So what's your favourite season of Home and Away?

Guest Jezz

So what's your favourite season of Home and Away and why?

I would have to say 2012, because it marks the very first time I started watching "Home and Away" full time. Prior to Jan. 2012, I had only see a few episodes during a trip to London.

I would have to say 2012, because it marks the very first time I started watching "Home and Away" full time. Prior to Jan. 2012, I had only see a few episodes during a trip to London.

I know it's hard to say, watching episodes out of context, but after watching the retrospective episodes, do you think the show has changed much over the years?

Mine would have to be 2004, it had all of my favourite storylines:

Hayley and Brodies crash.

Hayley and Noah marrying eachother.

The Felix/Sarah/Danni storyline which included the very sad and heartbreaking death of Noah Lawson (Not happy with Noah's death, obviously, but I did love that he didn't just disappear, how he stayed with Hayley for awhile and they did the concert for him, and made Noah's bar in memory of him :wub:)

and obviously 2005 would have to be my second favourite season, as they carried on with the Felix and Sarah stalker storyline, bringing 'Zoe McCallister'/Eve Jacobson to torment the bay.

EDIT: and Mumma Rose/The Believers coming to the bay in 2005. So I do have two favourite (almost) equaled seasons, but 2004 has to come first because that was the kick off of the stalker storyline.

I've got 3 (possibly 4 different answers, but for different reasons)

Firstly I really enjoyed 1988. Watching the repeats it feels a very different show,

Secondly there's 1996, which is action packed with a great cast.

And then there's the first two years I watched the show. Not actually very good, but don't they say there's no love like first love.

I know it's hard to say, watching episodes out of context, but after watching the retrospective episodes, do you think the show has changed much over the years?

What was nice about the retro was I got to see what came before me....lots from 1988 through 2010....I got to see sally in episode one (90 minutes) right through her last episode....I saw a very young marilyn....i saw Bobby for the first time.....Pippa, Fisher, Flynn, so many. Plus Ryan from True Blood as Vinnie.....I got to see plenty of people die (they sure die young in summer bay), marry, run away, etc. I also never made the connection about VJ being Vinnie's son until I actually saw Ryan K as Vinnie.

The show in 2012 is completely different from start to finish.

My first 2012 episode was two days before Charlie got shot.

• 1 month later...

1995 - Rollercoaster ride from start to finish. Bushfire, Shane and Angel's Wedding, Shannon's anorexia, Laura getting smooshed by the train and Curtis' alcoholism in the aftermath, Selina's pregnancy and miscarriage, the returns of four classic characters (Stevo, Maz, Dodge and Bobby, who returned in ghost form) and much much more!

The show was on just about every magazine cover at that point and it was reaching highs of 10m on ITV and it was still getting regular news coverage and the stars would get on Saturday Morning shows and talk about the stories that were airing.

If I'm using football terms; The most capped players that would be

Shane, Angel, Jack, Curtis, Shannon and Selina.

The effects spilled over into 1996 which had not one but two disasters (Flood and Earthquake).

What was nice about the retro was I got to see what came before me....lots from 1988 through 2010....I got to see sally in episode one (90 minutes) right through her last episode....I saw a very young marilyn....i saw Bobby for the first time.....Pippa, Fisher, Flynn, so many. Plus Ryan from True Blood as Vinnie.....I got to see plenty of people die (they sure die young in summer bay), marry, run away, etc. I also never made the connection about VJ being Vinnie's son until I actually saw Ryan K as Vinnie.

The show in 2012 is completely different from start to finish.

My first 2012 episode was two days before Charlie got shot.

But as you have watched Home and Away for a year and still no knowing anything about VJ''s dad goes to show how bad they are at continuity of characters. Sorry to moan as I do enjoy watching it still but for instance, Vinnie was an iron man winner in the bay time and time again and that issue wasnt even raised with VJ's little iron man story.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived