Classic Episodes on 5★

Guest ter06

I also feel as if they've focused on certain characters, the really memorable characters so to speak in the Early Years people like the Stewarts, Fisher, Marilyn, Shane and Angel, Pippa etc. rather than showing events that were exciting at the time, but in the scheme of things were unimportant (such as Stephanie dying)

They've actually been quite clever with them, they either feature things which explain the backstory of some of the current cast (i.e. Alf, Irene, Morag [through Bobby], Marilyn - oddly few Leah or Roo episodes) or more recent returnees (Kane & Kirsty, Will & Gypsy). Then they have someone who is starring in another of Channel 5's shows (Dieter Brummer & Simon Baker) or just someone who is now famous (Dannii Minogue, Isla Fisher) and then they have thrown in some fan favourites or key character episodes on top.

There were some years such as 2010 where I've not wanted any of the episodes, the same with 2012 as we've only just seen them.

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was the 95 theme introduced by episode 1710? Just curious, as I'm interested in hearing if the 'echo' closing theme has any variation to the usual one. Not that it matters, as the announcer will probably talk all over it anyway :P

The "echo" closing theme can be heard in the episode 4000 montage.

These are indeed the first time.I voted in every year, although it got slightly depressing how many of the last few years I ended up voting for the least worst episode on offer or a rather mediocre episode because the other two had been repeated ad infinitum.Still, despite some familiar episodes cropping up(London trip:check, Formal disaster:Check), Channel 5 have done a good job of digging out some lesser seen gems, with many episodes from both pre- and post-2000 not having been seen since their original broadcast.(Er, and one 2012 episode that hasn't even received its UK premiere yet...)

Missed this post when I commented before, I did exactly the same. That 2012 one gave away the episode for me as it hadn't aired.

That was one of the first pre-2000 episodes of H&A I ever saw. Was probably on some now long-gone website that I downloaded it. IIRC I think it had a lot of the big moments up to 1999, like the Shane's birth etc.

By the way, not sure if anyone's made the connection but that hold-up episode from 1998 has probably been chosen because the guy doing the holding up is Scott Major, now appearing as Lucas in Channel 5 stablemate Neighbours.

I've never seen that episode, I think I was on holiday at the time - I also missed Bobby & Michael's funerals for the same reason. Whilst I've seen clips of the funerals, I've never seen the whole thing so I hope they're shown.

There was a period during the '90s when I was only seeing aboutt 80% of the episodes because we were always out on Wednesdays, so I missed the first appearance of the "new" Irene and didn't see her until the recap of the next episode.And since I'd only seen one episode of the old Irene, it was over a decade before I realised there'd been a change...

There was a period during the '90s when I was only seeing aboutt 80% of the episodes because we were always out on Wednesdays, so I missed the first appearance of the "new" Irene and didn't see her until the recap of the next episode.And since I'd only seen one episode of the old Irene, it was over a decade before I realised there'd been a change...

I don't think I realised until I read it on BTTB or one of the previous sites, I think because the original Irene was the drunk and Lynne didn't play that side of her until the Lou DeBono storyline it sort of made the change of actress much less noticeable, because Irene herself was a new woman.

Pippa, Natalie, Flynn and Hayley were different stories altogether...

Archived