Forever Yours

Guest Danni02

Thank you Dingo x, once_upon_a_mind, Aden_Belle, JosieTash, soph1303, chickiboomxx, Red Ranger 1, Cally, Spotd1, CharleiAndBrax4Ever, Samantha1, Zoe and RoRo90 for the comments. Hop everyone has a great Christmas! :)

Chapter 11

Charlie and Brax were sitting in the waiting room to be called in for the ultrasound. Charlie was sitting fidgeting with the drawstrings on her sweatpants, as Brax was sitting with his head back against the wall. “What’s taking them so long?” Brax sighed as he leaned forward and looked from left to right, hoping to see someone on their way to call them through.

“Shut up” Charlie spat coldly. “We don’t even need to be here”

“Babe you fell on your stomach. I think that -”

“I told you to shut up” Charlie spat.

“Charlie, what you being like this for?” Brax questioned as put his hand on her back and rubbed it gently. Charlie shrugged herself away from Brax and stood up, moving a few chairs away from him.

“Like you don’t already know” Charlie said as she looked around to him. “The one thing I ask of you to help make me feel normal. You did this to me” Charlie said as she lightly hit her stomach. It’s your fault I feel horrible and uncomfortable and unattractive and you not wanting it, it kind of proves that I am unattractive to you now” Charlie said as she began to cry. “I just want you to make me feel good for that little while”

“Charlie, I’ve told you so many times that you are gorgeous and I mean it. I think you look great right now” Brax said as he moved closer to her again.

“Then why won’t you sleep with me?”

“Like I’ve been saying, it just puts me off knowing that you’ve got our children in there. The little lives that we created. I just think we should just give them the peace to grow and get strong enough to come out and meet us”

“I love how much you care about the babies already” Charlie smiled softly. “But it doesn’t mean that you need to stop thinking about my needs too”

“Buckton” The older lady smiled as she walked down the hall and Charlie stood up and followed her into the room, with Brax walking after her. “So, I heard we had a little fall” The lady said as Charlie sat down on the bed.

“Yeah” Brax answered “Tripped over one of our son’s toys. Will need to have a word with him about keeping things tidy” Brax said as he sat down next to the bed.

“Well I’m sure everything will be fine” The lady smiled lightly as she squeezed some gel onto Charlie’s stomach. “The babies are well protected in there. But it never hurts to make sure. Aww yeah” The lady smiled “Sound asleep and everything looks great”

“I told you they’d just be sleeping” Charlie said angrily as she looked at Brax.

“Well we didn’t know for sure” Brax sighed “And you can do no harm in checking”

“Yeah, no harm” Charlie repeated “There’d be no harm” Brax sighed lightly, knowing full well what Charlie was talking about. “Could you tell him?” Charlie questioned “He isn’t going to hurt the babies if we have sex”

“Oh” The lady said as she looked up at Brax. “No, you won’t. It’s perfectly safe. Bear in mind you mind need to get creative with positions towards the end of the pregnancy so Charlie feels comfortable, but it’s perfectly safe to continue having sex until the babies arrive”

“I know it is” Brax sighed “I just don’t feel comfortable with the idea while my children are growing inside her” Brax answered and the lady looked to Charlie, who looked frustrated.

“Well there are others ways you can get intimate without going to sex, if it will make you feel uncomfortable” The lady said as she looked back to Brax “You could take showers or baths together, give her back massages, foot massages, spend a romantic evening dinning out together, kiss and cuddle....there are still many ways to feel close without going to sex”

“No way you can make him have it with me?” Charlie asked.

“I’m afraid not” The lady laughed lightly “I’ll need to leave that for you two to sort out” Charlie smiled lightly before she thanked the lady, before her and Brax left the hospital.

Ruby took a deep breath as she walked in her work, and was immediately met by Dave. “Ruby” Dave smiled “How was your weekend?”

“Yeah, good” Ruby smiled “I went home and saw my Mum and little brother. Caught up with some friends”

“Sounds nice” Dave smiled “Did you think about this deal?”

“I couldn’t think of anything else” Ruby answered.

“Well, did you come to a decision?”

“I did” Ruby smiled “I eh...I’d love to take this”

“Ruby that’s brilliant” Dave smiled “We won’t start anything up until next year, but there are contracts and stuff that we can get you to sign now and then we’ll give you the songs, so you can start learning them” Dave smiled just as Esmee walked out of the studio doors, tears rolling down her cheeks and Steve walked her out of the building.

“What’s wrong with Esmee?” Ruby asked.

“Oh, Steve just told her she was dropped” Dave said.

“What but she is a great singer, why have you dropped her?” Ruby asked.

“You have taken her place” Dave smiled “You are much better than her, Ruby”

“But I only just told you.....how did you......” Ruby trailed off as she shook her head.

“Oh, I knew you’d say yes” Dave answered “Who’s going to turn down a record deal”

“But Esmee....I don’t want to come in and take over on her career” Ruby said as she suddenly felt bad for the girl.

“She’ll get picked up by someone. She’s good enough” Dave said “She’s just not as good as you, and we’d rather have you”

“But I....no” Ruby shook her head “I don’t want to just swoop in and -”

“Ruby there’s no playing nice in this business” Dave said “You have to do all you can to get yourself to the top. You can’t think about what you do to others”

Ruby sighed lightly as she played with her engagement ring before she lightly nodded her head. “Okay, let’s do this” Ruby smiled as Dave led her down the hall to get her contract written up.

Brax was in the bathroom running a bubble bath for Charlie, as she put Jacob to bed. “Is Santa coming tonight?” Jacob asked as he looked up at Charlie, excitedly.

“No, sweet pea” Charlie shook her head. “Still 6 more sleeps till Santa comes”

“Six” Jacob shouted “Mummy that’s long”

“I know” Charlie nodded “But the quicker you fall asleep now and wake up tomorrow it’ll only be 5”

“Oh” Jacob grinned “Will he brim me my bike?”

“I don’t know” Charlie shook her head “Do you think you have been a good boy?”

“Uh-huh” Jacob nodded as he cuddled his teddy bear close to him.

“Well we’ll just have to wait and see won’t we” Charlie said before she kissed Jacob’s forehead. “Nighty night”

“Nighty night” Jacob yawned before he close his eyes to sleep. Charlie smiled lightly before she left the bedroom and walked into the bathroom, glancing down at Brax. It had been a couple of days since the hospital visit and not much had been spoken between the two.

“So, I thought maybe we could have a bath together” Charlie said shyly as she looked at Brax.

“Oh so we are talking again” Brax laughed lightly.

“If you don’t wanna do that either...” Charlie looked down sadly.

“I would” Brax smiled “Just the footie is starting”

“Oh okay” Charlie smiled sadly as she moved closer to Brax and ran her hand over his chest. “You sure I can’t tempt you at all?” Charlie smiled seductively as she began to unbutton his shirt. Brax grinned as he learned forward and placed a soft kiss on her lips.

“You may can” Brax whispered as he pulled back. Charlie smiled as she pulled the shirt from Brax and softly kissed his tattoo, before making her way up to his lips again.

“I’m sorry” Charlie said “If you don’t want to have sex then I guess I’ll have to deal with it, but we could do all the other things she told us about, right?”

“Yeah” Brax grinned as he lifted Charlie’s top over her head. “We can” Brax smiled as they continued to kiss and undress each other, until they were both naked.

“So, I guess you coming in the bath now” Charlie smirked.

“Looks like I am” Brax smiled before he kiss her once more.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you JosieTash, spotd1, Aden_Belle, Red Ranger 1, RoRo90 and Sarah. :wub: Hope you like this next one.

Chapter 12

Bee-Bee Bee-Bee” Jacob yelled as he ran up to her. “Santa comes tonight” Jacob grinned as he jumped up and down excitedly. “I gets a tramoline” Jacob grinned.

“Eh Santa’s not been yet. We don’t know what he’s going to get you” Charlie said as she looked down at her son.

“But it’s what I asked for” Jacob said before he ran back down the hall and out of sight.

“Oh see I thought you’d been asking for a bike for the last month” Charlie said as she lightly hugged Bianca before they walked over to the couch. “It’s the first time I’ve heard about this trampoline”

“So he has a bike?” Bianca questioned and Charlie nodded as they sat down.

“And a new pirate outfit, and a soccer ball and some clothes and some toys and DVD’s....and that’s just from Brax and I. Brax went way overboard. He kept coming home with things for him. You’d think with twins on the way he wouldn’t be spending as much” Charlie sighed.

“You give me the impression money is getting tight?”

“The restaurant has been struggling the past few months, but with it being Christmas it has been picking up, but January will probably get quiet again”

“You know if you ever need a loan -”

“Oh no no” Charlie shook her head “I couldn’t”

“C’mon, you’re my best friend” Bianca said “You know if things get tough I’ll always be here to help you out”

“Thanks” Charlie smiled “But we’re not that bad just yet. Sometimes I think things would be a whole lot easier if I was still a police Sergeant” Charlie said before she bit her lip. “But of course that would mean no Brax and no Brax would mean no babies” Charlie said as she lightly placed her hands on her stomach. “So I don’t regret giving up my career in that sense but being a receptionist isn’t exactly thrilling and the wage is low, so it’s not like we can count on my wage when the restaurant doesn’t do as well. And you know I’m going to be going on maternity leave soon, and I’d love to be off with the babies for a while, but I just don’t know if we can afford too”

“Seriously, Charlie” Bianca sighed “If you need money -”

“No” Charlie shook her head “Maybe I just need to find a better paid job”

“Well maybe” Bianca smiled “But as I said, the offer is there”

“Thanks” Charlie smiled as Jacob came running through to the room, dressed only in his underwear with his pirate sword in his hand and his eye patch covering his eye.

“Mummy” Jacob smiled “Can you put my banda on” Jacob asked as he threw his bandana up to Charlie. Charlie laughed lightly as she looked down at her son.

“Jakey where are your clothes?” Charlie asked as she tied the bandana on his head.

“It’s too little now” Jacob sighed as he spoke about his pirate outfit.

“Well you need to wear something sweetie” Charlie said.

“No’s really” Jacob shook his head.

“I think you should” Bianca said.

“No” Jacob shook his head. “Is hot today”

“I know” Charlie nodded “How about we go outside and you can go in the paddle pool?”

“Yeah” Jacob screeched excitedly as he clapped his hands together.

“What do you want?” Bianca sighed as she saw Charlie looking up at her and grinning like she was wanting something.

“Could you maybe fill up the paddling pool for me?” Charlie asked.

“Oh since it’s you” Bianca said they stood up and made their way outside, Jacob excitedly skipping as he pulled on Charlie’s hand. “Where is it?”

“It’s in the shed” Charlie said “oh and eh.....it’ll need blown up”

Bianca sighed lightly “But you have a pump for that right?”

“Well we have a pump, but it’s broken” Charlie said tentatively as she moved away from Bianca.

“So you want me to blow it up like, with my mouth?” Bianca said and Charlie nodded lightly. It’s a good job you are pregnant, Buckton, I tell you” Bianca said before she walked outside to organise the paddling pool for Jacob.

“Mummy I need my swimmers” Jacob said as he pulled on her hand.

“Yeah, c’mon, let’s go get them” Charlie smiled as she walked with her son to his bedroom and helped him change into his swimming trunks, before the two of them went outside to find Bianca turning redder and redder as she blew up the paddling pool.

“Look at Bee-Bee” Jacob giggled. “She go red”

“Yeah” Charlie laughed just as Brax came into the back garden.

“Daddy look at Bee-Bee” Jacob giggled once again.

“Want me to take over?” Brax asked and Bianca nodded as she passed the paddling pool to Brax before collapsing in the chair and with a few more big puffs, the pool was inflated.

“Yey go Daddy” Jacob jumped up and down as Brax put the pool down on the grass.

“Aww Jakey, I think it was Bianca who did most of the work” Charlie said as she walked over to the hose and turned the water on before she pulled it over to the pool and let it start filling up with water.

“Thank you Bee-Bee” Jacob smiled as he gave her a hug.

“You’re welcome, Jakey” Bianca said as her breathing returned to normal.

“Why Daddy no work?” Jacob asked.

“I’m just home for a few hours mate” Brax answered “I’m going back in tonight”

“No, you can’t” Jacob shook his head “Santa come tonight”

“I’ll be home mate, don’t worry” Brax laughed before Jacob jumped into the pool and started splashing around as Charlie turned the water off, before she took a seat next to Bianca and put her feet into the water.

“Well since you are here why don’t you make yourself useful and get me an orange juice and Bianca a nice class of red for her efforts” Charlie said and Brax nodded before walking back into the house, doing as he was told, returning moments later with the drinks for the girls.

“Thanks” Bianca smiled before taking a drink of her wine. “Mmm this is nice” Bianca smiled “Sitting back relaxing, feet in the paddling pool and a nice glass of red. Beats work any day”

“Why you no work?” Jacob asked as he stopped splashing about and looked up at Bianca.

“Because the school is closed for the holidays” Bianca smiled.

“Oh.....Mummy why you no work?” Jacob asked.

“I don’t work on Saturdays” Charlie answered “Only Monday to Friday”

“Oh” Jacob said “Daddy work all the days” Jacob said sadly. “He no time to play with Jacob no more”

“Hey, mate, I do” Brax said “I don’t ever work Wednesday”

“That only 1” Jacob sighed.

“Hey, it’s just because the restaurant got super busy now because of the holidays. I promised I’ll be here more after Christmas” Brax said as he bent down in front of Jacob.

“No” Jacob shook his head as he kicked water at Brax.

“Oi” Brax said “Don’t splash Daddy”

“No” Jacob said again before he kicked water at Brax again, getting his clothes wet.

“Jacob Buckton” Brax said “Charlie, control your child” Brax said as he looked to her.

“He’s just having a bit of fun” Charlie said. “Go on Jacob, splash Daddy again” Jacob looked to his Mother before looking back to Brax and giggled, as this time he knelt down and used his hands to push water up towards Brax.

“Right” Brax shouted as he stepped forward and leaned down to grab Jacob, but Jacob quickly moved out of the way, and Bianca brought her hand behind Brax and looked around to Charlie who nodded before pushing Brax forward causing him to fall into the paddling pool. Jacob giggled hysterically as he jumped on top of Brax’s back.

“Get him Jacob” Charlie laughed as she watched Jacob and Brax in the paddling pool. Jacob still pushing water towards Brax as he tried to get up to his feet.

“I was in my work clothes” Brax sighed as he finally managed to get out of the paddling pool.

“Oh, I’m sure you have more than one set” Bianca laughed. Brax sighed lightly unimpressed as he shook his head before walking back into the house.

“Is Daddy mad at me?” Jacob asked sadly as he looked at Charlie as he stuck his bottom lip out.

“No, sweetie” Charlie shook her head as she stood up and walked into the house after Brax, leaving Bianca to watch Jacob. “Hey, Brax” Charlie said as she found him in their bedroom “What’s wrong?”

“I eh.....the adoption” Brax exhaled as he sat down on the edge of the bed. “I got the forms to fill out and eh.....my criminal record” Brax shook his head “I think it might stop me from adopting him” Brax said sadly as he felt his eyes stinging with tears.

“I didn’t even think about that” Charlie shook her head as she sat down on the bed next to him. “But babe, it doesn’t mean that it’s not going to go through. Yeah it’s an issue, but it doesn’t write you off completely and coming home and taking it out on Jacob is hardly going to help you is it?”

“No” Brax shook his head “I just love that kid so much”

“I know you do” Charlie smiled lightly as she wrapped her arm around him. “Now look its Christmas Eve, so why don’t we just forget about this adoption until next year and enjoy the holidays with Jake and Rubes and Xav, yeah?”

“Sure” Brax nodded lightly before Charlie softly placed a kissed on his temple.

Thank you CharlieAndBraxLover, Aden_Belle, CharlieAndBrax4Ever, Soph1303, Dingo x, JosieTash, Spotd1, totally, Red Ranger 1 and Zoe for the comments. :wub: Hope you like this next one.

Chapter 13

“He’s been he’s been” Jacob yelled excitedly as he ran into Charlie and Brax’s room and started jumping on the bed.

“Mmm” Charlie moaned as she batted her hand out and struck Brax.

“Not yet” Brax said as he turned around in the bed.

“Mummy wake up he’s been” Jacob screeched as he pulled on Charlie’s arm. Charlie yawned as she sat up in the bed.

“Jacob it’s 5.22 in the morning” Charlie sighed before she yawned again.

“But Santa has been” Jacob said. “Daddy, get up” Jacob said as he shook his shoulder. Brax sighed as he too sat up in the bed. “Mate, you know you not allowed to get up until 7am”

“No no” Jacob shook his head.

“It’s true” Charlie nodded “Although I was hoping for more like 9am, but yeah, 7 will do”

“Where it say that?” Jacob asked as he titled his head to the side as he scratched it.

“In the Santa Rules Book” Brax answered “If you get up before 7, Santa will come back and take your presents away”

“No” Jacob’s bottom lip started to tremble. “I no’s want Santa to take my pwesents”

“Best get back to bed then eh” Brax said and Jacob nodded before he jumped down from their bed and ran out of the room.

“You are so mean” Charlie said as she hit his chest. “Telling him his presents will get taken away”

“Hey, it got him to go back to bed, didn’t it?” Brax questioned as he moved closer to Charlie and wrapped his arm around her.

“Mmm I guess” Charlie smiled as she nestled her head in his neck as her stomach rested against his chest. Brax smiled as he placed his hand on her stomach as he softly kissed her head. “You know in a few years time we are going to have 3 kids coming in to wake us up crazy early on Christmas morning."

“Can’t wait” Brax laughed.

“Aww it’ll be nice though” Charlie smiled “Little kiddies running around”

“Yeah, you know you might even be a Grandmother soon” Brax laughed.

“Well maybe not now she’s taken this record deal” Charlie said “She’ll probably need to put her plans on hold”

“Aww I was looking forward to teasing you about being a Grandmother in your 30’s as well” Brax teased.

“That’s way too young to be a Grandmother” Charlie yawned.

“Mmm you’re going to be a hot one though” Brax smirked as Charlie looked up at him. Brax smiled before he placed a soft kiss on her lips.

“Is it been 7 yet?” Jacob asked as he came running back into the room. Charlie sighed as she pulled back from the kiss and looked around at the clock reading 5.28 as the time.

“Great” Charlie muttered. “Nope it’s not”

“C’mon, up in here mate” Brax sighed as he and Charlie pulled apart from each other and Jacob settled himself between them.

“I hope it comes soon” Jacob sighed.

“Me too mate” Brax laughed “Me too”

“There one more” Jacob grinned excitedly as he pulled the little box from under the tree. “It for me?” Jacob asked as he looked up to Brax.

“No, mate” Brax shook his head as he took the box in his hand “It’s for Mummy”

“Brax” Charlie said surprised “You’ve got me enough already”

“Fine, I’ll take it back” Brax joked.

“No, no” Charlie shook her head as she looked down at the box and it was then it hit her that the box looked suspiciously like an engagement ring box. Charlie tried to stay calm but inside she was bubbling with excitement at the thought of Brax proposing. Surely she wasn’t going to get it wrong twice. She took the box in her hand and nervously removed the shiny silver paper, to reveal the little red box. She took a deep breath before she slowly opened the box and tried to hide her disappointment as she saw a pair of white gold earrings with pearls set in the middle.

“It’s your birthstone” Brax smiled.

“Yeah” Charlie choked back a tear that wanted to fall. “They’re lovely”

“Let me see” Jacob shouted as he pulled on Charlie’s arm. Charlie lowered her arm so Jacob could see. “Oh....thems are real pritty” Jacob gasped.

“Yeah. I’m going to go put them on” Charlie said before she left the room as a tear rolled down her cheek. She walked into her bedroom and put the box down on the dresser as she held her head in her hands, sighing heavily. Maybe Brax was never going to propose. Maybe she just needs to accept she’ll never get the wedding she wants. She exhaled lightly before she put the earrings in her ear, before another tear rolled down her cheek.

“Hey, Rubes just called, they should be hear any minute” Brax smiled as he walked over to Charlie and rested his arms on her shoulders.

“Good, I’ll be through soon” Charlie forced a smiled as she looked up into the mirror and saw Brax smiling down at her.

“Hey, baby, what’s wrong?” Brax asked as he noticed the tear.

“I eh....” Charlie trailed off “You know it’s just our first Christmas since Morag passed away, and Ruby’s taking this record deal, we’re having twins.....there’s just a lot changing. I’m allowed to be emotional” Charlie improvised, hoping Brax would buy it.

“Yeah. There’s nothing wrong with that” Brax said as he hugged Charlie from behind.

“Mummy Mummy” Jacob grinned as he ran into the bedroom holding a big box in his hands. “I gots another one. From Ruby and Xava”

“Aww wow” Charlie smiled as she stood up and wiped the tear from her face. “You’ve been spoiled today, hmm”

Jacob grinned as he placed the box down on the floor and ripped into as Ruby and Xavier appeared in the doorway. “It a pirate ship” Jacob’s eyes widened in amazement. “Wow”

“Ah awesome” Brax smiled “What do you say to Ruby and Xavier for that?”

“Thank you Ruby and Xava” Jacob smiled as he tore the ship from the box with a little help from Brax. “It sooo cool” Jacob grinned. “Daddy, Xava come play pirates” Jacob shouted as he ran from the room, using all his strength to hold up the pirate ship with both hands as Brax and Xavier followed. Ruby smiled as she walked over to Charlie.

“Merry Christmas” Ruby smiled as she wrapped her arms around her Mother.

“Merry Christmas” Charlie smiled as she returned the hug.

“So what time he get you up?” Ruby asked as she pulled back.

“5.22” Charlie yawned “But we made him wait in bed till 7”

“Bet that was hard” Ruby laughed.

“Yeah” Charlie agreed “But he made it”

“Did he like his bike?” Ruby asked and Charlie nodded.

“He freaked out when he saw it” Charlie smiled “But I think this pirate ship is going to be just as big a hit”

“You can move the pirates around and it’s supposed to fire cannon balls or something like that” Ruby said.

“Oh so there’ll be little balls flying about everywhere” Charlie sighed.

“Sorry” Ruby said “But he likes it, so I’m not too sorry”

Charlie laughed lightly “It’s fine” Charlie smiled weakly before looking down.

“You okay?” Ruby asked.

“Yeah, I’m good” Charlie forced a smile. It was Christmas and she wasn’t going to let the disappointment that Brax didn’t propose ruin the day. “Let’s go see what these boys are up to” Charlie smiled as she wrapped her arm around the Ruby, and the two of them walked out of Charlie’s bedroom to find the boys.

Thanks so much totally, CharlieAndBrax4Ever, CharlieAndBraxLover, JosieTash, Sarah, Cally, Jen1205, Red Ranger 1, Samantha1, Dingo x and Soph1303. Comments make me smile. :wub: CharlieAndBrax4Ever - In NLF, Liam and Bianca split up and Liam left town, and although I mentioned Bianca and Heath had a few dates, Heath is now in prison, so unfortunately, no Heath and Bianca in this story. Sorry.

Chapter 14

“Bee-Bee” Jacob shouted as he ran across the beach to her. “Santa gots me a bike. It’s cool and green and has a bell on it and Daddy is going to show me how to ride it”

“Wow you’re lucky” Bianca said as she hugged the boy. “I wish Santa brought me a bike”

“You could use mines but you too big” Jacob said “I gots trainying wheels cos I’m new on it”

“Oh yeah” Bianca said “But you’ll learn”

“I be the bestest soon” Jacob grinned “Better than them babies” Jacob said as he put his hand on his Mother’s stomach.

“I thought you were excited about the babies?” Bianca questioned.

“No no more” Jacob shook his head before he ran off across the beach to where Ruby and Xavier were talking to April and Dex. Bianca looked up to Charlie and gave her a quizzical look.

“I don’t know” Charlie shook her head “These past few days he’s been a bit off at the idea of getting little siblings”

“Probably realising there are two little creatures coming along to steal away Mummy’s attention”

“Did you just call my babies creatures?” Charlie questioned.

“Creatures can be nice things” Bianca argued “But anyways, as I was saying, he’s probably realising that he’s not going to get as much time with Mummy, and being a Mamma’s boy, I can see why that would upset him”

“Aww no” Charlie shook her head “I’ll always have time for just me and Jacob” Charlie smiled as she watched her son laughing as he was being thrown about the water by Xavier and Dex.

So, are you going to remember to keep time for just you and Brax, cos you know they say after kids the romance in a marriage fades....” Bianca trailed off as she smirked at Charlie.

“Well first off Brax and I aren’t married, remember, and secondly the romance has already faded into nothing”

“Aww c’mon you’re going to get married one day though, right?” Bianca asked and Charlie shrugged her shoulders.

“I don’t know. I really don’t know” Charlie sighed “I’d love to, but he’s not asked yet, so”

“Well you could ask him?” Bianca suggested. “Or at least let him know that you’re wanting to?”

“I shouldn’t have too, Bianca” Charlie sighed “He should know”

“Well it’s either that or waiting on a proposal that may never come” Bianca said “And what’s this about the romance being gone?” Bianca questioned “I find that hard to believe. You and Brax always seemed well, not to be having any problems there”

“Well, he’s still affectionate and yeah he can be romantic, but the sex...” Charlie trailed off as she shook her head. “It’s been 8 weeks”

“Oh wow” Bianca said “What’s ehm -”

“Well the first 3 months of the pregnancy nothing changed, we still did it as normal, but then I felt off and didn’t want it, and now I feel like it again, for the past few weeks it has been Brax not wanting to because he’s scared he’ll harm the babies and he just wants to leave them in peace to grow” Charlie sighed as she shook her head. “Or that’s what he says. I think he just doesn’t find me attractive right now. And I wouldn’t completely blame him, I mean I’m huge, I have stretch marks, my ankles are all swollen, to name a few”

“Don’t be so crazy” Bianca said “I see the way he looks at you. He’s still crazy about you”

Charlie sighed lightly and went to reply but was stopped when Jacob’s little hand pulled on hers. “Mummy, why Daddy no come?”

“Daddy went to work, remember” Charlie said as she looked down at her son.

“But it Cwistmas” Jacob said.

“I know but the restaurant has lots of people wanting to eat there today” Charlie said.

“Why? It Cwistmas” Jacob said again. “They have the big lunch at home like we did”

“Some people are lazy and want other people to cook for them” Bianca told the boy.

“I wish them not” Jacob said sadly. “Then Daddy could be with me”

“Mummy wishes he didn’t have to work either” Charlie said before Jacob ran off back to Ruby, ending the conversation. “But hey, at least the restaurant is busier”

“Yeah, you think it’ll last?” Bianca questioned.

“I don’t know. I hope so” Charlie said. “He’s looking at making changes to the menu, so maybe that’ll help. You know a new menu could attract customers”

“Sounds good” Bianca smiled “And you know, I’m sure once the babies get here and you get them settled into a routine, you and Brax will get things back on track in the bedroom”

“Yeah I’m sure we will” Charlie smiled lightly before they walked down the beach to join Ruby, Xavier, Dex, April and Jacob.

It was 9pm on Boxing Day and Charlie had finally managed to settle Jacob down from his sugary high - from eating too much Christmas candy - and got him to sleep. She yawned as walked back through to the living room to find Ruby and Xavier all snuggled up on the couch, trying to find something to watch on the TV. “Why is Christmas time TV so rubbish” Xavier sighed.

“What?” Charlie questioned “They play loads of Christmas movies”

“Yeah, crappy cheesy Christmas movies” Xavier sighed once again as he reached forward for his beer.

“Aw, someone turning into a scrooge already” Ruby teased as she pinched his cheek.

“No, I love Christmas, I just don’t like the movies”

“Watching all the crappy cheesy movies is what makes it Christmas” Charlie said as she sat down on the couch next to them.

“Oh don’t start ganging up on me here” Xavier sighed, just as Brax walked into the house. “Yes, Brax is home” Xavier said as he looked up to him “Brax, Christmas movies, good or bad?”

“So bad” Brax said and Xavier smiled “That they’re good” The smiled dropped from Xavier’s face as he hung his head.

“Hey, what you doing home?” Charlie asked.

“Well I felt really bad about having to work on Christmas Day and today so I left, to spend the rest of tonight with you. I’ve left Robert in charge and he’s pretty sensible and knows what is going on, so I’m sure he’ll be fine” Brax said as he sat down on the couch and wrapped his arm around Charlie, placing a soft kissed on her forehead.

“Great” Ruby smiled as she grabbed the remote from Xavier. “Just in time to watch a good Christmas movie.....let’s see, we can watch Elf, Miracle on 34TH Street, The Santa Clause....”

“Well it doesn’t have to be a Christmas movie if Xavier doesn’t like them” Charlie said “We could watch The Wedding Planner, Wedding Crashers, Father of the Bride” Charlie said trying to think of all the movies she had which involved the wedding theme, hoping Brax would pick something up.

“They are all pretty old films” Brax said as he looked down at Charlie.

“So....they are good” Charlie smiled “And weddings are good. You know a celebration of love that two people have for each other, two people making that commitment to each other, I think it’s wonderful”

“Okay” Brax said “But still, they are old”

“What about Ghosts of Girlfriends Past or Surfer Dude or Failure to Launch” Ruby questioned.

“Ah man, she is still on this Matthew McConaughey phase” Brax sighed.

“Well, actually those are just the movies I brought from home” Ruby said casually “The fact that they star Matthew McConaughey is purely coincidental”

“I’m sure” Xavier said as he rolled his eyes before they all laughed lightly.

“We still need a movie to watch” Charlie said “We also have The Wedding Singer or 27 Dresses. There you Brax, there is a more recent movie”

“Oh 27 Dresses” Ruby smiled “I love that film” Ruby as Brax and Xavier shared a glance, unimpressed by the choices the girls were making.

“Well I guess Katherine Heigl isn’t bad to look at” Brax smirked as he received a slap on the chest from Charlie. “Aww c’mon babe, I just said she was nice to look at, that’s all”

“Well 27 Dresses it is” Charlie sighed lightly as she stood up from the couch and made the walk to her bedroom to get the DVD. Brax followed after her and closed the bedroom door behind him.

“I know what you’re doing” Brax said and Charlie turned around to face him.

“And what’s that?” Charlie questioned.

“All these wedding themed movies” Brax sighed “You’re worried about Ruby and Xavier and how yesterday you were saying that everything is changing”

“No, Brax I -”

“But you don’t need to be worried about them” Brax said as he pulled her closer to him and rested his hands against her arms. “They love each other very much, and just because she is taking this record deal doesn’t mean that the wedding won’t go ahead. You know that right?”

“Yeah. Brax I wasn’t worried” Charlie said as she shook her head.

“It’s okay” Brax smiled “I know you’re worried about things changing, but one thing you can be sure of is that nothing will ever change between us” Brax smiled “We’re perfect Charlie and we’re about to bring two babies into this world, to make our lives complete” Charlie smiled weakly as she saw Brax grinning down at her. He placed his hand on her stomach and rubbed it gently. “I love you so much Charlie Buckton” Brax whispered before he placed a kiss on her lips. Charlie smiled lightly as the hope of her becoming Charlie Braxton was slipping further away.

Thank you so much Cally, Sarah, Spotd1, Dingo x, JosieTash, Aden_Belle, Chickiboomxx, totally, Zoe, CharlieandBrax4Ever and Red Ranger 1 for commenting. :wub:

Chapter 15

Brax and Bianca were in the guest room, that was now bare of any furniture, the wallpaper having been scraped off the walls and Brax had recently put lining paper up, so the room was ready to be painted. “So where do we start?” Charlie asked as she walked into the room, a paint brush in hand.

“You start nowhere” Brax said as he walked over to Charlie and lightly pushed her from the room. “The paint fumes could harm the babies, and this is my project, so why don’t you and Jakey go off and shop from more clothes or something” Brax said as he handed Charlie his wallet as he took the paintbrush from her.

“Oh shopping” Charlie grinned “I’m not going to say no to that” Charlie smiled as she walked down the hall and into Jacob’s room to find him playing with the pirate ship that Ruby had given him for Christmas, almost a month ago now. “Hey, baby, c’mon, you’re coming out with Mummy”

Jacob looked up to Charlie and frowned “I’m playing pirates”

“You can play when you get home, c’mon. I’ll take you for some cake too”

“I still be a pirate?” Jacob as he was wearing his pirate outfit and Charlie nodded lightly. Jacob smiled as he picked up his plastic sword and ran over to Charlie and took he hand, before the two of them walked out of the house together.

“So” Bianca said “Where do we start?”

“Well I had this plan” Brax smiled as he took the sheet of paper over to Bianca. She looked down at it as her eyes widened.

“You designed this?” Bianca questioned and Brax nodded. “Looks more like one of Jacob’s drawings” Bianca laughed.

“Well that’s why I need your help” Brax sighed “You’re amazing at drawing and I thought you could do the main wall, while I painted the others and built up the cots and such”

“And you want me to copy that drawing” Bianca shook her head. “Can you verbalise what you’ve tried to draw?” Brax laughed lightly as he explained what he wanted to Bianca. “Aww Brax” Bianca gushed “That sounds lovely”

“I thought so” Brax smiled “But if I did it, well it wouldn’t be described as lovely, that’s for sure” Bianca laughed lightly as she poured some paint into the tray, before she picked up the roller.

“Okay, let’s get started” Bianca smiled as she began to roll the blue paint onto the wall and Brax set to work with his roller of off-white paint. “So, babies will be here in 3 months” Bianca said “How you feeling?”

“A little more nervous now” Brax said “But I am excited to meet them”

“Are you bothered about what you get?” Bianca asked.

“I’d love one of each” Brax smiled “But I wouldn’t go crying if we got two of the same” Brax laughed lightly “I’m just happy we are having the babies. When Charlie and I first got back together she told me that she was done having kids, so honestly, I didn’t ever think I’d be standing here painting a nursery”

“I think she has two girls” Bianca smiled “She’s carrying differently from Jacob, and you know people say you carry different, depending on what you are having”

“I’ve heard that” Brax said “But she is having twins eh, so maybe that’s why it looks like she is carrying differently”

“Yeah I guess” Bianca smiled lightly “Aww, I can’t wait till they get here either” Bianca said “I’m going to spoil them rotten”

“You know it’s nice that the kids will have you as a surrogate auntie” Brax smiled “With my family either disowning me or in jail, and Charlie’s family sadly all passed away, I’m glad that they can have someone outside of us to go to if they ever needed it”

“Well Charlie is my best friend” Bianca smiled “I mean more than that. I think of her like my sister, so I’m always going to be here for her and her kiddies no matter what. Well as long as she stops at 4. Cos no matter how much I love her and her kiddies, it kinda rubs it in my face that I am still childless and single”

“I’m sure you’ll find someone soon” Brax smiled “You’re pretty...well you are gorgeous, Bianca, I’m sure the right man will be there for you somewhere”

“Better not let Charlie here you calling me gorgeous” Bianca laughed.

“I don’t go for blondes” Brax shook his head “So she doesn’t have anything to worry about”

“Wasn’t Tegan blonde?” Bianca questioned.

“Yeah, that came for a bottle” Brax laughed “I’ve always gone for brunettes or Charlie might have had some competition on her hands”

Bianca laughed lightly “Well I might just have to reach for that hair dye myself”

“Nah” Brax shook his head “You look great as you are, don’t go changing yourself. I don’t get why women do that. Constantly change their hair colour and apply loads of make-up. I think Charlie looks gorgeous first thing in the morning when she has her bed head hair, and isn’t wearing any make-up at all”

“Aww well aren’t you sweet” Bianca smiled “But unfortunately, us women just like a bit of a change every now and then. It’s kinda programmed into us just like surfing and getting these tattoos to make you look badass seems to be with you. Although the whole badass tattoo thing isn’t really working cos once you get to know you, we’ll you’re just a big softy with paint on your forehead” Bianca laughed as Brax rubbed his forehead, only making things worse. “And don’t even get me started on a woman and her wedding day” Bianca exhaled “The one day where she gets to look like and get treated like a Princess. Someone to do your hair and you’re make-up. You can even have people help you put your dress on” Bianca voice got higher as she spoke. “Aww imagine how gorgeous Charlie would look in a wedding dress. And little Jakey as a pageboy. And of course her stunning bridesmaid” Bianca grinned as she pointed to herself before laughing. “Have you ever thought about your wedding day?”

“Nah” Brax shook his head “Marriage isn’t for me”

“Really?” Bianca questioned and Brax nodded.

“Yeah, I mean every marriage I have known has ended in divorce”

“Doesn’t mean the same thing would happen with you and Charlie” Bianca argued. “You guys are crazy for each other”

“Yeah and I think marriage would ruin that” Brax sighed. “We’re making a huge commitment to each other by having these babies. I think that’s bigger than any marriage ever will be”

“So, you never want to get married?” Bianca questioned and Brax shook his head. “You know, Charlie does” Bianca sighed.

“I thought she might have been dropping hints this past month, but I dunno” Brax shook his head.

“Well she agreed to have a baby to keep you happy maybe you could just have this wedding to because it’s what she wants”

“I dunno” Brax shook his head “Now c’mon back to painting, we’ve got a lot to do”

Charlie and Jacob walked out of the Diner after they had a drink and shared a nice big piece of Leah’s chocolate cake. They’d bought a few more items of clothing for the babies, but Charlie didn’t go overboard. They already had a lot of things for the babies, so they didn’t really need anything else anyways, and with them not knowing what they had, she knew Brax would be eager to go on a big shop once the twins arrived, so he could by many pink or blue items, dresses or dungarees, whatever was necessary for the gender of the babies. “Jacob, slow down” Charlie said. At six months pregnant, Charlie’s pace was slowing as her stomach continued to grow.

“You be slow” Jacob sighed as he waited for Charlie to catch up with him, before she took his hand into hers and they walked home. “When’s the babies come?”

“Another few months yet” Charlie answered.

“Is they boys?” Jacob asked and Charlie shook her head.

“We don’t know what they are sweetie” Charlie answered.

“Why?”

“Because Mummy and Daddy wanted it to be a surprise” Charlie said.

“Oh” Jacob answered “How you get the babies out?” Jacob asked as he looked up to Charlie with his eye’s widening questioningly.

“Eh....Mummy goes to the hospital and the Doctor will help her get the babies out”

“Oh” Jacob nodded in acceptance at Charlie’s answer. “It’s no hurt Mummy?”

“Well a bit” Charlie nodded “But I’ll be okay”

“Good” Jacob smiled “I like the babies now. I be a good big brother ay” Jacob said.

“Yeah, the best” Charlie smiled as they walked up the driveway of the house, taking the mail from the mailbox on the way by. Charlie looked down at the big brown envelope that was addressed to Brax. She exhaled lightly as she knew exactly what it was. She walked into the house and Jacob ran down the hall and into his bedroom and Charlie walked into the living room, to find Bianca and Brax sitting having a cuppa and some biscuits. “So you’re finished the babies’ room then?” Charlie questioned as she placed the shopping bags down on the floor and Brax nodded.

“Yeah, you know you’ve been gone for like 6 hours” Brax answered as he looked up to Charlie.

“Well you told me to go out” Charlie answered “I thought I’d leave you to it”

“Well c’mon” Bianca smiled as she put her coffee cup down on the table. “Come and see my work”

“Don’t you mean our work?” Brax said as he followed them down the hall.

“I guess” Bianca laughed “Right close your eyes missus” Bianca said and Charlie closed her eyes, as Brax also placed his hands over them, before he guided her into the room.

“Okay” Brax said as he moved his hands “Open your eyes”

Charlie opened her eyes as she looked around the room. Her mouth opened in astonishment. “Wow, Bianca....Brax....its lovely” Charlie smiled as she looked to the main feature wall, which Bianca had painted. It was a scene from under the sea, with bright orange starfish, purple octopus, little seahorses, a whale, little red crabs and lobsters, and little multi-coloured fish swimming about under the water. “Bianca, really, that’s...amazing” Charlie smiled as she turned her head to see the rest of the walls, painted an off-white colour, with 3 little seahorse pictures in the middle of each wall. The two white cots sitting on the wall opposite the feature wall, with a rocking chair set in the middle of them. As Charlie walked over to the cots she noticed the mobiles hanging above them with a seahorse, octopus, crab, starfish and a little blue and yellow striped fish. A larger octopus cuddly toy sitting in each of the cots. “Brax.....” Charlie said as she sounded like she was going to cry. “It’s lovely” Brax smiled as he walked forward and took hold of her hand, leading her over to the changing table.

“You can just flip this over and it turns into a little baby bath” Brax smiled at her lifted it over to show her.

“This is great” Charlie smiled as she gave Brax a hug. “Thank you so much”

“Don’t worry about it” Bianca said as he walked over to her friend. Charlie pulled out of the hug and pulled Bianca into one.

“What you look at?” Jacob shouted as he ran into the room, still dressed as a pirate. “Wow” Jacob said as he ran around the room, looking in at everything. “You do it?” Jacob asked as he looked to Bianca and Brax.

“Yeah mate. Whatya think?” Brax asked.

“It weally good” Jacob nodded before he ran over to Bianca and stuck the sword in her leg. “Aarrgghh Pirate Jakey got you”

“Oh no” Bianca cried as she ran out of the room with Jacob giggling as he chased after her. It was then when Brax noticed the big brown envelope in Charlie’s hand.

“What’s this” Brax asked as he looked down.

“Oh, it’s eh....” Charlie trailed off as she took a deep breath. “The adoption response” Charlie answered as she passed the envelope to Brax. Brax took a deep breath as he went to open the envelope.

Thank you all so much for the comments. :wub: They mean a lot and really keep me going. I hope you like this next one.

Chapter 16

As Brax could hear Jacob and Bianca laughing and playing through the house he shakily opened the envelope and pulled out the sheet of paper. Taking a deep breath he turned it over and looked down to it. Charlie stood in the room staring at Brax, not saying anything, but trying to read his face, trying to see if she could tell what the piece of paper said. Brax shook his head lightly as he felt his eyes stinging with tears. “Aww Brax” Charlie said as she stepped forward and placed a comforting hand on his back. “It’s okay” Charlie said “You’re still his Father. You don’t need a piece of paper to say that you’re his Dad”

“I just...” Brax shook his head once more as he crumpled the piece of paper up and threw it across the room in anger. “I wanted this so badly” Brax sniffed back as a tear rolled down his cheek.

“I know you did” Charlie said as she too felt herself tearing up “But you’re still his Father in here” Charlie said as she placed her hand on his heart. “And you ask Jacob who you are and he’ll say Daddy”

“But it’s not official” Brax cried as he put his head down against Charlie’s shoulder.

“Brax a piece of paper means nothing to Jacob” Charlie said “Brax, you’re the one he plays soccer with, you take him to the beach, put him to bed, help him through his nightmares, you're the one he calls Daddy and rushes to see when you arrive home. You’re the one who he likes to capture when he’s playing pirate and you know he tells you his little secrets and draws you pictures, you’re teaching him how to ride his bike and you’re going to teach him how to surf when he gets older. He loves you Brax and all those things, that’s what makes you his Dad, not some stupid piece of paper”

“Yeah” Brax cleared his throat as he lifted his head up and wiped the tears from his face. “I’m just going to go for a surf”

“Brax” Charlie shook her head.

“I won’t be long” Brax said before he stormed out of the house. Charlie sighed lightly as she wiped the tears from her face and walked through to the living room to find Bianca had Jacob in her arms, holding him tightly.

“Mummy Mummy” Jacob wriggled in Bianca’s arms. “She’s got me. Help”

“Ah I don’t know” Charlie shook her head “I think I’ll leave you there”

“No” Jacob said “I’m good. She the bad one” Jacob said seriously. Bianca laughed lightly as she put Jacob down and he ran over to Charlie and grabbed onto her leg.

“Everything okay?” Bianca questioned and Charlie shook her head lightly before she sat down on the couch and Jacob ran over to the toy box and picked up his pad of drawing paper and crayons before running over to the table.

“Brax got his answer from the agency today” Charlie exhaled lightly as she rested her hand on her stomach.

“Oh” Bianca said “I guess it wasn’t a yes” Charlie shook her head lightly.

“I tried telling him that a piece of paper doesn’t matter. You know, it doesn’t make a difference to him being Jake’s father. I think he’s just upset at the initial shock of the rejection. I’m sure he’ll realise it’s not that important soon”

“Yeah” Bianca smiled lightly “Jacob adores him and I’m sure he’ll soon realise what the agency thinks doesn’t matter. All that’s important is how Jacob sees him”

“Yeah” Charlie agreed “I think he will realise that. Maybe him going for a surf and clearing his head will be a good thing. So, how did painting go with him?” Charlie questioned.

“Ah we’ll just get straight to the point” Bianca said, knowing what Charlie was referring too. “I asked him about marriage and he ehm....” Charlie trailed off “I’m sorry” Bianca sighed lightly. “He said he doesn’t ever want to get married”

“Ever?” Charlie questioned and Bianca shook her head.

“He said that every marriage he’s know has ended in divorce and he doesn’t want that to happen to you and him”

“Who says that would happen?” Charlie sighed “I plan to spend the rest of my life with Brax”

“I know” Bianca said “But, I’m sorry, I just don’t think you’ll change his mind on his”

Charlie exhaled lightly as she once again felt herself tearing up. “Maybe I don’t need marriage” Charlie said as she shook her head “I mean we’re basically married already, you know without the piece of paper. It’s like I’ve been saying to Brax just now. A piece of paper doesn’t matter. He’s still Jacob’s father. So, Brax and I, we love each other, we’re committed to each other, what’s getting married going to change?”

“Well I guess” Bianca said.

“Except I do want it” Charlie sighed “I want to celebrate our love and commitment for one another”

“Maybe you’ll change his mind” Bianca said “You know ban sex till he proposes” Bianca laughed. Charlie looked to Bianca and raised her eyes brows. “Oh sorry” Bianca said “I could kidnap him and force him down the aisle”

“Bianca can you please be serious” Charlie said “You know, I agreed to have a baby so I wouldn’t lose him. And I’m not saying I regret the decision because I don’t, I really am excited about the babies and I’m glad I made the decision to have a child with him, but maybe he can see that this is something I really want so he could give that to me”

“I tried that one” Bianca said “He still said he didn’t know” Charlie sighed lightly as the door opened and Brax came back into the house.

“I got down to the beach and realised I didn’t take my board” Brax laughed lightly. “Think I’ll need that to surf eh”

Charlie looked up to Brax as she pursed her lips together. “I’ll leave you guys to it” Bianca said as she lightly rubbed Charlie’s arm and stood up from the couch. “Bye Jakey” Charlie said as she bent down and softy kissed his head.

“Bye Bee-Bee” Jacob said as he continued to look down at his drawing as Bianca left the house. Brax sighed lightly as he walked over to the couch and took a seat next to Charlie. He looked down at Jacob who was concentrating hard at drawing his picture, the tip of his tongue sticking out his mouth as he coloured away.

“You know, you’re right” Brax said “That piece of paper, it doesn’t matter. I’m his Dad in here” Brax put his hand on his heart as he smiled lightly. “I don’t need a piece of paper to tell me that” Charlie smiled lightly as she moved closer to Brax.

“No, you don’t” Charlie smiled softly before she took a deep breath. “And eh....Brax, while we’re talking, I eh....what do you think about marriage?”

“Eh” Brax said nervously as he played with the ring he wore on his index finger. “Honestly Charlie....my Mum and Dad’s marriage was horrible. He got violent, he got drunk, he cheated numerous times, he left her after getting her best friend pregnant not sending a penny to help support us kids.....I don’t want that for us Charlie”

“Okay, but just because that happened to your parent’s marriage it doesn’t mean it would happen if we decided to get married” Charlie said.

“Charlie, I’m sorry, it just left me with no faith in marriage”

“Okay, so what about my parents?” Charlie argued “They loved each other up until the day my Mother died. They were committed to each other for almost 40 years”

“Not all marriages are like that, Charlie” Brax said.

“Yeah and not all marriages are like your parents one” Charlie raised her voice “Brax, we’re in love, we’re committed to each other, why not celebrate that by getting married”

“Because I’m scared, okay” Brax raised his voice. “The thought of marriage terrifies me because I am my Dad” Brax sighed “Growing up it was all my Mother told me. How much I reminded her of him. How much I looked like him and that I was starting to act like him. And I don’t want to hurt you. I love you so much and I don’t want to turn into a violent drunk who cheats on you”

“Oh Brax” Charlie shook her head lightly “You’re not your Dad. You loving and kind and your great with Jacob and you’re going to be fab with these two. I trust that you’re never going to hurt me or cheat on me” Charlie shook her head “You’ve managed to get my full trust Brax and there’s not many people who have that” Charlie shook her head once again as she placed her hand on Brax’s arm. “And, I trust that you’d never get my best friend pregnant as I know you don’t go for blondes”

Brax smiled lightly, both at Charlie’s kind words and little joke. “You’re amazing, you know that” Brax smiled as he placed his hand on Charlie’s cheek.

“So I’ve been told” Charlie laughed.

“But right now....” Brax trailed off as he shook his head. “These babies are kinda freaking me out a little bit” Brax said honestly. “They’re coming soon Charlie and they’re a big commitment. They are going to change this family, and yeah, it’s going to be for the better, but still, it’s kinda scary”

“I know” Charlie answered “But we’re going to get through this” Charlie smiled “In our own way we’ll raise these kids. And it won’t be the same way my parents raised me, or the way you were raised, but in the way we think is right. But most importantly, we’ll do it together”

Brax smiled as he pulled Charlie’s face closer to his and placed a soft kiss on her lips. “What if I said maybe one day, I’d be ready for marriage?”

“I’d say I think you’d be worth the wait” Charlie smiled before they kissed once more. Sure Charlie would love to get married, but right now, the idea of a maybe proposal was better than the idea no proposal at all.

Thanks everyone for the comments. :wub: I'm sorry for the delay in posting this chapter. I was all set to come home from work on Wednesday night to post it for you, but then I got a call from my parents saying that my Papa had passed away, so I wasnt really in the mood for BttB. But, it's here now and I hope it's okay. :unsure:

Chapter 17

The next 2 months had passed in a whirlwind for Ruby with working on the album, to the release of her first single, ‘One Day’. From magazine shoots, interviews and appearances, Ruby hardly had the time for anything else. She was exhausted and knew this would take a lot of getting use too. The fact she’d practically became an over-night sensation was also hard on Xavier, already feeling the dynamics were changing completely in their relationship. “So, I don’t have uni today” Xavier smiled “I thought maybe we could spend the day together?”

“I can’t” Ruby shook her head “I have a radio interview I need to get too, then I have an appearance on some TV show, then I need to go into the studio to finish recording the album”

“Oh” Xavier said sadly. “We’ll maybe we could meet for lunch or something?”

“Xav, I just told you, I can’t” Ruby sighed as she threw her phone and purse into her bag. “I’ll see you tonight” Ruby said before she walked out of the apartment. Xavier sighed lightly as he punched the air in frustration.

“Well looks like it’s just me. Again” Xavier sighed as he walked through to the bathroom and got himself washed for his day before deciding he was going to go down to Summer Bay, to visit his Mother and John. He quickly got changed, and grabbed his car keys, before heading down to his car, making the drive down to Summer Bay. As he pulled the car up into the drive-way on his house, he noticed Gina and John’s car wasn’t there and it looked like no-one was home. “Damn” Xavier muttered “They’ll of course be working, idiot” Sighing lightly he walked across to Charlie and Brax’s house, hoping he would find them in, so this day wasn’t a wasted trip down. He knocked on the door, and after a while, a very heavily pregnant Charlie opened the door and looked almost glad to see him.

“I can’t get a hold of Brax or Bianca or Leah” Charlie’s breathing was heavy as she clutched onto her lower stomach. “I think, I’m....the babies....are coming....” Charlie said as she stepped forward and grabbed Xavier’s hand, Xavier immediately wincing at the grip that Charlie had on him.

“Oh God” Xavier said “Okay, c’mon we’ll get you to the hospital okay?” Xavier said, tying his best to stay calm, but inside he was terrified at the thought of being left with a pregnant lady.

“No no” Charlie shook her head “We had a plan” Charlie breathed through a contraction. “Brax has to be here. He needs to take me”

“I’ll call Brax” Xavier said “But we need to get you to the hospital. He’ll get there and be with you” Charlie nodded lightly as Xavier led her to his car, and sat her in the front seat. “Charlie is Jacob in the house?” Charlie shook her head “pre-school” Charlie managed to say “He’s started pre-school”

“Okay” Xavier nodded “And do you have a hospital bag ready?”

“In the bedroom” Charlie answered as she continued to squeeze Xavier’s hand.

“Okay, I’ll be right back” Xavier said as he ran into the house and grabbed Charlie’s bag, before he drove Charlie to the hospital as quickly, but as safely as he could.

Ruby walked along the corridor of the radio station and was ushered into one of the rooms. The host and hostess sitting laughing with each other as they spoke, while a song was being played for the listeners. “This is Ruby” Dave said as she took a seat opposite them.

“Hi, Ruby. I’m Kyle” Kyle smiled at her.

“Jackie” The blonde lady said.

“Hey” Ruby smiled, still feeling nervous. Although she’d done a couple of radio interviews already, she was still getting used to everything. As the song finished and Kyle started to talk to the listeners again, Ruby felt her heart beating faster and faster as her hands began to sweat.

“So there’s a new artist out there Ruby, and her first single One Day has stormed into the charts landing straight in at number one” Kyle said. “And we have her in the studio, here to talk to us for bit”

“So, Ruby” Jackie smiled as she looked up to her “First single is out and it’s at number one. How are you feeling?”

“Wow, eh....I’m still a little shell shocked” Ruby laughed nervously. “It just all happened so fast you know, getting the recording contract and then the first single is out and it’s number one. It’s amazing”

“So, what’s it like for you, cos you are new to this, are you getting recognised when you go out and about, cos you’re based her in Sydney and the moment right?” Kyle asked.

“Yeah, yeah” Ruby nodded “It’s weird. Like people are starting to recognise me already and coming up and asking for photos and my autograph and stuff and it all feel’s a bit surreal to me right now”

“I bet” Jackie answered “But do you like it, the extra attention?”

“I think it’ll take some getting used to” Ruby answered “I’m not going to lie, I did like being the centre of attention as I was growing up” Ruby laughed “But this is just like attention on a different scale....so...yeah....its eh....I think I could get used to it though” Ruby laughed once again. “Although my fiancé” Ruby shook her head “I think he hates it already”

“Literally thousands of guys out there have just had their hearts broken, hearing you utter the words ‘my fiancé’” Kyle said.

“Aww” Ruby blushed “Yeah, I’m sorry guys I am well and truly spoken for”

“You look quiet young to be engaged, how old are you?” Jackie asked.

“I’m 20” Ruby said as she lightly nodded her head “So, yeah, but we’ve been together since we were young”

“Aww the whole high school sweethearts?” Kyle said.

“Something like that” Ruby laughed as she felt herself becoming more comfortable.

“So, you spoke about your fiancé, but I read in a magazine article that you’re said you were extremely close with your Mum?” Jackie questioned.

“Yeah, yeah” Ruby nodded “She amazing and a real inspiration to me. She’s the one person in my life who I know would be there for me no matter what” Ruby smiled.

“So you don’t think you have that with you fiance?” Kyle asked.

“Well yeah, he’s awesome too” Ruby smiled “But there’s nothing like the bond between me and my Mother. So if you’re listening Mum hey, and I love you”

Jackie and Kyle laughed lightly. “So, what’s on for the rest of this month for you?”

“Just busy promoting my song and the album is coming out in a few months so starting to promote that and interviews, appearances, I’m pretty packed really. My schedule is full. But I hope to get to my home town because my Mum is due with twins in 6 weeks, so I’m really excited about that”

“Oh wow” Jackie smiled.

“Bit of an age gap is there not?” Kyle questioned.

“Yeah, my Mum was pretty young when she had me, so she’s at the age now where she can just be having kids, and her boyfriend is great so I’m excited for them and I’ll also get to see my little brother who I love and miss like crazy”

“Sounds like you are very family orientated” Jackie smiled.

“Yeah yeah, definitely” Ruby smiled “So, I really hope to get home soon”

“Well I hope so” Jackie smiled. “So, we’ll play your song now, if you’d like to introduce it”

“Hey, this Ruby and here’s my first single ‘One Day’” Ruby smiled as the song started to play and Kyle and Jackie started talking amongst themselves and Dave came back into the room.

“Okay, Ruby” Dave said “We need to get going” Ruby said bye to Kyle and Jackie before she was whisked away to her next location.

“Where is he?” Charlie asked as her contractions got stronger and came a lot more regularly.

“He ehm...” Xavier trailed off, almost scared to tell her. After a good few hours of trying to get a hold of Brax, he’d finally got an answer. “He’s in Sydney. He went to pick up some new menus for the restaurant”

“Sydney” Charlie shouted “No, I need him here”

“He’s on his way” Xavier said. “He going to get here as quick as he can”

“Oh God Jacob” Charlie said “What time is it?”

“Just gone 2” Xavier answered.

“I was supposed to pick him up from pre-school at 12” Charlie said “Oh God, Xavier. Someone needs to pick him up”

“Okay, I’ll go” Xavier said.

“No” Charlie yelled “You can’t leave me my own” Charlie grabbed hold of Xavier’s shirt by the collar tightly as she felt another contraction.

“Okay” Xavier said as tried to release himself from Charlie’s grasp. “I’ll call someone”

“But the pre-school only knows me, Brax or Bianca to pick Jacob up. It’ll need to be Bianca”

“Okay, I’ll keep trying to call her” Xavier said as he lifted Charlie’s phone from his pocket. And tried to call Bianca for what felt like the 100th time that day.

Bianca walked out of the school, glad to be finished teaching for the day. On a Tuesday, she always finished early as her last two classes were left free. She lifted her phone from her handbag, and, with her phone having been on silent while she was teaching, it was then that she noticed she had 33 missed calls from Charlie. Her eyes widened as crazy thoughts when running through her head. Why would Charlie have tried to call her so much? And then it hit her she was probably in labour. She picked up her pace as she ran to her car, as fast as her high heels would allow her, just as her phone started flashing once again. “Charlie” Bianca yelled frantically as she answered the phone.

“Bianca, it’s Xavier” Xavier said “Charlie is in labour and Brax is in the city trying to get back and she is freaking out and she needs you to go pick up Jacob from pre-school”

“Okay” Bianca nodded “I’ll get Jacob and then I’ll be right there” Bianca said as she hung up her phone and sped off in the direction of Jacob’s pre-school. She jumped out of the car and ran up to the building and broke through the door. “Jacob” Bianca said with a raised voice. “I’m here for Jacob”

Jacob looked up from where he was sitting, his little tear stained face, and his eyes all red and sore from crying so hard. “He thought he’d been left here forever” The teacher said as she walked over with Bianca to Jacob.

“No” Bianca shook her head “His Mum has gone into labour and his Dad is trying to get back from the city to be with her. I’ve just finished work and got the got the call to collect him”

“I must admit even I was getting a bit worried” The teacher said “It’s not like a parent to be over two hours late picking up their child, but if she is in labour, well I guess, it makes sense that she couldn’t get here” Bianca smiled lightly as she bent down in front of the little boy.

“Hey, Jakey, you’re going to come with me okay?”

“Where’s my Mummy” Jacob cried.

“She’s at the hospital” Bianca told him “She’s going to have the babies today”

“Oh” Jacob said “Is they boys?”

“I don’t know sweetie” Bianca smiled lightly as she ruffled his hair. “How about we go to the hospital and see?” Jacob nodded lightly as he held his arms out and Bianca lifted him up and left the pre-school, and made her way to the hospital.

Thank you Dingo x, Sarah, soph1303, JosieTash, mizziette, totally, cb2180, Cally, Samantha1, Zoe, Spotd1, Jen1205 and Sabrina for the comments and kind words. I hope this next one is okay....

Chapter 18

Bianca’s arrival at the hospital seemed to have an immediate calming effect on Charlie. After a few hugs and kisses and assuring Jacob he would never be left at pre-school late again, he had been happy enough to go to the canteen with Xavier to get some ice-cream. Bianca was patting Charlie’s forehead with a cold towel and rubbing her back in comfort. “Oh God” Charlie said “Bianca you are lucky you’ve never had to do this. It hurts so much”

Bianca smiled lightly “You’re doing great, Charlie” Bianca said as she continued to rub her friends back.

“I need Brax” Charlie cried “Where the hell is he?”

“He’s on his way. He’ll get here, don’t worry” Bianca said, hoping that it wouldn’t be long before Brax was indeed there.

“Oh God” Charlie shouted “I want that epidural now”

“I’m afraid not, Charlie” The doctor shook her head. “You’re ten centimetres dilated. It’s time to push”

“No” Charlie shook her head “I need this pain to stop or go down. I need an epidural”

“Charlie, you have to start pushing” The doctor said once again.

“No” Charlie said as she closed her legs together as she tried to fight the overwhelming urge to push. “I need Brax. Not without Brax” The doctor looked up to Bianca, as if wanting her to convince Charlie to push.

“Charlie, I think you are going to have to push” Bianca said “The babies want to come now”

“No, no” Charlie shook her head “Because he needs to be here”

“And he will” Bianca said convincingly. “He’s not going to miss this, but you need to start. It’s not going to be good for the babies if you leave them in there is it? They want to come out and meet you”

“You’re going to stay with me, right?” Charlie questioned as she looked up at Bianca.

“Of course” Bianca smiled “I’m not going anywhere” Bianca said as she took Charlie’s hand in hers and held onto it tightly. Charlie nodded lightly as she looked back around to the doctor.

“You ready?” She asked and Charlie nodded nervously. “Okay, push” The doctor said, and Charlie took a deep breath as she pushed down with all her might, feeling like her head was going to explode as she let out a scream and flung her head back. “Good” The doctor smiled “Keep it up. Keep pushing” The doctor smiled at Charlie’s progress as she continued to push, and push and push.

“I can’t do this anymore” Charlie shook her head.

“C’mon you’re doing great Charlie” Bianca smiled as she encouraged her friend on as Charlie continued to push and push.

“We’re crowning” The doctor smiled “You’re almost done”

Charlie gave a few more big pushes before the sounds of crying could be heard in the room. “Oh my” Bianca gushed as she saw the baby being pulled from Charlie and lifted up onto her chest. Charlie shakily moved her hands up and rested them around her baby, the tears rolling down her cheeks. “It’s a girl” Bianca smiled “You got a little girl, Charlie” Bianca smiled as Brax burst into the room.

“I’m here” Brax said “Oh God I’m too late” Brax said as Bianca moved to side to allow Brax in to see Charlie and his baby. “Oh God, she’s beautiful” Brax gushed as he gently put his hand over his daughter’s little head.

“Just in time to cut the cord” The doctor smiled as she removed the baby from Charlie’s chest and Brax nervously cut the cord.

“God, I’m a Daddy” Brax smiled as a tear rolled down his cheek. A nurse took the baby away and wrapped her up neatly in a blanket and placed a little pink hat on her head before giving her to Brax. He held his daughter in his arms as he looked down at her lovingly.

“Congratulations, she’s perfect” The nurse smiled up at Brax.

“Mummy, ready to go again?” The doctor asked.

“I don’t think I have any energy” Charlie said as she rested her head back against the pillow, feeling herself getting light headed.

“C’mon, you did great and this baby will be easier to birth” The doctor said “Baby A paved the way”

“Brax get over here” Charlie yelled furiously at him. Brax handed the baby to Bianca before he walked over to Charlie’s bedside and went to take her hand but she slapped him across the face.

“What the” Brax said as he rubbed his now red cheek.

“Where the hell have you been” Charlie spat.

“I was in the city getting the new menus. I tried to get back as quickly as I could but then there was a crash and the traffic stopped. We couldn’t move. I tried telling them my girlfriend was in labour but it didn’t seem to make a difference. So I ran” Brax explained “I got out the car and I ran, Charlie, I ran for almost 40 minutes just to get here”

“Oh God” Charlie said as she took a deep breath “I need to push again”

“Okay” The doctor smiled “If you need too, let’s go” Brax took hold of Charlie’s hand as she started to push. And as the doctor had said, Charlie had given birth in almost half the time of the first baby. Before Brax knew it, the cries of his second child could be heard in the room. Charlie smiled lightly as she leaned back in the bed, panting and out of breath. Brax let go of Charlie’s hand and went to cut the cord once again. Smiling as he looked down at his beautiful baby.

“What is this one?” Charlie asked but before anyone could answer her, her eyes rolled back and everything went black.

Ruby walked out the bar and into the street, as she rang Xavier, and sighed lightly as it went through to voicemail. “Xav, hey, I just wanted to say I’ll be home late. Gone out for some drinks with the guys who play in the band and what the hell are you doing calling me like 50 times? You know I was busy all day” Ruby said angrily before she hung up the phone and walked back into the pub. Where she sat down next to Matt, the guy who plays guitar.

“You okay?” Matt asked as he smiled down at Ruby.

“Just my fiancé being an idiot” Ruby sighed. “He’s rang me like 50 times today, no joke. I don’t know what the hell he is thinking”

“50 times?” Matt questioned “Don’t you think that’s an awful lot. What if something’s happened?”

“Like what?” Ruby laughed “He’s probably just bored in the apartment alone” Ruby said as her phone rang and once again Xavier’s name flashed across the screen. Ruby sighed lightly before she got up and walked out of the pub. “Xavier” Ruby sighed “What the.....Mum’s what? Oh my God, is she okay? Oh my Gosh” Ruby said as she felt herself welling up with tears. “What about the babies....okay.....I’m on my way” Ruby shouted before she ran to her car and jumped into it a sped off towards the Bay. Driving as fast as she could. Hoping and praying that her Mother was going to be okay. Ruby slowed down as the traffic began to get busier, before she was eventually sitting still in the car. “C’mon” Ruby shouted as she banged her hands of the steering wheel. “Move” Ruby squealed. “C’mon” Ruby sighed desperately hoping that the traffic would soon be moving again and that her Mother was going to be alright.

Thank you charlieandbrax, cb2180, JosieTash, spotd1, Samantha1, soph1303, chickiboomxx, Dingo x, Cally, Zoe, Jen1205 for the comments. :wub: Hope you like this next one.

Chapter 19

Brax and Bianca were sitting in the waiting room, nervously waiting on news of what had happened to Charlie. The babies had been taken to the nursery, and Baby B, the slightly smaller of the two, had been put on a breathing machine, as her lungs were slightly under developed. Xavier had offered to take a confused Jacob home and put him to bed, while Ruby was still on her way to the hospital. Brax jumped up as he saw a doctor walked towards them. “What’s the news, is she okay?” Brax asked worriedly.

“I’m afraid things aren’t great” The doctor shook her head. “Charlie bled a lot following the birth. We can’t seem to control the bleeding”

“But surely there’s something you can do?” Bianca asked as she stood up.

“We can give Charlie a hysterectomy” The doctor replied. “But we need permission from her next of kin to go ahead with the operation”

“Yeah yeah” Brax nodded “Do it”

“Unfortunately Mr Braxton, you are not Charlie’s next of kin” The doctor said “Is there any way we can get in touch with her daughter, Ruby?”

“I’ll try calling her again” Bianca said as she pulled out her phone out of her pocket and dialled Ruby’s number. “It’s just ringing out to voice mail” Bianca answered. “She’s on her way here”

“Okay, well we better hope she gets here soon. We are running out of time”

“Running out of time?” Brax shouted “I am her boyfriend. I am the father of her children. Why can’t I just give you the go ahead?” Brax yelled “Ruby is only going to say the same as me”

“As I said, Mr Braxton, unfortunately you are not next of kin” The doctor said.

“But Ruby isn’t able to answer her phone. She is driving” Brax yelled “A woman’s life is in danger here and if we can save her by letting me consent to this, don’t you think it’s worth taking it?”

“I am sorry Mr Braxton” The doctor answered. “If you and Charlie were married it would be different”

“This is ridiculous” Bianca chimed in. “You’d rather let a woman die than have someone who isn’t family be able to consent to something that’s going to save her life”

“I’m sorry” The doctor said just as Ruby came running down the corridor.

“I’m here, I’m here” Ruby yelled “Where’s Mum? What’s happened? Where are the babies?”

“Ruby Buckton?” The doctor said and Ruby nodded lightly “We’d like you’re permission to give your Mother a hysterectomy”

“Oh God” Ruby said “Eh yeah. Why couldn’t you ask Brax? He’s her boyfriend, he’s the father”

“He’s not family” The doctor said “Unfortunately he doesn’t have a say” The doctor said before she turned and walk away, back into surgery.

“Well that’s ridiculous” Ruby sighed as she took a seat before she immediately stood up again. “How are the babies?” Ruby asked.

“They’re beautiful” Brax smiled. “I have two beautiful girls”

“Girls” Ruby smiled “Are they okay, you know with being 6 weeks early?”

“Baby A is fine” Brax smiled “Baby B is on a machine helping her breath but doctors reckon she’ll only need it for a couple of days”

“God” Ruby shook her head “I hope Mums going to be okay. I mean, I hope they won’t be too late”

“She’ll be fine” Brax smiled “She’s a strong one”

“I hope your right” Ruby said as she felt herself tearing up.

“Hey, c’mon” Bianca said as she choked back her tears. “Brax is right, Charlie is a fighter. She’ll be fine” Bianca placed her hands on Ruby’s shoulders in a comforting manner. Hoping her friend would be okay.

Brax sat down next to Charlie’s bed as he watched her sleep. She looked so peaceful. He leaned forward and placed a soft kiss on her forehead. “She still sleeping?” Ruby asked as she walked back into the room and handed Brax the coffee cup. Brax nodded lightly before he took a drink.

“How am I supposed to tell her, Ruby?” Brax asked as he looked up to her.

“You just need to come out and say it” Ruby said “Yeah, it’ll be hard, but she’s got the babies to concentrate on. And speaking of babies, shouldn’t we bring the little ones up from the nursery so they can be here when she wakes up?”

“Yeah” Brax smiled “I think that’s a good idea” Brax said as he went to stand up but Ruby stopped him.

“Stay with Mum” Ruby said “I’ll get the nurse to help me” Ruby said before she placed her coffee down on the bedside table and left the room, just as Charlie’s eyes fluttered.

“Brax” Charlie said almost in a whisper “What” Charlie croaked before Brax poured her a glass of water. “Thanks” Charlie mouthed before she downed the glass. “What happened? I don’t remember. I remember having the babies then it went black and now I’m awake and...”

“Sweetheart” Brax said as he took her hand in his. “You bled. You bled a lot after the babies were born and they couldn’t control it” Brax said as he shook his head lightly. “They had to ehm....they had to give you a hysterectomy”

“But the babies?” Charlie questioned “They’re okay?”

“Yeah” Brax nodded as he gave Charlie a light smile “But sweetie you do understand what I’m telling you?”

“Yeah” Charlie nodded “But I just want to see my babies. What did I have? I don’t remember” Charlie said as she pushed herself up in the bed before she winced in pain and her hand went down to the front of her stomach.

“You aright?” Brax asked and Charlie nodded.

“It just hurts a bit” Charlie said “But I’m sure it’s to be expected if I’ve just had surgery”

“Charlie, you know it would be okay to be upset about this” Brax said.

“No” Charlie shook her head as she tried to stop the tears fall. “I just want to see my babies” Charlie said just as Ruby and a nurse came in to the room with the babies. Charlie smiled lightly as she saw the two little babies being brought into the room.

“You’ve got a good one here” The nurse smiled “She’s off the machine after just one night”

“Yeah” Brax smiled as he took the smaller of the babies in his arms, while Ruby passed the slightly bigger to Charlie.

“I’ll give you two some time alone” Ruby said before she and the nurse left the room. Charlie looked to the baby in her arms, before she looked to the one in Brax’s.

“Two girls?” Charlie said and Brax nodded lightly, a huge grin on his face. “Do you know what they weighed?”

“This one here” Brax smiled as he looked down to the baby in his arms. “Was 4lbs 8oz” Brax smiled. “And that one” Brax said as he looked to the one in Charlie’s arms. “4lbs 12oz” Charlie smiled as she looked down to her babies.

“They’re gorgeous” Charlie smiled as she felt herself welling up. “So, we need to name them”

“Well I seem to remember that we said we like Leila, Riley, Emily and Paige for girls”

“Yeah” Charlie smiled as she looked down at her babies “I know how much you love Riley and always dreamed of calling your child that, so I think we should call one Riley” Charlie smiled.

“Yeah?” Brax grinned as he looked down at the baby in his arms. “What do you think? Are you a Riley?” The baby moved her head slightly as she settled in his arms. “I think so” Brax smiled before he looked back up to Charlie. “Well why don’t you pick the name of this one?” Brax said as he smiled at Charlie.

“Paige” Charlie smiled as she looked down to the baby sleeping peacefully in her arms. “She’s definitely a Paige”

“Paige and Riley” Brax smiled as he moved closer to Charlie, laying the twins next to each other. “I love it”

“Braxton” Charlie added “Paige and Riley Braxton”

“Really?” Brax said sounding surprised “I thought you’d want Buckton?”

Charlie shook her head “I’ve realised that the surname, it doesn’t matter. I know I made a fuss about Jacob being a Buckton, but the name, it’s not important” Charlie shook her head. “They’re Braxton’s” Charlie said and Brax smiled before he placed a soft kiss on Charlie’s forehead.

Thank you so much for the comments. :wub:

Chapter 20

“Aww I don’t know which one I have but she’s definitely my favourite” Leah cooed as she looked down to the baby in her arms.

“You have Riley” Charlie smiled.

“Well then that means Paige is my favourite” Bianca cooed as she lightly ran her hand over the baby’s cheek.

“Ah Charlie, you make the cutest babies ever” Leah gushed “They are so adorable”

“Thanks. I think so too” Charlie smiled as she moved in the bed, trying to get herself comfy. “Ah” Charlie winced as she touched the front of her stomach.

“You okay?” Bianca asked and Charlie nodded lightly.

“They eh....said it would probably take 6 to 8 weeks to heal fully”

“Oh that’s not going to be easy if you’ve got twins to look after and a toddler”

“Nope” Charlie shook her head “It’s a good job these babies have two fabulous aunties” Charlie grinned as she looked to her friends. “And of course a great Daddy” Charlie smiled.

“And big sister?” Leah questioned and Charlie shook her head.

“Ruby had to go back to the city” Charlie sighed “She’s busy with her single and she’ll be starting to promote the album soon”

“Aww that’s a shame” Bianca said “She hardly got to see you or the babies”

“I know” Charlie bowed her head down “But, not much we can do. I mean this is her career now”

“I still can't believe she is a recording artist” Leah smiled “You must be so proud”

“Yeah” Charlie grinned “I am”

“Aww I really need to get to work” Leah said sadly as she reluctantly handed Riley back to Charlie. “See you again soon” Leah smiled before she left the room.

“Well auntie Bianca is all finished with worked today. So she can be here all day” Bianca cooed at the baby sleeping peacefully in her arms. “She looks like you” Bianca smiled before looking back up to Charlie. “And she has the cute little tuft of sticky up hair like Jacob did. But Riley I think looks more like Daddy, and bless her she’s a little badly” Bianca laughed.

“Yeah, well you’d think Brax would know which one was which then eh” Charlie laughed “This morning I asked him to pass me Riley and he gave me Paige. One has hair one doesn’t; you’d think he’d know which was which”

“Aww bless him” Bianca laughed “Can you imagine if they were identical?”

“I don’t even want to think about that” Charlie shook her head.

“So, Charlie, how are you feeling?” Bianca asked and Charlie pulled a face in confusion.

“I’m fine” Charlie answered.

“The hysterectomy, Charlie” Bianca sighed “You know you’re allowed to be upset”

“Bianca” Charlie shook her head “I’m fine, okay. I mean it’s not like I would be having any more kids anyways so really there’s nothing to be upset about”

“Charlie” Bianca exhaled lightly.

“Leave it” Charlie yelled “I don’t need anyone to tell me how to feel.....sorry” Charlie said as she shook her head “I just....I want to deal with this in my own way and right now, I just....I want to focus on the babies. I will deal with this, Bianca, but right now I’m just...I’m not ready too”

“Okay” Bianca smiled lightly. “Right now we can just focus on how cute these little ones are. Eh cutie pie” Bianca cooed as she looked down at Paige.

“You’re so clucky” Charlie laughed.

“Yeah. Better make sure you still have two kids when I leave here” Bianca laughed.

“Mummy” Jacob grinned excitedly as he ran into the room.

“Or make that 3” Bianca sighed as Jacob climbed up on the bed as he settled himself next to Charlie. Bianca smiled to Brax as she handed him the baby. “You know what one this is?” Bianca laughed.

“Of course I do” Brax said “It’s...” Brax trailed off as he looked at the baby in his arms. “Paige?” Brax said before he looked at Charlie and Charlie nodded lightly. “See, I know my own children”

“You just didn’t this morning” Bianca laughed.

“Hey, I was tired and they’re little and they had hats on this morning so I couldn’t really see the hair. I bet Charlie didn’t tell you that” Brax said before he stuck his tongue out cheekily at Charlie and Bianca laughed.

“Well I’ll leave you guys be for now” Bianca said “I’ll see you later” Bianca smiled as she left the room.

“So them be girls?” Jacob questioned as he looked at the baby in Charlie’s arms.

“Yeah, sweetie, their girls” Charlie nodded as Jacob ran his hand very gently over Riley’s forehead.

“She be nice” Jacob smiled “It okay that she is a girl. What’s her names be?”

“This one is Riley” Charlie smiled “And Daddy has Paige”

“Paige?” Jacob questioned “It’s funny. Like the page of a book?”

Brax laughed lightly at the boy. “Sort of I guess” Brax answered “But Paige is also a name”

“I likes em” Jacob grinned “Paige and Riley. I be the best brother to them” Jacob grinned as leaned down and placed a soft kiss on Riley’s forehead. “Whens you an them come home?”

“Maybe in a few days” Charlie said.

“That’s long” Jacob sighed “I want you to come home now”

“Mummy wants to come home too” Charlie sighed “She doesn’t like hospital food and she misses you and Daddy”

“I missed you last night” Jacob pouted “You apposed to read my story to me”

“I’m sorry baby I promise I will read you lots when I get back”

“Green eggs and ham?” Jacob questioned and Charlie nodded.

“Sure sweetie” Charlie smiled as she wrapped an arm around her son before she looked up to Brax. “So, I eh, wanted to say sorry for slapping you yesterday” Charlie said shyly.

“What?..... oh yeah” Brax laughed “Don’t worry about it. I’ll forgive you since you were in labour with my girls” Brax grinned cheekily. “But if it happens again, well you’ll be sorry”

Charlie laughed lightly as Riley began to stir in her arms. “Shhh” Charlie said softly as she looked to her daughter. Riley looked up to Charlie with her big blue eyes and was silent for a moment, before she started to cry again.

“Shhh Riley” Jacob put his index finger over his mouth as he looked from Paige to Riley and back to Paige again before settling his eyes on Riley. “Paige is asleeping” Jacob said just as Paige opened her eyes and looked up at Brax.

“Hey, baby” Brax cooed as Paige looked up at him with her big blue eyes, taking in her Daddy’s face.

“Why is she crying still?” Jacob asked as he looked up at Charlie.

“I think she’s just hungry sweetie” Charlie answered as she looked down at Jacob.

“I’s hungry too” Jacob sighed “Daddy no give me any dinner yet”

“C’mon then mate” Brax said “How about we leave Mummy to feed the girls and we’ll go get something to eat”

“Okay” Jacob smiled before he kissed Riley’s forehead before he jumped off the bed to the floor and stood on his tiptoes and kissed Paige’s forehead. Brax copied Jacob’s actions giving both of his girls a kiss before he passed Paige to Charlie before he also kissed her forehead.

“We’ll be back later” Brax smiled before he and Jacob left the room, leaving Charlie alone, smiling down at her two girls.

“Where we going Daddy?” Jacob sighed as he walked along the pavement in with Brax.

“Shopping” Brax said.

“For what?” Jacob sighed “I want my dinner”

“Yeah we’ll get dinner soon” Brax said “I want to get to the shops before they close”

“Why?” Jacob sighed.

“I’m going to buy Mummy some presents” Brax smiled as they walked into the jewellers.

“Why?” Jacob asked.

“Because you’re Mummy just gave me the best present in the world so I want to show her how thankful I am”

“Why?” Jacob said as he looked up at Brax.

“Because it’s what Daddy’s do” Brax answered “They want to show the Mummy how much they love her and appreciate what she’s been through so they could have the babies”

“I don’t know whats that word is” Jacob sighed.

Brax laughed lightly at the boy. “C’mon, we’ll pick out some nice stuff for Mummy”

“Then we get dinner?” Jacob questioned and Brax nodded.

“Yeah” Brax laughed “Then we get dinner”

Archived