Things That Go Bump in the Night

Guest pembie

Thank you to Red,Screaming Queen,Sarah,Aden-Belle,Beezzz, and Bobby Forever Missed. Thanks for all your reviews and I'm glad you all enjoyed this fic. Your feedback on the chapters mean alot And too all the other people who may of read this story thank you.

Enjoy

Chapter 21

The small gathering of Alf Stewart’s friends and family crowd round his hospital bed, The likes of Roo and Colleen have tears in their eyes, While Morag and Marilyn are rocked to their very cores by the very shocking news that Sid had had the job of telling them that very morning.

“Oh Dad” Roo manages to squeak through her tears, While Colleen daps her watery eyes with her handkerchief. Daisy sits to Alf’s side gently caressing his hand.

Elijah stands at the foot of the bed waiting patiently, Gina who has been caught totally off guard by it all smiles at a nervous looking John. Who keeps fiddling with something which seems to have been tucked hidden away under the mattress of his bed. Sid pokes his head through the closed curtains of the Alf and John’s hospital bay area.

“Are we ready to go?” he asks.

Morag looks to him and gives a slight nod of her head while keeping her face as stony faced as she can. Then with one whooshing pull the curtains are pulled back to reveal a large gathering of patients, doctors and nurses smiling back at them.

Elijah clears his throat with a slight cough before beginning.

“We are all gathered here today to take witness of the joining of……”

Flaming hell can’t we just skip forwards abit Reverend? I’m not getting any younger” Alf says while laughing.

“Alfred please leave Elijah alone we are going to do this right” Morag says rolling her eyes.

“Yes my dear I want to be made to feel special” Daisy gushes while fluttering her eyelashes at her soon to be husband.

“Oh trust me you are special a one in a kind” Alf says laughing. Not in his wildest dreams had he expected to come into hospital and find a exact copy clone of himself. Least of all he never thought he would fall head over heels in love with his new found love Daisy, although he knew she wasn’t his true soulmate because that would always be Alisa. But never the less he was happy that love had found him again.

“Dad please stop talking let’s get on with this wedding” Roo laughs.

“Yes let’s my flaming back is starting to be a right galah” Daisy says laughing as she shuffles closer to Alf while sitting next to him on his bed.

Elijah looks nervously round feeling unsure of what to do.

“Hey just go for the bullet points of this wedding, I think I may of lost the ring” John shouts up while looking panicked.

“OH FLAMING HELL YOU BIG GOOSE” Alf and Daisy both shout.

“Hey it’s not my fault this bed mattress seems to shallow things whole” John protests.

Gina knees down to help John search under the ring eating mattress for the missing wedding ring.

While this is going on Elijah has seemed to take it upon himself to do some kind of weird speed reading through the rest of the vows. the onlookers of everyone watching wear baffled expressions as Elijah’s words seem to blur into one very confusing loud noise, eventually Elijah’s voice slows to its normal pace.

“Alf do you promise to care for Daisy?”

“Yes I do.”

“Daisy do you promise to care for Alf?”

“Yes I do.”

“Alf do you promise to stand by Daisy through sickness and……….”

“I flaming do yes.”

“Daisy do you…..”

“Yes”

“Oh ok then” Elijah says feeling somewhat annoyed that he had been cut off while in mid vow. Alf and Daisy look to him to see his annoyed look on his face.

“Oh yes I now pronounce you man and galah, I mean wife you may kiss the bride.”

“About flaming time come here Daisy you great sexy galah” Alf says pulling Daisy into his arms for a kiss.

“Oh well done Gina we have found the ring” John says pulling a haribo jelly ring out from Gina’s gushed hand.

“OW JOHN WATCH MY FINGERS THESE MATTRESSES ARE HEAVY” Gina screams.

“Oh dear seems we have missed the ring giving part oh well” John says popping the jelly ring sweet into his mouth.

Xavier peers round at all the slightly put out faces of his friends.

“What?”

“Well while I’m not totally ungrateful of Hugo giving us a lift on his boat, I do feel abit disappointed that he didn’t take us the whole way” Dex says as he grips to Casey’s surfboard as a means to stay afloat.

“Yes I have got to say I’m annoyed at that fact too, this water looks very dirty to me.” April says as she gazes round at the forgotten litter which floats round her.

“Well at least Ruby’s not annoyed at me right Rubes?” Xavier says as he looks upon Ruby’s glaring expression.

“I forgot how much Hugo could be such a jerk, I need some space Xav” Ruby swims further down the length of the surfboard

Casey can’t help but laugh as Roman grabs at the space next to Xavier.

“Xav there’s no reason to scream when you see me I mean……”

“ZOMBIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.”

Cameron Welsh and Lucy Addario look over at the annoyed teens chuckling.

“Hey guys don’t take it out on Xavier, Hugo and Martha are on the run you know?”

“Oh and how would you know that Mr Welsh?” April asks as she flicks a crisp packet away from her.

“Oh no reason just seemed to be a pretty mysterious dodgy fellow who’s hobby might well be people smuggling” Cameron says shrugging.

Xavier stops his girly screaming for a second to look at Cameron.

“Wow that was some guess there Mr Welsh”

“Well it was obvious really Xavier, rumours say that was what he was up to for a whole year before leaving Summer Bay” Cameron says.

“Yes that is so right he was” Ruby utters in shock.

“How far away do you think we are from home?” asks Dex as he starts to choke on the salty water of the sea.

“Not far look there’s Palm Beach over there, not that I have ever been you understand.” Cameron Welsh says smiling.

“How did……oh never mind, hey where’s Romeo?” Ruby asks.

“Over there its good job he floats like a block of wood isn’t it?” Lottie says pointing to Romeo who had already bobbed his way upon the sandy shores of the beach.

Charlie can’t help but feel like a over excited lovesick teenage schoolgirl, as Brax leads her down to what he feels will be a nice and peaceful romantic spot. Prefect for the little picnic that he had Leah prepare for them.

“Brax how much further are you going to take me?” Charlie squeaks with excitement.

“Ok Charlie lets stop here” Brax says laughing.

“Brax can I open my eyes yet?” Charlie asks.

“Yeah just hang on” Brax says as he quickly lays the picnic blanket out on the sand.

“Ok open them now Charlie” Brax says.

As Charlie opens her eyes, the sight of Brax holding a champagne bottle and glass overwhelms her.

“Drink eh?” Brax asks as he begins to fill the glass with the sparkling golden champagne.

“Oh my God Brax your spoiling me” Charlie says while giggling.

“Would you care for a strawberry?” Brax asks turning away to get some from their large picnic hamper.

“Oh yes please………………..”

“AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ZOMBIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIE”

“Brax what is it?” Charlie asks in a concerned sounding voice.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH GET AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY”

“Brax please tell me why you are screaming like a girl?” Charlie asks as she looks round.

“Charlie its not me who’s screaming its Xavier” Brax says pointing as Xavier and the rest of the teens and Cameron Welsh and Lucy Addario walk out the water towards them.

“RUBY” screams Charlie dashing towards her daughter.

“Charlie” Ruby says before being taken up in Charlie’s hug.

“I was going to coming to pick you up in three days your back home early.”

“No Charlie it was always today we were coming home” Ruby says rolling her eyes.

“Oh yes I do remember Bianca saying she was flying out to Transylvania now a few days ago to pick April up.”

“Hey Brax why haven’t you flown to Transylvania to pick me up?” Casey asks.

“Heath said he wanted to go fetch you so I let him” Brax says as he claps his little brother on the back.

“Yeah right Heath just wanted to go to try and cop off with Bianca” Casey says rolling his eyes.

“Yeah he did say something like that now come to think of it” Charlie laughs.

“Well he sure didn’t catch the same flight, he left a day later than her” Brax says smirking.

“Oh dear we seem to have lost Heath” April laughs.

“Yeah Gods knows where he has ended up” Brax laughs.

“Where’s Mum has she gone to fetch me from Transylvania too?” Xavier asks.

“Errrr no Miles has gone to fetch you and Dex” Charlie says feeling rather shocked at how all this had managed to escape her mind.

“Er I’m sorry for getting my days mixed up Rubes, but you know how it is” Charlie says indicting over to Brax who’s big muscular chest was gleaming in the hot sunshine.

“Oh right” Ruby says sighing.

“Hey meet Lottie my new geeky girlfriend” Dex says pushing her forwards proudly.

While Lottie went about meeting Charlie and Brax April meanwhile can’t take her eyes off Brax and his muscles.

“Hey babe how about we………….”

“Shh Casey I’m admiring the view” April says dreamily.

“What view I didn’t know you like views April” Casey says looking over in the direction of her gaze.

“OH APRIL BRAX REALLY? YOU HAVE THE HOTS FOR HIM NOW? WELL YOU JUST GO FOR IT, WHY THE HELL NOT? THEN YOU WOULD HAVE HAD THE WHOLE SET OF BRAXTONS” Casey shouts before stomping away.

“Oh I don’t mind if I do” April says under her breath.

“Hey Case if your going home now make a start on your school work, I had Gina give me the stuff you missed” Brax says smiling at Casey, who’s face stares back at him like thunder.

“What’s up doc?” Alf asks as Sid draws the curtains round his and John’s hospital beds. Sid takes a sad look round at Roo, Marilyn, Gina, Colleen and Morag before speaking.

“I’m sorry guys I just had a phone call from Dex the kids never won the money.”

“What’s that mean?” John asks fearing Sid’s answer.

“It means we can’t do yours and Alf’s heart operations I’m so sorry” Sid says.

“Flaming heck well what now?” Alf asks looking worried into Daisies eyes.

“It means we can’t help you, and we may need to close the hospital because if we are no longer able to provide care for our patients there just isn’t any point of staying open” Sid says sadly

“Do you all mind being quiet please?” Colleen says staring intensely at Alf’s TV screen.

“Colleen how very rude of you, aren’t you worried about Alf and poor John here?” Morag asks to a very tense Colleen. Who hasn’t bothered to even glance away from the TV, in her hands she seems to be clutching some kind of ticket.

“Colleen what is that in your hand there?”

“Oh Morag it’s my lottery ticket, I always do the lottery you never know when luck will rain down on you” Colleen says giving Morag little smile.

“Oh Colleen this is not the time for this sort rubbish” Morag says going to switch the TV off.

“WHOOOO I have number 15”

Morag rolls her eyes.

“WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I have number 35”

Roo sighs.

“WHOOOOOOOOOO I have number 26 too”

Gina takes in a sharp intake of breath.

“WHOOOOOOOOOOOO I have number 10 as well”

“Marilyn is getting ready to take a high jump for joy.

“WHOOOOOOOOOOOO I have number 47 would you believe it?”

Sid looks ready to faint.

“WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I have number 49”

Everyone just stares at the TV in shocked silence for a few moments.

“WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I won.”

Everyone nods to Colleen.

“WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I WON, I WON THE LOTTERY” Colleen screams.

A day or so later.

Miles looks up from his list of chores to see a man and woman standing at his front door.

“Hey can I help you?” Miles asks.

“Well I already know the answer to that question, but yes lets go through the motions shall we?” The man says.

“Er ok your wanting a van to stay in?”

Miles looks up to the man and woman to see them gazing with great wonder at the room.

“Well this really is it, oh what a lot of history this house holds. It all started with Pippa and Tom Fletcher you know and their little daughter Sally, which who then later took the reins from Pippa.”

The man takes a look at a rather confused looking Miles.

“Oh how is your sister Miles have you had the phone call from her where she will ask you to join her in Thailand yet?”

Miles shakes his head.

“Oh trust me you will receive that call soon.”

Miles takes a gulp before he tries to speak.

“Who are you?”

The man and woman both hold their outstretched hands out to him.

“Oh how silly of us we are Cameron Welsh and Lucy Addario.

“Oh will you be staying in the bay for long?” Miles asks shaking their hands.

“Why yes I think we will, we feel at home here don’t we Lucy?”” Cameron asks to watch Lucy nod in agreement.

Two Months later.

Everyone sits happily round Alf’s sizzling barbie

“May I have everyone’s attention please?”

Everyone turns to see Alf and John stood before them.

“Well we may of all had a flaming hard time of it all these last few months.”

“Here, here” everyone calls back.

“But John and I would just like to say a big flaming thank you for all your help. Thank you kids for staying in that scary house just to try and win that prize money for us.”

Xavier, Dex, Casey, Ruby and April all smile back.

“Oh yes that was very entertaining to watch even the parts with Romeo going bonkers over Ruby” John says laughing.

“I don’t remember that when was that?” Romeo asks looking very confused

“Oh wow they are some good pills I have put you on there Romeo” Sid laughs.

Romeo looks down to the little white bottle he has just taken out of his pocket.

“Oh are these pills? I thought they were tic tacs” Romeo says feeling rather baffled so just decides to cover his confusion with laughter.

Xavier feels a quick tap on his shoulder

“Xav have you seen my Dad?”

“Er no thank God he scares me, try Angelo’s Brax has him working as a pizza chef now” Xavier says.

Nicole who as soon as she had heard that Roman was back living in the bay, had decided to come see him. She still had the horror of seeing her Dad was now a zombie to come but even so she was happy to have him back in her life.

“Well thank you all again everyone it really means a lot to a pair of old goots like us that we are loved by so many of you, and Colleen thank you for buying that winning ticket without that I don’t know what would of flaming happened.”

“Oh don’t thank me thank Madge Wilkins she told me what numbers to have” Colleen speaks up over all the happy laughter.

“Honestly what is she physic?” Colleen laughs.

Meanwhile Xavier catches a glimpse of a old woman dressed in black amongst the crowd of Summer Bay’s residents.

Madge Wilkins gives Xavier a knowing smile.

“What is it Xav?” Dex asks coming up to the side of him.

“Oh just our dear old ghostly friend she helped us out Dex, giving Colleen those lottery numbers.” Dex and Xavier both raise their glasses in a way of a thank you.

Madge smiles back and then vanishes from Xavier and Dex’s sight.

“Well let’s go get us some burgers Xav” Dex says patting him on the back.

“Ok lets do that”

The sounds of happiness and laughter fill the caravan park as the celebrations of Alf and John’s homecoming and recovery conutines.

The End

Comments

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived