Sworn To Secrecy

Guest Lucii

Thanks for the comments :wub: they're all so lovely and I'm definately gonna miss writing this. Not so sure about this chapter anymore as I wrote it ages but never found the time to finish the fic any earlier. Oh well hope you all enjoy x

Chapter 41

18 MONTHS LATER (PART ONE OF TWO)

”You ready?” Brax took her hands into his own and looked into her eyes. ”You look absolutely beautiful”

”Thanks” the girl smiled sincerely running her fingers through her loose curly hair. Her hands were shaking in Brax’s. ”I’m really nervous”

”Well you are getting married Rubes. It’s a big moment in your life” Charlie came up behind her daughter tucking a small flower behind her ear. ”You look gorgeous”

”Yeah so do you!” Ruby let out a small laugh before waving a hand in front of her face to stop herself from tearing up. ”But you’re not supposed to upstage me!” Ruby commented on the gorgeous sky blue dress her mum wore. Her hair had grown back from the bob she used to own and lay loose over her shoulders.

”Nobody is as beautiful as you Rubes, that dress is just absolutely perfect” Charlie gushed using a hankie to wipe away a tear from her eye. ”My baby’s getting married!”

”And my mum’s moving away after” Ruby found herself tearing up although she found herself swearing previously that she wouldn’t. ”Please stay in touch”

”The biggest mistake of my life was leaving you and Brax behind. This time I promise that we will always be in touch and you’re coming to visit Perth and sometimes we’ll come down here to see you. It’s going to be like we’ve never left each other’s sight” Charlie found more tears coming. Brax left the room discreetly wanting to let Ruby and Charlie enjoy their moment. He knew he’d be called back through in a minute to give her away anyway. He saw Kyle rehearsing his vows with the two best men Xavier and Dex, all three looking very smart in their suits. Brax waved in their direction as April, Indi and Sasha came up in the matching bridesmaids dresses.

“Hey Brax” Sasha greeted him cheerfully. ”So Rubes is getting married ey?”

”I know, her and Charlie are sharing a real cute moment back there”

”So are you staying for the wedding reception then going to Perth afterwards?”

”Yeah I think after the wedding reception the married couple will head off on their honeymoon and then we’ll head up afterwards. The house is beautiful. Charlie’s going to love it. So are the kids” he grinned happily imagining their faces later on.

The three girls grinned in unison as Casey came up and wrapped his arms around Sasha’s waist. He’d moved back to the bay a few months ago to re-start school and get his life back on track. He was sad to hear that Ruby had moved on and was getting engaged but either way the one time couple had managed to form an unbreakable friendship. Even Kyle and Casey got along. It was Ruby that helped Casey pluck up the courage to ask Sasha out. He was happy when she accepted and they’d been dating ever since.

”Hey Brax where’s Charlie and Ruby?” he asked. Brax nodded his head in the direction of a room with a closed door. Casey nodded.

”Mother daughter moment?”

”You got it Case!” Brax grinned as he noticed Liam and Bianca across the room with his kids. He excused himself from where the young uns stood and made his way over.

”Well don’t you look beautiful!” he commented on Olivia’s dress as she twirled around uneasily for daddy.

”Well thanks Brax you know I did go to a lot of effort” Liam grinned jokingly while Bianca slapped his arm cheekily.

”Da!” 18month old Noah shouted happily pulling away at his uncomfortable little suit.

”Noo noo!” Olivia corrected her little brother who stood beside her. ”Is dada no Da!”

The toddlers giggled. Olivia held out a small hand to her half brother who took it as the pair took off running round the room at high speed. Brax patted both of their heads before they escaped watching proudly as the kids ran off giggling around the room.

”Is she nervous?” Bianca asked smoothing down the crisp white dress that showed off the slight baby bump she possessed.

”Who Ruby or Charlie?” Brax asked as the three adults shared a laugh. ”I think Charlie’s more afraid to let Ruby go”

”It’s scary isn’t it. I remember when she was in school studying for her HSC with a passion for music. She’s matured a lot in the past few years” Liam grinned wrapping his arms around Bianca before being interrupted by Olivia.

”Dada where mama?”

”She’s making Ruby all pretty to get married”

“Rube” Olivia grinned showing off her baby teeth. ”Dada up!”

Brax pulled a face earning a little laugh from Olivia but then picked her up in the air high up over her head. She squealed at first and kicked her legs before becoming a little scared.

“Daddy noooo!” she Olivia squealed.

”You’re works definitely cut out there mate!” Liam joked with Brax. ”Little miss diva over here” he tickled Olivia’s chin as she squealed. Brax kissed his little girl on the cheek before lowering her to the ground.

”Go get Noah, Liv. Next to April”

”APILLL” the young girl hollered at the top of her lungs. ”Dada wan Noah!” she held out her hand to her brother once more as the pair ran back unsteadily to where Brax stood.

”Hey so I think I’m going to go see the groom. I think this is the part I’m supposed to do the warning the boy if he ever hurts her I’ll kill him”

”Oh I think Kyle knows that!” Bianca grinned patting Brax on the arm. ”I’m going to miss you, Charlie and the kids like loads”

”Well you know you, Liam and baby are always free to visit. And who says we’ll stay away from this place forever. Not when there’s a certain blonde character who’ll be ringing my gorgeous girlfriend every five minutes.

”Hey I never said every five minutes. Perhaps every ten god I’m not a stalker” she stuck her tongue out playfully punching Brax. Brax grinned at Liam and Bianca before checking his watch.

”I better go see if they’ve finished the mother-daughter moment. Here take the kids will ya and could you tell everyone to take their seats?”

”Yep no problem” the loved up couple grinned before taking on the tasks as instructed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brax burst into the room as Charlie and Ruby hugged one another tightly.

”I love you mummy” Ruby sobbed into her mother’s hair. Charlie shushed her baby girl tightly before drying her own eyes.

”I love you too baby so so much. You’re always going to be my baby girl no matter what”

”Hey. Erm Rubes, Charles it’s time to go.” the mother and daughter glanced at Brax, dried their eyes and on their faces appeared smiles so wide Brax thought their cheeks were about to burst.

”You ready baby?” Charlie asked her daughter.

”As ready as I’ll ever be” Ruby held her mother’s hand tightly. ”I’m going to miss you guys when you leave”

”And we’re going to miss you too Rubes. So much but you’re my baby girl and we’ve been through a lot together and now I can’t believe my gorgeous girl is getting married.”

”Do you think i’m making the right choice?”

”Of course. You and Kyle are perfect for each other. He thinks the world of you and I know you think the world of him too”

”Yeah I do” She bit her lip. ”I’m glad I wore waterproof mascara”

The girls laughed still holding hands.

”We better go” Charlie glanced at the clock on the wall.

”Yeah we should” Ruby walked out of the room holding her mums hand and a bouquet of flowers in her other arm. Charlie linked her daughters arm as Brax took Ruby’s other arm. Brax was to give her away and Charlie was to follow April, Indi and Sasha with Olivia and Noah. Bianca came over hand in hand with both kids before handing them over to Charlie. She smiled at Ruby.

”You’re beautiful gorgeous” she gushed happily. ”You know that once your mother sells us out for Perth then you’re welcome over anytime. You’re like my adopted daughter sweetheart”

”Thanks Bianca” Ruby grinned warmly at her before giving Bianca a hug.

”Please god don’t make me cry slightly younger Buckton! I’m not good in emotional situations”

”Ha true” Charlie cheekily remembered the tears Bianca cried when Charlie told her she was moving to Perth. Bianca grinned smugly.

”I don’t know what you’re laughing at! I’m dragging Liam to Perth every blimming holiday I get!”

”Good! Charlie grinned as she glanced down at Olivia and Noah. ”Guys is Ruby pretty?”

”Yaah” Noah giggled excitedly as he nodded.

”Boot- iful Ubes” Olivia commented admiring her sister’s light brown curly hair. ”Mama up!

Charlie picked her youngest daughter up and supported her on her waist holding out her other hand to Noah. Charlie looked at him as her own son. He looked all Brax, not even inherited a trait of his mum. Charlie wondered whether it was for the best. She didn’t know what the future held – whether one day they would tell Noah about Tegan but she knew that Brax had no plans to ever tell him. To Brax, he was Noah’s dad and Charlie was Noah’s mum. Tegan’s name was never mentioned. Charlie often wondered about how she was settling in. Did she ever miss Noah? But as occasions passed and no cards were sent forward, Charlie knew she’d tried her hardest to forget and she’d respect her for that. Charlie felt guilty for the pain she’d caused the girl but she loved Brax, Brax loved her. It was really that simple.

The music starting playing softly, with Liam on his guitar playing a beautiful slow melody. Charlie placed Olivia down on the floor holding out her other hand so Olivia could take it. Brax linked Ruby’s arm and squeezed her tightly for moral support.

”Good luck Rubes”

”Thanks. For everything. You’ve been like a dad to me and I love you so much”

”I love you too Rubes and I know you and Kyle will be very happy together” Brax grinned at the girl as Liam began to sing, notifying them that they had to begin to walk. Ruby grinned walking by the faces she knew and loved all grinning back at her. Old friends past and present came: Nicole, Angelo and a not so little George watched proudly. Brax smiled at Angelo and Angelo smiled back. He knew now that Brax made Charlie happy and that they were good together and he was happy for them. Brax continued to walk Ruby down the aisle smiling at everyone he’d gotten to know and love. Once they’d reached a very proud Kyle, Brax let Ruby go kissing her on the cheek before giving her hand to her soon-to-be husband. Brax smiled and Kyle who was fixated on how beautiful his fiancé looked. The three bridesmaids’s gushed their friends gorgeous appearance as they walked behind her and Brax again smiling at all the locals. The three girls wore gorgeous peach coloured dresses and held bouquets of flowers in their hand. Their hair was curled and clipped at the side so it cascading down the front of their shoulders. And finally Charlie came holding hands with her two toddler children as the youngsters waved at the people sitting down on the chairs. Charlie took her seat in between Brax and April. Brax lifted Noah up onto his knee and Charlie lifted Olivia up onto hers. Elijah began the ceremony...

”And do you Kyle James Henderson take Ruby Michelle Buckton to be your lawfully wedded wife. To have and to hold, to love and to cherish from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and health as long as you both shall live?”

”I do” the guy stammered as he placed the ring onto her finger. Charlie began crying as Olivia patted her eyes.

”Mama no cry” she whispered patting Charlie’s cheeks. Charlie smiled cuddling her baby girl close as the ceremony continued.

” And do you Ruby Michelle Buckton take Kyle James Henderson to be your lawfully wedded husband. To have and to hold, to love and to cherish from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and health as long as you both shall live?”

”I do” she grinned placing the ring on his finger as the pair gazed lovingly into each others eyes.

”You have declared your love in front of witnesses gathered here today. It is now my pleasure to announce that you are man and wife. You may kiss the bride”

The entire room exploded into cheers as Ruby and Kyle shared a tender loving kiss. Both were crying as they gazed up into each other’s eyes. Ruby glanced around at the ceremony, noticing all her female friends were crying tears of joy. Even her guy friends were struggling not to cry. Her mum was in floods of tears as Olivia and Noah came up cuddling Kyle’s legs.

”Hey kiddo’s” Kyle grinned as he sweeped both up, one in each arm. The pair giggled as Brax took them off his hands.

”Congratulations guys. Lovely ceremony” he grinned as he wiped a few tears away from his eyes. ”If you hurt her I will kill you!”

Kyle laughed wrapping an arm around his newly pronounced wife.

”I’m never going to hurt her. I promise”

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the comments :wub: last part up! Sorry its been like a full month but I just got inspired to write. Sorry its a bit rushed xx

Chapter 42

18 MONTHS LATER. (PART TWO OF TWO)

The party was in full swing back at the restaurant which was now under new ownership. It hurt Brax being in the place he once owned to find it under someone else’s control but he knew he had to do if if he wanted a chance to keep Noah. He didn’t blame Tegan for needing the money. He just did what he had to do especially when she told him that she didn’t love Noah and she never would. Charlie came up and wrapped her arms around her boyfriend’s waist as he turned and kissed her. Ruby and Kyle were surrounding by friends generally chatting as Kyle’s arm never left Ruby’s waist. Olivia and Noah were the centre of attention, Olivia lay cuddled into Irene who smothered the youngster in kisses and Noah was being cradled by April as she chatted to the happy couple with others. Bianca and Liam joined Charlie and Brax the four of them glancing over at the happy couple.

”Guess we all got out happy ending huh?” Bianca grinned prising Charlie away from Brax’s grip. ”Ruby and Kyle, you guys, Me and Liam, April and Dex”

”Yeah we all did” Charlie happily sighed. ”I’m going to miss everyone so much”

”We’re all going to miss you like crazy Charles” Bianca held her best friends hands. ”I already told Brax I’ll be ringing you at least 5 times a day probably more once it gets close to my due date!”

”Yes we’re definitely coming back down to meet the bub when he or she makes their way into the world! And you guys are always welcome up in Perth you know that right?”

”My planner of school holiday is booked with trips to Perth! Bianca laughed. ”You’re going to wish you never said that!

”Hmmmmm try me” Charlie grinned cheekily almost too determined not to cry. ”I can’t believe my baby girl is a married woman”

”I know I was saying it was only yesterday when she was in school and I was teaching her how to play the guitar. Now it’s been what 5 years? Time definitely passes too quick Liam chirped in.

”I agree. Soon enough you guys will have a baby and then he or she will grow up so fast and it’s favourite unofficial auntie won’t be able to see it grow up” Charlie teared up at the thought. ”I wish everyone could move to Perth with us”

”So do I! But you have an amazing oppurtunity window with you and Brax being able to run a new restaurant together. You can split your time between the kids and make it into a real family business. Besides the house is massive and it has a pool! Me and Ruby will practically be living with you"

”Thanks Bianca” Brax smiled as he glanced over at the happy couple who were making their way over.

”Congratulations guys!” Bianca hugged them both in turn as tears brimmed in her eyes. ”Where are you going on your honeymoon?”

”I don’t actually know” Ruby admitted. ”He’s surprising me”

”Awwww that’s so romantic. Ruby go away so Kyle can tell me where he’s taking you”

”No Bianca. If I don’t know then no-one else get’s to know either” Ruby grinned.

”I just want to keep things a surprise for my beautiful wife” he replied kissing her on the lips. April, Indi, Sasha and Noah joined the crowd. ”Hey little guy you tired?”

”Yeah” Noah nodded rubbing his eyes and sobbing a little. April passed him over to Kyle.

”Don’t you look handsome in your little suit buddy”

”Yeah” Noah replied sleepily as he rested his head on Kyle’s chest as Kyle rocked him back and forth.

”Charlie it looks like we’re going to have to set off soon, if we want to get there before it’s the next day” Brax whispered into Charlie’s ear. Charlie nodded fearing this second was coming although she didn’t want it to. Brax held her hand for a few moments before going off to collect the kids. The car was packed up all their furniture and everything had been moved earlier in the big removal van. Leah’s house was now practically empty, considering Leah no longer lived there and had moved into Summer Bay House with Miles, VJ, Marilyn and Alf. Ruby and Kyle had moved into the flat that the three Braxton brothers once lived in not so long ago as soon as they heard Charlie and Brax were re-locating. Ruby looked at her mum who nodded. They both knew it was time to say goodbye. But first Ruby clinked her glass of champagne.

”Speech time!” Everyone grinned and quietened down as Ruby who never was one to possess nerves began biting her lip looking round at the crowd wearing a long beautiful white dress.

”Well uhm. Today’s been possibly the best day of my life. I got married to the guy I love, my girl Nicole came down from the city to see me and most of all is I got to spend the day with those I love and those I’m going to miss. Now as you probably all know I never knew Charlie was my mum until I was fifteen and then a few years after that she left for the city to have my gorgeous little sister but I am so happy that she’s back and that she’s found her true love with Brax and with their gorgeous kids Liv and Noah. Mum your an inspiration to me. We’ve laughed together, we’ve cried together and even though Bianca swears down she’ll miss you most, it’s not even as close to how much I’m going to miss you.”

”Awww” Bianca turned to Charlie and grinned as tears streamed down Charlie’s face.

”And Brax well we’ve been up and down. After mum left we didn’t really speak much and I never knew why until she came back. It’s obvious to anyone how much you love her and I know you’re going to love her forever. You’re like a dad to me and I hope I’m like a daughter to you. You’re a great father and Summer Bay just isn’t going to be the same without you guys” she dried her eyes with her hand as Kyle wrapped his arms round her waist.

”Here here” Casey called out as the crowd laughed. He walked over to Charlie and Brax hand in hand with Sasha

”Well Charlie that long time ago when he’d return home with a dopey looking smile on his face I never even thought that it would be you that made him so happy” he grinned. ”I’m really going to miss you guys and my niece and nephew!” he glanced over to where Ruby had both Olivia and Noah in her arms.

”Keep in touch yeah?”

”Of course Case. And you’re welcome up anytime you know that we’re going to miss you too” Charlie grinned at Casey before hugging him suddenly. ”I’m glad we got to see you before we go and you got to know Liv and Noah”

”Yeah me too. They’re good kids, they’re gonna do you so proud”

”They already do” Charlie gushed.

”Hey I know we haven’t really spoken lots but i hope you really settle in up in Perth. Ruby’s right this place isn’t going to be the same without you. Thanks for giving me the waitressing job Brax it really means a lot and working at this place isn’t going to be the same.” Sasha smiled as she lay in Casey’s arms. Charlie and Brax thanked her for her kind words before her and Casey went to say goodbye to the kids. Bianca turned to Charlie.

”I swore myself I wouldn’t cry!” She said dabbing a handkerchief around her face. ”My make-ups running and I look a right mess but I don’t care because my best friend is leaving me and I don’t want her to go” Bianca tried to smile but couldn’t. ”I love you Charles, and we are going to stay in touch you don’t have a choice in the matter. I’m going to be there for Ruby whenever she needs me and I hope you realise that wherever you are I’m always going to be here for you and Brax and the kids too. You’re a great mum and you’re a great friend...” Bianca cried some more. ”And I’m too emotional even to finish!” She grinned as Charlie took her hands.

”I love you Bianca. We’ve been through a lot and I know that you’re going to be one hell of a mum. I’m going to keep in contact everyday and every night we’re going to trade mothering tips and everything even if I’m not here physically for you I’m always always going to be thinking about Rubes, you guys and the bub. I love you so much babes”

The two women wrapped each other in a bear styled hug both refusing to let go. Liam turned to Brax.

”Good luck mate! Perth’s going to love you” he grinned patting him on the back.

”Yeah thanks and good luck for becoming a dad. You and Bee deserve true happiness”

”Thanks mate” Liam grinned as Olivia came up to Brax and pulled on his trouser leg. Brax stared down on the little girl’s indignant face.

”Why mama sad?” she peered with her big blue eyes. ”Why bee sad, Why ooby sad?” she bit her lip sweetly. ”Dada up!”

”Everybody’s sad because we’re going to go and live in a new house which means we won’t get to see Bianca or Ruby every day baby”

”Mama come?” Olivia asked worriedly. Brax nodded. ”Why mama sad then dada?”

”Because she’s going to miss everyone sweetie” Brax kissed the top of her hair. ”Are you going to say goodbye to everyone?”

The little girl wondered for a moment over her daddy’s words. ”YEAHH” she grinned happily. ”Dada down!”

Brax let the little girl go out of his arms while she ran around the restauraunt shouting bye at the top of her lungs. Charlie and Bianca broke off from the hug,

Charlie had already began saying goodbye to the likes of Irene, Colleen, Alf, Sid, Roo. Brax saw Ruby crying into Kyle’s arms.

”Rubes” Brax smiled weakly as she turned to face him with tears in her eyes.

”I’m going to miss you so much” She wrapped her arms around Brax’s neck. ”But you’re going to be fantastic owning a new business and I wish you all the success. You’ve been great to mum and you’re really made her feel special. You guys really make a great couple”

”Thanks Rubes” he smiled warmly. ”And if you ever need any fatherly advice...” he scratched his head before continuing. ”Then I’m always here, I mean I know I’m not your real dad but I hope I’ve treated ya like one of my own”

Ruby nodded and mouthed thanks, too upset to even form words properly. Charlie made her way over to talk to Ruby while Brax beckoned Kyle away.

”Don’t hurt her. She’s a special kid” he jokingly warned.

”I have no intention to. Thanks for everything Brax I hope you and Charlie have all the success in the world. You deserve it”

”Thanks. Hey who would have thought a secret relationship would turn out so good?”

”Well once you’ve found the one mate you just know that you want to be with them at all times. That you miss them whenever they’re not around. That when you look at her face she’s the one you want to spend the rest of your life with. That’s how I feel about my gorgeous wife, and any idiot can see that you and Charlie both feel the same way” He held out his hand so that Brax could shake it. ”Good luck”{/i]

”Yeah you too. And have a great honeymoon. No doubt Rubes will be on the phone to Charlie when she get’s back to tell her how it was” Brax grinned. The

pair laughed. Ruby and Charlie dried they’re eyes as Charlie pulled her daughter back in for another hug.

”I love you baby” she whispered. ”And if you ever need any money or any help or a holiday or anything at all, a girly chat whatever. I am always always here for you”

”I know mum” Ruby grinned. ”Now go before I begin crying again”

”Okay” Charlie let go of her daughters hand and found Brax’s hand.

”You ready Charlie?” Brax asked. She squeezed his hand for support.

”Yeah” she smiled looking at her daughter and her new husband. ”Let’s go begin another chapter in our lives”

Olivia came running behind them and Charlie picked up her daughter. April carried over a fast asleep Noah.

[

i]”Good luck guys”

”You too April. Take care of yourself and your sister for me will you” Charlie asked giving the girl a quick hug which proved awkward as she had a 2 and a half year old attached to her hip. April went over to Ruby and the best friends wrapped their arms around each other. Bianca came up and whispered in Charlie’s ear.

”The Scott and Buckton friendship lives on”

”Henderson” Charlie cheekily corrected her. ”My daughters a married woman!” She smiled mouthing goodbye once more.

”Bye bee” Olivia yawned lazily. ”Wuv you”

”Love you too kidda. Be good for mum and dad yeah?”

”Yep” Olivia yawned again before resting her head on Charlie’s shoulders.

Brax and Charlie looked at one another signalling it was time to go. They smiled around at their friends and families with the kids in their arms.

”Time to go”

”Yep it really is” Charlie smiled a little sad. She kissed Ruby’s forehead once more then the pair waved goodbye to the people they knew at loved. The crowd followed as Charlie and Brax placed the sleeping kids in the back of the car. Charlie turned around to face the crowds the lights made the tears glisten in her eyes. She blew kisses, trying not to run over and have them force her in to staying. Brax’s arms went around her shoulder protectively.

”You ready baby?” He nuzzled against her hair. Charlie leant back and looked up in to his eyes.

”Let’s go”

With a few more waves, they stepped in to the car and turned the engine off. They began to drive slowly away hearing the shouts and screams of goodbyes and good lucks from those they knew and loved. Brax placed his hand on top of Charlie’s hand.

”I love you he smiled stroking her fingers with his thumb. ”I want to spend the rest of my life with you”

”I love you too” Charlie smiled back and Brax turned his attention back to the read. Before long they were out of distance from their friends and family, out of Summer Bay and onto the road of surprises. What would the future hold for them? Well we’ll never know.

Comments

Archived