Natalie/Brax

--HAA

Apart from being shallow as some others have said, I find Natalie very nosey and interfering. Surely as a professional you wouldn't involve yourself in other peoples personal lives after eavesdropping on their conversations. Her curbside consultations also seem very unprofessional.

But the biggest problem for me is that she's really boring!

Edited by cadyctslover

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a lot of the comments regarding Natalie are unfair. I manage a Counselling Centre. I talk to Counsellors a lot although I'm not a Counsellor.

Looking at it from their point of view, the biggest problem they have is that as soon as people find out they are counsellors people want to tell them their troubles. They find great difficulty separating their professional and private lives. Doctors have the same problem. It seems to me that is what is happening to Natalie.

I also see Natalie's attitude to Brax differently. I actually think it is refreshing to see someone think and act beyond the physical attraction, jump into bed, we're meant to be , he/she is the love of my life cycle.

Natalie is attracted to Brax. She may even be falling in love with him but she recognises that just that physical attraction or even love is not enough to guarantee a lasting relationship. She's thought about it and made the painful decision that the relationship doesn't have a good chance of working. So, at least for the moment, she's walked away.

^ I can understand people talking to someone they know is a councillor about their problems 'out-of-hours', but with Natalie it seems to be the other way around. She seems to 'overhear' personal discussions and then involve herself. I'd imagine real councillors/doctors want some freedom from their jobs in their own time.

Heath came to Natalie for help. She tried to do what he wanted her to: talk to Bianca. She said that Bianca needed to come to her first in order for ir to work, but Heath insisted. Bianca would not have come to her, so she lured Bianca into coming, that is not a crime. She had Bianca's best interest at heart.

When you watch some scenes during the Casey-trouble. It is not Natalie who interferes, it is Brax who calls her first. I have noticed that. Some of their scenes even begin with: 'I got your message, what is up?'. Brax asked for her help. And she was willing to give it because she cares about Casey.

Sasha needs someone she can talk to. At home, everyone has their own problems (and Dex's). Sometimes it is easier to talk to a non-relative. Why should she be talking to Indi? Or April? Just because they are 'family'? She obviously feels good talking to Natalie about it and there is nothing wrong with that. I think it was great advice, staying away from Casey. How can Sasha get over her crush if they are still hanging out? The best thing you can do with and ex/ or a crush is to give each other some space in my opinion.

I really, really, really do not understand this whole hatred against Natalie. I did not like her at first because of her first scene: her hair was messy, her desk was unorganized, her clothes were awful... I did not think that was appropriate for a counsellor who needs to come over as strong and in control. But I am loving her now. She is a breath of fresh air to the show. She cares about other people without being morally obligated to do so. Everyone else in the Bay is like: me, my family, my partner... don't care about the rest. (That does not count for Irene, Marilyn and Alf... But they are 'special characters'). I know lots of you won't agree with you, but you are entitled to your opinion, just as me.

Like John said, I also like the fact that she stopped to take the time to think about her relationship with Brax. She is right, Brax does not have time for her at the moment. That is not his fault, but it is what it is. Brax might have said his life is always like that, but it is not, there are times where he only needs to be thinking about one of his brothers. Of course now he has 3 brothers, so that could mean more trouble to deal with :rolleyes:. I hope they do get back together, for real, committed and sticking to their decision!

Has anyone noticed how they keep mentioning Brax's private life (his life without his brothers) recently? Adam asked about it, Brax mentioned it to Heath. What could that mean?

^^^^^^^PREACH PREACH PREACH!!!! Oh my god FINALLY someone who has the same views with me on Natalie hahaha :P I've always liked her since her first episode and I think people who dislike and hate her are being really unfair. I personally still think that Brax and her will get back together before the season's over because apparently people saw Catherine filming with Steve and all that at Casey's trial and it would seem strange for her to be there if her and Brax were still broken up. Although I could be wrong :)

I really hope these two don't get back together.

I just really don't like Natalie, she comes across as some kind of Braxton stalker. From the word go she has pretty much been involved with the Braxtons, so much so that she can't even do her job properly.

The sad thing is when she first appeared and she actually did her job, before she even met the Braxtons. I thought that she would be a character I would come to really like. Now I just can't stand her. :angry:

I am also convinced that if Brax didn't give her what she wanted, she would of gone for another brother. :o