A Mothers Love (by Danni02) - comments

Laura

Two REALLY GREAT updates, especially ……

 “I don’t think I am ever going to be able to cope without Ruby,” Charlie shook her head as she felt fresh tears wanting to escape her eyes. “What did you....how did you deal with it?”

“Well I’m not going to tell you what I done,” Miles shook his head. “My way left me homeless with no friends to look out for me,” Miles said. “I don’t recommend that way. I eh, pushing away your friends is the worst possible thing you can do right now, trust me on that one.”

 “I’ve never felt more alone in all my life,” Charlie sniffed back. “Even with the baby inside me I....what am I supposed to do with her now?”

“You’ll love her and be an amazing mother to her,” Miles answered. “Believe it or not, she will be a huge help in this,” Miles said. “It’s a new life that you get to love and care for and she’ll help ou heal.”

“I don’t want her replacing Ruby.” Charlie cried.

“She won’t replace Ruby. I didn’t mean it like that,” Miles shook his head. “No one will ever replace Ruby but she’ll give you something to live for. She needs her mummy and you’re going to be great with her.”

 Romeo looked down to the picture of the two of them, taken at Dexter’s birthday party, just a month at most before Ruby got diagnosed with the leukaemia. “I know that we were just young, but.....she was the one, Charlie. There was just something about her that made me never want to let her go. She was mines for life. We were so in love and I....” Romeo stopped talking as a tear rolled down his cheek.

 “Uh-uh,” Romeo shook his head. “No one will ever come close to Ruby. She was amazing and I don’t want to be with anyone else but her.” Charlie exhaled knowing one day, Romeo would be ready to move on, but of course on the day he buried Ruby, he wasn’t ever going to think it was possible.

 Romeo gave Charlie another smile. “I guess you’ll want me to move out though, now Ruby is no longer....” Romeo trailed off not able to finish the sentence.

“Of course not,” Charlie shook her head. “I’ve just said you are as good as my son-in-law and you’re welcome to live here for as long as you want. As long as you don’t mind that in a month or so you’ll have a new born baby as a housemate.”

“No, I don’t mind at all,” Romeo answered. “I think the baby is going to be good for us, in the end.”

“Yeah, so I’ve been told,” Charlie pursed her lips together, still unsure about how she was going to handle the baby’s arrival. “But, we’ll get through this together Romeo, me and you, okay?” Charlie said before and Romeo gave a slightly nod before she leaned her head against Romeo’s shoulder as he wrapped his arm around her, both of them letting new tears fall as they sat in the room, in silence now, thinking about a life without Ruby.

 “I didn’t think you cared.”

“What makes you think that?” Brax questioned. “Of course I care....I....I love you Charlie.”

“You didn’t come to say goodbye,” Charlie felt her eyes stinging with tears as she spoke. “Miles, Leah, Dex and April, everyone....they came to say goodbye but you didn’t.”

“Yeah, but I....” Brax rubbed the back of his head. “I wanted to leave the time she had left for....I didn’t want to take away time from you. I thought you’d want to be with her as much as you could, and honestly, she could be scary when it came to people hurting you and I know I did that,” Brax exhaled. “She didn’t need to be getting herself all worked up.”

“I know she could be a bit stubborn and hold grudges like me, but she kept pushing me to work things out with you. I know she was mad with you at first for leaving us but she would have liked the chance to say goodbye, I know she would have.” Charlie wiped her hand across her eye as she looked at Brax for the first time since they’d started speaking.

 “No Romeo, don’t,” Charlie walked forward and grabbed hold of his arms, stopping him from removing anymore of her clothes. “It’s too soon.”

“No, it’s not,” Romeo shouted. “Because she’s never coming back so what the point in keeping them any longer?” Romeo put his arm back into the wardrobe pulling out one of her dresses.

“Because I am not ready, you don’t get to decide this.” Charlie raised her voice as she once again pushed Romeo’s hands from her daughter’s clothes.

“This has to be my room,” Romeo raised his voice. “I don’t want her clothes in here. I can’t deal with opening the wardrobe every day and seeing them, so I need to get rid of them.”

“Romeo please don’t do this,” Charlie shook her head. “Please.”

“You know I am hurting too,” Romeo sniffed back again. “I need them out of this room at least. It’s hard enough to be in here without Rubes, let alone seeing her clothes, so please, please take them out of this room at least,” Romeo pleased. “You don’t have to throw them out yet, but please, please just take them out of this room. It’s too hard Charlie, it’s too hard.” Romeo broke down in tears as he slumped to the floor, picking up the dress and holding it close to him, sniffing in the scent.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic