Forever and a Day

Guest ScreamingQueen2006

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Romeo&Indi Forever, JarlieFanEver and Red Ranger.

Hope you guys enjoy this next update.

Chapter 2 – Part 2

Summer Bay House

Melody stared between the coco pops packet and the plate of buttered toast as she stalled to make a choice.

“Morning.” Matthew said seating himself at the table.

“I’m heading into Yabbie Creek, would you and Melody like a lift to school?” Alf asked him.

“Thanks Granddad, but Dex is gonna walk with me today.” Matthew grabbed a slice of toast and took a bite.

“What about you Mel?” Alf questioned again.

Melody nodded. “I guess.” She couldn’t help but stare as Matthew took another bite of the toast.

“Seeing as you’re generously giving lifts today, could you drop me off at the diner?” Roo asked Alf.

Alf finished off the last remnants of tea from his cup. “Well you’d only call me an ogre if I didn’t.”

“Right, just going to finish the lunches and then I’ll get ready.” Roo noticed Alf roll his eyes at her last words. “I won’t be long. You can time me.”

“It’d be a first.”

“Hey Granddad?” Martha began. “Could I by any chance get a lift too, please?”

Alf gave a look of shock. “It’s a flammin’ ute, not a clown car.”

Matthew turned to his sister. “Granddad can strap you to the roof rack.”

Martha pulled a face. “Oh ha ha.”

“Besides, shouldn’t you be in hiding?”

Martha raised an eyebrow. “I’m already at the top of the list for recriminations, but I thought you’d at least be on my side.”

“I am. It was just a dumb joke.”

The sound of footsteps could be heard at the backdoor as Dexter popped his head into the kitchen. “Hey guys.”

Then Amelia’s cries filled the house and almost as soon as it began, Martha was on her feet to retrieve the infant from the cot.

“That one totally means dirty nappy.” Dexter said happily.

“I’ve never met anyone so happy about detecting poop.” Matthew quipped.

Roo entered the pantry to find it in disarray with wrapping papers sewn on a nearby shelf. “Do we have some sort of rat problem?”

“What’s that love?” Alf called.

Roo returned an empty chocolate wrapper at hand. “Would someone like to tell me where all the biscuits and things have gone?”

Matthew grabbed his school bag from underneath the computer desk and glanced at Melody. They observed each other for a couple of seconds, not daring to speak.

Pier Diner

Matthew checked that he and Melody were out of ear shot of the others. “I can’t believe you pigged out last night and then refuse breakfast.”

Melody shrugged. “Guess I was still full after pigging out.”

“It’s just weird.”

“So?”

“Whatever the problem is…”

Melody took a step backward. “There isn’t a problem. Would you just get off my case?”

Leah hurried behind the counter visibly concerned.

“Good heavens Leah you look like you’ve seen a ghost.” Colleen said.

“You’ll never guess what I found this morning.” Leah began. “A letter from Ruby saying she’s taking off. I sent Vinnie out to look for her.”

“What’s this about Ruby?” Xavier asked as he moved toward the counter.

Bus Stop

“Hey, Rubes!” Xavier called as he ran over towards her. “Where are you going?”

Ruby looked up, noticing Xavier’s presence. “I see the news got to you already.”

“No one blabbed. Leah found the note you left. What’s up Rubes?”

Ruby sighed and looked away. She was unsure she wanted to let Xavier in on what was going on with her. “I just want everything to go back to the way it was, but I know that’s never going to happen now.”

“If there’s anything else you want to talk about I’m here.”

“If there’s anything else?” Ruby frowned. “ Xave, I buried Charlie yesterday and her death’s caught up in a murder investigation. Sarah might be behind bars, but it sure doesn’t feel like justice.”

“I’m sorry. Can I come with you then?”

“This is something I have to do on my own Xave.”

“At least tell me where you’re heading.”

Ruby hiked the rucksack up on her shoulders. “I don’t know. Guess I’ll ask around the town Charlie and my bio dad used to live. Someone must know or have an idea of where he is.”

“But that’s just a wild goose chase.” Xavier said. “Maybe you should ask Jack to look into it if it means this much to you. I’m sure he’d be happy to help.”

“If it means this much to me? What the hell Xave? Real sensitively worded.”

“I’m sorry. It just came out wrong. Well text me later. Let me know you’re ok.” Xavier felt like he had failed in preventing her from leaving, as he watched Ruby begin to walk away.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys. Sorry it’s been so long since the last update. I’ve not been feeling either of my fan fictions of late and felt I needed some time to try and get my mojo back. I don’t feel at all like I have, but as always I will continue to the end. Thank you for the comments and I hope you enjoy reading. It’s kind of short, but there will be more soon.

Chapter 3 – Part 1

Summer Bay High

“No, it’s called ‘The Game’ and you can’t think of The Game, or you’ll lose. And I just lost. So no matter where you are, and you think of the game you have to say ‘I lost’. So the whole point is to forget the game.”

Miles laughed. “That is the stupidest thing I’ve heard.”

“Oh, but Mr Copeland Sir, we’re teenagers. We get entertained easily.” Christy replied.

“But there’s so many better ways to be entertained.”

“Like shiny things?”

“Yeah, shiny things. Now open your books to chapter thirty.” Miles turned to the board and started to write some class notes with a marker pen.

Matthew slid a note across Annie’s desk and watched impatiently as she read it.

“We’ve talked about this.” Annie said in a whisper trying not to alert Miles.

“Just meet me at seven at the diner please.” He pleaded.

Annie sighed. “Ok, but just know it’s all that persistence that got me there. Not because I want to be.”

“Maybe that persistence might change your mind.”

Annie raised an eyebrow then looked back to her text book.

Angelo’s

Brax eyed the many used glasses as he downed another Bourbon and Coke. He placed his head on the table and imagined what Charlie would say to him if she could see him now. He missed her immensely, but he still felt guilty for what he had done, he could never forgive himself for that. Then a voice disturbed his peace.

“Erm Brax?”

Brax looked up and saw Xavier in the doorway of the restaurant. “The place is closed. No customers today, or any other day, and no pizza deliveries either.”

Xavier gawked at the paralytic state he found Brax in. “I’m not here to work. I’m here to tell you about Ruby.”

“She’s not my concern. She doesn’t want anything to do with me.”

“I think she might be in trouble.”

Brax gazed at Xavier. “What kind of trouble?”

“Well, she’s not in any trouble right this moment but she’s not far from it. She’s gone to look for her biological dad alone.”

“And why are you telling me?”

Xavier frowned. “I thought you could help. Look I know you’re going through some things, but now is not the time to be wallowing in self-pity.”

Brax glared at Xavier. He reached for the nearest glass and hurled it against a wall. “Get out! And as of right now you no longer work here.”

Archived