1991 Episode Discussion

Guest Ryan

she did state that the Diner was doing well

This is what I don't get. Since Ailsa is a partner in the diner and its doing well, then why do they need a second wage? They aren't destitute by any means- the purchase of a new store is proof of this. I.don't.get.it.

And while it was fun, what was the point of the bridge scenes? I call that an episode "filler".

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

she did state that the Diner was doing well

This is what I don't get. Since Ailsa is a partner in the diner and its doing well, then why do they need a second wage? They aren't destitute by any means- the purchase of a new store is proof of this. I.don't.get.it.

Exactly and they also mentioned that they don't pay a mortgage which means the house is owned outright. Alf seems quite happy for the time being doing nothing, fishing, or labouring. It is Ailsa who is (quite out of character) pushing for him to be his own boss. She is right that it is part of who he is, but he will realise this in his own time and go back to owning his own business when he decides he is ready. I don't like her pushing for this and I also didn't like her attitude to Bobby about fostering. The only time i have liked Ailsa recently is the business with Blake and his girlfriend.

Karen is so stupid.

Today's episode was stupid, apart from the ending with Alf.

I mean what did those two guys do that was so wrong? Karen agreed to go with them, they didn't force her, and they didn't force her to drink, or do anything. Then she goes and rams into a tree, good job Karen. Then the whole gang arrives with Blake ready to bash them, so mature.

Yawn.

I mean what did those two guys do that was so wrong? Karen agreed to go with them, they didn't force her, and they didn't force her to drink, or do anything. Then she goes and rams into a tree, good job Karen. Then the whole gang arrives with Blake ready to bash them, so mature.

I think the implication was that their behaviour would get increasingly worse the more they drank, they had no intention to take Karen home and who knows what they would do to her if they had too much to drink. This is all speculation, as you said up to that point they didn't really do anything wrong, it was all just implied.

Even though it's smaller, I like Alf's new store better than the old one, it looks like a real store and not a set (well apart from the backdrop of the beach out the windows!)

Who was that random man who walked in after Ailsa discovered the store had been vandalised????

I liked the ending with Bobby, this means we all know who is coming....

Ummmmm did Karen call Sophie a "fn b*itch" in yesterday's (Tuesday) episode??? :blink:

Rotten bitch.

Having seen up to 435, I've lost sympathy for Karen a bit.It felt like she was determined to carry on being a victim:After going on an enjoyable date with a nice guy who wanted to see her again, she threw a tantrum after finding out Sophie had been matchmaking between them and refused to see him again.Then, after weeks of insisting no-one's ever interested in her because she's ugly, she turns her own logic on its head, tells Sophie she can find a boyfriend any time she wants and goes off with a couple of randoms to prove a point.Even though she seems to have come to her senses, instead of Karen admitting she's been an idiot it seemed to be about Sophie going on a massive guilt trip and blaming herself for Karen being dumb.

Nick Parrish is even a bigger douchebag than I first thought.

Adam, his plans never, ever work! I can't remember any plan of his works the way its supposed to.

I have also lost sympathy for Karen. She knew those two idiots were up to no good, but she went off with them anyway to prove a point.

Like to others, Karen really has gotten me on my nerves in the last few episodes. But talking about stupidity, Haydn is not better. He's not even 18! His talks about sleeping outside seem so naive. Sophie should have told Michael what Haydn has been up to. And I liked that Ben disagreed with his friend and told him that he is very happy.

Archived