H&A Creator Dies

Guest Dan F

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just been contacted by the online producer who has chosen to use our article with a link back to BTTB - you'll now find it on the official site. :)

There is no mention of Alan's passing on the official site.

It's in the News section of the OS

I'm surprised they didn't have any sort of caption/tribute I.e 'In Memory of...' at the end of Monday's episode.

The news wasn't known publicly until we announced it on Wednesday. It's only just starting to reach mainstream media now with The Australian picking up the story.

Just been contacted by the online producer who has chosen to use our article with a link back to BTTB - you'll now find it on the official site. :)

It's the third or fourth image in the scrolling banner at the top, when it first went on it was also mentioned in the Bay News box underneath which has since changed

I'm sorry to hear of his passing. I haven't visited this forum forum a long time but it spurred me to return.

I have to admit I had never heard of him but from reading the tribute I now realise how much he did for Home and Away.

Praying and thinking of his family.

I'm surprised they didn't have any sort of caption/tribute I.e 'In Memory of...' at the end of Monday's episode.

The news wasn't known publicly until we announced it on Wednesday. It's only just starting to reach mainstream media now with The Australian picking up the story.

It's the third or fourth image in the scrolling banner at the top, when it first went on it was also mentioned in the Bay News box underneath which has since changed

TV Tonight have picked it up too, using your picture. Tim Campbell tweeted it and thanked Alan for Summer Bay.

A real poignant reflection at where Home and Away had 'conceived' new realistic narratives on fostering, then introduced us to Tom and Pippa Fletcher! Afterall that era alone practically sticks in my mind, when growing up in suburban Sydney throughout the 90's.

Alan Bateman not only gave us a 'groundbreaking, excellent, prominent, educational' primetime soapie, we got to observe how certain families lived, coped and succeed despite emerging out from dysfunctional abusive environments.

Haven't visited this forum that often, but reading about Alan's unfortunate passing compelled this veteran fanatic to reminiscence what become of a unconventional yet stupendous narrative!

RIP mate! Summer Bay won't be the same idyllic paradise without your idealistic candor!! :(

RIP Alan and all my condolances to his family & friends.

ALong with Alan creating this wonderful show that we all love, i adore how its giving us a chance to many young actors strut their stuff on H&A before going on to great careers [thoughts of ISLA Fisher, Melissa George, Indiana Evans and the like]

Archived