1991 Episode Discussion

Guest Ryan

How can you trust trust Ben, when he said that Pete is nothing like Dave when in fact he IS!!!! And how dares Pete say that Ben is miserable? All he's done in marriage is giving orders to Carly, orders about moving to farm, living in that old house. I like how supportive Sophie has been lately to Karen. And that f****** Josh, I hate him so much now. Did I miss something or didn't Sally go away somewhere. She's been missing for atleast 7 episodes if not more.

Yeah she's gone away and we won't see her again until the 2005 episodes air :D

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How can you trust trust Ben, when he said that Pete is nothing like Dave when in fact he IS!!!! And how dares Pete say that Ben is miserable? All he's done in marriage is giving orders to Carly, orders about moving to farm, living in that old house.

Yes now we've got this idiot Pete on the show, showing Carly the error of her ways by pointing out how miserable she is making Ben. It really feels like the writers are expecting us to agree with this!!

I certainly don't. What the hell would Pete know? He's just like Dave anyway, Ben's army mates are all the same.

Its obvious who took the money, but why set Adam up?? What's the point of that?? I would have thought Josh would set up Blake!

I've been in Karen's shoes plenty of times when I was her age-I know how she feels.

And I've decided I don't like Nick Parrish. He's so moody.

Although if Ailsa had wanted to save money why did she not just let Alf set up a general store in the other half of the Diner (instead of eventually giving it to Marilyn 5 years later)??

Because the Diner store room didn't exist until 1995 when the door in the corner magically appeared one night ;)

Although if Ailsa had wanted to save money why did she not just let Alf set up a general store in the other half of the Diner (instead of eventually giving it to Marilyn 5 years later)??

Because the Diner store room didn't exist until 1995 when the door in the corner magically appeared one night ;)

I know that, I was trying to be sarcastic :wink:

Ah another landmark. Alf's general store, which I always thought was more befitting of Summer Bay than that "supermarket". Although it's basically just the same set, with the back area removed and the "video" area turned into a store room. And of course it's much more old fashioned looking.

What did happen to the first store?

I know you know that... I was being sarcastic too :)

Ah another landmark. Alf's general store, which I always thought was more befitting of Summer Bay than that "supermarket". Although it's basically just the same set, with the back area removed and the "video" area turned into a store room. And of course it's much more old fashioned looking.

Alf suddenly and out of nowhere had big money problems and huge debts to pay off, he ended up having to sell the store and all the stock inside for a loss and ended up with very little money. Fast forward a couple of weeks and apparantly they now have plenty of money to buy a new premesis and all new stock. Unless Ailsa has bought it all with her money (she did state that the Diner was doing well)... But if that is the case why was she freaking out about Bobby fostering and all the time off she would need that Ailsa would have to cover. Surely if they are making so much money she could easily afford to take on more staff or even a manager.

Also the same can be said for Andrew Foley's drop-in/counselling centre accesed (unrealistically) through the kitchen of the Diner, when we discover in 1995 that there was apparantly a perfectly good store-room elsewhere going un-used. That back room seems to have ceased to exist now, (i'm sure in later years that door seems to just lead to a corridor of some sort. And while we're on the subject that extra downstairs bedroom in the Fletcher house has disappeared too...

Speaking of which have we seen the staircase in Summer Bay House yet? Even though we saw the hallway early on, the actual staircase was notably absent in 1988 and 1989 (characters went off-camera to go up the stairs). However I just realised I have stopped looking out for it, so maybe we have seen it by now?

Alf suddenly and out of nowhere had big money problems and huge debts to pay off, he ended up having to sell the store and all the stock inside for a loss and ended up with very little money. Fast forward a couple of weeks and apparantly they now have plenty of money to buy a new premesis and all new stock. Unless Ailsa has bought it all with her money (she did state that the Diner was doing well)... But if that is the case why was she freaking out about Bobby fostering and all the time off she would need that Ailsa would have to cover. Surely if they are making so much money she could easily afford to take on more staff or even a manager.

Also the same can be said for Andrew Foley's drop-in/counselling centre accesed (unrealistically) through the kitchen of the Diner, when we discover in 1995 that there was apparantly a perfectly good store-room elsewhere going un-used. That back room seems to have ceased to exist now, (i'm sure in later years that door seems to just lead to a corridor of some sort. And while we're on the subject that extra downstairs bedroom in the Fletcher house has disappeared too...

Speaking of which have we seen the staircase in Summer Bay House yet? Even though we saw the hallway early on, the actual staircase was notably absent in 1988 and 1989 (characters went off-camera to go up the stairs). However I just realised I have stopped looking out for it, so maybe we have seen it by now?

No, we haven't.

Archived