Things That Go Bump in the Night

Guest pembie

Thanks Sarah,Red,Screaming Queen,Beezz,Aden-Belle and Bobby Forever Missed,for the comments :D

Hope you like this one :D

Chapter 11

Looking smug from her victory over Dex the apparent War Lord of chess, Lottie slowly circles Xavier who gives her a amused look.

“From that look you are giving me I take it you think you’re good at pool.”

“Ah I’m not just good I’m a excellent player, you just ask Dex here how many times I have whipped him at it.”

Dex gives Lottie a weak looking smile as he watches his over confident friend boast.

“Er Xav maybe you shouldn’t be so big headed and so over confident here”

“No Dex let him, his over confidence will be his undoing” Lottie says as Xavier lets out another hoot of laughter.

“Ha you keep telling yourself that” Xavier says as he takes hold of a pool cue from the fitted stack of pool cues on the wall.

Lottie places a long sparkling polished marbled brown case onto the pool table, she turns back to Xavier and Dex smiling.

“Wow what’s in there?” Dex asks with his mouth gaping open inamazement.

“Is it the rule book of pool?” Xavier laughs.

“No but I will admit to you now I am abit rusty” Lottie says as she flicks the locks of the long brown case open. As soon as the lid has flopped onto the pool table Dex is peering inside to see what wonders it contains.

“WOW THAT IS AWESOME THAT IS NICE, XAV WOULD YOU TAKE A LOOK, OH MY IT’S PINK AS WELL MY FAVOURITE COLOUR. IT BEATS ALL THE BATTERED AND DAMAGED ONES AT THE SURF CLUB THAT’S FOR SURE” Dex shouts with delight.

“Dex what is so awesome and pink? What are you getting so unbelievably excited about?” Xavier groans with impatience.

Dex twirls round in such a dreamlike state; he doesn’t seem to notice that he comes within inches of whacking Xavier in the face.

“This Xav this” Dex says gazing at a shiny sparkling long pink poo cue with a black lighting bolt going down the side of it.

Xavier takes a glance at his chipped and tatty looking pool cue in his hands a silently prays.

“Wow Xav there’s some words here going down the side, LIGHTENING SOMETIMES STRIKES TWICE SO GET READY TO BE BURNED.”

Xavier wishes Dex would just stop talking now because he was starting to feel a tiny abit nervous, nervous of being whipped by a girl.

What was that burning smell? Either it was the pizza having been cooked for too long, and Romeo hoped to the heavens it wasn’t the pizz. because he would definitely miss out on tips if it was. Especially if you could smell the brunt pizza through its box but if the burning smell wasn’t the pizza it could only be….

Suddenly the little pizza devilry scooter starts billowing black smoke from its exhaust, which causes Romeo to start choking. Oh what a day he was having why had he let Indi nag him into asking Brax for this job? Was he really cut out to be a pizza delivery guy? No was the answer to that question, but because of Indi Romeo had found himself being hired by Brax.

What with Xavier and Casey away being scared witless for money, Brax had given him the stress of delivering people’s pizzas, and stressful it was too not only did you have to deliver the pizza to the customer within a 30 minutes time scale and if that wasn’t managed to be done you had to give the pizza away for free. Romeo now had a knacked scooter, and too make matters worse he had no idea where he was going.

He must have been going round to circles for so long that he had worn the scooter’s engine out. Maybe he should of asked Brax for a map before setting out but that would have just sounded dumb and stupid, Summer Bay was a small town after all. But in his panic Romeo has lost all his common sense even the place where he lives has turned into a blur of confusion.

Romeo looks at his watch only ten minutes to go until he wouldn’t be getting paid for this delivery. With the black smoke seemly eased down Romeo revs the scooter’s engine It let’s out a series of stuttering coughs before it takes off like a insane rocket. The look of terror on Romeo’s face as he desperately tries to ease back on the scooter’s brakes is priceless.

With the wind in his hair and the fly’s in his teeth Romeo gazes round not having a clue where he is. Was he even still in Summer Bay? He just didn’t have the fogies idea with time against him and a hot piping pizza sat behind him going cold Romeo wasn’t left with much other choice than to phone Brax, and that was one phone call he wasn’t looking forward to having. Parking the scooter at the side of the road, Romeo nervously takes his mobile from his pocket and then just stares at the phone screen before nervously finding Brax’s number.

While he paced up and down the abandoned road a dreadful thought occurs to him. What if the scooter didn’t start up again? Brax would be taking the repairs of the broken scooter out of his pay that he was sure of.

Romeo gulped as he hears Brax’s voice on the other end of the phone.

“Yep?”

“Er Brax”

“You anit lost are you? I told you to take the map eh.”

“I well I………”

“Hey listen we have been waiting for nearly half an hour now eh.”

“Yeah I know I……..hang on did you just say we?”

“I mean the costumer eh.”

“Well Brax I’m sorry but this is a very dodgy scooter I think the engine is……….”

Hey, hey enough with the excuses just deliver this pizza already, we are staving here oh I mean I bet whoever ordered this pizza is staving.”

Romeo looks at his phone confused had Brax just said we again? Or was it just the fumes from the scooter getting to his head? Romeo wasn’t sure but as he placed his phone back to ear he hears the sound of a female giggling.

“Quiet babe he will hear you.”

“Brax you are naughty” Romeo hears the female saying.

“Yeah but you love it Charlie” Brax says back the both of them now in a right fit of giggles.

“Charlie?”

“What eh?”

“Charlie you with Charlie aren’t you at the restaurant?”

“Of course I am where else would I be?”

“You’re with Charlie”

No I’m with a different Charlie she’s a new waitress I just hired.”

“Well it sounds like you two are having a good time.”

“She’s just a happy worker eh, now come on or you won’t be paid.”

“I only have 3 minutes to go and I’m lost and I can’t read the address and….”

“Yeah, yeah just hop on that scooter and I will tell you where to go.”

Romeo gets back on the scooter and after revving the engine about thousand times the scooter once again takes off like a rocket.

Charlie hugs Brax from behind as he stands at the window watching Romeo through a pair of binoculars.

“Yep go left now.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yep”

“Brax this looks very much like the way to your house.”

“Naaaa don’t be stupid eh, now take a right then straight up the road it’s the house with the door wide open.”

“Oh did I forget to shut that again Brax do you think your neighbours heard us? Brax we was quite noisy in the bedroom” Charlie giggles, Brax smiles back at her.

Romeo jumps from the scooter and with pizza in hand he walks up to the house. It very much looks like the Braxtons home to him, Romeo pokes his head inside.

“Hello got your pizza here.”

“About time” Brax says coming and snatching the pizza box from his hands.

“Tut, tut, tut your late eh, well Romeo you know company policy deliver within 30 minutes or the costumer gets the pizza free.”

“BRAX WHAT YOU…….. ORDERED THIS?”

“That I did come on Charlie we have free pizza to eat lets take it to the bedroom” Brax says as Charlie runs off towards the bedroom giggling.

“I cant believe you” Romeo says.

Brax laughs.

“Well thanks for the employee discount Romeo, oh and Romeo one more thing before you go.”

“Yes?” Romeo says through gritted teeth.

“Your sacked mate” Brax says as he shuts the door in Romeo’s face.

Romeo sighs.

“Are you sure it is wise to let me break?”

Xavier nods his head as he watches Lottie walk up to the pool table.

“It’s not as if your going to pot every ball is it now, with the first shot?” Xavier says as he looks over to a nervous looking Dex.

“Er If I was a betting man I wouldn’t bet against it dude.”

“Oh Dex just because she beat you doesn’t mean that she’s going to win here don’t worry I have this in the bag.

Lottie stands at the pool table very awkwardly which makes Xavier howl with laughter, and what makes it even funnier for him is when he catches Lottie nearly whacking herself in the face with her bright pink pool cue.

Dex sits silently watching as Lottie lines herself up and the sends the cue ball on its way.

Xavier is too busy laughing to notice the ball as it travels down to the neatly stack of balls before smashing each and every pool ball, knocking each of them to an end pocket of the table.

“Oh that was a great laugh Dex, she has trouble even just standing with the pool cue so…. Anyway is it my turn now?” Xavier looks to see a empty pool table.

“Er where are all the balls gone?”

“Oh would you look at that I potted every single one, blink and you would of missed it.”

Xavier watches as the hanging prize money ahead drops down yet another trap door.

“Tripe or nothing?”

“Fine if you think you can handle it” Lottie says as Xavier quickly sets up the table again.

“I think it has something to do with angles Xav” Dex says as he goes to mock hit one of the pool balls with Lottie’s pink pool cue.

“DEX NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO” Xavier shouts as a loud ripping of cloth can be heard.

“Oh my it’s a wonder Lottie just beat you Xavier with this giant rip in the table, I think it must be a rigged table or something.” Dex says.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Aden-Belle,Red,Sarah and Screaming Queen

Here's a short chapter for you hope you enjoy. :)

Chapter 12

“Well John you do look relaxed” Gina says as she pulls up a chair next to his hospital bed. Out of the corner of her eye she can see Alf and a sweet old looking lady engrossed in some kind of card game.

“And why wouldn’t I be relaxed Gina?” John asks as he rests his hands behind his head.

“Er because you are in hospital and……..”

“I don’t see it like that Gina my lovely, It’s just like a hotel if you think about it.”

Gina looks puzzled.

“You get to lie in bed all day, you get free food, today its roast beef. Plus you get all these drugs which send you higher than a kite. Plus I get a break from working nice young ladies to drool over……”

Gina glares at John causing him to drop his gaze of a young nurse as she walks past his bed.

“Oh well it is nice to see you are enjoying yourself while I have been going out of my mind with worry.” Gina says as her anger rising making her cheeks go a shade of rosy red.

“Yes I’m thinking positive Gina that is all, plus I have this to keep me entertained.” John says pointing at his small little TV.

On the screen Dex and Xavier are looking rather stressed as Dex holds up abit of torn cloth from the pool table, where Xavier had just been thrashed by Game Mistress Lottie.

“I don’t know why you are smiling John, Xav and Dex have just lost part of the funding for your operation.” Gina says still in an annoyed huff.

“Oh I didn’t realise, but even so it was very funny to watch” John laughs.

Morag and Colleen sit at the side of Alf’s bed.

“Hello Alfred.”

Morag waits a few more seconds before she tries to greet her brother once more.

“Hello Alfred” Morag rolls her eyes as there is no response from a engrossed Alf as he peers over the top of his playing cards at Daisy. She also gives him the eye from over the top of her playing cards.

“John would you get Alf for me please?” Morag asks sighing.

“Ah no sorry he and his lady friend there are in the middle of a serious poker game his in the zone at the minute” John says smiling.

Morag and Colleen plonk themselves down on their seats to await the end of Alf and Daisies game.

“Ok Daisy my lovely lets see those flaming cards of yours. I have a good feeling about beating you this time”

Daisy smiles a smile of utter sweetness as she places her cards down on the bed.

“Ah you see I have a flaming straight flush my………”.

“Oh flaming hell I was lucky there you handsome devil don’t you think?” Daisy asks.

While Alf is taken back and seems to be blinking uncontrollable at Daises royal flush.

“FLAMING HELL STONE THE CROWS” they both say simultaneously which causes Morag and Colleen to give each other a shocked look.

John suddenly sits up in his bed as the sound of some squeaky wheels starts their approach. Gina leans forwards looking concerned.

“What is it John are you in pain do you want me to get a nurse for you?”

“Oh no, no its dinner that’s all, oh I have been looking forward to this Alf grubs up.”

“Oh goodies Daisy are you staying? It would please me a lot if you said you would” Alf says.

“Of course I will I would flaming love too, who would of thought I would be getting dinner date offers in hospital?”

Nurse Julie smiles at John, Alf and Daises expressions as she approached them with their roast beef dinners.

“John do you think you should have that with your heart and everything?” Gina asks as she watches his beef grow closer.

“Oh Gina stop worrying its low calories beef” John says rolling his eyes.

“There you go guys enjoy” Nurse Julie says smiling as she places the plates in front of them. In one fluid movement John ’Alf and Daisy look down at their food with a look of disgust on their faces.

“WHAT…………..” Utters John.

“WHAT THE FLAMING HELL IS THIS MUCK?” Alf and Daisy shout together.

“Why it’s your dinner enjoy Nurse Julie says before turning and walking away with the food trolley.

Looking round in shock Alf catches Morag and Colleen sitting at the side of him.

“Hello Alfred.”

“Stone the crows Morag, Colleen how long have you been here? Actually never mind that go and get me something flaming decent to eat” Alf says as he pokes at his so called beef on his plate with his fork.

In the darkness of the room Ruby can hear the strange and creepy moans coming from her wardrobe. It would only be a few minutes until the thing inside the wardrobe would come tumbling out and fall on to her. Just like it had last night. Ruby gripped at her bed sheets and watches the mist of her breath float inches away from her face.

Inside the wardrobe Harvey continues to moan. Surely his coffin was more spacious than this. He doesn’t remember it being such a tight fit, it also doesn’t seem to be as soft as it used to be neither. Maybe in all his years of being a vampire maybe it needed replacing.

Ruby begins to sweat as her wardrobe starts to move. Whatever is in there sounds very angry. Suddenly the doors crash open and Harvey tumbles out onto Ruby who lets out a bone chilling scream.

Quickly realising that it wasn’t his coffin he had been in. Harvey covers his face with his black cape (even though the room is covered in blackness)

Ruby screams so loud she doesn’t hear Harvey dash from her room.

Harvey breathes a sigh of relief, but quickly gets going. What would he say if he was caught outside Ruby’s bedroom? They would mostly be thinking the worse, but sadly the real truth behind the reason would be far greater if not very embarrassing for Harvey.

I mean had anyone in the history of vampires ever heard of a sleep walking vampire? Harvey doubted it.

“I have got to stop sleep walking” Harvey mutters as he wanders away to the basement where his soft coffin awaited him.

Thanks Guys

Hope u enjoy

Chapter 13

In the dimly glow of the side table’s lamp Casey can sense being watched. No matter how hard he tries to ignore those continuous wandering eyes of hers he just can’t switch off and sleep.

April lays beneath her sheets gazing dreamily over at him. She just can’t take her eyes away from his bare chest and those muscles which had all of a sudden seemed had popped up from nowhere. Plus the sliver chained cross round his neck, gave him that slight edge of being a badass. April very quickly snuggles down and pretends to sleep as Casey looks over at her.

“April will you please stop checking me out? I’m trying to sleep here.”

April ignores Casey plea which makes him smile as he looks down to his pillow with a sudden idea.

“April I know you are awake I heard you sighing at the sight of me.” Casey says while slowly picking his white fluffy pillow up. April has now even gone the whole hog and as added a fake snore to her pretend sleep.

“Oh April, hey April, wakey wakey” Casey chuckles as he lobs the pillow across at her. He starts to laugh harder as the white fluffy pillow smacks her in the face.

“Owwwwwwwwww what… I was sleeping” April says while rubbing her eyes. Casey just grins across at her.

“We both know you weren’t” Casey says indicting his hands down his bare chest causing April too blush.

“Oh really Casey you do think a lot of yourself don’t you?” April says defensively before she chucks the pillow back at him. The force of her throw takes Casey by surprise and causes him to topple from his bed. After taking several minutes of being a tangled mess in amongst his bed sheets on the floor, Casey gets to his feet, and in those mere seconds of time April and Casey find themselves gazing at one another.

With a sudden ague to kiss him April sits on the side of his bed. Feeling the same sudden ague Casey sits on the other side of the bed. They both move in slowly to share a tender kiss. Casey can sense April’s minty fresh breath caress across his face.

“Mmmm minty” he sighs.

“Why thank you that’s down to my organic mint toothpaste” April sighs as their lips come within inches of their passion.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NO GET AWAY”

Casey and April suddenly snap back to reality as a loud bone chilling scream from Ruby fills the hallway outside.

“What is going on out there?” April manages to stutter.

“That sounds like Rubes” Casey says jumping off the bed and dashing to open the bedroom door a crack.

“Casey come away from the door maybe Ruby’s having a nightmare. Please don’t go out there.”

Casey ignores April’s protests for his safety and peers through the slight gap of his bedroom door.

In his great panic to leave Ruby’s room, Harvey has caught his black cape in her bedroom door. If that wasn’t a enough to heighten his stress levels the floorboards beneath his feet let out monstrous creaks as he fought with his trapped cape.

“April you stay here ok? I think someone’s trying to get to Ruby” Casey says as he looks back to April’s worried face.

“No Casey you can’t take on whatever is out there you have no weapon you…………”

Casey grins as he picks his surfboard up from leaning against their cupboard.

“Will this do?” Casey asks.

“How you going to use your surfboard as a weapon Casey?”

“I give that thing out there a good hard whack over the head with it, how’s that? Now you stay here and I don’t know go over your next recycling scheme ok?” Casey says as he edges his way out into the darkness of the hallway

Hearing the impatient grunts of Harvey as he tries to free himself from Ruby’s door, Casey with his surfboard raised over his head edges closer all the while Ruby’s screams can still be heard.

“OH COME ON YOU STUIPD PIECE OF……… GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR” Harvey screams if he wasn’t so pale and well dead, he was sure that at this point his blood would be boiling because his anger sure was.

Casey stood just behind Harvey the pissed off vampire. Now feeling suddenly very nervous and breathing fast, Casey brings his surfboard crashing down onto Harvey’s head. With the shock of being hit from behind Harvey crumples to the floor. Dropping his broad to the floor Casey quickly swings Ruby’s door open.

“Rubes are you alright?” Casey asks into the room then just like some whirlwind Ruby comes running into his arms.

“Oh Case I so scared oh thank you, thank you for saving me.”

“Hey no worries.”

“Hey is he dead?”

“No his just going have a really bad headache when he wakes up” Casey says frowning down at the odd caped form on the hallway floor.

“Oh I think you may find that I am very much dead.”

Casey looks to Ruby shocked.

“Who said that Rubes?”

“Well don’t look at me” Ruby says shrugging.

“Hello who’s there?” Casey asks as his eyes dart about in search of the deadpan toned voice.

“That will be me hello, down here.”

Ruby screams as she and Casey watch Harvey rise up from the floor.

“Now then who thought it would be a good idea to smash me over the head with oh I see a surfboard?” Harvey asks grinning over at Casey.

“Er I have no idea maybe you mama did it?” Casey says laughing.

“Don’t try and get smart with me, I would have you know I have sucked the life out of whole councils because they accused me of vote rigging.” Harvey says knocking Ruby to the floor and grabbing Casey by the neck and shoving him up against the wall.

“Do you want to see how big my fangs are Casey?” Harvey asks letting his shiny sharp fangs slid out from his gums.

“Well thanks for the offer there but I have no interest in seeing your fangs Harvey” Casey says smirking even though he is pinned in Harvey’s grip.

“CASEY SHOW HIM YOUR LITTLE SLIVER CROSS AT THE END OF YOUR NECK CHAIN.” April screams having opened the door to her and Casey’s room after hearing all the noise from out in the hallway.

With Harvey jeering at his throbbing neck and with Harvey pinning his arms up against the wall, Casey struggles to gather his neck chain in his teeth, then bringing his head back slightly Casey sucks on the chain allowing the little sliver cross to come level within Harvey’s eyesight. With a yelp of pain Harvey leaps back.

“Owwwwwwww watch it I will be back for you. Don’t think a little cross will protect you against me, crosses didn’t aid those helpless council members who said I was rigging the vote that time” Harvey says as he sweeps away into the darkness and gloom of the house.

“Phew that was close don’t you think Ruby?” Casey says glancing round for her he catches sight of her standing in the doorway to her room holding her suitcase.

“Ruby?”

“I have had enough Case I’m leaving this house it’s just too scary.”

“Oh Ruby come on what about the money we are helping Xavier to get?”

“When I agreed to do this I thought it would be a laugh and all pretend. But the monsters here are real, I’m sorry about John and Mr Stewart being ill and all that, but there must be a easier way to get the money than this” Ruby says as she walks over to the staircase. Casey looks to April for guidance of how to stop Ruby leaving but she just shrugs.

“Well, well boys I will have to take some money from the prize fund to pay for repairs” Cameron Welsh says shaking his head at Xavier and Dex.

“What for some cloth?” Xavier asks as he holds up the ripped piece of cloth from the pool table.

“Yes that pool table is unless now, Lottie can no longer win at pool” Cameron says.

“Oh cool Lottie you want another game?” Xavier asks smiling.

“Dream on I could still beat you” Lottie smirks back.

“Yes you could couldn’t you?” Dex says which earns him a smile from Lottie.

“Ah is it wrong that I am feeling a flutter of butterflies in my stomach right now at how pretty you look when you smile?” Dex asks.

“Wrong no why would it be wrong Dex?”

“Well you looking like my sister Indi it just seems a abit creepy that I am finding you attractive right now?” Dex says as he blushes because of the kiss on the cheek that Lottie is now giving him.

“What about April Dex?” Cameron asks.

“April who?” Dex asks still in mid blush from Lottie’s kiss.

“Mr Welsh I want to leave please” Ruby says as she lets her suitcase thud over the last step of the staircase.

“You would, would you?” Cameron says grinning.

“Ruby babe no you can’t” Xavier says looking shocked.

“Yes I can I just had a vampire in my wardrobe he just tried to kill Casey so yes I would like to go now”

“Is this Harvey I forgot to mention that he sleep walks Cameron sighs.

“Yes you may of also forgotten to say that this whole thing isn’t pretend that is house is really dangerous” Ruby says heaving her case over to the door.

“Er Ruby you can’t leave by the front door the gate is locked for your own safety” Cameron says.

“You mean we are being held like prisoners I do not like the sound of that, we are not lab rats you know?” April says looking outraged.

“The only way back to the road is to go through the overgrown back garden Ruby make a left when you walk out the door will you?” Cameron says smiling.

Ok then Ruby says opening the front door

“I will have Lurch meet you to drive you too the airport to go back home” Cameron adds.

“Rubes you can’t leave now its dark I will come with you” Xavier says coming forwards.

“Are you leaving too Xavier?” Cameron asks.

“No I’m coming back once I know Ruby is alright.”

“If you go with her now you will forfeit your place you can’t come back” Cameron says.

Xavier sighs as he watches Ruby disappear into the misty night.

Cameron gets everyone to gather round the large window in the living room to watch Ruby drag her suitcase through the overgrown weeds of the house’s garden.

“We really should hired someone to cut the garden back abit Cameron Lucy says as she looks out at the wildness which was the garden

“Hmm I think I know of a person who could be our gardener Cameron says grinning.

Thanks Sarah,Red,Aden-Belle and Screaming Queen

Sorry about long wait real life took over. :P

Hope you like this one.

Chapter 14

With Dex too busy blabbing away to Lottie, and April following Casey round like a lovesick puppy. Xavier has made his way back to his and Dex’s bedroom, with a long and tried sigh Xavier flops himself down onto his bed. He couldn’t believe Ruby had quit, why hadn’t he been there for her more? He was her boyfriend after all. How had he missed at how scared she had been? While he knew that Ruby was on her way back home where she would feel safe Xavier couldn’t help but feel at a loss without her. He hoped to see her again, yes that’s right hoped, because he couldn’t help but think that there was a hint of truth to Ruby’s warning that the house was indeed dangerous.

With a hand Xavier quickly wipes the all of sudden tears from his eyes.

“Now, now dear stop those tears.”

Xavier’s head snaps round to the side to see the old woman dressed all in black smiling at him.

“What ever is the matter sweetie?”

Xavier suddenly feels a icy chill go down his spine as the old woman sits with him on the bed.

“Oh no dear you look like you have just seen a ghost.”

“How did you get in here I locked the door?” Xavier says as he jiggles the skull like key through his fingers.

“Well you look like you could do with a good old natter, and I’m always up for a gossip,” The sweet looking and rather spooky old woman says.

“Ruby my girlfriend has left the house meaning she was too sacred to stay and I did nothing to stop her.”

The old woman puts her arm round Xavier’s shoulder, but funnily enough Xavier doesn’t feel her touch.

“I’m sorry my dear but Ruby is in a better place now.”

“Summer Bay isn’t the safest place to live you know?” Xavier says laughing as a cold shiver shoots down his spine.

“Ruby made the wise choice in leaving this place.”

“What do you mean by that?” Xavier says glancing round to find no trace of the elderly woman.

“Hello where did you go?” Xavier asks into the empty room.

With a new found fear Ruby’s eyes dart round at the murky swampy mist of the overgrown huge weeds. Stepping out of that house has turned into a very bad mistake, Ruby was not now only sacred but lost as well. How big was the back garden? She had no idea with her view blocked by overgrown shrubs, and not to mention the gloom of the misty fog.

Ruby didn’t even realise what she was stepping in until she felt the slimy moist of wasteland beneath her steps. She had lost count at how many times she had tripped and fell because of loose branches and trees. On the odd occasion Ruby was sure it felt like something was dragging her backwards along the wet and slimly ground.

“HELP ME, HELP ME PLEASE” Ruby screams.

“Ruby don’t worry I’m here.”

“Mr Welsh is that you?”

“Yep.”

“What are you doing out here?” Ruby asks feeling shocked.

“Well Miss Addario said I should come find you, otherwise we would be flooded with complaints of having you wander off by yourself” Cameron Welsh explains.

“Phew I was lost so thank God” Ruby says sighing with relief.

“Well there is no need to worry anymore. I know this jungle of a back garden just like the back of my hand” Cameron says proudly.

“Oh really where are we now then we anywhere close to Lurch and the ride back home?” Ruby asks.

“Yes, yes we are.”

“How do you know that? When we can’t see in front of us?”

“I know by the feel of the ground as long as we are stood on solid ground we are not too far away.” Cameron says giving his foot a slight tap against the ground.

“Well is it solid?” Ruby asks sounding nervous.

“Not to alarm you or anything, BUT NO IT’S NOT” Cameron Welsh screams.

“Oh really so where are we?” Ruby asks.

“IN THE QUICKSAND PIT.”

“Mr Welsh are you sinking will I help?”

“OH I THOUGHT YOU WOULD NEVER ASK, TAKE THREE CAREFUL STEPS TO YOUR LEFT AND THEN REACH OUT AND GRAB ME.”

Ruby does as she is told and quickly locates Cameron Welsh’s outstretched hands.

“PULL RUBY DON’T LET THE LITTLE BEGGARS GET ME.”

Ruby tugs but as she does, she can feel the stronger tug come from beneath the sand.

Cameron knows it’s no good as he feels the attacking vines under the sand pulling him deeper into the depths of the sand.

“THAT BITCH LUCY ADDARIO, YOU DO KNOW WHY SHE SENT ME AFTER YOU REALLY DON’T YOU?”

“Er to make sure I’m ok?” Ruby asks unsure.

“NO, NO SHE WANT’S ME OUT THE WAY SO SHE CAN TAKE OVER. AND WHAT A BETTER WAY TO BOOST RATING THAN TO HAVE ME DRAGGED TO MY DEATH IN QUICKSAND” Cameron screams as Ruby loses her grip of him. There are sounds of the final bubbles as Cameron Welsh gets sucked down before Ruby glances round with worry at being once again alone and lost.

For the millionth time the next morning Indi looks up from her study book to see Romeo pacing.

“Oh Romeo for………”

“Indi please I’m nervous what if none of the jobs I applied for want me?”

“Romeo will you just wait to see if any post comes first before panicking, and stop pacing I’m trying to study” Indi says going back to her text book.

“Fine” Romeo says walking back towards the table but at the noise of the door flap he has ran to catch the letter even before it has chance to hit the floor.

Looking down at it Romeo soon realises that it is not a letter of such but a little black card.

“Romeo Smith you are requested to attend a interview” Romeo says reading the words to himself.

“Er Indi did you send off for this job for me? They want me for a interview.”

“Romeo quiet please?” Indi says before sighing as she sits at the table looking stressed.

“Fine” Romeo says opening and walking out the door.

A few hours later.

Some hours seemed to have pasted, but Romeo hasn’t seemed to have noticed as he wanders the quiet road back to the farm.

“I have been requested for a interview with who?” Romeo asks himself. He doesn’t see or hear the long black car with blacked out windows pull up behind him.

Two smartly suited guys exit the car and quickly cover Romeo’s head with a large brown bag. Then giving him a quick kick in the shins they throw Romeo inside the car.

A slight dust cloud fills the air as the long blacked out windowed car drives away.

Thanks Guys

Hope you like this one. :D

Chapter 15

A gleeful happiness fills Dex as he skips his way back to his room. He had just spent the whole night having the nerdiest chat with Lottie, and now he is well and truly on cloud nine.

“Casey?”

“Dex you look… er happy” Casey says having come to peek out his door having heard Dex’s gleeful humming.

“Yes I can well and truthfully say I am in love.”

“Oh no Dex I’m sorry but I’m not letting you in here” Casey says putting his knee up against the door.

“Casey why on ever would I want to come in your room?” Dex asks confused.

“To confess your undying love to April, sorry dude I can’t let you do that see it would only embarrass you” Casey says with a slight blush.

“Oh no I’m sooooooooooooooooooooo over April Casey” Dex says grinning.

“Oh you are?” Casey asks feeling quite taken back by this very surprising revelation.

“Yep so Casey why don’t you get back to the eco warrior princess now?” Dex says as he gives his bedroom door a little push, he isn’t sure but was Xavier talking to someone? If he was Dex couldn’t hear the other person’s responses.

“Ok I will get back to April Dex” Casey says sounding more excited about it than he had first attended too, Dex raises his eyebrows.

“OOOOOOOH CASEY AND APRIL SITTING IN A TREE K I S S I N G”

“Shut it Dex” Casey says quickly slamming his bedroom door, Dex just smiles as he enters his room.

“I mean I hope she gets back home safe, oh why did Ruby have to go? I should have gone with her shouldn’t I?” Xavier was saying to what looked to Dex as thin air.

“Are you asking me that question Xav or your imaginary friend?”

Xavier twirls round.

“I’m asking her of course Dex, the nice old woman here. But she isn’t being that helpful really she keeps vanishing.”

“Well that’s the trouble with ghosts Xav here one minute and gone the next.”

Xavier frowns in confusion.

“Yes Xav she’s a ghost, what other logical explanation is there?” Dex asks.

Xavier looks totally freaked out.

“Oh of course she is the one who was waving at you from the window when we first got here, and I have spoke to her before. I was so worried about Ruby I totally forgot but our friendly ghost.”

“Well just think your worries will be the talk of the spirit world now Xav” Dex says opening his wardrobe, stepping back he gazes at all the choices of his brightly coloured t shirts and shorts.

“Dex what do you think I should do?”

“Hmmm do I go for a green t shirt or blue, or red….”

“Do I quit too and go and find Ruby or…”

“Hmm after I have my t shirt sorted then we have the question of what shorts I wear……”

“That Lurch guy is giving Ruby a lift back to the airport. I’m not too sure I trust him do you Dex?”

“I’m just going to stick with my pink t shirt and go for black shorts I think” Dex says as he stands pondering, with look of deep thought upon his face. He shivers as a chill sweeps his way.

“Xav close the window will you please?”

Dex feels a touch of a fingernail tap him on the shoulder, letting out a girly yelp he twirls round to see the sweet old woman.

“Dex go give your friend a hug, looks like his in need of one” she says pointing over to an upset looking Xavier.

“Er um well.”

“Go on Dexter go tell him Ruby is ok.”

“What now?” Dex asks looking sheepishly over at Xavier.

“Yes why are you busy?” The old woman says glaring at him.

“Well yes I’m just getting ready for a date you see” Dex says.

The old woman starts to tap her foot, sighing Dex walks over to Xavier.

“Er Dex what is it?” Xavier asks looking up at him.

“Errrrrrrrr” Dex then places his arms awkwardly round Xavier.

“Errr Dex what are we doing?” Xavier says feeling abit sacred.

“It’s called hugging I think.”

“Ok.”

Dex then looks to the old woman.

“Tell him Ruby’s ok.”

“Er Xavey Ruby’s going to be fine.”

Dex then quickly pulls out of the hug.

“Er thanks for er hugging me Dex, I wasn’t expecting it” Xavier says.

“Er no problem” Dex says going quickly back to looking in his wardrobe

“Dex I have to ask you something” Xavier says.

“Sure”

“Did you just call me Xavey”

“Yes”

“Why?” Xavier asks with a hint of a laugh to his voice.

“I don’t know guess I was nervous” Dex answers as he looks over to the old woman.

“Well done Dexter he looks happier now.”

Dex nods.

“Oh and don’t worry Ruby really is ok, well for the time being at least.”

“Dex so what are you doing here anyway” Xavier asks causing Dex to stop gazing at the bare wall across the room.

“Er I have a hot date with Lottie tonight, I’m meeting her Mum and Dad.” Dex says, turning to Xavier.

“Oh cool what time?”

“Oh I can’t go until after dark for some reason.”

“Oh odd but I hope it goes well for you dude” Xavier says smiling.

Blinding light fills his eyes as the bag on his head is removed.

“Thank you gentlemen” Lucy Addario paces round the tied down Romeo the smartly dressed men in black step back.

“Mr Smith I would advise you to not look directly into the spotlight.”

“What’s going on, where am I?” Romeo says as he tries to move in his chair.

“Why you are at your job interview, I trust you got the mail saying you were requested to come along?” Lucy Addario asks leaning over him.

“Yes I got something like that I………”

“Well let’s start shall we? Ask any questions you may have as we go along” Lucy says adjusting the spotlight over Romeo’s face.

“Ok why am I tied to a chair?”

“Oh Mr Smith I thought you would like to know what the job would involve mainly?”

“JOB WHAT JOB WHAT IS THIS?”

“Well Mr Smith we have a very messy garden, why you could go as far as to say its abit of a jungle out there.”

“I don’t think it interests me that sorry” Romeo says.

“WELL I DON’T REALLY CARE TO WHAT INTERESTS YOU ROMEO” Lucy screams.

“Now I have your CV here and all I can say is oh dear. Pizza boy lasted a day worked as a handyman in the local caravan park, but left after getting bored well that wasn’t too handy now was it?” Lucy says tutting.

“I want to surf that’s where my passion lies” Romeo says.

“I bet you were gutted when your wife sold your broad on ebay”

Romeo looks shocked.

“How…?”

“Oh Cameron Welsh has caught me up about you don’t worry.”

“Who’s Cameron Welsh?” Romeo asks.

“Oh that no longer matters; I’m at the reins now” Lucy chuckles.

“Well I’m not doing any gardening for you.”

“Oh really not even for £200 a hour? I know you and Indi need the money and it would be a waste of a plane trip to Transylvania if you turned it down.”

“Where did you say I was Transylvania …..?” Romeo stutters.

“Oh if you managed to scary the others I will throw you an extra £100 bonus in” Lucy was saying.

Romeo turns to see Xavier and Dex, Casey and April standing at the bottom of the staircase.

“Oh Dex I can’t wait for our date tonight” Lottie says running over to him.

“Indi? What on earth is going on here?” Romeo asks.

“Nooo mate she isn’t Indi, she is Lottie” Dex says as he kissies Lottie on the nose.

“You start right now Romeo so chop, chop out you go” Lucy says as the men in black untie him from his chair.

Lucy then guides him over to the front door.

“Take a left Romeo when you get outside.”

Romeo looks to the door as it slowly begins to creak open, he jumps back as a stumbling zombie falls through the open doorway.

“Ruby?” Romeo says.

“Romeo what are you doing here?” Ruby asks.

“His our new gardener, his going to take care of that overgrown jungle out there” Lucy says.

“RUBY” Xavier screams dashing over to her and hugging her.

“I’m alright Roman here helped me back” Mr Welsh is dead though”

“WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT” everyone shouts.

Romeo is just about to turn back but Lucy quickly pushes him out the door.

“Romeo chop, chop oh yes this is one job you wont be able to quit.”

“Why?”

“Well let’s just say you probably will be lost once you enter the undergrowth of the garden

“Lost?” Romeo asks feeling rather stressed out.

“Yes lost in your work of course” Lucy says chucking Romeo a heavy bag of gardening tools.

Romeo then filches as the door to the house slams shut, which causes the heavy door knocker to echo off its wooden frame. Romeo then turns and follows the path to the left of the house which leads to the house’s garden.

Thank's Red, Sarah and Screaming Queen,

Screaming Queen, I hadn't thought of Romeo getting lost in the garden forever... :lol: :lol: all I can say is he is in for a tough time. :D

We have now reached the halfway mark of this story so I like to say thanks to you all for sticking with it.

Chapter 16

“INDI” Sid shouts from his sitting position on the sofa.

“Yes Dad?” Indi says walking into the living room where Sid is pointing at the TV.

“What is Romeo doing on TV?”

“His what?” Indi asks shocked.

Sid points to a sweaty looking Romeo as he rakes at a large wild bush.

“What’s he doing?” Indi says rolling her eyes.

Sid checks the TV magazine.

“Says here that we are watching that reality show Dex is doing to raise money for the hospital. But why is Romeo there?”

“It must be because of Ruby, his gone to see her” Indi mutters under her breath.

“Sorry what was that?” Sid asks.

“Oh nothing Dad don’t worry” Indi says giving the TV screen a look of death.

“If he really wanted to take gardening up that badly I could have give him some to do on the farm, there was no need to move to Transylvania to do it.”

Indi screams out in angry frustration of jealously and storms out of the room.

Sid looks totally baffled by this action.

“Ok I wonder what that was all about. Teenagers I guess.” Sid says shrugging as he goes back to watching Romeo attacking his bush.

April and Ruby are meanwhile trying to have a girly chat, which isn’t going to plan.

“Awwww just look at him” April gushes as she looks to Xavier who is lay on Casey’s bed, head in his hands smiling goofily over at them.

“Yes anyway I remember the time Charlie and I went on this mad shoe shopping spree, oh my it was so intense” Ruby says making sure she sounded really animated to draw April’s attention away from an on looking Xavier.

“Awww just look at that puppy eyed look Rubes, he never gave me that look when we were together.” April says as Ruby takes a fleeting gaze over at her boyfriend.

“It’s sweet isn’t it? Anyway you and Bianca must of brought some mad things? After all Bianca was going get married to a Prince once upon a time.”

“Vittorio yeah don’t remind me” April says rolling her eyes.

“Oh come on Bianca must have had something good off him?” Ruby says with impatience as she sees April’s gaze fall to Xavier once again.

“Oh yeah some rubes, diamonds, gold carrot necklaces stuff like that you know?” April says shrugging.

“WOW THAT IS WHAT I’M LOOKING FOR IN A MAN” Ruby screams with excitement.

“Well I’m sure Xavier here will buy you anything you want Rubes.”

Xavier sighs.

“Your so beautiful Ruby, I’m so glad you came back I missed you so much. I’m so sorry I let you wander into that scary sounding garden out there I………..”

“Xavier it’s very sweet that you are happy I’m back, but please will you just stop following me about like a lost puppy?”

Xavier looks hurt.

“Sorry I just………”

“Xavier you can’t being enjoying my and April’s girly chat, so go find something to do I will see you after.”

Xavier slowly sits at the edge of the bed he looks sadly round at Ruby.

“Go do something with Dex” Ruby says softly afraid that Xavier might burst into tears at any given moment.

“I can’t his busy getting ready for his date with Lottie, and please don’t ask me to go help him, his been rehearsing what his going say to her parents in front of the mirror for the last few hours.” Xavier says with a pleading begging look in his eyes.

“Fine go find Casey.”

Xavier groans.

“I’m bored.”

Ruby fixes him with a stern glare as she points to the door.

“Go find Casey now.”

It is at this point that the bedroom door is slammed open and a excited looking Casey with surfboard in hand comes bouncing through the doorway.

“I found him” Xavier says smiling before sitting down again.

“You never guess what?” Casey asks as he shakes his head of wet hair onto the carpet, which earns him a look of disproval from April.

“Errr you got with Miss Lucy Addario’s in the broom cupboard downstairs?” Xavier asks grinning.

“Ewww no why would you ask that? Just because I got with one teacher at school doesn’t mean I’m into older women Xav” Casey says quickly glancing across to April who looks to be in a jealous rage from Xavier’s comment.

“No Casey is into………” April stops talking and blushes violently with a slight cough Casey changes the subject.

“Lucy said I’m to take part in an intense surfing challenge tomorrow morning at 6am.”

“Well have fun” everyone says back together. they all hoped that Casey wasn’t about to say what they were all thinking but……..

“I need to do the challenge with a partner” Casey says the dreaded words.

“I was thinking you Ruby, but maybe not with that jealous look Xavier is giving me, Xav how about you?”

Xavier looks at Casey with a look of utter shock.

“No way I’m going to get up at 6am.”

Casey looks to April.

“Oh fine but I’m not pleased I’m your last choice.”

“Well I wasn’t going to pick Dex now was I?” Casey says laughing thinking of Dex’s reaction to being asked to do such a thing as to surf.

Romeo felt the madness of the jungle garden take it’s hold. Which way was it back to the house? As Romeo walks along looking at all the work he had done, he could swear that the cut back branches and bushes had grown back to what they were like before he had even started.

“HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO” Romeo shouts looking wildly round at the endless shades of green round him.

“Romeo”

Romeo looks to see Ruby standing in front of him.

“Ruby what you doing out here? I thought you were back at the house” Romeo asks confused.

“I come to find you Romeo, I don’t want you lost I love you.”

Romeo is taken back.

“I’m sorry what did you say?”

Ruby’s laughter to his question sends a chill down Romeo’s back he can sense something was not right here.

“Are you coming handsome?” Ruby shouts as she runs through the maze of green ahead of him.

But as Romeo follows after Ruby the wind has started to pick up its speed, like it is sending out a hidden message that Romeo doest understand. Ruby stops pointing Romeo is shocked to find the house staring back at him.

“Well thanks Rubes for showing me the way back shall we go inside?” Romeo is asking. From the upstairs window the other teens watch on.

“Errrr guys who is Romeo talking too?” Ruby asks.

“Maybe it’s a ghost they do seem rather chatting round here” Dex says as he twirls into the bedroom to show off his outfit of a pink t shirt and yellow shorts.

“Won’t this just make Lottie go wow tonight on our date?” Dex asks.

Everyone stares at him and answers with a……………..

“ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.”

Thanks Red and Sarah hope you like this one.

Chapter 17

“What’s your name please Sir?”

“ALF STEWART.”

“Ok Sir calm down.”

“DON’T TELL ME TO FLAMING CALM DOWN” Alf shouts as he digs his fingers into the phone receiver.

“And Mr Stewart I take it you’re a patient staying at the hospital with us at the moment?”

“NO I’M A FLAMING DOCTOR WHO JUST WANT’S TO PAY FOR LIMITED TV ACCESS. BUT I DON’T KNOW WHY I WOULD BECAUSE I CAN JUST GO HOME AND WATCH IT, SILLY ME WHAT A GALAH I AM.”

“Sir can I please take your credit card number?”

“Yes you can even though I gave it to you already it’s………”

“Sir I just need to put you on hold one second.”

Alf sighs as the sounds of the hospitals dedicated radio plays into his ear.

“No joy yet Alf?” John asks from his comfy position on his bed.

“No I’m going miss that fishing show if they don’t hurry up.”

“Well come and watch mine, Dexter’s just about to go on his date should be funny.” John says going back to watching the kids in their scary reality show.

Dex looks down to the small map, that Lottie had posted under his door with instructions of where to go for their date. Dex looks round feeling quite uneasy about where this map has led him so far. Not only is the darkness and blackness of the surrounding cave like area giving him the heebie jeebies there is a continuous dripping sound which is making him feel like he needs to go to the toilet.

“Thank you for waiting Sir now then what can I help you with?”

Alf sighs.

“I would like to pay for the next 24 hours of TV.”

Alf waits for an answer.

“Oh alright then what is your name?”

“Alf Stewart.”

“Oh it says you are no longer a patient with us.”

John watches Alf as he reaches boiling point with the young girl on the other end of the phone.

“Well I can very much flaming tell I am still a flaming patient.”

“Well it says here your not so………”

“I’M STILL LYING IN ONE OF YOUR FLAMING BEDS SO….JUST FOR PITY SAKE LET ME PAY FOR EXTRA TV TIME.”

There is a sudden sound of a dialling tone which makes Alf glare at the phone receiver in his hand.

“What’s the problem?” John asks smiling.

“She flaming hung up on me” Alf says.

“Maybe you sacred her off” John says nearly laughing.

“Why though I was pretty laid back with her?”

John just bursts out laughing at this remark; Alf had been anything but laid back during that phone call. He had come close to blowing a fuse John would of said.

Drip, Drip, Drip, Drip went the water as it fell down from some mysterious rock that Dex just can’t see. His not even sure if he can see the map anymore as he makes his way through the blackness abyss. He starts to shiver in his t shirt and shorts, if he had known that his and Lottie’s date would be taking place underground he would of wore something warmer. But this was the first girl since his break up with April and he was going to fight for a chance of having another girlfriend. and to make things better she was a nerd too so there was no way that Dex is going to miss out on tonight. But he can’t deny the nerves going through his body at this moment in time. He is feeling more nervous about this dark cave than he is about impressing her parents.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH A BAT I THINK I JUST FELT IT FLUTTER PAST MY HEAD I………”

“Dex there you are I thought you might of stood me up. Oh and don’t worry the bats are just Dad’s pets” Lottie says as she takes hold of Dex’s hand.

“What no I would never stand you up Lottie you are my fellow nerd. Us nerds must stick together and……… WHAT did you say your Dad keeps bats?”

“It’s kind of his thing with him being a………”

Dex pulls away from Lottie slightly as a dark form sweeps down from hanging above them on the rocky ceiling.

“Don’t be sacred Dex its only Dad.”

“What are you doing up there exercising or something?” Dex says with a shaky voice.

“Dexter” Harvey says holding out a cold clammy hand.

“HARVEY WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE LOTTIE I THOUGHT I WAS MEETING YOUR MOM AND DAD?” Dex shouts and jumps again as the sound of his own voice echoes back at him from the rocky stone walls.

“I’m Charlotte’s father Dexter.”

“Lottie Dad please call me Lottie.” Lottie says with a slight pout.

Harvey groans with annoyance at his mistake.

“WHAT I CAN’T BELIEVE…………”

“Dex please don’t shout you awake the dead, oh look its too late” Harvey says as they watch a stumbling Melissa climb out of her coffin.

“Oh Harvey you could have awoke me I wanted to look presentable for Lottie’s boyfriend.”

Dex tries his best to say something sweet to her even though he feels the need to gag as the smell of zombie makes its way over to him.

“Oh don’t worry you look drop dead gorgeous” Dex says hoping his enough and the look of disgust on his doesn’t give his real feelings away.

“I wouldn’t go as far as that Dexter but anyway come sit have dinner with us.” Harvey says pointing off somewhere into the cave.

Dex walks in the direction that Harvey had pointed and soon finds himself bumping into a large table. As he does he can’t help but feel he is in fact standing inside a large tomb.

“Love what you have done with the place its very tomb like” Dex says hoping to God that he wasn’t going to be told it was in fact a tomb.

“Well thank you Dex it’s very cosy down here, shame I have to share it with my not so loving bloodthirsty husband though.”

“Cheers” Harvey says causing Dex to quickly pick up his glass of red liquid

“Err this isn’t blood is it?”

“No it’s blackcurrant Dex” Harvey says smiling evilly.

“Errrrr right just checking well bottoms up” Dex says knocking his glass back.

“Hmmm smell that burgers and fries and steaks cooked by the handsome and sexy Roman himself” Melissa coos as she smiles to Roman as he places the food down in front of everyone.

“Ewww Mom stop flirting will you?” Lottie says shaking her head.

“I don’t mind I had it all my life women thinking I’m handsome” Roman says grinning which makes Lottie feel sick as Roman shows off his rotting teeth.

“Well that’s good isn’t it your getting the same reaction now even when your dead.” Dex says as he tucks into his burger. Roman looks at Dex confused why did he just say that he wasn’t dead? Why did people keep thinking that he was?”

“I’m not dead Dex” Roman says as his forehead flops down which causes him to gasp.

“Oh stop eating one sec”

Dex stops mid chew as Roman picks up something pink from off his plate.

“Ewwwwwwwwww” Lottie screams and buries her face into Dex’s t shirt

“Oh sorry about that” Roman says slotting a piece of his brain back into his forehead.

“No worries it’s a no brainy really” Dex says grinning, Then with a look of fright Roman backs away from the table as Harvey ushers him away with a glare.

“So Dex what do you like doing do you surf?”

Dex nearly chokes at this question.

“Why yes I do, well that is if you mean surfing the internet then yes I do a lot of surfing” Dex and Lottie share a smile.

“Oh what do you surf on there porn?”

“Dad, Harvey” Lottie and Melissa both say together in utter shock.

“No that is not what I call entertaining Sir. I feel blogging is more my style that way I can get my nerdness out there to everyone” Dex says with pride in his voice.

“Oh what else do you do, do you err fish?” Harvey asks unsure of what to say.

“That would be a no do you?”

“Errr no I tend to drink blood, sleep in the daytime, stay away from garlic and be moody most of the time” Harvey says taking a look at Melissa to see her nodding in agreement.

“Ah well that sounds………depressing” Dex says grinning.

“Right are we all done here?” Melissa says as she pulls out what looks to be a large game broad from under the table.

“Whooo we going to play trivia pursuit or something? Lottie your on my team” Dex says grinning.

“No we are going to call Ben” Harvey says as he sends the plates and glasses on the table smashing to the floor to make room for the weegie broad.

“I hope his in a better mood today and not so grumpy” Melissa says.

Dex looks to Lottie to see her sigh as she takes hold of his hand.

“Ben my darling are you there?” Melissa says gently.

“Yes Mummy” comes a young boy’s voice.

“Wow that was fast what do you have a fast connection too the other side or something?”

“Yes thanks to my wireless for my iphone” Harvey says.

“Is that geeky boy I talked to in his bathroom Mirror there Mummy?” Ben asks.

“Yes sweetheart”

“Goody STAY AWAY FROM THE LAKE OR SHE WILL GET YOU.”

“Er ok who?” Dex asks feeling scared.

“Why Martha the maneater mermaid of course silly.”

Thanks Red and Sarah I will be ending this story soon.

Hope you like this one

Chapter 18

“Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh what a beautiful morning don’t you both think?” Lucy Addario asks as she looks back over her shoulder at yawning Casey and April. She gives her hands a quick clap to bring the sleepy teens round to their beautiful surrounding, as well as to the sounds of the pleasure tweeting sounds of the birds in the overhanging trees of the forest.

“There’s nothing like getting up nice and early in the morning, it makes you feel nice and fresh for the day ahead.” Lucy says glaring at a rather dopey looking Casey. Who is leaning against his surfboard to support his balance while in his sleepy state. April is too busy shivering in her bikini to take in Lucy’s angry glaring eyes

“I sure feel fresh dressed like this” April says taking a look over at the lake where she and Casey soon would be taking it upon themselves to try and win the next instalment of the cash prize fund.

“Man Xav was right 6am is way too early” Casey moans.

“Casey seriously is this where you surf?” April asks stepping closer to the lake’s edge.

“Yep what do you think?” Casey asks with his eyes shut and his head resting against his broad.

“Yes please do tell Miss Scott. Isn’t it just a sight?” Lucy Addario says stepping forwards while taking a deep breath in.

“Just breathe in that air Miss Scott.”

“I’II rather not thanks.”

“Oh really?”

“Yes really if the toxics from this water get into your lungs you might very well die from a deadly disease.” April says as she looks at the lake in utter disgust.

“What is the problem April?” Lucy asks looking dreamily out at the water.

“The problem is that this lake is infested with litter.” April says turning with hands on her hips and a look of disapproval on her face.

Meanwhile Dex and Lottie are making their way back to Dex’s room. As they walk they find themselves caught up in a some what very taxing and complex chat.

“Well you tell me Lottie.”

“But I just don’t know the answer Dex.”

“Well there has to be an answer, everything has a answer.”

“Well we think we have found something which just doesn’t.”

Dex stops looking puzzled.

“No it was the chicken wasn’t it because without the chicken there just wouldn’t have been an egg?” Dex says as he starts to walk again.

“Ah but without the egg there wouldn’t have been chicken to lay the egg.” Lottie says.

“Baffling totally baffling Lottie, I do enjoy our night long chats” Dex says smiling as he opens the bedroom door.

“I do too Dex” Lottie says as Dex runs over to a snoring Xavier and Ruby.

“Xav Ruby what the heck you doing here?” Dex asks as he shakes Xavier awake.

“Oh hey Dex, Xavier said I could stay here last night he thought you and Lottie would be getting busy” Ruby says sleepily.

“Oh yes we have we chatted about what come first the chicken or the egg” Lottie says grinning at Dex.

“Oh what a way to spend an evening” Ruby says feeling rather puzzled on how that could possibly be fun.

“What’s with Xavier is he in a coma or something?” Dex asks still shaking him Ruby laughs.

“Would you like me to touch him in his special area?” Ruby asks.

“Errrr if it will get him up I say what the hell go for it” Dex says as he watches Ruby’s hand moving about somewhere under the bedcovers.

“Oh Xavey Wavey wakey, wakey.”

Xavier’s eyes shoot open.

“WELL HELLO MY SEXY SEX KITTEN RUBY………DEX” Xavier shouts as Dex quickly rolls him away from Ruby.

“Xavier do you know if Casey and April are still asleep?”

“No dude they are not I heard Casey banging round in his room…..”

“What with April?” Dex asks.

“No his surfboard they went down to the lake….”

Dex quickly looks round to spot Xavier’s clothes on a nearby chair. He runs over to the chair and starts to throw Xavier’s clothes backwards onto the bed.

“What the hell Dex? Lottie has he had too much sugar on your date or something?” Xavier asks as he starts to fold his clothes.

“Xav get dressed we need to go save April” Dex says in a mad sounding panic.

“Don’t forget Casey” Ruby adds sitting bolt upright in bed.

“Oh yes him too now come on people” Dex says as Xavier starts to pull on his t shirt.

“Now do you understand the rules?” Lucy sighs as April just glares to her.

“I do but I am not getting in that mucky water.”

Lucy sighs once more.

“Casey come and talk your girlfriend round will you? CASEY”

Casey who has been happily sleeping and quietly snoring against his stood upright surfboard jumps.

“WHAT?”

“April would you care to tell Casey the rules of the challenge, he seems to have slept through it when I explained it to you” Lucy tuts.

“We have to collect all the green flags which are bobbing up and down from some boys over there. But there will be some big waves making it hard for us to get too them, not to mention the litter” April finishes off with.

“I’m sorry Miss Scott what was that last bit I don’t seem to remember adding that last part” Lucy says.

“Oh nothing, by the way you say there will be big waves trying to stop us but I don’t see any hint of a wave. Casey you said you have been surfing on this lake?” April asks as she looks out to a peaceful lake.

Casey smiles as he walks over to an old looking gear box hidden in the dirt by the side of the water.

“April would you take a look at this?” Casey says sitting down to the small box

“What is that thing?” April asks.

“It’s a wave machine” Casey says laughing.

“Well that is disappointing after the way you have been hyping this lake up as being the best surfing experience you have ever had………”

“April it’s a lake how else did you think I have been surfing on it? Of course you can’t just go surfing on a lake.”

“A wave machine I would have never guessed” April says as Casey gets to sorting the settings of the wave machine ready too go.

“No need to set up Casey, it is already set to the highest level” Lucy says.

“But it says it’s dangerous to set it at its highest level” Casey says just as Lucy starts to walk back towards the house.

As the rumble of the waves on the surface of the lake made by the wave machine starts to come alive Martha is awoken from her sleep.

Romeo looks up from his breakfast as the teens hurry across to the front door.

“Ruby I would just like to say I’m flattered from what you said to me yesterday but I’m with Indi and……..”

“I know that Romeo” Ruby says looking over to him.

“Well it was sweet of you to say that you love me” Romeo smiles.

“I never said that to you Romeo I…..I didn’t Xav. I don’t know what he is on about I..”

Xavier is looking from Romeo to Ruby as the teens run out of the house.

April coughs as she gets a face full of a huge wave, Casey looks back over his shoulder at her.

“You alright take it easy; work with the wave not against it.”

“That’s easy for you to say, you haven’t just had to drink some disgusting water” April calls back.

Casey rides high above on a huge wave getting ready to grab his 5th green flag. April had managed to grab two.

“Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo this is kind of fun” Casey calls out.

Martha meanwhile lays beneath the water getting ready to strike.

“Wow really?” Xavier says sounding surprised.

“Yep Lottie’s dead brother Ben warned me about Casey and April being in danger from a mermaid called Martha” Dex says.

“Do you think its Martha I mean we don’t know what has happened to her since she when on the run with your brother Hugo Xav.” Ruby says just as a loud roar is and two loud screams are heard

Martha grips hard at Casey and April’s ankles as she slowly pulls them under the water.

“Errr it looks very much like Martha Dex” Xavier says as he runs over to grab hold of Casey and April’s outstretched arms.

“Dex take hold of me from behind, Ruby, Lottie you do the same” Xavier orders.

The four teens form a chain line and begin to pull with all their might. Martha howls with anger as she loses her grip which cause the teens including Casey and April to go tumbling down a gaping unnoticed hole in the undergrowth of the forest.

Martha sighs ever since falling from Hugo’s boat and being stranded in this lake, she has felt puzzled why people were so scared of her. she swims to the water’s edge and continued to wait for yet more help to come.

Thanks Red and Sarah. Now I'm not sure about this one I have tried to clear some mysteries up with this chapter. Hopefully you understand. :unsure:

Hope you enjoy this update.

Chapter 19

Romeo lifts his sharp pointer rake up high into the air with a look of angry menace in his eyes. Why oh why did these troublesome vines keep growing back?

“Oh my you look like your getting hot and sweaty there Romeo.”

Romeo sighs as he takes a look behind him to see Ruby smiling back at him.

“Rubes God you gave me a fright.”

“Oh what a big old rake you have there Romeo” Ruby says walking over to him. Romeo is shocked when Ruby starts to hug him pressing herself into his chest.

“Ah this is nice isn’t it Romeo? I want you please say you want me too” Ruby gently whispers, Romeo allows the whisper to linger in the light breezy air of the jungle garden. What the hell was going on here? He wonders.

Martha sits with her legs dangling in the lake’s water. She often took a swim in the lake to keep warm these days. She had been waiting for rescue now for so long, and Hugo had been gone to try and get some help but that had been so long ago now that she had just given up hope of him ever returning. Martha had spent so long lost in this deep dark forest now down by the lake that she was sure she had heard people call her a mermaid which was to be feared. Oh silly people and their stupid rumours. Martha would laugh but she had caught glimpses of the real beast that did actually live in the depths of the lake. Martha once more sighs as she waits in hope of some people who just happen to come down to the lake. Hopefully then Martha’s nightmare would be over.

Romeo can’t help but feel his attraction for Ruby grow, as he looks into her eyes. What he doesn’t realise is that it is not really Ruby standing hugging him.

Ruby looks up at him and next thing Romeo knows is that they are kissing.

Lying in a crumpled heap on what feels to be a carpeted floor, the six teens look blindly up at ceiling of brightly lit lampshades

“Well, well you fancy a good old read now do you?” The ghostly form of the sweet old woman in black asks as she looks down at them.

“What do you mean do you fancy a read?” Xavier asks sitting up.

“Oh no.”

“What is Xav?” Casey asks before taking a gaze round the room.

“Oh no get me out of here now” Casey says causing Ruby to giggle.

“What is it guys?” Ruby asks sitting up.

“Books we are surrounded by countless books Rubes” Casey says.

“Did you say books?” Dex and Lottie both say both sitting up together.

“Welcome to the house’s library the ghost of the old woman says.

“COOL WOW IT LOOKS LIKE SUCH A BIG LIBRARY” Dex and Lottie both shout as they look at each other. The look in their eyes is just the same as a small child would have being let loose in a sweet shop.

“This library holds all the answers to this very house why the answer to escaping here might very well be hidden away here somewhere” the old woman says smiling.

“Well off you go then you two go and find the answers.”

“Casey and please do tell what will you and Xavier and the girls be doing while we are off seeking answers?” Dex asks.

“Well I plan either sleeping, because this place looks so boring or……”

“Oh no you won’t Casey I will keep you entertained” April laughs quite naughtily.

Dex and Lottie both roll their eyes.

“Xav what will you be doing?” Dex asks turning to see Xavier and Ruby had gone off to a quiet area of the library for a snogging session.

“Oh I see come on Lottie let’s go and read some books” Dex says taking hold of Lottie’s hand. They then begin to happily skip towards the treat of books that awaited them.

The jungle gardens evil continues to take its hold over Romeo’s mind. Romeo jumps back in shock as he realising that he is stood hugging and kissing a prickly brush he quickly pulls away from it.

“Ruby where are you?” Romeo asks into the silence of the garden.

“I’m right here baby.”

Romeo looks back to where the brush had been a few seconds before to see that Ruby has now replaced it.

“Awww your face is bleeding” Ruby says before turning into a black form of smoke. Romeo picks up his rake and begins to chase after the black smoke form.

“STOP BEING SUCH A TEASE RUBY GET BACK HERE” Romeo screams as the madness of the jungle garden takes over his mind.

Xavier, Ruby, Casey and April all jump as Dex slams a heavy sounding book down on the table before them.

“Oh sorry for disturbing your kissing session guys but me and my nerdy beautiful friend here have something to show you.” Dex says as he flicks through the pages of the book at rapid speed.

“There look at this” Dex says grinning up at his friends. Lottie is busy taking notes of the information on the page.

“Er I’m not much into gardening Dex” Xavier says looking down at a picture of a garden.

“Nor am I” Casey adds.

“Well I think its pretty Dex what you planning to plant?” April asks.

“Nothing it’s not a picture of any old garden you know” Lottie says.

“It’s not?” Xavier asks.

“Don’t you recognise it?” Dex asks.

“Nope it’s a garden so what?” Casey says sighing just wishing that Dex and Lottie would get to the point.

“It’s the jungle garden” Dex says smiling.

“Oh I didn’t like it in there talk about creepy” Ruby says shivering slightly.

“Well just be thankful you’re not Romeo, because according to this every gardener the garden has had has gone insane” Dex says.

“Oh that is rotten luck isn’t it?” Xavier says.

“What do you mean they have gone insane?” April asks.

Dex looks excitedly down to the musty old page he had been reading.

“Well it says the jungle garden inhabits a dark force of evil.”

“Sounds pretty cool” Casey says causing Dex to cough loudly to cut off Casey’s rude interruption.

“It says the garden makes you see the one thing your heart desires, and then you are driven to madness by wanting it so much” Dex says looking up worriedly.

“Oh I am sooooooooo flattened, Romeo’s heart’s desire must be me” Ruby happily says before adding to Xavier that he shouldn’t be worry about it.

“Now then on to happier topics” Lottie says quickly turning the page.

“Oh you mean happier than Romeo being obsessed with my girlfriend and being at the brink of utter madness you mean?” Xavier asks.

“Yes do recognise this woman from anywhere?” Lottie asks pointing down to a picture of a sweet old woman dressed in black.

“Well I’II be dammed it’s our ghost friend Dex” Xavier says as he catches sight of her gliding over to them.

“So you know who I am now?” The old woman asks.

“Yes it says here that your MADGE WILKINS” Dex and Xavier both shout out in shock at realising that Colleen’s mystery friend was actually real.

Thanks for your great comments guys. :D

Hope you enjoy this chapter

Chapter 20

“What are you all looking so shocked about?” Madge Wilkins asks gazing at 5 very gobsmacked looking teens plus a rather confused Lottie.

“You’re Madge Wilkins?” Xavier asks as he eyes her up and down rather sceptical.

“Yes I am has Colleen ever mentioned me?”

“Mentioned you er yes she’s always waffling on about you Miss Wilkins.”

“Oh Dexter please just call me Madge” she says smiling sweetly.

“Ok Miss Madge, I mean Madge my word this is just so great” Dex says grinning.

“What’s great about it? Who’s Madge Wilkins?” Lottie asks.

“Well we always thought that she was Colleen’s imaginary gossipy friend. But no it turns out Madge Wilkins is real, well your actually a ghost so I guess your not that real, and I will be quiet now as I’m babbling Xavier says.

There is a sudden sound of a bell chiming from somewhere in the house.

“Oh come on dears that is the breakfast bell” Madge Wilkins says as she gently glides to the secret passageway, which to Casey’s great relief leads them out of the library.

“Yes thank you Jeeves I am pleased to say you can stop making that insane racket with the bell now.” Lucy says as her houseguests stand in the dining room doorway. Jeeves the butler takes a glaring stare at Lucy, before taking one more daring little shake of his little golden bell before vanishing into one of the room’s dark corners.

“Well don’t just stand there guys come in, breakfast is served.” Lucy says inviting them inside.

“Oh look at that big shiny briefcase guys” Ruby says smiling at her friends.

“Ah yes but its sad don’t you think? That we will be leaving here today” Dex says.

“No this has got to have been the lamest thing I have ever done. But I must admit that wave machine out on the lake was pretty cool” Casey says as he sits down at the long breakfast table.

April sits next to him.

“How about getting to spend time with me Casey? How’s that been?” April asks fluttering her eyelashes at him.

“Yeah I guess that’s been cool too, just don’t get back with Dex once we leave here ok?” Casey says gazing over to Dex and Lottie who seem to be engrossed in yet another one of their nerdy chats.

“Oh no Casey I will stay with you, don’t worry about that. I mean who else could I have I have had Xavier, Dex Heath….”

April is cut off as Lucy claps her hands loudly for their attention.

“Thank you now as you can all see the briefcase which is sat before you, well I am pleased to say it has your winnings inside, and you can take the case away with you today Jeeves the key to the briefcase please.”

Jeeves comes slowly out of the dark corner of the room and smiles creepily round at everyone as he places the key into the briefcases lock.

“How much do you think we have won then Xav?” Casey asks.

“Oh I don’t know lets hope its a lot because John and Mr Stewart are depending on us………”

There are groans of shock has the briefcase is opened.

Well done Lucy says clapping her hands

“It’s empty” Ruby moans.

“Of course it is you lot never won a challenge isn’t that right Cameron?” Lucy says as a panel on one of the walls of the room opens up to see a rather sand covered Cameron Welsh standing there.

“Yes that’s right sorry guys” he says walking into the room.

“What are you doing here? You died you got sucked into that quicksand” Ruby asks feeling a chill creep down her spine.

“Ruby it was a trick that was your challenge to save me and you didn’t” Cameron explains.

“But that wasn’t fair I didn’t know it was pretend I thought it was for real…”

Lucy and Cameron both chuckle.

“There was never anything to be scared of really in this house” Cameron says chuckling. But his chuckling is cut short as a long pointy sharp rake rips through the long flowing curtains. Where a rather lustful Romeo on the brink of madness has been hiding.

Everyone screams as a insane looking Romeo stands bare-chested breathing loudly. Romeo’s eyes dart about rapidly. Dex manages to stop mid scream.

“Wow I have never seen Romeo’s face filled with so much emotion before.” Dex then goes back to his screaming.

“RUBY GET AWAY FROM XAVIER. YOU LOVE ME YOU SAID SO OUT IN THE GARDEN” Romeo shouts raising his rake high into the air he makes a dash over to Ruby.

In mere seconds before his rake has a chance of précising Ruby, Xavier pulls her away from its impact.

“YOU LITTLE BASTARD” Romeo screams as the points of the rake get dug deep into the wall.

“RUN RUBY RUN” Xavier shouts.

“I don’t know about just Ruby running, I think we all should” April says as she starts to leg it.

Casey who isn’t too far behind her, as he runs though he can’t help but admire how long and sexy April’s legs are. Man she sure does look hot Casey thinks to himself.

“Well Dex there’s nothing like having a good jog after breakfast to burn off all those unwanted calories Lottie says as she runs along side Dex.

“Quite right Lottie my dear it’s just a shame that my sister’s husband is trying to kill us” Dex says back breathlessly.

Romeo laughs menacingly as he manages to rip the rake free from the wall.

“AH RUBY I WILL FIND YOU, YOU CAN’T HIDE FROM ME FOREVER.

Romeo shouts as he runs out of the room

Hugo Austin’s excitement was building he was about to see Martha again he only hopes that she hadn’t given up hope of rescue. What Hugo doesn’t know is its not just Martha he is about to rescue but its in fact eight more people as well.

Romeo stands panting looking across at a panting Ruby and her other friends.

“OH RUBY I LOVE YOU TOO I…..”

“INDI ROMEO WHAT ABOUT INDI?” Ruby shouts back.

“NO RUBY YOU ARE MY WORLD”

“Keep him talking Ruby, Casey won’t be a minute” Xavier says as he looks over his shoulder to watch as Casey picks his abandoned surfboard up out of the lake.

“What’s taking him so long?” Ruby whispers back.

Xavier shrugs

Casey meanwhile can’t take his eyes off Martha as she sits at the edge of the lake.

“Wow you are hot.”

“Well thank you I guess, but I don’t feel very hot” Martha says.

“Well you are trust me can I get your number?”

“No I don’t have one, see I was on the run before I ended up here I’m just waiting for rescue to come.”

“Well I will rescue you” Casey says patting his surfboard.

“Oh no offence but I don’t see us getting very far on that” Martha says laughing.

“OH CASEY ANYTIME NOW.”

“Oh sorry I have to go my friends are in trouble up there” Casey says before quickly dashing away to Ruby’s aid.

Romeo’s insane lust for Ruby has reached boiling point now, lifting his garden rake high above his head he lets out a scream of madness.

“Wow this is just bizarre now, I have never seen Romeo act like this” Dex says quietly.

“Yes I know his normally just so wooden” Xavier whispers back.

“Well Ruby how does it feel that you have such an insane effect on Romeo?”

“Shut up Dex, Casey you ready? Babe are you ready?”

Xavier and Casey both call out that they are.

“RUBY YOU JUST DRIVE ME CRAZY” Romeo screams as he dashes forwards. His scream of madness soon turns into a scream of panic, as Xavier pokes his foot out which sends Romeo sailing head first into Casey’s surfboard. Romeo falls to the ground in a heap.

“Is he still a alive?” Ruby asks looking worried.

“Yes” Cameron and Lucy both say together.

“Oh how do you know for sure without checking?” April asks.

“Because we are very knowledgeable when it comes to you guys.” Cameron Welsh says.

Xavier rolls his eyes as he bends down to Romeo.

“His…………..”Just then a loud rumbling sound escapes Romeo.

“Ewwwwwwwwww gross his alive but is Xav? That is the question after being that close to Romeo’s farting. I have got to say I have seen Romeo in a new light” Dex says.

“Martha I’m back sorry about the long wait” Hugo says as he pulls up at the waters edge.

“HUGO I WILL GIVE YOU SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT, WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING MORE PEOPLE SMUGGLING OR SOMETHING?” Martha yells.

“No of course not” Hugo lies he had only been back a matter of seconds and Martha had already guessed what he had been upto. What a remarkable woman she was. There was no other woman he would want to be on the run with.

“WELL HUGO WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN?”

“Xavier”

“WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN AT XAVIER’S?”

“No its Xavier” Hugo says looking at the group of people who had come to see what Martha’s outburst was all about.

“Hugo what are you doing here?” Xavier asks feeling shocked at seeing his brother.

“I’m rescuing………”

But before he can finish everyone has started to pied in to his boat.

“Oh well I guess this is goodbye haunted house” Dex says.

“No Dex this isn’t goodbye we will have to come a visit my parents still” Lottie says.

“OH YES THAT’S RIGHT” Dex says happily.

“Right that’s 11 people on broad this boat, now one of which looks to be dead” Hugo says doing a quick head count.

“That’s just Romeo his not dead though just knocked out, we are taking him to get checked over by Dr Walker” Xavier says.

“I wasn’t on about him Xav” Hugo says pointing.

Xavier looks to where Hugo is pointing to see Roman sat amongst them.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ZOMBBBBBIIIIIE” Xavier screams.

Archived