The Fallout

Guest soph1303

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG I have just discovered your fic ... Can't believe I haven't read it before now =-O

Just read all 4 chapters ... It's amazing!! Love Chax :-)

I'm really sorry for your loss & my heart goes out to you & your family at this time ....

Look forward to more once you're upto it ... I agree with everyone on here ... Family comes 1st!

Xx

Thankyou everyone for your kind wishes. I'm sorry it's been a while since the last update. The whole situation has kind of been made more complicated by the fact that I live in a different country to the rest of my family - so we have to figure out funeral arrangements from over here, as well as being able to figure out if we can even afford to go back over for the funeral :(. But anyway - here's the next update; I'm really not feeling this chapter at all, but hopefully it's alright.

Chapter 5

Brax sat in the cold plastic chair that was provided in the corridor of the hospital. He hadn't seen Charlie since she had been taken away in the ambulance half an hour ago, and nobody had given him an update on her condition since then. He'd phoned Ruby as soon as he had arrived, and now she sat across the hall from him, arms crossed and not speaking.

"Ruby can you please just say to me whatever it is that you clearly want to say?" Brax asked as he stared down at his hands.

"Why do you think that there's something I want to say?" Ruby asked, her voice shaking slightly.

"Because your silence is so loud that it's giving me a headache," Brax replied, and Ruby sighed.

"Brax I was completely fine with the idea of you and Charlie dating in theory. But I know how dangerous your lifestyle is, which is why I asked you to make sure that you never hurt her. That's the only condition I had Brax, and you couldn't even do that," Ruby said quietly; the softness of her voice making Brax feel even worse than he would have done had she yelled.

Brax was about to open his mouth to reply, when spotting Sid coming out of a nearby room, Brax and Ruby rushed over to him.

"Sid is there any news?" Brax asked.

"We've just brought her out of surgery, and although it was touch and go for a while, we've managed to stabilize her for now," Sid explained.

"For now? What do you mean for now?" Ruby asked anxiously.

"Ruby what you have to understand is that Charlie suffered severe internal bleeding from the attack, and while she's fine now, we can't be certain that it's not going to be a problem later, especially as Charlie is also pregnant," Sid replied.

Brax spluttered. "Sid, there must be some mistake, Charlie's not pregnant."

Sid looked back and forth at the bewildered and surprised expressions on both Brax and Ruby's faces. "I'm sorry, I wouldn't have said anything if I didn't think you already knew-" Sid started to say, before Brax cut him off.

"Well obviously we didn't know, so can you please go on and explain?" Brax asked, as he put his head in his hands.

"We found during the surgery that Charlie is about ten weeks pregnant. She hadn't come into the hospital for checkup as of yet, but I assumed that she would have told you," Sid explained carefully to Brax.

"But she was drinking at her party the other night. Surely she wouldn't have done that if she'd known," Ruby pointed out. Despite how angry she was at Brax for putting Charlie in the line of fire, she could see how clearly hurt Brax looked at the thought that Charlie might have known about the baby and not told him.

"Given how early along she is with her pregnancy, it's definitely possible that she may not have been aware of it yet," Sid agreed. "In which case, when you go in and see her, please try and use some tact when you try and find out. Charlie has been through a huge ordeal, and doesn't need anymore added stress."

"Yeah we will," Ruby agreed instantly. "Can we go and see her yet?"

"Of course you can. She's sleeping at the minute, but as long as you don't disturb her, I don't see any reason why you can't go and see her," Sid smiled at the pair of them. "I've got to go and finish my rounds now, but call me if there are any problems."

"We will. Thanks Sid," Ruby replied, and Sid nodded before leaving them to it.

"Look Rubes, I'm gonna go sort this out. Call me when she wakes up, alright?" Brax told Ruby, before he turned around and started walking down the corridor.

"Brax!" Ruby yelled after him, but he just kept walking. Ruby sighed as she walked into her mother's hospital room. Charlie had known about Brax's temper when she'd made her decision to be with him, and now it looked like her attackers were going to have to deal with the consequences of that anger.

"Get up!" Brax yelled as he entered his house.

Heath, who was sprawled across the sofa - beer in one hand, remote in the other - looked up in surprise. "What's up with you?"

"I said GET UP!" Brax shouted, as he pulled Heath up by the scruff of his neck and pushed him against the wall. "Did you do it?"

"Do what?" Heath asked, as he pushed Brax off him.

"Attack Charlie!" Brax yelled as he aimed a punch at Heath's face, which he narrowly missed by ducking out of the way just in time.

"Jeez! Watch it will you?" Heath spluttered. Seeing the murderous look on Brax's face, he quickly added "And no I didn't! I haven't even seen Buckton since her birthday shindig anyway. But are you really that surprised?"

"What do you mean?" Brax asked in confusion.

"Well did you really think that the boys were gonna be over the moon about your little fling with her? I mean really Brax; not even you can be that naive," Heath pointed out.

"How did the boys even know?" Brax asked, and Heath looked down guiltily. "You told them didn't you?"

"Well they would have found out sooner or later. All I did was help them find out a bit sooner, is all," Heath said defensively.

"No all you did was put her in the firing line," Brax said evenly, but with such a threatening undertone that Heath couldn't help but feel a bit worried. "Now you are going to tell me right now who did it."

"Brax-" Heath began, but he was cut off.

"Look I know you hate her alright. But she's pregnant with my kid - surely that's gotta mean something to you?" Brax asked.

"You got her pregnant?" Heath asked in surprise, and Brax nodded curtly. Sighing, Heath pulled a piece of paper off of one of Casey's exercise books, and wrote down some names on it which he handed to Brax. "I'm only giving this to you for the sake of your kid - understand? And you never got this from me, alright?" Brax simply glared at Heath, before storming out of the house, slamming the door shut behind him.

Heath put his face in his hands and groaned. He knew that this was far from over, and that things were gonna get ugly.

Next Chapter:

* What will happen when Brax comes face to face with the boys responsible for Charlie's attack?

* Charlie wakes up. What will happen when she finds out about the baby?

* Will Brax and Charlie's relationship be able to survive?

Great update :D I kinda thought the news would be that Charlie was pregnant. I hope that they with both (Charlie and the bub) be okay, and that they can eventually be a happy family. Sure you'll throw some drama in along the way though! :P Glad Heath help Brax out on the sly but hopefully Brax doesnt do anything to stupid.

Update soon :)

Archived