A Mothers Love (by Danni02) - comments

Laura

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three SUPERB updates, especially ……

 “I didn’t know what I wanted to call her,” Charlie said. “My daughter, my Ruby she....she knew what wanted to call her kids. Amelia obviously was her choice for a girl.”

“Oh right...” The nurse seemed slightly confused. Why did Charlie use the name if her daughter was going to?

“Ruby lost her battle with leukaemia almost 6 weeks ago,” Charlie spoke quietly. “So, I thought.....well she’s not going to be able to use the name so I wanted to....I wanted to do it for Ruby. She was supposed to save her sisters life but she just arrived too late.”

“Charlie, I am so sorry, I didn’t know,” The nurse shook her head, understanding more why Charlie seemed reluctant to bond with her child.

 “It’s not for you,” Grant replied. “And it’s not much. I couldn’t start taking heaps of money out the account. Tracy would notice, but I’ve managed to get that over the last 9 months. It’s just over $2,500. I’ve put it into a new account and will close it as soon as you take the money out. Buy her clothes, bibs, formula, nappies, wipes....whatever you need. I just want to contribute a little. It’s not fair to make you do it all yourself.”

 “Yeah we’ll maybe I don’t want to make plans when Ruby isn’t going to be there because it will be nothing like it was when she was around.” Romeo shouted as stood up.

“Romeo.” April stood up as Romeo started to walk away.

“I’m going to see Charlie and Amelia so just leave me alone.” Romeo raised his voice as he picked up his pace and walked off the beach and away from April.

 “But what if they talk about her?” Romeo questioned. “I’m not really ready to do that with anyone but you.”

“Well just ask them not to mention her,” Charlie answered. “They’ll understand.”

 Charlie looked down to her baby as smiled lightly. “Sorry you are stuck with mummy but he needs to get out of the house and start mingling with his friends again. It’ll do him good to be with his friends. It really will, yes.” Charlie watched as her daughter’s big green eyes, just like Ruby’s, scanned around, them being too young to focus on her mother’s face. “Right, I’ll put you back in here for now then I will get your bottle ready, okay?” Charlie said, putting Amelia back down into the moses basket, still not comfortable with too much interaction with her.

 “I’m so sorry Bianca,” Charlie shook her head as more tears fell down her cheeks. “I was such a bitch to you. I....I was just upset that Brax broke up with me and I wasn’t coping because Ruby was sick, but I miss you. I miss you so much and I need my best friend back.” Charlie broke down as Bianca pulled her into a hug.

“Hey, it’s okay.” Bianca rubbed her back.

“I’m so sorry. Please forgive me. I’m so sorry.” Charlie cried.

“Hey you have nothing to be sorry for,” Bianca said. “I’m the one who did something wrong, not you. I’m the one who needs forgiving.”

“I do,” Charlie nodded. “I forgive you Bianca, please be my friend again.” Charlie questioned as she pulled back from the hug.

Bianca looked into Charlie’s eyes. She was almost pleading with her. Bianca of course was more than happy what Charlie wanted to be friends again, it was all she ever wanted to happen since they fell out. “Of course Charlie, of course I want to be friends again,” Charlie smiled lightly as she wiped her face once again.

 “Seven weeks,” Charlie exhaled as she looked to the photo in the album. A picture of her and Ruby, taken long before the leukaemia happened, long before the idea of a baby, before she and Brax broke up. It was a day out in Sydney, just the two of them. A day of shopping and pampering. She exhaled lightly as she ran her hand across Ruby’s pretty face. “I can’t believe it’s been seven weeks already,” Charlie cleared her throat. “And little Amelia is a week old today,” Charlie smiled lightly as she looked into the moses basket at the side of the couch to see her daughter staring up at her, her big green eyes moving around, taking everything in. She sighed before she looked back to the picture. “I’m trying my hardest with her, Rubes, I really am. I feed her and bathe her, rock her to sleep,” Charlie paused feeling slightly guilty that unless absolutely necessary, she didn’t hold her daughter.

 Charlie shrugged her shoulders. “It’s only my first week with her. I’m not entirely sure how baby’s work yet

 “Hmm, you being a grumpy pants today?” Brax questioned as Amelia continued to squirm, Brax concerned at the look on her face. She seemed irritated. He gently rubbed her stomach, wondering if perhaps she had trapped wind, before gently moving her legs in a circular motion. It was then he noticed a cluster of little red spots on her right leg. “Charlie, has she always had this rash?” Brax questioned.

“What rash?” Charlie shouted through from the kitchen.

Brax ran his hand over it, before remember seeing something on the TV about rashes and a glass.

 What do you mean Brax? What’s wrong with her?”

“I don’t know,” Brax shook his head. “I’m probably over reacting but I think we should get her to the hospital.” Brax said as he lifted her up from the couch.

“The hospital?” Charlie looked alarmed. “Why Brax, what do you think is wrong with her?” Charlie put her hand onto her chest as she felt her heart beating fast and faster as her panic increased. She’s just lost Ruby; there was no way life could be as cruel as to make something wrong with Amelia too.

“Hopefully nothing.” Brax said as they left the house to drive Amelia to the hospital.

I am sorry that your story is coming to an end. I shall enjoy it while I can. I am glad that Amelias rash was nothing. At least the one good thing was that it made Charlie talk to Brax. A matchmaker in the making. I am glad the Charlie wants to take thing slowly. I hope that is the start of Charlie and Brax making up. :wub::wub: