Casey/Sasha

--HAA

I do have to wonder how the actors feel about the way the storyline/relationship played out.When it was first revealed that Casey and Sasha were going to be romantically linked, I was dead against the idea and thought they were wrong for each other.But the actors gave it their all, created a real warmth and chemistry between the characters and managed to win me round so I was actually in favour of them getting together.Given how disposable the relationship ended up being treated, they're probably wondering why they bothered.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But when you think about it, how many times have Home and Away split up couples when they haven't reached their full potential?

Brax and Charlie.

Angelo and Charlie.

Brax and Nat

Miles and Leah.

Ruby and Casey..

The list goes on and will continue.....

Just classic soap opera rules basically.

Well, all of those had a greater run than Casey and Sasha, especially Angelo and Charlie who were together for about eighteen months without much of a break and two and a half years on and off.(Yet ironically, they're the only one in that list who I'd like to have seen kept together longer.)At least two of that lot(Brax/Charlie and Leah/Miles)broke up because one of the actors was leaving, Ruby/Casey were together for nearly a year so had a decent run out, Brax/Natalie...yeah, I'll give you that one, they never really got going.

Sasha knew he didn't like her but slept with him anyway. She was obsessed before when he was friends with Ruby. Sasha should concentrate on herself. I liked these as a couple.

Comments like this bother me, because for it to have been as "one sided" as everybody claims it was, he certainly acted like he wanted more from her, so you can't really blame her. I personally feel like he loves her but he isn't in love with her. Sad, but it's the way it turned out.

But I do agree with Sasha focusing on herself, it's nice to see her making friends and helping people she's had really great character development.

Sasha knew he didn't like her but slept with him anyway. She was obsessed before when he was friends with Ruby. Sasha should concentrate on herself. I liked these as a couple.

Comments like this bother me, because for it to have been as "one sided" as everybody claims it was, he certainly acted like he wanted more from her, so you can't really blame her. I personally feel like he loves her but he isn't in love with her. Sad, but it's the way it turned out.

But I do agree with Sasha focusing on herself, it's nice to see her making friends and helping people she's had really great character development.

I think that they both did wrong in this relationship. They both made mistakes. Wasn't 100% Casey's fault nor was it Sasha's. That's my opinion.

I assume it's safe to come here now as Casey and Sasha are probably not going to get back together anytime within the foreseeable future.

You know what? As someone that wanted Casey and Sasha together, I personally feel there is a lot of truth in this one sentence although I wouldn't go as far as saying he didn't like her just didn't like her enough. I mentioned this earlier this week in the UK discussion thread that I actually loved it when Sasha told Ruby to back off like some jealous girlfriend but still she wasn't even going out with Casey. And neither was Ruby for that matter. They were just friends. It did seem to me that Sasha was hanging around Casey like some lost puppy but I just put it down to a young girl with an infatuation/crush at first. Then I realised certainly from Sasha's point of view the infatuation had turned to love. It was obvious to me when Casey made a move on Sasha in the woods which eventually led them sleeping together he was only doing it because he was convinced he was going to jail for a very long time and had nothing left to lose. As far as he was concerned it was practically handed to him on a plate. I probably would have done the same thing if I was in his position. From the outset although Sid came round after Sasha pleaded her case to him he was against the relationship and you could argue that he was quite correct given how things have turned out.

I liked the way Sasha supported Casey during the trial but had serious concerns when Kyle confirmed that Casey wasn't hallucinating about Tamara (contrary to useless Natalie convincing him otherwise) and Brax set out trying to find her. The way Casey was, immediately to me it seemed like he wouldn't have been that way about Sasha. Then any time there was a scene with Casey and Tamara, I kept thinking there's a real bond there and Sasha is going to get hurt. I was hoping that Sasha and Casey would get together and Casey, Tamara and Sasha could all be friends but that was just wishful thinking on my part. I personally think when Tamara saved Casey's life there was something there. It was way beyond anything physical. I do think now that Tamara deliberately set out to steal Casey off Sasha but at least he finished with Sasha before sleeping with Tamara. I agree with Dex's assertion that Casey was using Sasha but I don't think he was consciously doing it, well apart from the sex part.

After Casey finished with Sasha and Sasha was just trying to be a friend to him although it wasn't what I wanted I still liked the interaction. I really liked it when she baked him a birthday cake. When she just left and didn't want to spend any time with him, I thought she was playing a waiting game i.e. trying to be a friend in the hope he would change his mind about finishing eventually. Even when Rosie was blatantly trying to come onto Casey and Sasha seemed OK with it she admitted to Casey afterwards how much she wanted him in her life. I did feel sorry for her when Casey told her he had slept with Tamara but come on, she knew in her heart of hearts that he was into Tamara. When she saw Tamara kissing him although she spoke to Casey about it she let it go. To me it seemed part of her was in denial that there was something between Casey and Tamara but she was hoping it was a temporary set back. Even when Tamara came back Sasha tried to warn her off but it pretty much seemed in vain.

When she went to see Casey to tell them their friendship was over she mentioned that she didn't like the person she was when she was with him but I'm not sure I would agree with that. If being caring and supportive are not the sort of things you like in a person then I'm not sure what is. I don't think she really did anything wrong and in terms of keeping Casey there was nothing she could have done. As I mentioned in the UK discussion thread and above she can't change what happened in the desert. She can't change Tamara saving Casey's life. It's sad because if Tamara hadn't returned I think the posts in this thread would be actually discussing their romantic relationship.

I do hope Sasha changes her mind about being friends with Casey in the future as I do really enjoy their interaction but I don't think it will happen until Sasha is fully over him which won't be until she finds herself another boyfriend.