Sworn To Secrecy

Guest Lucii

Thanks for the comments :) I hope you enjoy this next chapter although I'm not so sure. Looking back I've realised that I haven't really introduced Kle properly he's just always been there with Ruby but I hope that things will all tie together before the end of the story :)

Chapter 31

"Charlie?" Ruby called out her mums name as she ran into the living room with tears in her eyes. Kneeling down beside her daughter she cupped Ruby's face with her hands.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, sorry" she sobbed in-between breaths. "I'm sorry" she whispered as she leant against Ruby for some kind of emotional support .

Ruby stroked her mum's hair as she sobbed into her shoulder. "Charlie what are you sorry for?"

"For leaving" Charlie sobbed. "It was stupid and selfish and it's my biggest regret" she began to hiccup. Olivia began crying in Kyle's arms who stood up.

"I'll take her out" he flashed a sympathetic smile at Charlie before walking out leaving the mother daughter duo to talk.

"Charlie what happened?" Ruby asked taking her mums hands into her own. "Charlie tell me"

"Tegan's right I am a bad mum" the tears in Charlie's eyes shone as she looked into Ruby's. "I left you at the most important time"

"But you're back now that's all that matters and Tegan had no right! I'm going to speak to her" She rose angrily as Charlie grabbed her arm.

"Ruby baby" she begged her daughter to sit down. Ruby gave in, wrapping her arms around Charlie's head as she tried to soothe her mothers cries

---------------------------------------------------------

"Jesus Tegan that was low" Brax could barely look her in the eye.

"And you really think I care?" Tegan asked her head rested against a pillow. "We wouldn't be in this mess if it wasn't for her..."

"I love her" Brax interrupted. "I always did"

"What about me? And all those times you told me you loved me how about that Brax?" Tegan raised her voice, the tears flowing down her cheeks. "I have done nothing but love you"

"You tried to get her to leave again" Brax stood up, shouting angrily.

"So me and you could work. I did it for us"

"We have a daughter together how dare you"

"And what about now? I'm pregnant Brax and you don't seem to care. So why don't you go home and play happy families" Tegan glared coldly at Brax.

"We need to talk about the baby"

"I don't want it and you don't want it"

"I never said that"

"You implied it" Tegan turned her back away from him. "Our kid would always be second best to a kid thats half her"

"Don't start with that" Brax shot Tegan an evil look. "I'd love our kid the exact same"

"We're not having a kid I'm just another glitch in your quest for happy ever after. Well congratulations Brax you got the princess and the kid, but where does that leave me?"

"I...I...I" Brax was at a loss for words.

"Just go I don't want to talk to you" Tegan opened the door, closing it behind Brax as he left. Sighing, she collapsed on her bed, allowing fresh tears to fall over her dried tears. Her body curled up into a ball, her hands cupped over her stomach as she tried to figure out what to do next.

------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey Ruby hows your mum?" Kyle asked as Ruby sat beside him on the porch where he held Liv. "If you want me to go and leave you to it...I feel like i'm intruding and I've only known you're mum a few weeks" he flashed his girl a smile as he kissed her on the cheek.

"Charlie's fine" Ruby smiled. "Thanks for everything baby"

"Oh so we're moving onto the coupley names are we?" he leant in further, after placing Olivia in her basket.

"You think it's too soon?" Ruby asked to which her reply was a gently kiss on the lips.

"Nah" he whispered his reply with his eyes shut only to be interrupted with a cough from Brax.

"Hey Rubes, Kyle. Is she inside?"

"Yeah she is. She was in a mess before though I don't know what Tegan said to her but she had no right" Ruby rose her voice.

"I'll sort it" Brax scratched his head. "Or I'll try my damn hardest too anyway" he smiled awkwardly taking the basket with his daughter inside and heading into the house.

"It must be hard for both of them" Kyle spoke as Ruby sat on his knee. "They've only just got back together and now this"

"I know" Ruby shrugged. "None of us knew they were together. Infact I was seeing Brax's brother when him and Charlie were together"

"Oh" Kyle found he was lost for words.

"I know it sounds strange" Ruby smiled. "But me and Casey didn't know anything at the time"

"Well I suppose that doesn't make it sound that strange. So why did you break up?" Kyle asked.

"After Charlie left things changed, Brax went all weird on me and it's only now I realised why. He told Casey to stop seeing me but for a while it was a secret. Then we began drifting apart until we decided there was no point"

"And what about now?" Kyle asked. "Where is he now?"

"He's at university in Melbourne" Ruby smiled. "After passing the HSC he decided he wanted to be a teacher like Miles who inspired him to pass so he headed to UNI there and he lives there"

"Good on him so do you like still speak to him?"

"Hey are you jealous?" Ruby teased.

"No" Kyle grinned.

"We chat occasionally but nothing major. We're like besties" Ruby smiled clocking the look that came across her boyfriends face. "He's got a girlfriend you don't have to worry"

"I wasn't worried!" Kyle buried his face into her neck. "You're just soo hot and I still can't believe that you're mine"

"Well, start believin" She grinned leaning in to passionately kiss her boyfriend on the lips.

"I love you" Kyle studied Ruby's face for a reaction.

"I love you too" she responded happily wrapping herarms around his neck as the love struck pair gazed into each others eyes passionately.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the comments :) xx

Chapter 32

"Hey April" Ruby yelled across the diner from where she and Kyle were sitting the next day. The brunette turned and waved, walking over to the loving couple.

"Hey feels like I've not seen you in agessss" April dragged out the last word to emphasise how much she'd been missing her bestfriend. A guilty look came across Ruby's face.

"I'm sorry it's just between work, uni, then Charlie coming back with a baby, I've not really had time for much else"

"It's alright" April smiled. "So you guys finally got it together then?"

"Huh?" Kyle asked his eyebrows waggling.

"Come on Kyle everyone could see you two were crazy about each other" April grinned. "Hows Charlie and erm you know" April pointed to her own

stomach then mimed rocking a baby incase Colleen was in hearing distance.

"She's not good" Ruby had a serious tone on her face. "Tegan said some really hurtful things"

"Look I don't want to get caught up in this but this is a bad thing for both of them. She's not stopepd crying for weeks it's not good for the baby"

April forgot to mime this time ironically as Colleen came to serve the group.

"What's this about a baby?" Colleen asked nosily as she placed the two coffees infront of Kyle and Ruby. She turned to April her eyes full of glee.

"It's nothing" April smiled as Ruby glared at Colleen. Knowing she wasn't going to get any more out of the girl she turned away, glancing over every now and then just incase any new information came about. Tegan walked into the diner next, her eyes puffy and red-raw from crying the previous night. She clocked Ruby, April and Kyle and tried to turn around to escape the glares she had a feeling she'd be recieving of Ruby. Colleen stopped her, interrupting any hope of escaping quietly.

"Oh Tegan you look terrible" Colleen gasped at the sight.

Hearing Tegan's name April and Ruby turned to look at where Tegan was trying to fend a mothering Colleen off. Ruby stood up and walked over, despite both

Kyle's and April's claims for her to leave things alone. Tegan turned around feleing a presence approaching her from behind. She sighed seeing it was Ruby and not April considering April and Irene were near enough the only people who felt sorry for her.

"What do you want?" Tegan spoke bitterly although she'd never muttered more than a few words to Ruby in her life.

"What you said to Charlie was pathetic" she glared standing over Tegan who blanked her.

"Obviously not content with Brax fighting her battles now she's got you too"

"Charlie knows nothing about this infact she told me not to bother. But that was low"

"I'm pregnant with his baby and you're telling me that I'm low. What about him huh?" she stood up demanding. "He's the low one who moved on from her with me five seconds after she left and moved back to her as soon as she came back"

"They love each other they have a baby"

"I love him and I'm having his baby. So you can try point score for each team but we're in the exact same boat"

"Yeah except Brax loves Charlie and not you" Ruby blurted out not even sorry for her words. Kyle approached them, smiling weakly at Tegan and taking his girlfriends hand.

"Ruby come on you know Charlie doesn't want this"

"The whole situation is just frustrating" Ruby waggled her hands before leaning her head on his chest. Colleen overheard the entire show down, grinning gleefully to herself. Darryl Braxton and two kids born within a year of each other to different women? Colleen took her apron off, muttered a few words to Indi about not feeling well and rushed out of the diner to phone Madge Wilkins.

"It's frustrating for me. You think I want to be round here"

"Then why are you?"

"Until I figure out what's happening with this I'm staying. After I'm moving away somewhere, anywhere away from her playing happy families"

"Yeah well decide quickly" Ruby responded leaning in until she was close to Tegan's ear. "The sooner this problem is removed from our lives, the better" she continued coldly before walking out the diner, leaving Tegan to blink back the tears she didn't want to cry.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile back at home, Liv was napping which meant Brax was doing his best to make Charlie forget about the previous night. He came from the kitchen armed with a litre of ice-cream to which Charlie groaned.

"Brax I'm not fifteen and I haven't been dumped. I don't need ice-cream" she replied banging her head against the sofa in frustration.

"What are you talking about? This is mine" Brax cheekily replied sitting as close to Charlie as possible and holding out two spoons. "Well it's for the both of us"

"Hey guys" Leah yelled returning home for a brief visit. "Is what I heard true?"

"What do you mean?" Charlie asked turning to face Leah.

"Tegan pregnant?"' Leah responded. "Colleen came rushing by with news to tell" she groaned before noticing the change in expressions on both their faces. "Oh god it's true" she held her hands up to her mouth.

"Yeah sure is" Charlie sighed.

"So what's going to happen?"

"We don't know" Brax answered for both of them. "She wants to look into adoption"

"And you're alright with that?"

"I don't know" he truthfully admitted. "It's just a mess"

"So she's adamant about not keeping the baby herself?"

"Yep it's adoption or we raise the baby" Brax sighed.

"Don't you want that?"

"Course I would" Brax sighed again answering Leah's question. "But life isn't that simple eh?" he turned to Charlie who bit her lip.

"I need some air" she announced walking out of the room. She was done with the baby talk and talk of keeping and raising the baby as her own seemed an idea too crazy to be real.

Thanks for the comments hope this is okay :) it's a little rushed though :( x

Chapter 33

Charlie stabbed sticks into the sand repeatedly as the tears rolled down her face. She was angry, upset a little frustrated at the prospect of what Tegan was

putting Brax through. She was angry at herself for running away in the first place because if she hadn't everything would have been a lot better. Joey came up and sat beside Charlie, casuing Charlie to groan a little as she noticed Joey's figure.

"What do you want?" she spoke coldly and cruelly to her ex flame who was making things a whole lot worse especially being Tegan's friend.

"You know what Charlie I used to like you, maybe I even loved you. But now I feel sorry for you" Joey glared down on the sand not daring to look into

Charlie's eyes.

"Well thanks for your kind words" She pushed herself up of the ground and began to walk away. Joey watched her.

"Charlie come back please" she practically begged her.

"Why should I? So you can bang out about how bad Tegan's feeling?"

"At the end of the day Brax is your guy. You're just being a selfish cow"

The words hut Charlie like a slap across the face. Joey began to walk over until she was facing her.

"She's alone and she's scared. Do you really think she wanted this? Do you?"

"She's not alone she's got Irene and you and April"

"Yeah while you've got a ready made family and friends even after being away for a year. Put yourself in her position. What if it was you?"

"Well it isn't me" Charlie snapped.

"I never knew you could be so heartless" Joey yelled slightly. "What about Brax eh? He's in the hardest position of all"

"You don't know the things she said to me last night" Charlie gazed directly into Joey's eyes. "And now she's given Brax this decision to keep her baby and raise it as our own or she'll put it up for adoption"

"How much do you love Brax?" Joey asked, searching Charlie's eyes for an answer. Charlie bit her lip, blushed slightly at the mention of his name.

"A lot"

"Do you really think he'll cope losing a kid?" Joey asked. "If you hadn't had come back Brax wouldn't know he even had a daughter"

Charlie glanced off into the distance, her mind occupied with guilty thoughts. What Joey said was true if she hadn't returned Brax wouldn't know about Liv, Ruby wouldn't either for that matter.

"I can't raise her kid" she truthfully admitted.

"The kids you've got have been born out of the worst circumstances ever and I feel for you Charlie I do. But maybe this is your chance to have another baby with Brax and become this family type that deep inside you've wanted for so long. If you love Brax you can see that he'll want to do right by this kid but he won't unless he's got your support"

Charlie nodded, a weak smile forming accross her face as she thought of how happy Brax would be.

"Tegan's my friend and she's a good person. Yeah I know recently it might not seem like it and I know that you and Brax don't want this but neither does she" Joey smiled. "Nobody's asking you to become best friends or anything..."

"Just for me to keep her baby and raise it as my own"

"Remember it's Brax's baby too. He loves you and your kid so why would that change when another kid is born?"

"You're right" Charlie hated to admit it but Joey was. She had been selfish putting her own needs and demands before Brax's. Smiling at Joey she excused herself before heading off in the direction of home.

---------------------------------------------------------

"Brax?" Charlie called out into the seemingly empty house. His voice came from her bedroom as Charlie followed it until she saw him rocking his baby girl to sleep. He turned around and smiled, before shushing Charlie.

"I don't want her to wake again. Come here she looks just like you"

Smiling, Charlie wrapepd her arms around Brax's waist, gently kissing his arm as he cradled their baby. He placed her down in the cotand turned to face Charlie.

"Let's do it" she spoke, a huge smile appearing over her face.

"Do what?" he asked in confusion as his arms wrapped tighter round his girlfriends waist.

"Keep Tegan's baby" she smiled rubbing her arms up an down his back. "I'm not saying it'll be an easy ride but I'll do my best for you because I love you and I don't want you to hate me down the track" she glanced up to look into his eyes. "What do you think?"

"I think that somehow you make me fall a little bit more in love with you everyday"[/i[ he whispered, kissing her forehead. "Thankyou, you really don't know how much I appreaciate this" he squeezed her tightly before lifting her off the ground causing Charlie to giggle before demanding to be put down.

"Brax....baby....BRAX!" she warned resulting in a sudden plong on the ground.

"Thankyou" he whispered once more as tears of happiness rolled down his cheeks. He rested his head against Charlie's shoulder. "I'm not sad I'm

really really happy" he sobbed.

Charlie smiled as she thought about the impact this was going to have on her life. She couldn't bring herself to look at Tegan but knowing that raising her baby would make Brax happy she knew it would be the right thing to do. Whether it would be as easy as that though...would be a completely different story...

Thanks for the comments :) Really appreciated and hope you enjoy this chapter xx

Chapter 34

"You should eh probably go tell her" Charlie whispered into Brax's ear later that evening.

"Are you sure you're okay with this Charlie?" Brax asked wrapping his arms round her waist. "Because we've only just got back together and you're

right it's a huge thing to adjust to"

"It's difficult but I love you. You deserve a chance to know your child and Olivia deserves to know her half siblings"

"You sure you're not going to hate me somewhere down the track"

"I could never hate you now go tell her" Charlie smiled as Ruby came in the room.

"Tell who what?" she asked. Standing up Brax excused himself and went to Irene's.

"Rubes sit down" Charlie spoke with a serious look on her face.

"Charlie what's going on?" She sighed taking a seat. Charlie took a deep breath and began.

"Brax and I...well we've decided to keep Tegan's baby"

"WHAT?" Ruby shrieked. "Charlie that is insane!" she began to babble all the things that were wrong with Charlie's decision but Charlie stopped her.

"Please this is difficult enough as it is"

"Then why?"

"I love him and he's accepted you so why shouldn't I accept this kid"

"That's different I was sixteen when you and Brax met I didn't need to be raised. But this kid will thing that you are it's mum Charlie"

"I know" Charlie nodded. "It was just an accident"

"Do you remember some of the things she said to you?" Ruby shook her head with disgust. "Charlie please think about this"

"I have Rubes and I know it will be difficult but I want this to work and I don't want Brax to hate me"

"You'll be raising another baby Charlie thats a huge thing to deal with"Ruby raised her voice slightly.

"I know okay? I know that Ruby" Charlie tried to reason with her daughter. "But this is finally our chance to be a real family with the four of us and a new baby and that's all I wanted"

"Charlie this is wrong you can't just raise another woman's baby" Ruby sulked a little.

"She doesn't want her baby and I can't see a baby going up for adoption because of me it's not fair"

"But Charlie"

"No Ruby" Charlie raised her voice. "I've made up my mind"

"And what about everyone else? There's hardly enoguh room in this place for Olivia and now you're raising another baby"

"Well we can't stay at Leah's forever"

"So what you're just going to move out?"[/i

"It's not like we have a choice"

"Whatever. I'm going for a surf" Ruby brushed passed her mum grabbed her board out of the room banging the door shut as she left.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey April, Bianca" Brax greeted the two women who sat at Irene's. "Wasn't expecting to see you here Bianca"

"Just popped over to visit the sister" Bianca smiled. "Thinking about going seeing Buckton and baby later if that's okay?"

"Yeah no problem Charlie was just eh talking to Ruby about some stuff" Brax scratched his head. "Baby stuff"

"Tegan's in her room" April said coldly before walking over to the backdoor. "I'm going to find Xavier"

"Oh he's at work..." Brax called out but April appeared not to have heard.

"Ignore her typical teenager"

"She's close to Tegan though isn't she?" Brax sighed.

"She lives with her. I'd hardly call them best friends" Bianca rolled her eyes. "She's just concerned for her" she smiled. "You want a coffee?" she asked. Brax shook his head.

"Nah I'm eh going to go see Tegan. She gave me and Charlie the decision to keep the baby or it will go up for adoption"

"That's a tough decision to make" Bianca sympathised. "Easy for you but for Charlie..."

"Yeah it was tough but we've decided to keep it and raise it as our own" Brax couldn't help the huge grin that came over his face. Bianca looked taken aback.

"You serious?" she gasped. "Woah I er think I'll go speak to Charlie" she excused herself. "Like April said, Tegan's in her room and er congratulations?" she smiled walking out the room leavign Brax to glance up at the stairs. There was no crying which relieved Brax. Infact there was the slight background noise of a television. Brax knocked gently on Tegan's door.

"Come in" he heard her say with such an emotionless tone in her voice. He entered the room to find she was watching TV.

"What do you want?" the twinge of sadness returned to her voice as she muted the TV screen. "Her eldest kid's already had a go at me today not you too"

"What you said about keeping the baby or giving it up for adoption well we've decided to keep it" he spoke with a solemn face leaving Tegan to absorb the news.

"Oh" Tegan struggled to think of any more words. "Oh" she repeated. "That's erm good"

"I'm sorry for these circumstances Tegan it's just I love Charlie I really do"

"I know everyone can see that I just wish none of this would have happened in the first place when I could have just moved away"

"Moved away?"

"Going to the city figure it's gotta be better than living in this place. It'll hold too many bad memories"

"If you need money I'm happy to help" Brax offered taking pity on her.

"Is that what this is? You're trying to buy our kid off me?"

"No it's just you don't earn a lot of money and soon you'll be moving you'll need a place to stay and that so it's just to help"

"I don't want your pity money Brax" she sighed. "As soon as this is over I'm gone"

"It's not pity money I want to help"

"Why?"

"Because even though the things you did were wrong trying to pay Charlie to leave and that I still ended things badly with you and the circumstances now aren't what you wanted so it's to help" he smiled at his ex who was looking thinner every time he saw her. "You should eat something"

"I'm not hungry" she whispered.

"Please for the baby you haven't drank anything have you?"

"I haven't touched alcohol" she tried to smile but couldn't. "Can you go now please?"

"Okay I hope we can be friends?" Brax dared to ask. Tegan shook her head.

"I don't think that's the best idea do you?" she managed a weak smile. "Goodbye Brax"

"Bye and eh thank you" Brax grinned. "You didn't have to give me a choice at all but I'm glad you did"

"I've seen the way you are with your daughter Brax you want kids and that was never really part of my plan"

Brax nodded, smiled and left the room leaving Tegan to absorb the news. Part of her was glad she didn't have to go through the adoption process and her baby

would be with someone who although hurt her was a good trustworthy guy who'd take the best care for it. Looking down at her stomach she began to notice a

slight bump beginning to stick out of her usually flat stomach. Tegan rested her cool hands on her stomach, lay on her back and slowly drifted off to sleep.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the comments sorry it's been hectic at the moment with everything going on but I will try update regularly considering I want this to be finished soon x

Chapter 35

A few months later outside the hospital.

"Charlie it's me where are you" Brax urgently spoke into his phone as a 20 week pregnant Tegan Callaghan tapped her foot impatiently.

"We haven't got all day you know? Why don't me and you go to the scan"

"We want to find out the sex" Brax groaned as he hung up. Tegan shifted uncomfortably in her seat, pretending to flick through a magazine.

She'd learnt to deal with Charlie being suepr involved coming to the scans, helping her with maternity clothes and even inviting her to pick stuff out for

the baby, but at times it was obviously uncomfortable, although she hated to say it she'd become close to Charlie and life became much simpler around the

bay.

Joey had moved away just a few weeks back and it was Charlie who smiled at her and said she knew what she was going through. Tegan found it tough without

Joey in her life but the pair spoke almost every day. Joey was the least accepting of Charlie and Brax's decision but she knew it was Tegan's decision too.

Tegan never cradled her stomach after Brax told her he was taking the baby. Never spoke to her stomach once either almost as if she didn't want to connect at

all. Every scan they went to she kept her head turned away from the screen as Brax cried and Charlie smiled. Tegan knew Charlie wasn't exactly

open to the idea but as time progressed she got used to the idea.

"SORRY SORRY SORRY" Charlie rushed through the hospital out of breath halting when she saw Brax and Tegan. "The traffic was a nightmare" she

groaned, taking a seat for all of two seconds until the doctor called out their names.

"Hey where's Liv?" Brax asked after his seven month old daughter. If times worked out correctly Olivia and the new baby would be born near enough a

year apart. Brax thought this was the strangest idea ever - a year ago he had no kids but a year later he'd have two.

"Kyle offered to babysit and he said he can work tonight" Charlie smiled. Brax nodded. He liked Kyle a great deal and him, Ruby, Brax, Charlie and

Olivia were fastly coming a tight little family unit.

Tegan perched herself up on the bed as Sid prepared the scan. He smiled at the three and the three smiled back. He'd become used to their situation and it

pleased him how well it seemed to be working out. The entire bay had accepted Charlie and Brax as a couple, although a few had their doubts at first, they

saw how close they were as a family and all doubt was pushed aside.

Sid rubbed the gel over Tegan's belly and waited for an image to appear on the screen. Tegan let out a small ahh as the cold gel was smeared onto her warm

stomach. Brax gripped Charlie's hand, a smile appearing all over his face. Charlie smiled back, truth be told she was excited herself although she wished

that the circumstances were different.

"There you go" Sid beamed as the image appeared up on the screen accompanied by the sound of a heartbeat. "One happy healthy baby" he smiled.

"Do you know the sex of the baby?" Brax asked, gazing at Sid. Tegan bowed her head away from the screen, being no different to any other scan.

"I do, do you want to know?" he smiled clutching the file in his hands.

"Please" Brax grinned, gripping Charlie's hand as tight as possible. He didn't really care about the sex, his main concern was that the baby was

healthy and happy.

"You're having a little boy" Sid smiled. Brax cheered hugging Charlie who wiped a few tears away from her eyes.

"Thank you" Charlie smiled as Sid left the room. Tegan sat upright, a litte quiet from the scan as normal. She turned away from the happy couple.

"I'll see you" she smiled as Brax and Charlie stood up.

"Wait don't you want a lift back with us?" Charlie asked. Tegan shook her head.

"I'll just get a cab" she replied before smiling to hide her upset. Charlie nodded obviously aware of how Tegan felt. She patted her arm

sympathetically.

"Well we'll see you soon yeah?" Charlie smiled as Brax felt for her hand.

"Yep see you soon" Tegans reply was blunt and she couldn't bring herself to make eye contact. She turned away from Brax and Charlie and walked out

the door leaving them to talk.

Brax wrapped his arms around Charlie's waist, kissing her softly on the lips before spinning her round.

"I love you" he smiled. "I love you, Liv, Rubes and my unborn little man"

"I love you too" Charlie replied as Brax came in closer for a hug.

"Why don't we take Olivia to the beach? We could get her a cute little set of armbands and..."

"I hope your joking!" Charlie replied with a worried look on her face. Brax shook his head. "Brax she's seven months old!"

"She'll be fine!"

"I don't care she's not going in water until she's atleast two" Charlie sighed.

"Fine" Brax winked at Charlie knowing he wasn't going to get his own way. "But we'll go to the beach"

"Don't you have work?" Charlie asked as realisation came across Brax's face. He sighed.

"Yep that's right" He groaned. "I told Liam that I'd be back as soon as the scans over and I completely forgot"

"Hey it's fine we can go tomorrow"

"Okay well I'll see you later. Do you want me to bring home dinner?"

"Actually I was going to cook" Charlie studied his face for a reaction.

"I hope your joking" he smiled. "Charlie I love you but er I'll bring home pizza" he grinned as Charlie punched him on the arm.

"Hey it isn't that bad!" she gasped.

"Course it isn't" he smiled before disconnecting his arms from her waist and taking her hand as they walked out of the hospital. "So hows the job

hunting going?"

"Not good" she sighed. Charlie desperately wanted to go back to work especially now Olivia seemed to be growing up so much. The police force was a

dangerous job, something that Charlie didn't want to return to just in case anything was to happen. Besides they wouldn't take her back anyway, not after

they found out about her and Brax. She'd tried work at the diner alongside Ruby and Leah, left embarrassed when Ruby was almost expertise and Charlie

struggled to boil spaghetti. There really was nowhere else to work in the bay.

"You'll find something" Brax kissed the top of her head. "See you later"

"Yep bye" Charlie smiled as she watched her boyfriend walk off into the distance, before heading the opposite way.

Thanks for the comments! They're very much appreciated

Chapter 36

"Hey girl hows the job hunting going?" Bianca asked as she sat down next to Charlie a few days later in the Diner.

"Don't" Charlie groaned as she scanned the paper for any availabilities. "The police force was my life and now..."

"You fell in love and begun your family. Come on Charlie I know which one I'd rather have" Bianca smiled.

"I know and I love being back but everyone in the house is working. Even VJ's got a paper round" Charlie sighed, closing the paper to emphasise there

was nothing in there.

"Aren't VJ and Leah moving out soon?" Bianca asked as she picked up the paper, glanced at the headline and threw it back down again.

"Yeah they're moving into Summer Bay House with Miles" Charlie sighed. "I'm going to miss them"

"It's not like they're moving towns, you'll still see them"

"I know it's just, everything seems to be getting serious pretty quickly"

"What like agreeing to bring up a baby that isn't yours"

"You sound like Ruby" Charlie groaned.

"So she's still not handling the news well"

"Well I don't think she's ecstatic, well neither am I but she's mellowing. She even brought a pair of little blue bootees the other day"

"So it's a boy? Congratulations" Bianca managed a weak smile, still confused as to the length her friend was going to to keep her family.

"Thanks" Charlie smiled back.

"You do want the baby don't you?" Bianca questioned, raising her eyebrows. Charlie gulped.

"The idea is growing on me. Plus I don't have to give birth so I think that's a bonus"

"And Tegan?"

"She's going to live with Joey once the baby is born. I don't think she wants to be here any longer than she has to"

"Well it isn't like she's got much to stay for" Bianca stated. Charlie nodded.

"I love Brax, and I love my girls and for once in my life I have the perfect little family I've dreamed of. I'd do anything to keep it that way"

"I know you would"[/i[ Bianca squeezed Charlie's arm. "And you know I'm always here for you, babysitting Liv or even just for a girly chat"

"Thanks I appreciate it, you know that right?" Charlie asked.

"Of course I do" Bianca grinned. "What are best friends for?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You eat all that up and Olivia' going to be a real strong girl" Ruby cooed as she held the pink baby spoon close to Olivia's mouth.

"There's more food on her bib than what she's eaten" Kyle grinned. "Just think in another few months there'll be another one"

"Yeah I know" Ruby glumly replied, placing the spoon on the table.

"Hey what's up?"

"It's just weird, I managed to get used to having one sibling and now another which technically isn't even related to me..."

"I know but it's Charlie's choice. And I know you want nothing more than for your mum to be happy"

"Yeah you're right" Ruby sighed, kissing Kyle softly on the lips. "So are we still on for dinner tonight?"

"We sure are. I'll go back to the caravan and get changed and then come pick you up?"

"Why don't you move in here once Leah and VJ move out?" Ruby suggested. "It's not like we don't have the room, if we shared, mum and Brax shared,

then there's still two rooms left for Liv and the baby"

"You really think your mum would let me?" Kyle raised his eyebrow.

"Mum loves you and you get on great. Besides I'm not a silly little schoolgirl any more am I? And things between us are going great"

"Yeah they are" Kyle grinned, taking Ruby's hands. "Well why don't you talk to her after dinner?"

"Sounds like a plan" Ruby smiled. "Now go get changed otherwise I'll eat by myself" she laughed as Kyle walked out the door.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey darl" Irene smiled as Tegan nearly waddled down the stairs. "Do you want a cup of tea or?"

"Ice cream" Tegan panted breathlessly. "Damn cravings"

"Isn't this the third Ben and Jerries tub you've had this week?" Irene asked. Tegan nodded.

"Trust me to get a super unhealthy craving"

"Yeah well you still look beautiful" Irene complimented.

"Thankyou. And I promise there won't be a long wait until I'm out of your hair. I feel like I've put you through too much in the past few months"

"Don't be silly darl, I just want you to know that I'm here for you no matter what...and don't feel like you have to leave suddenly"

"I know but I want to. I know things are a lot smoother but still I don't want to see Charlie play happy families when it could have been me"

"Yeah that's understandable"

"But I don't hate her now, and I don't think she hates me." Tegan mumbled.

"Well that's good then isn't it"

"Yeah it is" Teganm smiled as she clutched the ice-cream carton. "See you later"

"Bye love" Irene called after her as she watched Tegan climb the stairs.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey mum" Ruby grinned hugging her mother, and spinning her round with the same look on her face that Charlie knew oh too well.

"Okay Ruby what do you want?"

"Can't a girl come say Hi to hermum without being accused of wanting something?" Ruby smiled.

"Not with a smile like that. Ruby I feel as though you're blinding me" Charlie smiled.

"Well there is something I wanted to ask"

"I knew it come on hit me with it" Charlie smiled as she took a seat on the work top.

"You know me and Kyle have been together for a while now"

"Yeaaah" Charlie was confused, unaware of where the conversation was heading.

"And things are getting serious"

"Please please don't tell me I'm going to be a grandma" Charlie prayed. Ruby let out a laugh.

"Not yet Charlie but all in good time" Ruby grinned as Charlie let out a huge sigh of relief.

"So what is it then?"

"Well I was thinking that he could move in. He's been in that caravan for ages and I'm old enough now to share a room with him..." Ruby racked her

brains for more reasons.

"Okay" Charlie smiled.

"Huh?"

"I said okay - Kyle he can move in" Charlie smiled.

"You serious?" Ruby gasped. Truth be told she expected to have to come up with a good hours worth of reasons but Charlie's instant decision surprised

her.

"We have the room, we'll have to charge him some rent but obviously not as much as what the caravan would have cost..." Charlie began as Ruby pulled

her in for a tight hug.

"Thank you so much" she happily breathed. "I'm going to go tell him"

Charlie nodded as she watched Ruby run out of the door. She smiled to herself, her little family was becoming tighter by the day.

Thank you for the comments and say hello to regular updates for the next two weeks. Love Easter break!! Hope you can put up with rushed chapters though (like this one) xx

Chapter 37

"Thanks Charlie" Kyle repeated for what seemed like the billionth time a few weeks later. Charlie smiled in return as she and Ruby helped Kyle carry his stuff into Ruby's room.

"I can't believe my baby is living with a boy" Charlie pretended to fake cry.

"I'm also living with my mother, her boyfriend and baby sis" She grinned.

"When do you want rent?" Kyle asked as the remainder of his bags were placed beside Ruby's bed.

"Oh not until the end of the month and besides at least settle in before having to worry about money" Charlie smiled as she left the room.

"I can't believe she's actually let you" Ruby commented as she sat down on the bed.

"Well like you said, you're no longer a teenager" he smiled taking Ruby's hand. "You're beautiful"

"Stop" Ruby laughed as her face went crimson. "I got a lecture in about half an hour but I'll see you later"

"I'll be here!" Kyle laughed as Ruby kissed him on the cheek. As she left the room he pulled out a catalogue from his back pocket, flicking through

the sections until he found what he wanted. He studied the page for a few minutes before shutting it with a sigh. Not for a while yet, he thought, not for

a while yet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Baba Bucktons here!" Bianca grinned as she met her best friend who wheeled the pram through the narrow tables to sit next to Bianca. Immediately, Liv was bundled out of the pram and into Bianca's arms.

"That will never get old will it?" Charlie asked. Bianca shook her head.

"Well I'll hardly be able to do this when she's Ruby's age will I?"

"Well you could, it'd just be rather weird"

"So what's new?" Bianca asked taking a sip of her coffee.

"Bianca you saw me yesterday" Charlie rolled her eyes.

"That was a full 24 hours ago" she protested. "Besides I have some news" she grinned.

"Oooh tell tell!" Charlie widened her eyes.

"Me and Liam...we decided to try for a baby"

"WHAT?!?!?!" Charlie shrieked in excitment causing looks of concerns from others in the diner. "Bianca that's great" she smiled squeezing her

besties arm.

"Yeah seeing how happy you and Brax are made me realise I want that too. And now we can afford to. I mean the restaurants doing good and Liam's getting to play a few gigs there and then teachings good aswell. Plus my sisters studying medicine so the baby will be in safe hands"

"Well that's fantastic. I'm definately looking forward to being favourite unofficial auntie" Charlie grinned.

"So you spoken much to Tegan?" Bianca asked.

"Nope and the due dates getting close" Charlie gulped. "She's due in around three months"

"You regretting it?" Bianca asked. Charlie hesistated but shook her head.

"I'm still not fully comitted" she admitted honestly. "But like I said Brax, my kids, they're my life"

"You're going to have a baby that isn'[t yours calling you mummy alongside Liv" Bianca stated. "That's one huge commitment"

"I will love that kid as much as I'll love my own" Charlie smiled. "Once I hold him in my arms, I'll feel the same motherly connection I felt with my biological children.

"Well I'm happy for you" Bianca gushed. "And I can't wait to meet him"

The two women were interupted by babbling sounds.

"Ahh ba" Olivia smiled as the two girls fussed.

"I will say this for the last time I want to kidnap your baby!" Bianca squealed.

"No she's all mine! Charlie grinned as Bianca passed Olivia over to Charlie. "But if you're not busy tonight then you could babysit if you want? It's Kyle's official first day in the house so I figured it'd be nice if we all sat and ate dinner"

"Yeah that sounds great! Definately give me and Liam some practice!" Bianca grinned. "Liv coming over to Aunty Bee's tonight? Yes you are, you are"she cooed.

"Thankyou!"

"It's no problem. Just don't be alarmed if you don't have her back tomorrow. I might keep her"

"Knowing you Bee, you probably would. Hey can I leave her with you now? I need to go to Yabbie creek and look for jobs and turning up with a baby isn't a good look"

"Yeah no problem" Olivia was passed once again to Bianca.

"I'll get Ruby to drop her stuff off later" Charlie smiled.

"Okay...good luck!"

"Thank you! But I'm not getting my hopes up"

"Anyone would be lucky to hire you" Bianca grinned. She held up Olivia's tiny hand. "Wave bye bye to mama Olivia" she cooed as she waved Liv's hand. "Bye bye mummy!" she repeated until Charlie was out of sight.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey Rubes how was uni?" Brax asked as Ruby sidled into the seat in an empty Angelo's.

"Yeah it was good, wow this place is dead" she commented.

"Yeah it'll pick up" he smiled. "How's Kyle settling in?"

"Yeah he's good, think Charlie was starting to get emotional"

"She's your mum, you'll always be her baby"

"Listen I know thinks have been tense the past few months with everything but I'm sorry"

"Thank you" Brax smiled. "You don't have to be sorry though, it's a huge adjustment"

"But I do because you accepted me when you didn't have to so I should do the same for my future baby brother"

"Ruby I love you as I love my own child. I know I'm not your biological dad but I want you to know that we're family and I'm always here for you. Whether you like it or not" he grinned.

"You're the closest thing I've ever had to a real dad. You're always there for me, obviously now I understand why you were harsh to me after Charlie left" Ruby smiled.

"I missed her Rubes. For ahes I feared the worst"

"I missed her too. More than anything"

"I know you did" Brax smiled. "Hey so me and your mum need to talk baby names, you in?"

"Course I am!" Ruby grinned. "I'll see you later and sorry for the random heart to heart"

"Like I said before Rubes, we're family."

Thanks for the comments. Sorry this updates short!

Chapter 38

Tegan's hands cupped her stomach for the first time in months. Everything triggered some motherly instinct in her body, whether it was seeing anything baby

related to even just hearing a random baby cry. Every time she tried to fight it, swore to herself that she didn't want the baby but as her due date grew

closer, she began to question how easily she had given the baby up. She was angry, and never wanted to look at Brax or reminded of Brax but as time went

on she realised her baby would love her unconditionally.

She began to admire her body in the full length mirror, keeping her cool hands over her warm stomach. She could feel her baby kick, and instead of it

usually annoying her, she laughed, before the tears fell and she faced reality that she'd never know her unborn child. She didn't want this so that she could

hurt Charlie or Brax, she didn't mean for any of this to happen. But she was confused, didn't know what she wanted anymore.

Although Ruby had accepted the idea that Charlie and Brax were raising Tegan's baby, she never spoke to Tegan again. Her friendship with April had suffered

because of it, although the two spoke, their conversation was strained where April felt sorry for Tegan and Ruby didn't want to acknowledge her existence.

Tegan and Bianca were never the best of friends to begin with, but they were civil around each other. Bianca knew that Brax hurt her badly but at least now

she appeared to be over him and now life was going to get easier.

8 months of pregnancy only a couple weeks left to go. Tegan knew she had to fight against her motherly instinct to save herself from anymore trouble. The

plus side was that she'd hardly gained any weight, especially being quite small to begin with, Her bump was growing but it was nowhere near the size that she

thought she would have been. However her old clothes were too tight, and maternity wear far to comfy that Tegam didn't bother squeezing into her old jeans.

It wasn't as if she had much to dress up for after all. Her only friend had left her, she had no boyfriend and nobody wanted to date a chick who was 8 months

pregnant. Tegan spent each night alone, counting the days until she could put this chapter of her life behind her and join Joey in the city.

"Tegan love it's Joey" Irene yelled up the stairs shortly after the phone rang one night. Tegan came to her senses, removing her hands from her

stomach and waddling her way downstairs to get the phone. Irene smiled as she passed over the phone. Tegan smiled back as she placed the phone to her ear.

"Hey Jo" she tried to make herself sound happy but she knew she failed miserably.

"Hey what's wrong?"

"Ah it's nothing just pregnancy stuff"

"But there's not long to go and then you can join me" Joey laughed. "How longs left to go?"

"Three weeks" Tegan gulped. "21 days"

"Yeah honey I know how long three weeks is" Joey replied. "I'm sorry for leaving but I really needed the job and then you'll be coming soon"

"That doesn't matter, you needed the work and besides I've just been living quietly. Not much you can do when you're pregnant" Tegan groans.

"I suppose not" Joey tries to sound sympathetic but fails. "How are the happy couple anyway?"[/i[ she asks with scorn in her voice.

"Happy" Tegan struggles to defines them with anything other than happy.

"Well they're welcome to each other Joey hissed.

"You really loved her didn't you" Tegan asked.

"Yeah I did. But that doesn't matter anymore" Joey replied. "I'm gonna go but we'll talk soon? Tell me asap when you've gone into labour and I'll

come to the bay"

"You don't have to"

"I want to. I won't have you on your own when you hand over that child" Joey firmly replied.

"Okay" Tegan gave in. "Bye"

Something snaps in Tegan as the line goes dead. She pats over her stomach, a smug smile appearing over her face. She hears Irene softly say her goodnights

to her and she waits until she goes to bed and sleeps. When she's certain Irene is asleep, Tegan tries to hurriedly pack her clothes into a small bag. She

was kidding herself all along. Maybe she did have a maternal instinct.

She pondered over whether to leave a note or note but eventually decided not to. No point in leaving any clues she decided. She left the house that night,

the most alive she'd ever been in months, clutching a bag full of clothes in one hand, and a wadful of cash in the other. She hobbled until she saw the last

bus out of town heading to the city and smiled to herself with glee. The Bay was dead and nobody was to be seen for miles. The bus driver helped her on and

she paid, her body sagging with releif as she sat on the seat. As the bus pulled away she wished she could feel any form of regret but she struggled. This

was her baby, not Charlie's.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the comments. Apologies for it being toooo long :(

Chapter 39

The next day was a long one for the majority of Summer Bay. Where at 8asm the morning after Tegan ran away Irene wandered downstairs to see the house empty,

what with April at school and Tegan was not to be seen. Assuming she had went for a walk, Irene decided not to raise the alarm, as she felt she hadn't need

to.

Charlie and Brax chose that morning to take Olivia for breakfast in the diner where Ruby was working. Irene came in and smiled at the family, still feeling

no need to press any concerns about Tegan. She actually hadn't given it much thought, considering how distant Tegan had been over the last few months.

"Can't believe our baby's gonna be one in just two days" Brax grinned as Liv sat in her high chair, her eyes shifting between her parents and big

sister Ruby. "Do you think she'll like her presents?"

"Shhh Brax I don't want her catching on!" Charlie scolded.

"Charlie she's one, the only words she understands are mama, dada, dinner and bed"

"And Barney. You forgot Barney" Charlie glared.

"Barney?" Olivia pitched in with her high pitched little voice. Charlie and Brax still couldn't believe how surreal it was to hear their daughter

speaking. Especially as it was a new experience for them both.

"No Barney sweetie later" Charlie promised. "Now look who doesn't get to watch the game, but instead the happy purple dinosaur instead" she

grinned.

"Don't rub it in" Brax sighed."I'm jealous that you get to go to work and get to escape this madness of Barney"

"Don't lie to me. You're more glued to it that she is" Charlie smiled as she leaned over to kiss him. "Maybe the new arrival will be a huge footy

fan" she winked.

"Here's hoping" Brax muttered.

"Mama" Olivia interupted. "More?" she widened her eyes as Charlie looked down onto the empty plate of porridge.

"You ate all of it already?" Charlie exclaimed as she called Ruby over to order an extra bowl. "Somebody's gonna be big and strong"

"Ya" Olivia agreed, nodding her head. Brax and Charlie laughed in unison.

"Definately her daddy's girl" Brax exlaimed proudly. Charlie got up and kissed them both, then Ruby as she placed the miniature bowl of porridge infront

of her younger sis.

"Don't miss me too much" Brax winked. Charlie ignored his comment.

"Are you and Kyle sure you're okay to manage Liv later? It's just with the new baby soon everything will be hectic and me and Brax..."

"Charlie it's fine! Now have a good day at work!" Ruby smiled. Charlie squeezed her daughters hands as she left the diner.

"Liv where's barney?" Ruyb referred to the purple stuffed animal Brax had previously brought his daughter a few months ago.

"Prised off her in her sleep and bundled into the wash" Brax muttered before lowering his voice. "Shhh she thinks he's gone to the beach" he

exclaimed.

"Oh god that is so cuuuute!" Ruby gushed. "I better get back to work but see you later!"

--------------------------------------------------

Before everyone knew it, it was 1pm. Brax and Olivia lay in the front room watching Barney whilst everyone else was at work. Brax had one giant arm round

his tiny daughter who was way to occupied with Barney to notice her daddy's drooping eyelids. Before long he had completely fallen asleep, only woken when

he felt a small tug on his shirt followed by small hands trying to prise his eyelids open.

"Dada" Olivia began tugging once more. "Barney go" she sighed, her bottom lip beginning to quiver. Brax shot upright, noticing the tv had

gone off, and that he'd fallen asleep on the remote. He switched the tv on once more, allowing Barney to appear once more and to see the baby teethed grin

appear on Liv's face.

Do you want dinner?" Brax asked. Olivia nodded, not allowing her eyes to be took of the screen for a minute. Leaving his daughter in the living room,

he went through to the kitchen and picked his phone off the side. No calls, no messages. Brax flicked through his contacts, past Charlie until he found

Tegan's name. He hadn't heard from her in a while and figured it'd be easier to ring her rather than face to face contact.

The phone call went straight to voicemail. Deciding not to think much of it he heated Olivia up the bowl of soup and re-joined his girl on the couch.

-------------------------------------------------

5pm had finally come around when everyone had arrived home from work. Irene was puzzled to think why Tegan still wasn't home. Charlie and Brax got ready

for dinner not given Tegan a second thought. Brax hadn't worried anymore about the phonecall, especially as he didn't have to.

The home phone rang just as Charlie and Brax were about to leave for dinner. Irene was on the other line sounding slightly panicked. She still hadn't

seen Tegan and she couldn't contact the girl.

"Irene I'm sure she's fine"[/i[ Charlie tried to coax her.

"Charlie you know she wouldn't do something like this" Irene frantically replied. Charlie handed the phone to Brax.

"I couldn't contact her either. Maybe she just wants to be alone" Brax suggested. Irene tried not to panic as she reached Tegans room and found her

wardrobes to be empty.

"I think you and Charlie need to get round her" she firmly rpelied before sitting down on the bed, staring at the empty wardrobe.

-----------------------------------------------

"SHE CAN'T JUST LEAVE NOW!" Brax fumed as it hut 7pm. Him, Irene, April and Charlie stood in Tegan's empty room. "WHAT A SELFISH PIECE OF WORK"

"Hey Tegan it's April. When you get this can you call us back. We're just all very worried" April left a message on Tegan's phone.

"It's kidnap. She's kidnapped my baby. Our baby"

"Brax calm down we'll find her okay!" Charlie tried to reassure him.

"Does she have any family members that you know of? Anywhere she might have went to stay?" Irene asked. Brax sat on the bed with his head in his hands.

"I don't know" he sadly replied.

"Well for gods sake love think" Irene replied harshly. "Sorry" she muttered closely afterwards.

"Should we ring the police?" April suggested.

"We could but it's not like she's a child or she's been abducted. She doesn't want to be found" Charlie muttered.

"What about friends? Anyone you know that she may have went to"

"Irene I said I don't know. I wish I did but I don't" Brax allowed the tears to roll down his cheeks. Charlie took his hand.

"We'll find her"

"You don't know that" Brax sighed. "She has our baby"

"I know"

"Not like you cared, it's obvious you didn't want it"

"How can you say that after everything I've gave up for to have this baby in our lives?! I nearly lost my daughter due to this" Charlie yelled.

Brax immediately looked guilty.

"I'm sorry"

"What ever" she glared as she let go of his hands and stood at the opposite end of the room.

"Charlie please"[/i[ Brax called after her but Charlie ignored him. He ledant back against Tegan's bed, before immediately rising.

"Joey. She said she was gonna go to the city to see her after she gave us the baby. She might have went there" He rushed out the room clutching his

car keys but April stopped him.

"Why don't you call her instead of driving to the city late at night"

"Okay" Brax had to admit what the girl said made a lot of sense. As he pulled out his phone the four were interupted by the sound of Irene's phone

ringing.

"Joey! Is she? That's fantastic news...wait? What do you mean she's?" Irene babbled into the phone as Brax impatiently stood over her desperate to

speak or yell or even cry. "She's with Joey" Irene smiled as everyone breathed a sigh of relief. Handing the phone over to Brax, Irene went over to

hug Charlie.

"I want to speak to her NOW"[/i[ Brax raised his voice causing everyone to jump. "What do you mean? She's...she's whaat?" he allowed the phone

to drop to the floor as he turned to face the four woman in the room.

"Tegan's in labour"

Thanks for the comments throughout the story - they are so lovely :):wub: . This is the 3rd to last chapter and the other two are written so they should be posted soon! Hope you enjoy this - I think it rambles and stuff but I kinda rushed it anyway...

Chapter 40

It wasn't long before Brax and Charlie reached the city with Irene and April in tow who were begging Brax not to make things difficult once he saw Tegan.

Charlie remained silent throughout the car journey and although Brax had apologised, he could see she was in no mood to forgive him. Taking a huge sigh he

felt for her hand, only for her to pull hers away.

"Charlie" Brax sighed trying to feel for her hand once more.

"Just drive, the sooner you get to see your kid the better hey?"

"Our kid" Brax corrected her.

"Are you insane? Brax she doesn't want us here. She left because she clearly wants this baby and you're deluding yourself"

"I'm that baby's father Charlie...i've got rights even if she goes back on her word"

"Okay" Charlie managed a weak half-smile. "I'm going to ring Ruby and fill her in" she groaned as she took her phone out of her bag.

"Don't worry love you'll sort things out" Irene grinned as Charlie stepped out of the car.

"Let's hope hey?" Brax sighed as he stepped out of the car infront of the big hospital in the city. "I'm so mad but excited and I dont know what

to do"

"What you're gonna do...is you're going to go in there and support Tegan through the most traumatic experience of her life. Then afterwards you can talk"

April smiled as she patted him on the shoulder.

"Yeah I agree, there's no point in getting her wound up especially at this point"

"Okay" Brax took a deep breath. "Let's erm go then" he wiped the palms of his hands on his jeans before signalling to Charlie that he was going

into the hospital.

"Ruby I don't know how long we're going to be here, Tegan's gone into birth and we're in the city" Charlie blurted out as she saw Brax leave her sight

"Wait why is she in the city?" Ruby asked on the other end.

"Long story I'll explain when we get back"

"And when will that be? Charlie, it's Liv's birthday soon"

"Don't remind me...I still haven't got her a main present yet, just lots of little presents. Meand Brax we're going to go tomorrow but Tegan went into

labour three weeks early"

"Hey if Tegan has a slow labour maybe a new baby brother or sister will be Liv's birthday present" Ruby half joked.

"I can just imagine the hassle I'll have from sorting parties out in the future years" Charlie laughed. "Could you do me a favour Ruby?"

"Anything" Ruby replied.

"Could you go to the Yabbie Creek and pick up Barney"

"Charlie...you do know Barney isn't real right?"

"Don't get smart. I mean I got her this teddy talking version of him but I won't have time to pick it up soooooo"

"Alright. So long as she doesn't drive me crazy" Ruby laughed.

"Do you know your sister?"

"I'll be insane by the end of the day"

The two girls laughed.

"I gotta go Rubes"

"Well er wish her all the best yeah? I know we don't exactly see eye to eye but that kid is going to practically be my brother or sister"

"No problem Ruby...bye" Charlie smiled as she finished the call. Taking a deep breath she turned to go into the hospital.

----------------------------------------------

"Irene it hurts so much" Tegan yelled inbetween gasps and tears. Irene stroked her hair while Brax stayed sat down on one of the seats.

"You could at least talk to her Brax" Joey snapped.

"I'm trying to stay civil here there's no need for the added stress while all this is going on"

"This happens to be your baby"

"Joey don't start" Brax whispered as he nodded over at Tegan. "She needs us to be calm here not fighting"

"Fine" Joey sulked as she sat on the chair next to him.

Brax stood up and went to stand beside Tegan. She looked afraid of him, afraid of the consequences now she'd tried to run away. The poor girl was still a

mess. Brax gave her a reassuring smile. She smiled back through her tears as he took her hand.

"What ever you need to get through the pain" he smiled. Irene nodded in approval at him, glad he wasn't angry.

"Hey" Charlie interupted them, noticing the hand holding but didn't say a word. She sat down next to Joey although the pair didn't speak.

"AAAAAAAAAARGH" Tegan let out another loud scream as her contractions occured more frequently. She took deep breaths in between while squeezing the

feeling out of both Brax and Irene.

"Hello" A 30-ish year old doctor interrupted the loud screams. "Tegan Callaghan?" she went over to the bed and stood next to Brax. "I

understand you are three weeks early and not in the hospital in Summer Bay which is where your birth was supposed to be"

"Yeah that's right" Brax nodded.

"Are you the father?" the doctor asked. Brax nodded.

"But we're not together" he added. The doctor nodded, more interested in how many centimetres Tegan was dialated than their circumstances.

"3 centimetres lovey" she smiled sympathetically. "I'm afraid you've still got a while to go yet"

"How long?" Charlie asked.

"It's hard to say I'm afraid" the doctor smiled. "You're only allowed two people into the delivery room with you Miss Callaghan are you aware of

that?"

"Yeah I want the father...ARGHHHH...to be there" she panted.

"And anyone else"

"Irene" she glanced at Irene. "Please" she pleaded.

"I'd love to" Irene smiled.

"And the rest of the group can wait in the waiting room. I'm sorry it's just it'll be crowded as it is" the doctor apologised. Joey, Charlie and April

nodded.

"It's fine" Charlie smiled. She glanced over at Braxand realised how selfish she'd been when she left and denied him seeing the birth of their

daughter. Brax came over and sat beside her.

"I'm sorry Brax" Charlie smiled as she slipped her hand into his.

"You have nothing to be sorry for" he smiled back. "I was way out of line of course you care"

"Well I didn't turn the spare room into a nursey and get Ruby to get Liv's presents for nothing did I?" she smiled.

"You're amazing. An amazing girlfriend and an amazing mum"

"I love you Brax"

"I love you too Charlie" he smiled kissing her lightly on the forehead. "Even if things don't turn out the way we'd intended them with this baby

then we'll still see it and we'll be a part of it's life"

"Let's not talk about this right now" Charlie replied as Tegan let out another agonising scream. "She needs you, go watch the birth of your child

then we'll all sit down and talk. Like adults"

--------------------------------------------------------------

A very long, tiresome and loud 36 hours and 58 minutes later

The final screams were ringing out just a few minutes to midnight. After midnight the baby would officially have the same birth as Olivia. Charlie paced

up and down the hospital, hyped up with coffee and calling Ruby every five minutes just to talk to someone as April had fell asleep and Joey wasn't much

company. Brax came out a few minutes later, his face red, his eyes filled with tears.

"It's a boy" he grinned proud as punch as he lifted Charlie in the air and psun her round. "Both my babies born on the same day" he grinned.

"Crazy isn't it" Charlie smiled as she pulled him in for a passionate kiss. "What ever happens I love you and I'll support you through it"

"What are we going to do about Olivia? It's her party in about thirteen hours" Brax gulped.

"Well once Tegan makes her decision we'll take the next step from there I guess" Charlie smiled. "Do you think I'll be able to see him"

"Yeah" Brax took her hand as he led her through the door where Joey had went through a few minutes earlier. She held a traumatised Tegan in her arms

as Tegan stared motionlessly over at the incubator at her baby boy. Born with a full head or dark hair, he was definately Brax's son.

"I'm so proud of you Teegs" Joey whispered as she stroked her best friends head. "And I'm going to support you whatever decision you make"

she smiled. "Irene do you think we should leave these guys to talk?"

"I think it's for the best" Irene replied and the two headed out the door. Charlie stood over the incubator trying to choke back the tears. She loved

him so much already almost as if he was her own. His tiny hands clasped round her little finger as he squirmed at let out a small whimper.

"Keep him" Tegan shocked them both. Charlie and Brax turned around to see her eyes fill with tears.

"I thought I could be a good mum...but I can't" she wiped the tears. "I don't love him I can't"

"Tegan I don't want to force you into anything you don't want" Charlie sat next to her on the bed. "If you want him then he's yours"

"You love him already don't you Charlie?" she asked .Charlie nodded.

"I look at him and I feel nothing. You luck at him and you feel love. You'll be the best mother I know to him" she smiled. Charlie took her hand.

"Thank you" she smiled. "This really means a lot to us"

"I'm sorry for running" she sighed. "I thought I wanted to keep him but seeing you guys. You are his family"

"You know you can visit whenever you want" Brax added. Tegan shook her head.

"I'm moving on from Summer Bay. I'll leave you to your life if you leave me to mine" she replied in a firm voice. "He's your baby because you both

love him and thats something I might not be able to do."

Brax nodded as Charlie went over to the incubator once more stroking his tiny cheeks. Tegan watched this scene.

"See he likes you already" she sniffed.

"I was so worried that you had changed your mind. When I thought you'd gone I was completely beside myself and" Brax began.

"It was a spur of the moment thing. I'm really sorry but it just clicked that I wanted him and then I needed to run. It was a real selfish thing to do"

"Being pregnant has definately mate you a lot maturer" Brax commented.

"It was about time I grew up and stopped living in a fantasy world" she smiled. "Once you're ready you can take him home with you, the nurse

said that I need to stay in over night but the baby's healthy so one you're ready you can go"

"You know he's got the same birthday as Olivia?" Charlie smiled. Tegan's eyes widened.

"No way!" she laughed before clutching her belly in pain. "I wish you all the best for the future"

"Same to you" said Brax and Charlie in unison.

---------------------------------------------------

3am

"This time last year I had no kids that I were aware of...now I have two" Brax grinned as held the carseat which his son was strapped to.

"Well you have 3 if you count Ruby...I know she's a bit older but..."

"I love her as much as I love my own kids" Brax reassured her.

"I know you do...you're such a great dad"

"And you a great mum" Brax replied as he strapped the kid in the back. "Irene and April are gonna stay here for a while and get a bus later...they

said they'll make Olivia's party later"

"Oh god I've still got to set up for a party" Charlie groaned. "I haven't slept in ages"

"Me neither but we'll be there for each other plus we'll have Rubes and Kyle"

"How great is this Olivia get's her little brother as a birthday present"

"I'm pretty sure she'll hate that pretty soon" Brax winked. Charlie laughed.

"What do you think we should call him?" she asked. "I'd like the middle name to be Ross you know if that's okay because it's my dads name"

"Of course it's okay" Brax smiled as he held out his other hand to Charlie.

"What about Danny?" She asked. Brax shook his head.

"I don't think he looks like a Danny" he replied. "Mason?"

"Hmmm it's alright I just think there are better names out there. Like Caleb?" she asked.

"There are better names out there than that too!" Brax laughed. "What about Darryl"

"No way!"

"It's a good name" Brax pouted.

"So good you prefer to be called Brax?" Charlie asked.

"Okay I'll give you that"

What about Noah?" Charlie asked looking down on her sleeping boy. "Noah Ross Braxton?"

"I like it" Brax grinned as he squeezed Charlie's hand. "Noah Ross Braxton welcome to the world sonny"

Archived