1991 Episode Discussion

Guest Ryan

I need someone to explain to me why Carly is in the wrong not wanting to live in this shed and being annoyed that Ben lied to her. I can't believe Pippa isn't concerned about the way Ben shouts at Carly so aggressively. I know she has been selfish in the past but Ben is nothing but a bully who has a hissy fit about something until eventually he gets his own way. Like bringing in goats and chicken without asking Pippa.

He even said something along the lines to Carly like we are moving in end of discussion. He has a stoneage attitude about marriage and needs to get over himself.

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ben's latest spate of jerkassey does seem a bit abrupt.He seemed to accept Carly didn't want to live on the farm when she first said it, then when he found out about the shack they were supposed to be living in he obviously had his concerns and should have spoken to Carly but he was obviously under pressure from Roy to make a decision there and then and only seemed to delay telling her so he could do the place up first and make it habitable.But then when Carly refused, he seemed to undergo this abrupt shift into a neanderthal who doesn't think she's entitled to an opinion of her own, with has made him quite unlikeable.I can understand Pippa not wanting to take sides but part of me wishes she'd stand up for Carly more.

I'm actually getting quite annoyed that Carly leaves with this guy to live "happily ever after". Horrible ending for such a good character to leave with such a dislikeable jerk. She should have ran off with Matt during the 2002 reunion!!

That would have been a great story. It did seem like there was still a bit of a spark between them.

Really enjoying Pippa in the last few episodes, lots of scenes of her in her motherly role which we all know and love her for. Especially liked the scene where Sally talked about the house being empty and not as happy as it used to be, and Pippa saying it would be the same again one day.

Glad to see the back of Patricia, she's just too wholesome. I feel a bit sorry for Donald, but the "potential romance" thing seemed too forced for my liking anyway.

Ray Meagher obviously due some time off from the show, hence Morag's off-screen car accident, which to be honest is a plot device that a 10 year old could come up with! Still if nothing else it was nice to get a mention of Morag.

We're 35 episodes into 1991, could this be panto season?

Is this his first break as well?

One character who I've always wondered whether they took any time off was Fisher. I've heard of storylines where Ailsa and Alf go away for weeks on end etc, but the only time I can remember Fisher spending any time off the show was at the tail end of 1999 when he went to America with Marilyn.

One character who I've always wondered whether they took any time off was Fisher. I've heard of storylines where Ailsa and Alf go away for weeks on end etc, but the only time I can remember Fisher spending any time off the show was at the tail end of 1999 when he went to America with Marilyn.

Didn't he go away not long after he found out Seb was his grandson? To see Judith and Edward as well as Rebecca and Travis, or something. I don't remember any other times though.

Didn't he go away not long after he found out Seb was his grandson? To see Judith and Edward as well as Rebecca and Travis, or something. I don't remember any other times though.

Not quite related but for some reason this reminded me, after Fisher lost his house in the bush fire, wasn't it ages before we finally saw his new house? I've noticed on youtube that any episodes after the bush fire, but before approximately episode 2000, we don't see it. And when we eventually did does anyone remember the long running "gag" about people having to take their shoes off at the door because he had new carpets?

Archived