Sworn To Secrecy

Guest Lucii

Thanks for the comments! :) They're lovely :wub:

Chapter Twenty One

”I told you he liked you Rubes” Charlie grinned as she saw Ruby’s flushed face as she walked back through the door. She laughed nervously spinning round on her feet as she did so before falling on to the couch next to Charlie. Olivia slept in her rocker which Charlie lay on the floor.

”He’s a great guy”

”I’m just glad you’ve met someone good Rubes and I’m sorry about you and Casey. I guess it was me who kinda screwed that up for you”

”Don’t be sorry to be honest Charlie I don’t think we would have lasted anyway”

”Hmm why not?”

”I don’t know it just felt like even when you were here we were drifting apart with differences over everything”

”I’m still sorry though for everything. I shouldn’t have left and it was really selfish of me”

”Charlie please no more apologies. I’m just glad your back yeah?”

”Yeah” Charlie grinned, opening her arms as Ruby went in to hug her. Charlie kissed the top of Ruby’s head.

”Love you Rubes”

”Love you to Charles” She grinned breaking off from the hug and glancing down at Olivia who slept peacefully.

”I should really get her to bed” Charlie admitted.

”Here wait I’ll do it. You sit and rest”

With that Ruby rose, lifting the rocker carefully incase it woke Olivia and carried her through to Charlie’s room. She sat and watched her sleep for a few minutes, smiling as she did so. All the anger and frustration she felt towards Charlie was gone especially now she knew what Charlie was going through at the time. Ruby sighed, glancing at her phone as she did so. A couple of cute texts off Kyle already made Ruby smile. Without Charlie, Ruby wasn’t sure she could be with Kyle. Her mum was her mum, whether she was perfect or not and Ruby knew that at one stage in her relationships she would need to turn to Charlie. She kissed Olivia on the head before walking out the room. The life she had was beginning to slot back into place. Sure it was hard –seeing Charlie after a full year away from her, having to do her exams and cope without her mum. They always bickered and argued and clashed with one another but what Ruby had come to learn in the past year was that she could never live without her.

”Rubes what’s with the long face?” Charlie broke off from looking at her phone to glancing at her daughters sad face. Ruby shrugged, not wanting the whole heart-to-heart. A single tear fell from her eye as emotion bottled over. She wiped it away none-the-less before they fell from both eyes. Her face crumpled. ”Rubes talk to me” Charlie rose concerned for Ruby’s emotional state. She made her way over to where Ruby stood at Charlie’s bedroom door, but Ruby waved her away with her hand. Drying her eyes with the other hand, she let out a small laugh.

”I’m just happy that’s all” She said realising the stupidity of her tears which turned to laughter. ”Everything’s going back to normal and I guess the emotion all got on top of me” the tears vanished as she ruffled her hair and made her way to the kitchen. ”You want something to eat?” she called out to Charlie.

”So you work and you cook now? Boy I am getting impressed with you Rubes. And on top of this passing your exams guess you don’t take after me for brains ey”

”Well I do live with a chef Charles, and you were a cop of course you were smart. Speaking of work...what are you going to do for work and Olivia?”

”I dunno Rubes. I mean I have a kid with Darryl Braxton and his brother’s in jail I can’t just waltz back in and be a copper again. Everything’s changed”

”Yeah I know but there are plenty of other career options besides the police force. And I’m sure Brax could take care of Liv sometimes if you wanted to work. I mean look at her she’s gorgeous and I’d take her over a police career and a secret affair with Brax any day”

Charlie smiled as Ruby entered the room with a sandwich. ”You’re right Rubes, I wouldn’t change you or Olivia for the world because you are my babies”

Ruby glanced down at the sandwich she’d just taken a bite out off. ”Please Charles nothing icky I’m trying to eat here!” she finished the rest of her mouthful. ”I’m going to get an early night got Uni tomorrow so I’ll see you tomorrow” she rose and kissed the top of Charlie’s head. ”Night Charles”

”Night Rubes” Charlie smiled, waving Ruby off to bed. She waited until she had left the room before she took out her phone. She still had his number stored under DB. In the city she wanted to get in contact with him, with Ruby, with Bianca and Leah so many times but the longer she left it the harder it came. Looking through her contacts she came across DB once more, the guy she used to text constantly. The guy who found it awkward to be around her now. The guy who was her baby’s father. She wanted to talk to him, tell him to come over like she used to but for what now? An awkward chat about their strained relationship yet trying to do what was best by their daughter. A knock at the door interrupted Charlie’s thoughts. Blinded by the happy thought that it could be Brax, Charlie’s heart skipped a beat, She leapt from the couch, a smile appearing across her face. She tried to hide her disappointment when she came face to face with Bianca in tow with April and a bottle of wine. Wearing a fake smile, Charlie invited the girls in, her mind still dreaming about DB.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

”Hey baby” Tegan smiled after seeing Brax talking to Irene at the door. Irene having been informed by Leah of the whole Charlie/Brax/Olivia mess was giving Brax a few wise words about Charlie. She tried not to notice how different he was when she mentioned her name as it wasn’t fair on Tegan. But a part of her made her realise that although they were complete opposites in everything, they were also perfect for each other.

”Hey” he smiled, stepping inside as Irene invited him in and kissing Tegan on the cheek. Tegan smiled.

”What are you doing here?”

”Can’t I pop round and see my gorgeous girlfriend on a surprise visit!”

She grinned, giggling like a schoolgirl. ”Of course you can baby do you want to go out somewhere you know a walk on the beach or something?”

Brax nodded as Tegan slipped her hands into his. Both smiling at Irene, they walked out the door and made their way to the beach hand in hand.

”Did you see Charlotte today?” Tegan asked nosily.

”Why do you call her Charlotte, Teegz? It’s Charlie to everyone” he surprised himself with how fierce he sounded. ”I’m sorry its just...busy day”

Tegan nodded. ”So you did then” Brax nodded, he never could hide anything from her. ”We needed to talk about what was going to happen with Olivia” he said noticing the alarm on Tegan’s face. ”Don’t worry we’re just friends infact I don’t even think we’re that” he said using his free hand to scratch his forehead in confusion. Tegan smiled smugly in the dark.

”I love you Brax”

”Love you too Teegz” he felt almost guilty for saying it, he wished it was Charlie’s name he was saying. But too much time apart had wrenched them apart from what they had. Brax wanted to go back more than ever, but he didn’t want to hurt Tegan like he did with Charlie. He wished there was another way but there wasn’t. Instead he looked at the smaller blonde girl beside him smiling and gripped her hand tightly. He’d figure it all out somehow...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have Joey being brought into it as of today’s chapter. She does have something to do with Tegan’s plans though. Thanks for the comments guys they are all amazing :) Short-ish update now trying to update both fics and in the middle of planning a third as my other one is kinda almost done. Third fic won’t be posted for a long long time though if your interested about what it’s about let me know and I’ll post hints sometimes x

Chapter Twenty two

”Charlie you know that Joey’s back right?” Ruby called out early from the kitchen the next morning.

”She’s been back a while Rubes I saw her before I left” Charlie replied, the alarm appearing on her face. She’d forgotten all about Joey especially with the mess she’d gotten herself into with Brax and Ruby. Charlie was thankful she hadn’t ran into her yet but as Summer Bay was small she knew she could avoid her forever.

”Well she left a couple of weeks ago and Xavier said she’s coming back today”

”Xavier?” Charlie asked confused. ”What does he have to do with Joey?”

”They work together Charles. At Brax’s”

Charlie gulped at the thought of ever having to set foot in the bar again. Two of her exes working alongside each other. She couldn’t ever avoid Angelo’s infact she seemed to have spent most of her time there since she’d arrived home but as much as she tried telling herself that it was to have Brax bond with their daughter, Charlie couldn’t help but feel she was only there to try fix what they had.

”I er...erm” Charlie was quite lost for words after discovering Joey and Brax worked with each other.

”Yeah I know how awkward’s that?” Ruby laughed nervously through a mouthful of toast. ”And I thought it was bad enough when I didn’t know you were secretly sha....seeing Brax” she covered up her mistake quickly in the hope Charlie didn’t here her. She didn’t appear to be listening anyway.

”I can’t ever set foot in Angelo’s again”

”Why not?” Ruby shrugged. ”It’s not like you’ve got the choice Charles. It’s Summer Bay not the big bad city you can’t avoid anyone in this place”

Charlie nodded, half listening to what Ruby was saying, half day-dreaming about what the day would bring to her. Olivia’s cries interrupted her. As she rose, Ruby beat her to it.

”I got it” she grinned. ”You erm...think” she bounded out of the room happily.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

”JOEY! You’re back” Tegan grinned from the docks as she wrapped her arms around the girl. Joey grinned.

”You missed me then?” she replied happily. Tegan nodded. Joey was really the only friend she’d made since her arrival in the bay, no one else really bothered. And it was only because of Brax the two made friends. After her falling out with Bianca, Tegan turned to Joey for the things she couldn’t turn to Brax for .

”Jo Jo...you know how you said you’d lived in the bay before I knew ya?” Tegan asked cautiously acknowledging the nod Joey gave in reply. ”Well a familiar face has returned I thought you might know her...Charlie...Charlie Buckton?”

Joey turned to face Tegan as the smile from her face disappeared in a flash. She placed her hands in her pocket and shifted uncomfortably.

”Jo?” Tegan asked placing her hand on her friends arm.

”I don’t want to talk about it...her” she mumbled picking up her speed. ”I gotta go unpack but I’m working later see you then?”

She tried to pace herself faster but Tegan caught up to her. Flicking her blonde hair out of her eyes she gazed at Joey.

”Jo what’s up?”

”Me and her go way back” Joey sighed. ”I can’t believe she’s back” she smiled for a split second, her eyes becoming dreamier.

”Wait your not saying...”

”That we dated. Yep”

Tegan gasped, although she tried to hide her smile she couldn’t. Everything just got better in her eyes as long as she viewed it.

”But she’s got a kid...two kids?”

”No she’s just got Ruby and she was never too pleased about me and Charlie”

”No Jo that’s why she left...she was pregnant. With Brax’s baby”

”Oh my god Tegan I’m so sorry”

”It’s okay” Tegan dismissed the comment. ”But I can see how much he likes her Jo, and it’s tearing us apart”

”Nah he loves you Teag”

”Yeah?” Tegan replied. ”Not half as much as he loves her”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys sorry it's been a while since I last updated. Would have updated sooner if I hadn't been so ill! Thanks for reading and the comments are just so lovely :)

Chapter 23

”Well clearly this place has suffered without my contribution” Joey joked as she stepped into the bar. Brax spun round recognising the all-too familiar voice.

”Jo...you’re back!” He walked from behind the bar until he was face to face with her and pulled her in for a hug. Joey let out a small laugh.

”Missed me then?”

”You have no idea...sometimes it feels like kids today have no brains” he smiled lightly breaking away from the hug.

”Yeah well I’m back now and I can always keep Xav and Kelly in line for ya”

”Maybe they’ll buck up their ideas for once” Brax smiled as Joey laughed.

”So I...I saw Tegan”

”Really?” Brax scratched his forehead in confusion. ”What was she saying”

”Oh you know the usual how much she’d missed me oh and that you have a daughter. Is a congratulations in order or?”

”She sure didn’t hold back did she?”

”I’m her best friend Brax and it was a pretty big piece of news to deal with...Charlie Buckton’s kid?”

”Yeah, yeah that’s right” He took out his phone from his pocket and fiddled with it for a few moments. Turning the phone to Joey he showed her a picture of a tiny Olivia that he’d taken. ”Olivia”

”She’s gorgeous! She looks like both you and her mum”

”I’m sorry but how do you know Charlie?” his reply came a cross quite rude, quite blunt although he hadn’t meant it to. He looked at Joey eagerly.

”She’s my ex...ex girlfriend”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

”Um hello Miss Buckton is Ruby home?” Kyle smiled nervously. His palms were clammy. Charlie tried to hide her smile, noticing how terrified the young boy seemed to be.

”Yeah come in she’s just with Liv” Charlie invited him in as he went through to the living room. ”Rubes...Kyle’s here!”

”Yeah just a minute” Ruby yelled from the bedroom. Charlie sat down on the opposite side of the couch.

”So what’s it like being back?” he asked Charlie nervously.

”It’s different. I mean you think nothing else changes but it does”

”Yeah well I know Ruby missed you a lot”

”I missed her too more than anything”

Ruby entered cooing at Olivia as she passed her over to Charlie. She placed out her hand to Kyle who stood up at took it.

”We’re gonna go to the diner, then I’ve got lectures later so I won’t be in til later” she beamed stroking Olivia’s cheek and leant down to kiss Charlie on the cheek. ”Love cha Charles”

”Yep that’s fine love you too Rubes” she smiled as Ruby made her way out of the living room. ”See you later Kyle”

”Um see you later Miss Buckton” he smiled politely as Ruby pushed him out the door in a fit of giggles.

Charlie was left alone with her thoughts. Olivia had calmed down a bit staring wide-eyed at her mummy who seemed to be staring into space. Reaching into her pocket Charlie took out her phone. No calls, no messages. Sighing she flicked through her contacts book until she saw his name. Her hands began to shake as she texted him.

I know it’s short notice but if you want you could come around and spent time with Olivia?”

She dithered over whether to put kisses like she normally did. But for what? She wasn’t his girlfriend, just the mother of his child. She thought of both her daughters, smiling. She wouldn’t change them for the world regardless of who their dad’s might be. Her phone sounded, annoying Olivia who began to whimper. She sat excited at the thought of maybe seeing his face again. It had only been a few days, yet she still missed him.

Okay be round soon

Just the four words made her hands tremble with excitement. Looking down at Olivia who was grabbing thin air with her tiny hands she cuddled her closer.

”Daddy’s gonna be here soon baby”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

”Jo can you watch this place for a bit I just gotta do something” Brax yelled to the other side of the restaurant where Joey stood placing cutlery at each of the tables.

”Yeah sure whatcha gotta do?”

”Just something” he smiled thinking of hearing one of Charlie’s secrets. He couldn’t believe it, not that he even wanted to.

”Okay” Joey smiled. ”See you later yeah? I think Tegan wants me round Irene’s for drinks and gossip”

”Look at you getting all girly”

She stuck her tongue out at him both giggling.

”Go on get going then” she smiled as Brax practically ran out the door and nearly straight into the customers that came through the doors.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

”Hey” Charlie smiled as she opened the door.

”Hey yourself” Brax grinned cocking his head to the side the thing he always used to do when they were together. They stood at the door awkwardly, another painful reminder of what they used to do when they were together. Jumping back into reality Charlie invited him in. He brushed aside her straight into the living room where his baby girl lay in her crib. Brax scooped her up and sat on the couch. Charlie although hesitant at first, went to join him.

”She really is beautiful Charlie”

”She looks like you” Charlie smiled. ”She’s got your eyes”

”Nah she’s beautiful just like her mum eh?”

Charlie blushed, not knowing what to make of the compliment. Brax turned to look at her, and she could feel her face heating up. Her heart began to race as she felt like a 14 year old schoolgirl being approached by the boy she fancied. Brax turned away, focusing on Olivia. He smiled at her rocking her from side to side every now and then.

”You’re good at the whole dad thing”

”Yeah well I had a lot of practise. I practically reared Heath and Case” he smiled thinking of his two brothers he rarely saw. Heath was in jail and Casey? He moved back to Mangrove River to live with their mum. He moved school and Brax only saw him occasionally. The three brothers had been ripped apart, just like Brax’s relationship with Charlie.

”Oh yeah”

”So how’s Ruby taking the news?” he asked. ”Liv, you being back”

”Surprisingly well” Charlie admitted. ”I wasn’t really expecting her to come around like she did but we’re closer than ever and all she wants to do is show Liv to the rest of the bay”

”Hey well that’s good isn’t it? I’m sorry about breaking her and Casey up”

”Don’t be...I can understand why you did it”

”Really?”

”I upped and left my life Brax I mean it was obvious everyone was going to be angry”

”I walked from the boys. A couple of hours before you left last year. I came to tell you that the next day I loved you and I wouldn’t let anyone get in the way of that. But when I got here Ruby was crying and she told me you were gone.”

”I’m sorry Brax”

”At least you came back. I missed seeing you and I never stopped thinking about you”

”And now?”

”I still can’t get you out of my head Charlie”

They gazed into each other’s eyes, their faces just a few inches apart. Coming to her senses Charlie turned away.

”You’ve got a girlfriend”

”But I love you Charlie”

”And what about Tegan?”

”She’s not your league Charlie. She never will be”

Olivia started to whimper, bringing both back into reality. Brax rocked her again as her whimpers turned into a screaming match.

”I think she needs a nap Charlie”

”Yeah I’d say so” Charlie rose beckoning Brax to hand over Olivia. He rose too, handing Liv to Charlie before following Charlie into her room. He stayed a few steps behind Charlie as Charlie shushed Olivia and rocked her from side to side. She calmed down considerably, falling asleep after about five minutes of rocking and soothing. Charlie placed her down in her cot and kissed the top of her head. Turning back to Brax she smiled.

”I suppose you’ll want to go”

”Nope. I want to talk about us”

”There is no us”

Taking a step towards Charlie he placed a strand of hair behind her ears and rubbed her cheek with his thumb. Charlie focused her attention on his hand on her face . The two become breathless as Brax leant in towards Charlie’s ear. His voice softened as he whispered.

”There’s always an us”

Thanks for the comments. :wub: Teeny weeny update now (sorry for the length!) Hope you enjoy and have a good week everyone :) I feel a lot better so I'll try atleast update once a week if I can x

Chapter Twenty Four

She pulled the shirt over his head as he began to fumble with the back of her top, in between kisses. Brax ran his fingers through Charlie’s much shorter hair than before. Suddenly becoming all too aware of the situation and the pain it could cause others, Charlie pulled away leaving Brax quite frustrated.

”This is wrong we shouldn’t be doing this Brax you’ve got a girlfriend” she began to ramble not knowing how in hell she’d managed to pull away from him.

Brax didn’t seem too fussed by the mention of his girlfriend instead he pulled Charlie closer. ”Brax stop I’m not being the other woman” she broke away from his kiss once again.

”You would never be the other woman Charlie. I love you and only you” he tried to kiss her again but she bowed her head.

”And what about Tegan?”

”What about her?” Brax shrugged his hand guiding Charlie’s face to meet his own as he leant in to kiss her again. She responded for a few seconds before pulling away.

”We can’t do this” Charlie said as Brax sighed. ”What about Tegan? What about the pain we’re gonna cause her”

”I’ll break up with her please Charlie it’s perfect. You, me and Olivia”

”She really loves you...she tried paying me to get out of town and-“ Charlie clasped her hand over her mouth as Brax’s eyes widened.

”SHE DID WHAT?” his voice sounded loud to Charlie as she tried to shush him, fearful incase they woke the baby.

”Forget I said anything”

Brax bent down to the floor to pick up his shirt. Pulling it over his head, he frowned in confusion and anger.

”I’m gonna kill her”

”Brax don’t tell her I said anything” Charlie looked at him with pleading eyes. ”Please”

”I can’t Charlie. She needs to be told that what she did is wrong and I’m breaking up with her. I want to be with you and only you”

”Brax I-“ she began to speak but Brax placed a finger on her lips.

”Shh. Don’t ruin it now that we’ve come to this point” he kissed her once more, any guilt he had over Tegan was long gone. ”I’ll be back later”

With that he walked out the door smiling at Charlie as he left. She collapsed on to the bed, her mind in some state on confusion. She should be happy, she’d gotten everything she’d wanted since she’d came back but why did she feel so guilty?

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks soo much for the comments! They're so amazing and they mean so much. :) Hope you like this chapter guys xxx It's quite short I'm sorry but I hope you like it :)

Chapter 25

Brax sighed adjusting his shirt as he left Charlie’s. He was fuming as he raced along to Irene’s to find Tegan. Knocking on the door a lot louder than usual made Irene jump. The look on Brax’s face said it all for Irene.

”Is Tegan in?” Brax spoke loudly and confidently, but his eyes blazed with anger as ran his fingers through his hair.

”I’m sorry darl she’s not here, do you want me to take a message?”

”Nah...nah” he shook his head for good measure before remembering his manners and forcing himself to deliver a small, weak smile in Irene’s direction. She returned the smile, noticed his agitation.

”Okay what’s going on?” Brax giggled nervously slapping his hand over his mouth. The look of anger began to fade from his eyes as he realised Tegan wasn’t around Irene’s place. ”It’s definitely something to do with Charlie isn’t it”

He couldn’t hide anything from her, he nodded silently. Irene’s eyes widened, although not in surprise. It was obvious now from the way he acted whenever her name was mentioned that he was still in love with her. Smiling, Irene invited him in. Gladly he stepped in and sat on the couch holding his head in his hands for a minute. Sighing he sat upright to remain eye contact with Irene who sat beside him.

”I love her” he admitted out loud and proud. He laughed, embarrassed after saying 4 letter word he never knew he could say and mean at the same time. He’d told girls he loved them for years but until now, he’d never meant it. Not until he’d met Charlie.

”I know darl” Irene sympathised placing her hand on Brax’s shoulder.

”I have to break it off with...”

At that moment, the door could be heard opening. Tegan entered grinning, oblivious to anything that happened between Irene and Brax. She seemed surprised to find him there, but it pleased her all the same.

”Hey babe” She spoke as Irene shifted uncomfortably. Brax glared at her, but she was too loved up to even notice. Noticing what was about to happen, Irene made her cue to leave.

”Oh is that the time? I said I’d meet Bianca in the diner for a coffee” She smiled at the pair, grabbing her handbag and keys of the side table. She closed the door so quietly behind her that Brax had to glance to make sure she’d definitely left. Tegan sat down where Irene had sat next to Brax. She placed a hand on his arm but he pushed it away.

”You tried paying Charlie to leave” he empathised on each word, and spoke them in an angry tone which startled Tegan. He couldn’t look her in the eye, infact he refused to unless it was necessary.

”I...I” she struggled to get the words out and instead gave up ashamed. She bit her lip and tried to make eye contact to seek forgiveness.

”I can’t believe you’d stoop so low!” his voice rose and he stood to pace around the room. Tegan tried to stand but he pushed her back down in a fit of anger. Taken aback by what he’d done he apologised robotically, but still that didn’t stop what he felt towards her.

”I’m sorry Brax but but I did it because I love you...baby I love you and I want us to have a family together”

”I have a family me, Olivia and Charlie” the mention of her name made Tegan angry.

”I knew you’d do this to me Brax. All the time we’ve been together you’d never shut up about her. Always Charlie this Charlie that. Now she’s back and I freaked out. Do you blame me? You’re obviously in love with her and I’m in love with you”

”You can’t help who you love” he mumbled almost ashamed he wasn’t denying what she said.

”You got that right”

They stood just a few inches apart, both their eyes blazing with anger. Taking a step back, Brax held up his hands.

”This...us is over” he expected her to plead with him. Instead she shrugged, not able to make eye contact but still not able to express her feelings.

”I knew that from the moment she walked back into town....GET OUT”

With all the strength she had she pushed him out the door and slammed it shut. Turning around her eyes filled with tears as she collapsed against the door crying, cradling her perfectly flat stomach. Taking out the pregnancy test in her bag, made the tears fall even harder but she knew now that even if she was pregnant, there wasn’t a chance in hell of her getting him back.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile Charlie was driving herself crazy over everything with Brax and Tegan. She wondered if they’d even broken up, was he with her right now holding her close to his body just like he did to Charlie earlier? Or was he true to his word. Olivia squirmed, and made whimpering noses from her moses basket to show she wanted her mummy’s attention. Charlie picked her up and pulled her close supporting her head and body as she rocked her from side to side. As she did so Charlie couldn’t help but notice how much she looked like Brax. Smiling, she kissed her daughters forehead as somebody knocked on the door. Charlie rose, placing Liv back into her moses basket. She made her way to the door to find Brax leaning heavily against it.

”I did it” he breathed a sigh of relief for the first time since Tegan chucked him out. Charlie felt a pang of guilt for how she was feeling as Brax stroked her face with the back of his hand. He stepped inside wrapping both arms around Charlie’s waist and kissing her softly on the lips. She responded happily and both kept smiling as they broke off from the kiss. His hands entwined with hers as he kissed the top of her head.

”I love you” Charlie spoke quietly, Brax wasn’t sure if he heard right at first. But as soon as she glanced up to make eye contact he realised he’d heard right. ”Is it too soon to be saying that?”

”Nah” Brax grinned, his face only a few centimetres away from Charlie’s. ”I love you too baby”

Thanks for the comments decided to go for a few updates this weekend so here's the next part. Thanks for the comments :) They really do mean a lot and I hope you enjoy this next chapter! :)

Chapter 26

”Who’d have thought it?” Charlie spoke rising her head from where it lay on Brax’s chest to look up into his eyes. ”We really have a baby together” she squeaked the last bit. Brax grinned as he leant in to kiss her only to be interrupted by the sound of his daughters cries. Charlie took her arms away from around his body as he picked her up.

”Somebody’s jealous of mummy eh Liv. Liv wants all the kisses” he laughed kissing her forehead and cheeks a few times while she squirmed and made cute noises. Charlie watched the way he interacted with her, the way he held her so lovingly as though nothing else in the world mattered. He turned to Charlie and handed Olivia over, before placing his arm around Charlie’s shoulder. They both lay, either watching Olivia or each other but totally oblivious of something that could potentially ruin their happiness.

Ruby bounded in happily after a long day, hand in hand with Kyle. She sang out to Charlie as she entered the kitchen and opened the fridge. ”It’s a beautiful daaaaaay” she sang in tune and really well much to Kyle’s surprise. Ruby grinned as she kissed him on the lips. Taking Kyle’s hand she led him into the living room. Seeing Brax there was no surprise but his arm wrapped lovingly around Charlie’s made Ruby gasp.

”Wait what?” she noticed the picture perfect scene taking place in her living room. The huge smile on Charlie’s face said it all. As Kyle released his hand from hers she threw her hands up in the air and rushed to hug and congratulate Charlie and Brax. ”Oh my god no way” she squealed happily clapping her hands as Charlie laughed, pulling Ruby into a hug.

”Thankyouuu” she grinned looking back at Brax and Olivia.

”Wait what about Tegan?” Both Brax and Charlie shifted uncomfortably at the mention of her name.

”I broke up with her. I love your mum Rubes” he said for Ruby but gazed into Charlie’s eyes. Charlie blushed and Ruby nodded. Turning back to Kyle she pulled him in for a hug.

”Well I think I’m gonna go for a surf. You guys in? We could take Olivia as it’s a bit cooler than midday heat”

”Erm I don’t know Rubes what happens if we see Tegan?”

”I doubt she’ll leave Irene’s for a while Charles”

”And Joey?”

”Oh she’s at work until later tonight” Brax reassured her. ”Come on Charlie when did we ever get the chance to be a normal couple last time? This time it’s different”

”Not everyone knows that you’re Liv’s dad”

”Well then it’s time for them to know. We’re no longer sworn to secrecy Charlie, we can go out and be like every other couple out there with the baby we’re gonna raise up together” he grinned using his spare hand to take her hand. ”Come on”

”Alright” Charlie looked at Brax then back at Ruby. ”You and Kyle go on ahead and get Olivia ready. There’s sunscreen, her hat, her swimming costume. Make sure you apply two layers of sunscreen and she must be wearing her hat at all times and don’t take her into the water or just don’t go into the water until I get there” Charlie rambled as Ruby paid little attention. Taking Olivia from Brax’s she made cute gaga noises at her little sis and went off into the bedroom to get her ready. Charlie looked towards Brax.

”If we’re facing the music it might aswell be now right?”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“It’s scandalous! Colleen bickered to anyone who could hear. This time Bianca and Irene were faced to listen to the facts they already knew.”Our local police-officer...”

”Ex local police-officer” Bianca informed her while she took a large sip of her coffee. Colleen paid no notice and carried on.

”And a riverboy...”

”Who happens to run a successful restaurant” Irene cut in.

”Have a baby together! It’s absolutely scandalous” Colleen, had previously found out of Leah who snapped in a fit of rage by Colleen’s ever persistent nosiness . Irene and Bianca made eyes at each other before bursting into giggles. Colleen, rolling her eyes a little, placed a hand on her hip. ”What on earth is so funny?”

”We already knew, same with Leah, Ruby, Joey, Kyle, Xavier, April, Kelly, Dex near enough everyone in the bay. You must be getting old if you can’t keep up with the hot gossip of the bay” Bianca laughed as Colleen’s eyes narrowed. Mumbling to herself she turned away in the hope of a customer who didn’t know the scandalous affair between a police-officer and a criminal.

Charlie walked into the diner at what could have been the worst moment to ever come in. Colleen’s eyes darted towards her as she opened her mouth to offer her opinions on her choice of relationships. At that moment Bianca called Charlie over as Brax walked into the diner. Both ignoring Colleen, they went over to where Bianca and Irene sat. Brax felt about for Charlie’s hand and squeezed it for support. Bianca squealed as Irene’s eyes widened. She made eye contact with Brax who seemed a lot happier from when she’d seem him earlier. He mouthed a quick thankyou at her while Bianca and Charlie talked all things girly.

”Hey where’s my niece?” she spoke quite furiously. ”We’ve been through this Charlie unless you bring Olivia with you everywhere you go we no longer speak” she grinned to show she was joking. ”And if you two ever want you know then I am always quite happy to babysit....you might not get her back but I’m always happy to help!” Charlie and Brax laughed as Bianca spoke. ”What’s so funny guys...I’m being deadly serious”

”I’ll bring her round tomorrow to see her favourite aunt! Ruby’s got her on the beach we thought we’d just come her order a drink then go join them”

”Your daughters stealing my baby!” Bianca spoke furiously. Charlie giggled.

”My baby” she informed her. Brax nudged her shoulder.

”Our baby” he grinned as they let go of each other’s hands. Brax wrapped his arms around her waist as colleen came up to join them. The look on her face was quite priceless.

”I take it you finally know then Colleen?” Brax spoke to the smaller woman who mumbled scandalous underneath in her breath so many times it was even beginning to sound weird to her. Bianca screwed up her nose in delight and Charlie giggled resting her head against Brax’s chest.

For once Colleen was quite lost for words. Looking around at the four faces staring back at her she turned and walked away behind the counter. They giggled privately as Brax went to order something from behind the counter.

”You can see you make each other happy Charles” Bianca spoke. ”Much happier than him and Tegan” the mention of her name made both Charlie and Irene feel uncomfortable. They smiled at one another.

”Yeah well I love him and he loves me. I’ve got to feel sorry for Tegan though”

”I know” Bianca added. ”But still if Brax isn’t with her no more then she might not stick around much longer”

Charlie nodded as Brax brought over their order. Charlie smiled as they both said goodbye to the girls and made their way towards the beach. It was a lot cooler at the sun was coming down. It really was the most perfect romantic setting.

Meanwhile Tegan sat on the end of the bathtub her legs shaking, her eyes red-raw from crying all afternoon. She couldn’t bring herself to look at the test result. Her time was up, she could look at it any minute now but she didn’t want to. She wished Brax was here so they could do this together but deep down she knew that if she was pregnant, he would love the baby not her. With Charlie he loved the baby and Charlie and Tegan knew she couldn’t compete with that.

Using the last of her courage that she never knew she had inside her, Tegan picked up the test. Her fate lay on the other side all she had to do was flick it over...she couldn’t. She tried but she couldn’t she was too scared. Taking a deep breath she turned the test over.

POSITIVE.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay so firstly I wanted to apologize for the long breaks in between updates and the lack of reading and commenting I’ve been doing with other fanfictions . I honestly feel terrible but inbetween revision and being ill I’ve hardly had the time. But I’m hoping to try update a bit more in the next week before Christmas but I am going on holiday as of the 23rd then exams are on the 9th January for a few days. But thanks for reading and for commenting. The comments are lovely to read and I hope you enjoy this next part x

Chapter 27

The next few weeks passed by in a blur. Before Tegan knew it she was sitting upright on a hospital bed waiting for her blood results to come back. She’d done the test as soon as she found out, wanting to be sure before she had to tell anyone. She hadn’t spoken much to Irene or Joey or anyone else in the past few weeks. She stayed in her room and cried thinking about how happy Charlie and Brax were, yet she was still alone.

Sid walked in clutching a piece of paper. He’d heard from Colleen the news about Brax and Charlie, by now everyone in the bay new partly due to Colleen and her big mouth but still none-the-less just seeing them and how happy they made each other. Obviously most people felt sorry for Tegan, they’d watched the relationship between Tegan and Brax grow whereas with Brax and Charlie nobody would have expected to see them together. They were two opposites like chalk and cheese but watching them interact with each other, it soon became clear that they were meant to be. Tegan played with the bracelet on her wrist, twirling it round and round, too dazed in her own reality world that she forgot where she was. Sid coughed a little to gain her attention. The look on his face said it all. She knew what the results were before the words even escaped his mouth.

“I’m pregnant aren’t I?”

He nodded lightly, smiling sympathetically before attempting to show Tegan the results. Sighing, a few tears rolled down her cheeks and she pushed the file away from her.

“Erm I don’t really know what you want to do given your circumstances but-“

“I don’t really know what to think to be honest” the girl rested her head on the crisp hospital bed pillow which was already becoming damp giving the amount of tears falling from her eyes. Sid sympathetically placed a hand on the young girl’s arm as she turned around to face him.

“I can’t stand knowing that I have a baby inside me but he’s with her” Tegan muttered, not even able to bring herself to mention her name.

“So you’re considering a termination?” Sid asked delicately removing his hand from the girl’s thin arm. Tegan shook her head fiercely against the pillow.

“Nah. Ma will kill me if I even considered a termination. I just don’t know what to do” she dried her eyes, feeling foolish that she’d poured out her secrets to the local doctor. “Thanks for letting me know Sid”

“Yeah you’re welcome” Sid guided the young girl out of the room as Charlie and Brax came through the hospital doors hand in hand with Brax holding Olivia in her carrier. The two sprung apart feeling like they’d been caught and Charlie reddened beckoning to Brax to hand Olivia over before she scarpered to where the receptionist stood.

“What are you doing here?” Brax asked Tegan who stood beside Sid. Sid mumbled something about going to see a patient.

“It’s none of your business” Tegan mumbled not even being able to look Brax in the eye.

“You’re not sick are ya? You look like you haven’t ate in weeks”

“I’m surprised you care” Tegan found herself wiping a few more tears away. “And what do you expect Brax you broke my heart”

“I didn’t mean to” Brax tried to protest but Tegan cut him off.

“I can’t tell you what’s wrong with me. You’ll find out soon enough anyway but you won’t believe me if I tell you now” she walked by him keeping her head faced down at the floor. Brax turned around.

“Tegan wait what do you mean? Tell me what’s going on?”

“Goodbye Brax” The girl turned abruptly her blonde hair flicking in Brax’s face as she walked out through the hospital doors. Waiting until she knew she was definitely out of his sight she collapsed against the wall wondering what it was Charlie had that she didn’t possess?

“Hey how did things go with Tegan?” Charlie asked as she flicked through a magazine with Olivia in her carrier next to her. Brax had just joined them and was looking quite bewildered.

“How do you think they went?” He spoke fiercely and shocked Charlie. He muttered an apology before continuing. “She’s not happy”

“Did you honestly think she would be?”

“Yeah but it’s been a few weeks now I thought she would have gotten over it”

“I was away for a year I didn’t get over you” Charlie smiled placing the magazine on the counter. Brax turned to her and kissed her lightly on her forehead. ”What was she doing here anyway?”

”Well I asked her and she said something about I wouldn’t believe her and that I’d find out soon enough anyway

”What?” Charlie lifted her head to gaze into Brax’s eyes. ”That sounds bad...you should go talk to her sometime”

“You think so?” Brax asked. Charlie nodded.

”Well Brax she’s heart-broken. I mean I know what it was like seeing you with another girl it broke my heart. But now I have you back and it just feels like everything’s slotted into place. Me, You, Ruby and Liv we’re a family”

Brax couldn’t help smiling as Charlie said those words. He placed a hand on top of her thigh as the pair gazed at each other and then back down to Olivia

”I can’t believe my babies having her injections” Charlie found herself almost sobbing. ”Poor wee soul”

”She’ll be fine. She is half Braxton and her momma’s a tough chick too!” Brax grinned, Charlie giggled.

”I know two months isn’t exactly a milestone but I feel she’s growing up so fast already”

”Wait until she’s a teenager hey? Brains, Beauty and Boys!”

”She’s not getting a boyfriend ever” Charlie warned Brax. Brax placed his arm around her.

”Well there’s one thing we agree on!”

The pair leaned in to kiss one another before the receptionist called out.

”Olivia Buckton”

Charlie and Brax rose in unison. Charlie lifted up the carrier in one hand watching Olivia laying peacefully staring with his big baby blue eyes. Brax took her other hand as he guided Charlie and Olivia to the doctors room. Sid came in a couple of minutes later after finishing with a previous patient. He stayed polite towards the young couple, thinking of the irony of having Brax’s ex in the room not even that long ago. Charlie carefully lifted Olivia out of the basket and rolled up the sleeve of her “I love my mamma” top. Sid remembered this time last year where he’d told Charlie she was pregnant, now this time he told Tegan she was pregnant and Charlie had her baby with the guy Tegan was pregnant by. He wondered whether to say anything but stopped himself. It wasn’t his place, Tegan would tell them when she was ready herself.

Thanks for the comments! Last update before Xmas and New Year :) I hope everyone who reads this and all the members on here have a lovely Christmas and a Happy New Year :) xx

Chapter 28

It had been a few weeks since the run in with Tegan at the hospital. She had barely been seen around the bay since, just stayed closed up in her room. Irene had tried to coax her out on several occasions to eat, to talk or to shower but the poor girl was still in shock that she was carrying a child. She lay staring up at the ceiling for hours some days swearing blind to herself her stomach was beginning to get bigger already even though it was too early. She could only thing about the child Brax would never love as much as he would with Charlie’s kid, and how the man Tegan loved would never love her back know that Charlie had come back into his life. She cried so many tears she thought it was impossible to cry more. She knew deep inside she wouldn’t love her child given that she only ever wanted kids if she was in a stable relationship. Sighing she forced herself up off her bed as she heard Irene’s light knocking on the door. She caught a quick glance in the mirror of herself and tried to smile at the sight she looked. Her blonde her was scraped back and she wore no make-up. She looked terrible but she didn’t care. The clothes that had fitted her a few weeks ago had began to loosen. She knew she had to eat but she couldn’t face it.

”Tegan love I know you said you weren’t hungry but April and Bianca are round for lunch so there’s spaghetti bolognaise if you want some. Here I brought you some up you don’t have to come down”

Tegan opened the door a little and smiled weakly at Irene. The bolognaise was overpowering and her stomach began to turn. Retching she ran straight past Irene and threw up in the toilet. Irene stroked her back and placed the dish nearby.

”I’m sorry you know I love your cooking” Tegan said in between sobs as Irene rubbed and patted her back.

”Oh love please let us help you” Irene pleaded but the stubborn girl shook her head before sighing. She knew she’d have to tell them eventually otherwise her stomach would do it for her.

”I can’t” she whispered looking up to Irene with tears in her eyes. ”I just can’t”

”Okay” Irene smiled sympathetically and offered out her hand to help her up. ”But you know where we are if you need us” she dried the girl’s eyes before walking out the bathroom. Tegan sighed, her body began to ache and she tried to cry out but her voice cracked. She calculated roughly how long she had been pregnant for. She knew she’d have to tell everyone soon she just couldn’t face it.

She took a look at the stairs placing a firm hand on the banister and using one foot at a time to guide her way down them. She could smell the overpowering smell again and could hear the faint chattering of Irene, Bianca and April. Her footsteps were weak but she clung to the banister incase she fell.

“Hey Tegan” Bianca approached the girl warmly for the first time in ages. “”How you doing?”

”Please...please Bianca” She whispered faintly. ”Don’t patronize me”

Bianca nodded as Tegan turned to face April smiling a little at her. April shifted uncomfortably not sure on what to say. On one hand Ruby was her friend and Charlie was Bianca’s but on the other Tegan had her heart broken.

”I’m going to go see Joey” she announced a little louder.

”But Brax is there” Bianca blurted out without much thought. Choosing to ignore her comment Tegan took a pair of flat shoes and put them on her feet.

”I’ll see you later” she directed this to no-one in particular before walking out, her head completely in a daze.

The walk to the restaurant did her the world of good although she didn’t appreciate the benefits. Her legs were shaky to begin with and the cool air hit her face hard like a slap. She stared at her feet walking along the ground stopping to talk to no-one incase they offered her their sympathies for her broken-heart. She could see Joey at the bar and she glanced quickly to see if Brax was around. He didn’t seem to be thank god. She breathed in and shakily walked in Joey’s direction.

”Oh my god. Tegan you look terrible” Joey rushed to help her thin best friend over to a seat.

”Great to see you too Jo” she tried to smile but her lip quivered and the tears flowed.

”Hey, don’t cry” Joey wrapped her arms around the girls thin frame. ”They’re not worth it”

”I just Jo I loved him so much” she let her head rest on Joey’s shoulders, feeling too weak to lift herself back up again.

”I know you did and he was lucky to have you, he is a stupid guy for letting you go”

”No...No” She sighed. ”He’s in love with, he’s in love with her” her face screwed up once more.

”Nobody is worth getting upset over. Not Darryl Braxton, not Charlie Buckton not anyone else”

”Yeah but Joey” Tegan tried to protest but Joey stopped her mid-sentence.

”No more talking about them Teegz. I’m going to help you get over him” she smiled, not realising that this was the moment Tegan wanted to tell someone, anyone that she was carrying his child. She forced herself to stop crying and looked down at her stomach. Getting over a guy when you were carrying his baby was easier said than done.

---------------------------------------------

”Brax do you think her arm is swollen?” Charlie asked for the 13th time that day as she carefully inspected her daughters arm. ”The arm she had her injections in looks bigger than the other arm” she lifted Olivia’s arms up to show Brax but he laughed.

”Jesus Charlie. Her arms are fine, she is fine, her arms are not going to drop off just because of routine injections”

”But don’t you think we should take her to the doctors just in case”

”Charlie she’s fine stop fretting please” Brax cheekily kissed her quick as she began to talk. ”I’ve got to go to work but we’ll do dinner later? Me you, Rubes, Kyle and Liv?”

”Can’t you just take the afternoon off?” Charlie whined. ”Pretty pretty please”

”I can’t or I would” he wrapped her arms around her waist. ”Why don’t you go see Bianca or Leah or have lunch with Rubes”

”Leah and Rubes are working and Bianca’s round at Irene’s for lunch so that’s a no go” Charlie widened her eyes. Brax nodded kissing her cheek.

”Well then take Liv to the beach. She loved it that time we went”

”I might” Charlie pondered. ”Go...go otherwise your going to be late”

”Alright alright” he moved his arms away from her waist. ”A love ya”

”Love you too” Charlie yelled from the living room as Brax walked out the door.

------------------------------------------------------

”Drink?” Joey winked cheekily at the bottles of spirits infront of her. Tegan shook her head firmly although she was tempted.

”Seriously?” she darted her eyes. ”There’s something your not telling me”

”What?” Tegan tried to laugh it off, but Joey knew something was up. ”There isn’t honestly”

”You’re lying, like I said you’re going to get over him in a flash”

”Not likely” Tegan mumbled. ”I’m...I’m”

”You’re what? Angry? Hurt? Heart-broken?”

”Pregnant. Jo I’m pregnant with Brax’s baby”

”What?” Joey gasped in shock.

”Yeah what?” the two girls spun around at the arrival to see Brax stood a few feet behind them, his mouth wide open with the shock. Tegan bowed her head. It was time to face the music at long last.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the comments! Decided to sneak in a quick update. I’m sorry for the long waits in between but as soon as I get more time on my hands then I should be able to update more :) x

Chapter 29

”Tell me you wouldn’t lie about this” Brax glared at his ex-girlfriend who kept her face hidden. The tears flowed easily. She couldn’t believe what she was hearing/ She didn’t want him knowing in the first place. Joey had left to give them the space to talk. She was just as shocked as Brax but she realised he and Tegan needed to speak.

”If I was lying I would have told you first” Tegan snarled in defence of her unborn child. Brax sighed holding his head in his hands and pouring himself a large bourbon, and necked it straight. He poured himself another as Tegan watched.

”What?” Brax noticed her watching him as he necked his third. He sighed smashing the glass in a fit of rage. Tegan sobbed frightened of what he could do. He had this evil menacing look in his eyes but no more than a few seconds later he seemed to have calmed down. He could feel his eyes welling up and he was too weak to fight the tears.

”I’m sorry” he mumbled, not necessarily for smashing the glass but more for her seeing his tears. His phone vibrated in his pocket and Charlie’s name flashed up. Brax couldn’t bring himself to answer the phone. Instead he rejected the call and threw the phone to the opposite end of the bar.

”Was that Charlie?” Tegan knew the answer before she even asked. Brax nodded sitting down next to Tegan for a change. The initial anger had faded, the tears were beginning to disappear and he began to feel surprisingly calm.

”What are you going to do?”

”It’s your baby too”

Brax ignored this remark and looked expectantly at Tegan for an answer. She had none. She played with a bracelet that lay loose on her tiny wrist.

”You expect me to have the answers?” she glared. ”I’ve spent the past three weeks trying to figure out answers and I’m no clearer than I was than when I was at the hospital”

”This is just a mess” Brax told Tegan the obvious and she nodded .

”You think I wanted this to happen? It was hard enough thinking about you and your perfect family without me carrying your child – your child that you’ll never love because it’s with me”

”I will always love our child just as much as any other children I have” he practically spat at Tegan. ”Don’t say that because it’s not kids with Charlie that I’d love ours any less”

Tegan gritted her teeth at the mention of Charlie’s name. Although she hadn’t seen her since the run in at the hospital, Tegan thought about her every day. Her loved up with Brax and their baby while Tegan lay in bed trying to come to terms with a baby she was carrying but didn’t want.

”So what are our options?” Brax spoke firmly.

”Keep it, Adopt it, Abort it” Tegan had played out these three scenarios in her head over and over in the past few weeks. She didn’t want any of them to be honest, infact she didn’t want to be pregnant at all.

”Right” Brax sighed.

”Mum’s against abortion so that's not even an option” Tegan sighed. ”Plus I couldn’t go through life knowing I’d killed my own child”

”Yeah me neither” Brax admitted before standing up. ”I can’t think straight at the moment”

”Yeah you and me both” Tegan frowned.

”I need time to think this through”

”You mean you need time to talk to Charlie” Tegan correctly translated the words Brax spoke. Brax nodded.

”I’m sorry” Brax apologised for what he’d put Tegan through. ”It was wrong for you to try to offer Charlie money but...”

”I only did it because I saw the way you looked at her” Tegan gasped. ”It was the way I looked at you and the way you should have looked at me back but you didn’t”

”I know” Brax replied guiltily. ”I never meant to hurt you but...”

”You love Charlie? Yeah I gathered”

Brax didn’t speak after this, he tried to come to terms how his ex-girlfriend was pregnant. He’d completely forgotten about everything else at that moment. His phone vibrated once more and once again Charlie’s name flashed across the screen. He glanced at it, debating whether or not to answer.

”Answer it, go home and tell her. She’ll find out eventually”

Brax ignored this advice and rejected the call. He stood up.

”I’ll go and tell Charlie and then we’ll all sit and talk like adults”

Tegan nodded although she was dreading having to sit with Brax and Charlie and seeing them together. Just at that moment Joey came back through the door having returned from her walk. She glared at Brax who ignored her as he headed in the direction of home. Joey sat down beside Tegan and brought the girl into her arms for a hug. Knowing that nothing would change, Tegan allowed herself to collapse against her best friend while the tears she’d fought so hard not to fall, began rolling down her cheeks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

”And where’s daddy gotten to missy?” Charlie cooed at Olivia who made no response.

”He’s right here” Brax replied obviously stressed. He kissed Charlie on the cheek before collapsing on the couch.

”Why didn’t you answer my calls?”

”Well...” Brax began before he glimpsed at Charlie’s face. ”I had a visitor”

”Who?”

”Tegan well she wasn’t really there to see me, more to see Joey but she said something that will change everything”

”What?” Charlie glanced concerned at Brax. ”She’s not pregnant is she?” she laughed jokingly expecting Brax to laugh along but he didn’t. Charlie took a step back, as the truth overcame her. She gasped a few times as Brax got up and tried to take her hand, she pulled it away.

”Don’t touch me” she warned as Brax tried to take a step closer.

”It’s not like I wanted it to happen, it’s not like she even wanted it to happen”

”You’re ex girlfriend is pregnant Brax! Your ex girlfriend who happens to live right around the corner from where we are right now...” Charlie began to sob as Brax tried to move closer to comfort her. ”DON’T TOUCH ME”

The raised voices made Olivia cry. Brax leant down and brought Olivia to his chest in a bid to soothe her cries.

”Charlie calm down. You’ve made Liv cry” Brax spoke calmly as he rocked his daughter back and forth. Charlie bit her lip to stop the tears but it didn’t work. Her bottom lip quivered.

”I can’t believe it”

”Me neither but she didn’t even want to tell me I overheard her telling Joey”

”It’s not about who she told it’s the fact that she’s having your baby Brax. Your Baby” Charlie sobbed. ”Finally when I thought we were going to be happy she comes and ruins it all”

”Who’s ruined it all” Ruby interrupted as her and Kyle came through the door. Kyle kept a firm hold of Ruby’s waist although he felt guilty on intruding on an argument. Ruby wriggled out of Kyle’s grip and hugged her mum who sobbed into her little girls shoulder.

”Charlie what’s going on?” she asked her mum but Charlie was unable to communicate. Ruby turned to Brax.

”What did you do?” she glared at Brax as Brax handed the baby to Kyle.

”Why don’t you tell her what’s happened eh?” Charlie’s voice rose as the sentence progressed before she’s turned to Ruby. ”He’s knocked up half of Summer Bay” she turned and left the room and then the house running off into the darkness to think.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the comments. Long update now so hope you enjoy! :):wub:

Chapter 30

”Ruby please I’m not in the mood” Brax said as he raced towards the door but Ruby stopped him.

”I’m not going to start it wasn’t your fault. Charlie’s just in shock”

”Thanks” Brax smiled gratefully. ”I should probably go see where she is we need to talk”

”No. Stay here with Liv and I’ll talk to her. I’ll calm her down”

”This is a mess Rubes” Brax sighed leaning his head against the wall. ”I’ve only just got back with your mum and now this? I don’t think I could handle losing Charlie again”

”You won’t” Ruby smiled. ”She loves you, like I said it’s just shock”

”You reckon?” Brax laughed lightly. ”She seemed pretty angry”

”I’ll talk to her. Stay here with Liv and Kyle” Ruby grinned as she walked out the door. ”It’ll all work out”

”How sure are you of that?” Brax tried to joke but the confused look on his face made Ruby feel sorry for him.

”Like 100 percent” she laughed before leaving the house. Sighing she headed off into the darkness calling Charlie’s name.

Charlie sat gazing onto the ocean playing with the sand in-between her fingers. She’d came here to think often over the years where it was just the ocean and her thought. Charlie bit her lip guiltily at the way she treated Brax earlier. She wasn’t necessarily angry with Brax or even Tegan, she just didn’t know why she reacted the way she did. Charlie leant her head back on the sand as footsteps became increasingly louder. Charlie sighed before rolling over in the hope that no-one could see her.

”Charlie?” Ruby used the light on her phone to shine it over the figure in the sand. Charlie sat upright before glancing at Rubes and attempting to smile.

”Charlie don’t be mad at Brax”

”I’m not honey, It’s just shock” Charlie bit her lip to fight back the tears. ”I’m not mad at him or Tegan either it’s just an accident”

”I know” Ruby sighed. ”But Brax is in as much shock as you are. He’s only just found out he has a baby now his ex girlfriends pregnant”

Charlie nodded. Ruby pulled her mum in for a hug.

”Come on let’s go home. Me and Kyle will take Olivia out and you two can talk”

”Okay” Charlie found herself being pulled up by her daughter .Ruby linked her mum and the two headed off in the direction of home.

Tegan arrived back at Irene’s not long after that. Her and Joey had a good talk once Brax had left but Tegan felt she had to be on her own. Bianca was still there though which made life no easier for Tegan.

”Hey how you feeling?” Bianca tried to act concerned but it didn’t fool either of them. Tegan ignored this comment and began to walk upstairs. Angry at being ignored, Bianca turned around.

”Hey I asked you a question” she rose her voice.

”Since when did you care?”

”Look I know that some stuff’s happened in the past but I’m here if you want to talk”

”What so you can run and tell Charlie everything?” Tegan spat the words and glared at Bianca who turned back around. ”I’m sorry” Tegan mumbled her hand resting against the banister.

”All I’m saying is Brax and Charlie have a baby together it’s only right that they should be together”

”She didn’t feel that way when she ran off though did she? I was the one who had to deal with his broken heart. I’m the one who made it all better”

Bianca sighed, gazing on the upset girl before losing her temper.

”Just get over it” she snapped to a taken-aback Tegan. ”Find someone else and fall in love with them just stop moping”

Tegan sighed. ”Do you honestly think it’s that simple?”

”It could be. Even better why don’t you just leave the Bay? There’s nothing keeping you here after all”

”Bianca!” April walked into the room shocked at the words that came from her sisters mouth. ”Don’t be so mean”

”I’m just saying things how they are” Bianca pouted at her sister who sent a friendly smile to Tegan.

”It’s not easy and you’ll find out why” she replied sternly.

”What do you mean by that?” Bianca asked.

”Oh you’ll see, you’ll see” with that she continued the walk up the stairs leaving Bianca on the receiving end of April’s stern looks.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Ruby and Charlie walked back through the door of the house to here Brax and Kyle chatting about the news Tegan had. Charlie sighed as Ruby nudged her forward into the living room. Both the booys had their backs turned to the door.

”Brax” Charlie spoke rather quietly. Brax spun around, stood up and took her hands. ”I’m sorry for behaving that way. It’s not your fault”

”Kyle?” Ruby interrupted as she felt she was invading on a private conversation.

”Mhm?” Kyle answered as he cradled Liv.

”Shall we take Liv for a walk? Leave mum and Brax to talk”

”Yeah sounds great” Kyle smiled at his girlfriend then at Charlie and Brax. Olivia seemed to have taken a shine to him, the way she lay content in his arms with not a peep coming out of her. Ruby smiled at how good he seemed to be with her little sister. The pair left the house wheeling the pram so it could leave them to talk.

”I’m sorry Brax it’s just we’ve only got back on track and then now it’s all messed up again” Charlie took his hand. ”But I shouldn’t have reacted the way I did, it’s nobody’s fault”

Brax smiled for a split second.

”I’ll be a dad again” he gazed at Charlie. ”I’ve only just found out about Liv and now there’s another baby”

Charlie bit her lip. ”Do you think Tegan’s the maternal type?”

Brax shrugged. ”All I know is that she’s not having an abortion. I said we’d speak to her”

”We as in you and me?” Charlie gaped. ”Do you think that’s a good idea?”

”She agreed to it, plus it’s a small place and she’s carrying my baby”

”Oh god” Charlie groaned placing her head on the table. ”Everyone will know and then the mess we’re in will be the talk of the town again”

”Yeah well it’s none of their business is it?” Brax placed his head to the side. ”Do you think we should see her now?”

”What? And get it over and done with?” Because this won’t be a one-off thing Brax pregnancy’s tough”

”Charlie...”

”Well we may as well. Nothing’s being achieved just talking about it is it” she stood up and headed for the door. ”But if she starts...”

”Then we leave. Promise” Brax swore as he took Charlie’s hand.

------------------------------------------------------------

”Charlie, Brax what are you doing here?” Bianca opened the door to where the couple stood.

”Nice to see you too Bee. Uhm but we’re here to talk to Tegan”

”Tegan?” Bianca’s voice rose before April shushed her from the living room couch. ”You sure that’s a good idea? She’s a mess”

”No wonder” Brax mumbled. ”I think we’re all in a bit of a mess”

”Huh?” Bianca’s eyes widened in confusion. ”I thought you were out of the mess considering you guys are back together”

”But she’s pregnant Bianca” Charlie interrupted. The look on Bianca’s face said it all. ”She didn’t tell you?”

”Well I’m not exactly her favourite person” Bianca groaned lightly banging her head against the door frame. ”I was so mean to her before as well”

Charlie placed a hand on Bianca’s arm.

”It’s not your fault. Can we see her and then me and Liv will come see you tomorrow and we’ll talk?”

”Yeah no problem. She’s upstairs” Bianca nodded in the direction of the stairs. Brax went up followed by Charlie as Bianca watched them go then joined April to watch TV.

-----------------------------------------------

”I don’t want to be here” Charlie hissed as the pair stood outside Tegan’s door. ”I feel terrible”

”She wants to talk to both of us. We’re here so let’s just get it through with” Brax whispered a reply as he took Charlie’s hand for support. Charlie pushed his hand away.

”Not a good idea”

”You’re right. Okay I’ll knock and then I’ll go in first”

Brax knocked on the door which was slightly ajar. Charlie could hear the faint sobs on the other side of the door.

”Go away Bianca” Tegan groaned.

”Erm it’s not Bianca it’s me and erm Charlie” Brax spoke clearly. ”Can we come in?”

Charlie could hear the girl’s sighs and wondered whether to turn around and leave them to it. Brax saw the look in her eyes and shook his head.

”Okay” her reply was quiet. Brax opened the door onto the brightly lit room and went to the bed where Tegan lay curled up in a ball, a bunch of tissues by her side. She sat upright straightening out the top and adjusting the curls that fell out of place. She wouldn’t look at either of them. Just focused on the tear-stained mattress she’d been crying on the past few weeks.

”So the baby” Brax began.

”You get straight to the point don’t you” she sniffed.

”How do you feel about it?”

”I don’t want it if that’s what your meaning” Tegan brought herself to glare at Brax. ”I don’t want anything to do with you, this is just a constant reminder I don’t need through my life”

”I guess I kinda deserved that but Tegan that’s my baby as well as yours” Brax started but Tegan cut him off.

”You have a kid with her” she nodded at Charlie.

Brax dismissed this.

”And it isn’t my baby I want nothing to do with it. I don’t love it, I never will love it because all I can think of is the pain that was caused.

”So you’re considering a termination?” Brax asked a bit panic-stricken.

”I’d never terminate a child” her reply was firm. ”But that doesn’t mean I want it either”

”I...I” Brax struggled on things to say.

”Tomorrow I’m going to look into adoption” Tegan announced. ”That way it can go to somebody who’ll love it”

”And you think I won’t?” Brax rose his voice. ”That’s my kid, my kid”

”Well if you want it, have it” Tegan rose her voice aswell. ”Then you can go back to this happy family malarkey with her and a baby that you’ll never love as much as the kid you’ve got with her because it’s half of me”

”I’d love all my kids the same. Don’t dare try say I’d love any of them any less”

Tegan glared at Charlie.

”Bit quiet aren’t you”

”Well it’s not my place to say anything is it?” she replied gazing at Brax who paced round the room with his head in his hands.

”He wouldn’t take the kid anyway” she spat. ”Because the way he’s dithering over it now says a lot. He didn’t accept the offer straight away”

”That’s hardly fair” Charlie defended her boyfriend. ”You’re asking him to raise a baby”

”He seemed to have no problem when you came back” Tegan glared.

Charlie bit her lip uncomfortably.

”Charlie” Brax pleaded with her. Charlie shifted about uncomfortably.

”Do you want it or not?” Tegan directed this at both Brax and Charlie.

”And what about you?”

”I’m not staying in this place for much longer than I have to. Like I said I want nothing to do with you, her or this baby”

”How can you be so cruel?” Charlie demanded. ”I was pregnant with Ruby at fifteen and I was a lot less selfish than you were”

”At least wasn’t out sleeping around at fifteen” Tegan shouted back.

Charlie gasped, partly out of shock and partly out of rage.

”How dare you” she screamed into Tegan’s face. The girl remained emotionless but smugly smiled. ”You’d never be a good mum with that attitude”

”I don’t want to be a mum can’t you see that? You’ve ruined my life” Tegan sighed. ”The baby’s yours if you want it, but don’t dare say that I wouldn’t be a good mum because you’re not perfect either”

”What’s meant by that?”

”You abandoned your daughter last year” Tegan spat. ”What kind of mum does that to her own child”

”Circumstances were complicated”

”But she’s your daughter. And you left her without a family”

Charlie sighed rocking her head back and forth to stop the tears coming. She realised how selfish she had been and she was trying to make it up to Ruby but still Charlie had missed out on a lot in only a year. Turning towards Brax she began to speak.

”I’m going home” she smiled weakly drying her eyes. ”I can’t be here”

Brax nodded as she left the room, leaving the two exes to talk.

Archived