X Factor 2012

Guest ~Zoe~

New series started tonight. I thought it was good. Best one was Ella Henderson, she's got a great voice for her age - her own song she wrote aswell.

Melanie B was a guest judge and she certainly lived upto her scary spice reputation, she was very harsh.

New series started tonight. I thought it was good. Best one was Ella Henderson, she's got a great voice for her age - her own song she wrote aswell.

Melanie B was a guest judge and she certainly lived upto her scary spice reputation, she was very harsh.

I didn't like Mel B as a judge thought she was trying too hard to be the mean judge. I quite liked Jahmene and Ella as well. Can't wait to see Saturday nights show looks like Carolynne Poole could be on it

I thought Mel B was very harsh also. I mean, even the old man who came and sang. Yeah, sure, he wasn't going to go to bootcamp but like it was sweet for him to come and sing. Even Simon Cowell would have thought it was cute. Have any of you seen her on X Factor Australia where she is a permanent judge? She wasn't how she was on the UK on. But the Aus one is structured a little different. Way more good better than bad auditions are shown. (Judging from the two episodes I've watched)

I'm looking forward to the rest of the series. :D

• 4 weeks later...

The final 12 acts for The X Factor have been confirmed.

The finalists were revealed in tonight's (September 30) second Judges' Houses episode, which saw the four judges reveal which acts were successful.

Nicole Scherzinger was joined by Ne-Yo in selecting her final three, and chose Rylan Clark, James Arthur and Jahmene Douglas in her Boys category.

Tulisa Contostavlos - helped by Tinie Tempah - went for Jade Ellis, Lucy Spraggan and Ella Henderson for the Girls.

Melanie Masson, Kye Sones and Carolynne Poole were chosen by Gary Barlow for the Overs, with assistance from Cheryl Cole.

Finally, Louis Walsh and Sharon Osbourne kept GMD3, MK1 and Union J in the Groups category.

Gary Barlow said of the final list of contestants: "This year we really have got the cream of the crop with our finalists and it was tough for all of us to choose our three acts. The standard of talent has gone up this year and I think it's the best ever line-up of finalists.

"The live shows will feel very different this year too as contestants can sing their own songs and play guitar - I can't wait for Saturday!"

Four acts were also revealed to be among this year's Wildcard contestants, with each judge giving one artist in their category an extra chance of making the live shows.

Christopher Maloney (Overs), Adam Burridge (Boys), Amy Mottram (Girls) and Times Red (Groups) will go up against each other in a public vote that will continue until next Saturday's live show, with the winning act performing alongside the other 12 finalists.

The X Factor continues with its first live show on Saturday, October 6 at 8pm on ITV.

Cannot believe that Nicole let Rylan through. What was she thinking! I actually dont like any of the boys she let through if I am being honest.

Out of the wildcards, I think Amy is the best. She has a fantastic voice and love to see her go through. :)

Rylan, dont really like him. His reaction when Nicole told him he was through to live shows, it was so over the top. Out of the boys only one I like is James Aurthr. Ella Henderson is brilliant, liked her ever since the first audition. Looking forward to the first live show tomorrow.

Archived