting to cancel our wedding” Xavier shook his head. “If you don’t marry me in September and then come to Bali with me” Xavier shook his head. “We’re done”

“What?” Ruby asked as she felt herself close to tears. “But Xavier this is my job”

“Then it’s time to make a choice. What’s more important to you?” Xavier asked. “You’re job or me”

“Okay” Charlie said “So, I got dressed, I read Jacob a story, we fed the girls, what’s next?” Charlie asked as she looked up at Brax.

“We go out for dinner” Brax smiled.

“No” Charlie shook her head. “Brax, no. I don’t want to leave them” Charlie said as she looked down to the two moses baskets in the living room where her girls were laying. “They’re just so little and cute and they don’t want me to leave either. Look at their faces. They’re saying ‘Mummy please stay’”

“Charlie” Brax laughed. “They’ll be perfectly fine with Bianca”

“Honestly, Charlie” Bianca nodded. “You should go out and have and nice night with Brax, you know get a few hours break. You’ve been with them 24/7 since they were born”

“Well they’re my babies” Charlie exhaled lightly as she kept her gaze on her girls.

“You know they probably won’t wake up” Brax said. “We can be gone a few hours and they never need know”

“No no” Charlie shook her head. “I can’t. But you go” Charlie smiled as she looked up at Brax. “I don’t want to spoil your fun”

“On my own?” Brax laughed.

“You could take Bianca” Charlie suggested. “To apologise for bringing her over for nothing”

“As much as I’d love to go out for a romantic dinner with a handsome man...” Bianca began. “This is your romantic dinner and your handsome man”

“Seriously babe, the babies will be fine” Brax said. “Please just let’s go out and have a nice a dinner. When was the last time it was just the two of us hmm?”

“We have kids now” Charlie said. “It’ll never be just the two of us again”

“It can be tonight, for a few hours” Brax smiled. “Please Charlie, c’mon; you’ve been looking forward to this all day”

“That’s before I remembered I had to leave the girls” Charlie sighed as she looked once again down to the moses baskets, her two little girls sound asleep, not having a clue at the state their mother was in at the thought of leaving them.

“You know you can trust me with them, right?” Bianca said as she walked closer to Charlie and put her hand on her arm in comfort.

“Yes” Charlie nodded. “I’d be like this with leaving them with anyone”

“It’s true” Brax nodded. “I’ve never even been on my own with the girls yet. She’s very protective. It’s kind of annoying”

“I can’t help it” Charlie sighed.

“Look, we are going to be late for our reservations” Brax sighed. “Please Charlie”

Charlie wanted this night with Brax more than anything. It had been a long time since they’d been out just the two of them. “Two hours” Charlie sighed. “We leave them for two hours”

“That’s all I ask” Brax smiled.

“Okay, let’s go before I change my mind” Charlie said and she and Brax left the house, leaving Bianca with the children.

Thank you Sarah, JosieTash, pembie, spotd1, CharlieAndBraxLover, Sazzle, Red Ranger 1, Arielxo, Aden_Belle, Samantha1 and Jen1205. Comments make me smile. :wub:

Chapter 29

Charlie and Brax were now sitting in the restaurant in Reefton Lakes, having ordered their meal and waiting for it to arrive. Charlie exhaled lightly as she slyly tried to reach into her bag to take out her phone. “Uh what do you think you are doing?” Brax shook his head as he pulled the phone from her grasp.

“I just wanted to check on them” Charlie pouted. “Please”

“No no” Brax shook his head. “No phone calls. Bianca will call us if anything happens”

“If what happens?” Charlie asked as panic washed over her. “Oh gosh, Brax, why would you say that? What’s going to happen?”

“Nothing” Brax said softly. “Babe, stop worrying”

Charlie took a deep breath before she nodded. “Okay” Charlie said. “So....how was work today?”

“Yeah good” Brax smiled. “The new menus seem to be a hit, and we are getting plenty customers too”

“Good” Charlie smiled. “Jacob wanted to come to the restaurant for pizza and ice-cream today”

“And you wouldn’t let him?” Brax asked.

“Well no” Charlie said. “Riley was playing up. She cried for over 3 hours straight so I didn’t think your customers would appreciate a crying baby there while they were trying to have a nice meal”

“Oh” Brax said. “How long do babies normally have colic for?”

“I dunno” Charlie shrugged her shoulders. “I guess it differs, but the doctor said she should grow out of it at around 3 months old”

“Well hopefully she does” Brax yawned. “How was Paige today?”

“She was great, as usual” Charlie said. “I feel like we don’t give her enough attention though. I mean I was so wrapped up in trying to comfort Riley the poor kid hardly got any attention today. Brax smiled lightly before he slyly tried to lift Charlie’s closer to him. “Uh no” Charlie shook her head. “If I can’t phone, you can’t phone” Brax sighed lightly before he put the phone into his pocket.

“Okay, so did you do anything else today besides trying to get Riley settled?”

“We went for a little walk. Jacob played on the swings for bit” Charlie yawned. “But that’s pretty much it”

“Still you go to be with the kids” Brax smiled. “I hate working as much as I do. I miss them”

“Well don’t give yourself as many shifts” Charlie said. “Problem solved”

“Yeah, I guess” Brax agreed. “Well I did take tomorrow off actually. So I can come to the twins and your 6 week check-up”

“Ah” Charlie smiled, pleased that Brax was going to be there. “Thanks, I’m glad you are coming”

“Wouldn’t miss it” Brax smiled. “I thought we could go out to lunch afterwards. Well just to the diner, but you know” Brax smiled.

“Sounds good” Charlie smiled. “Anything so I don’t have to cook”

“Well no” Brax laughed. “We don’t want that to happen that often”

“Oi” Charlie said sounding offended. “I know your right, but still”

“You’re getting better” Brax smiled.

“That’s because I have a good teacher” Charlie smiled. “I mean I really lucked out with you. You’re strong, handsome, a great father and you can cook”

“Not to mention witty, charming, a great surfer, great in the sack” Brax grinned.

“Oh really, and who said that?” Charlie asked as she tried to keep a straight face.

“I don’t need you to tell me Charlie” Brax smiled.

“Oh” Charlie smiled seductively. “Well we might just have to test this little theory of yours out one day, hey”

“Mmm I’d love to” Brax grinned just as the waitress brought over their starters.

Charlie ran into the house and over to the moses baskets where her daughters were sound asleep. “Mummy missed you so much” Charlie said softly as she looked down at her girls. “How were they?” Charlie asked as she looked briefly up at Bianca before looking back to the girls, as Brax stood behind her, also looking down at the girls.

“They’ve been great” Bianca smiled. “Mostly just slept. Riley cried a few times but she was easy enough to get back to sleep, and even Paige let out a little cry”

“Oh wow” Charlie said. “You finally coming out of your shell?” Charlie asked as she lightly ran her hand over Paige’s forehead. “How was Jacob?”

“He said he felt sick, but he didn’t have a temperature or anything” Bianca shook her head. “I managed to get him to go to sleep and he’s been sleeping since”

“Well why didn’t you call?” Charlie asked.

“I figured he was only saying it because he wanted you” Bianca said. “I may not be a mother, but I am a teacher and I can generally tell when a kid is faking it”

“Well I’m sure even if he did feel sick you’d have been fine with him” Brax said. “There would be no point in making us come home early from the dinner, just to sit with him”

“Well maybe, but still” Charlie sighed. “He’s already in a mood with me cos he thinks I keep ignoring him in favour of the girls. If I’m not going to be there for him when he feel’s sick he’ll think I don’t want him anymore”

“Charlie” Brax shook his head. “Don’t be silly. He knows how much you love him”

“Does he really?” Charlie questioned. “He’s only 3, Brax. So much has changed around here since the girls were born and it’s true I don’t have as much time to focus on him anymore. I don’t want him to feel like I he doesn’t mean as much as to me anymore” Charlie said as she felt herself tearing up.

“Look, I’m sorry” Bianca said. “I thought everything would be okay. I didn’t want to interrupt your night”

“It’s fine” Brax said. “And thank you for tonight” Brax smiled as he walked Bianca to the door, before they both walked out of the house.

“Have I upset her?” Bianca questioned.

“I think she just really missed the girls” Brax said. “Don’t worry about it”

“Should I have called?” Bianca asked.

“Nah” Brax shook his head. “The kid will be fine. Thanks again for tonight” Brax smiled.

“Anytime” Bianca said before she left to go home. Brax went back into the house to find Charlie was no longer in the living room. He walked down the hall and into Jacob’s bedroom to find Charlie kneeling down in front of Jacob, gently rubbing his forehead. “So, does he have a temperature?” Brax asked quietly as to not wake Jacob.

“No” Charlie shook her head as she stood up and they walked out of the room.

“He’ll be fine” Brax said. “You just worry too much” Brax said as he watched Charlie once again looking down to her girls.

“Welcome to parenthood” Charlie said. “You’ll be just like this with the girls soon enough”

“Nah nah” Brax shook his head.

“You will, you’ll see” Charlie said as she looked up to Brax and smiled.

“Is that so” Brax said and Charlie nodded as Brax leaned closer to her and placed a kiss on her lips.

“Mmm, should get the girls fed” Charlie said as she looked down to her watch.

“Well maybe after we feed the girls, we could get an early night?” Brax questioned as he smiled suggestively at Charlie, as he wrapped his arms around her waist.

“Brax” Charlie started as she turned around and pushed Brax back as she shook her head. “I eh -” Charlie paused as there was a knock at the door and a teary eyed Ruby burst into the house.

“It’s over. I don’t want it to be but it is. It’s really over” Ruby cried as she fell into her Mother’s arms.

Thank you so much Sarah, Samantha1, Chester-Sam, Jen1205, Cally, JosieTash, Red Ranger 1, Spotd1, pembie, Aden_Belle, soph1303, totally, Zoe and mizziette for the comments. :wub: Not so sure about this, hope you like it.

Chapter 30

Brax had taken the babies into the nursery to bottle feed them, as Charlie sat on the couch, with a teary-eyed Ruby. “What’s over, sweetie?” Charlie asked as she wrapped an arm round Ruby in comfort.

“Me and Xav” Ruby cried. “He said it was him or the job”

“Aw sweetheart -”

“Why did he make me choose?” Ruby asked as she looked up at Charlie. “I know things have been different lately, but we still love each other so much. It’s not fair that he asked me to choose”

“Ruby, while I see how you think Xavier was being unfair asking you to choose, I can understand where he is coming from. You’re lives are going in two completely different directions right now and it was always going to be hard to keep your relationship working”

“So you think over time we would have broken up anyways?”

“I’m not saying definitely, no” Charlie shook her head. “But I do think it would only just continue to get harder. You know with you going touring and Xavier still here at uni, it would bound to get tough”

“I just....” Ruby shook her head as a tear rolled down her cheek. “I love him so much. I wanted to spent the rest of my life with him”

“I know you did, sweetie” Charlie said as she softly ran her hand through her daughter’s hair. “But maybe this was for the best. You can both focus on your careers for a while and maybe one day you and him will reconcile”

“I’d love that” Ruby smiled lightly. “But Xavier made it pretty clear that we are over, now that I chose my career over the wedding day” Charlie looked to Ruby, confused. “We are going to be on a tour so I wanted to postpone the wedding. But he said if we didn’t get married as planned then we weren’t getting married at all. That’s how this all started”

“Well I am sorry, Ruby” Charlie said.

“Do you think maybe if he just has some time to calm down, we can talk and sort things?”

“I don’t know” Charlie shook her head. “You could always try”

Ruby smiled lightly as Brax walked back into the room. “Sorry to interrupt but I managed to feed Paige, but Riley is being fussy and won’t take the bottle”

“Okay” Charlie said. “I’ll go feed her. Do you want to come too and we can continue talking?”

“No” Ruby shook her head. “I’m done talking for now. But I will come and see my little sisters” Ruby managed a weak smile as she stood up from the couch. She’d only seen the babies the day and the day after they were born, her job keeping her too busy to return to the Bay to see them again, so she was eager to see them. Charlie smiled at her eldest as they walked down to the nursery and Charlie took Riley in her arms and settled on the rocking chair to feed her. Riley immediately accepted the offer and began feeding. “She is so fricken cute” Ruby smiled as she took down to the cot, where Paige was sound asleep. She gently ran her hand over her soft fine hair. “Can I pick her up or will I wake her?”

“You can pick her up” Charlie said and Ruby’s smile grew bigger as she lifted her baby sister into her arms. “She is so precious” Ruby smiled as she looked lovingly at Paige who remained sound asleep.

“She’s great” Charlie smiled. “So easy. But this little one here aint so easy” Charlie said.

“Yeah but it’s probably because she has colic” Ruby said.

“Yeah, she wants all the attention” Charlie laughed. “Just like her big sister. You had colic too”

“Well she’ll turn out just fine if she’s like me” Ruby grinned. “Although I’m pretty sure you’ll turn out just fine too” Ruby cooed as she looked back down at Paige. “So they are different then?” Ruby questioned as she looked briefly at her Mother, before her eyes settled on Paige again.

“Completely” Charlie nodded. “Paige never cries, she’s always happy, she even cracked her first proper smile a few days ago. Like I said, she’s easy, she’s like a dream baby” Charlie smiled. “But then we have Riley who definitely makes up for it. She cries a lot and she just never seems settled”

“Aww she making life difficult for Mummy and Daddy?” Ruby laughed.

“A bit, actually” Charlie answered. “But then again she is super cute, so she gets away with it”

“She’ll probably get easier once the colic goes away though right?” Ruby said.

“I hope so” Charlie said as she winded Riley, before laying her to sleep in the cot. Ruby placed Paige back down into her cot, before she looked down to Riley.

“Can I pick her up?” Ruby questioned.

“Nah, I wouldn’t” Charlie shook her head. “She’s being fussy so unless you want to hear her scream, I’d leave her for now”

“Aww well” Ruby sighed lightly as she continued to look lovingly at Riley. “I’ll just have to give you cuddles in the morning” Ruby cooed.

“So, you’re staying the night?” Charlie questioned and Ruby nodded.

“Well I mean I could go to April’s if it’s a problem” Ruby said.

“No no” Charlie shook her head. “Of course not. I just thought you’d be busy with stuff for work in the city”

“Well I was supposed to have a TV appearance tomorrow, but I pulled a sickie. I thought I could hang out here for a couple of days. See Jake and the girls, and you of course. Try to get used to the idea of being single again” Ruby said before she looked down sadly. Charlie stepped forward and gave Ruby a much wanted hug.

“Hey, what’s this?” Ruby asked as she pulled back and looked at Charlie’s hand. “Oh my gosh, did you get engaged and not tell me?” Ruby raised her voice in excitement as she looked down at the ring Charlie wore on her wedding finger.

“Oh no” Charlie shook her head. “Did I not tell you about this?”

“Eh no, what does it mean then?” Ruby asked.

“It’s a promise ring” Charlie answered. “He gave me it when the girls were about a week old, are you sure I didn’t tell you? I’ve spoken to you a couple of times since then”

“No” Ruby shook her head once again.

“Oh, well he says he’s not ready for marriage, so he’s given me this to show me he’s committed to me I guess” Charlie smiled lightly.

“So are you two never going to get married then?” Ruby questioned.

“He’s says he’ll be ready one day, just not yet. It’s a big commitment”

“But so is having a baby” Ruby said. “Like it’s a huge commitment, and you got twins”

“I know, but his parents marriage was such a disaster, I think he is just scared that’s how ours will turn out if we were to get married” Charlie said. “But I dunno, he said one day he’ll be ready, so for now I’ll just have to wait”

“Well it’s not as if you’ve got it bad right now” Ruby said. “You’re in love, you’ve just had the twins, maybe you don’t need marriage as well. I mean you guys just look so happy right now”

“Yeah, we are” Charlie smiled. “So, how about we go watch a movie and eat some ice-cream?” Charlie questioned.

“Sounds good” Ruby smiled as she walked out of the nursery with her.

Charlie, Brax and the twins were at the hospital, waiting on the appointment with the doctor. “So, is Ruby going to be staying with us for a few days then?” Brax questioned.

“Yeah” Charlie nodded. “It’s not a problem is it?”

“No of course not” Brax shook his head. “It’ll be nice for you to spend some time with her and for her to properly see the twins and of course Jacob loves it when Ruby is around”

“That’s because she spoils him worse than Bianca does” Charlie laughed.

“Well yes” Brax said. “But still, you don’t get to see her that much anymore, so I’m sure it will be nice”

“Yeah” Charlie smiled. “Just a shame of the circumstances that brought her home”

“I get where he was coming from” Brax said “I mean, it must have been hard for him. She’s obviously really busy now and is getting lots more attention so they wouldn’t really have much time together, but still, forcing her to make her choose?” Brax shook his head. “That kind of makes me stop feeling sorry for him”

“I don’t know” Charlie shook her head. “I still think I feel sorry him, I mean it must have been hard. I hate not seeing her as much now. I mean six weeks, Brax” Charlie said. “Until she came home I hadn’t seen her for 6 weeks. That’s like the longest we have ever gone not seeing each other”

“You know it’ll only get worse” Brax said. “She’ll get bigger and more famous; she’ll be going to America and Europe...” Brax trailed off.

“Well I’ll just worry about that when it comes” Charlie said.

“You are pleased for her, aren’t you?” Brax questioned.

“Of course” Charlie nodded. “I’ve never been more proud of her. It’s just sad that her success means she gets to spend less time with us”

“Well it’s just going to make the time’s she is home, all the more special” Brax smiled and Charlie agreed. “Hey, how about I also take tomorrow off work, look after Jacob and the girls and you and Ruby can go and do something together?”

“Yeah?” Charlie smiled. “That sounds great”

“Take her to the spa or something” Brax smiled. “Cheer her up at bit”

“Yeah, well I can try, but I’m sure it’ll take a lot more than a day at the spa for her to get over Xavier”

“I know, but, I’m sure she’ll love spending the day with you” Brax smiled, just as the doctor came up to lead them into the room for their appointment.

Archived