The Fallout

Guest soph1303

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually had my hand to my mouth by the end of that chapter :o

Cant believe they would actually do that to her :o

please I hope someone finds her fast :(

and I hope every scum involved gets put behind bars and as for heath he needs to seriously check himself :angry: I hope Brax knocks the block out of him

please please update soon

Thanks to Danni02, JarlieFanEver, caroline77 and RoRo90 for all your wonderful comments - they're what make me want to keep writing :). Again - sorry for the late update - but here it is :)

Chapter 4

Ruby hummed lightly as she climbed the steps to Angelo's. She was already late for dinner with Charlie, but figured the extra wait would be worth it; seeing as the reason for her visit was to order pizza from Angelo's to spare Charlie from having to cook - and not to mention, to spare Ruby from having to endure Charlie's cooking. As she rounded the corner of the restaurant, Ruby noticed Brax serving behind the bar and made her way over to a bar stool in front of him.

"Hey Brax," she greeted him as she sat down.

"Hey," Brax replied, before looking up from the text he had received from Charlie - letting him know that she was back safely, and looking at her quizzically. "I thought you were supposed to be having dinner with your mum tonight. Or was she just trying to get rid of me?" Brax asked, with a look of feigned hurt on his face.

Ruby laughed lightly. "No, we are having dinner - so you have nothing to worry about," she told him.

"So, explain to me how this works - you and Charlie are going to manage to have dinner together, whilst not being in the same room? That makes perfect sense," Brax said as he shook his head in confusion; men's brains were just not designed to understand the complicatedness of women's minds.

Ruby rolled her eyes before replying. "No Sherlock, it's Charlie's turn to cook," Ruby explained slowly; stating the obvious. When Brax continued to look confused, Ruby sighed before giving him a bit of extra help. "You know, the woman who burns water, is going to try and cook dinner...."

Brax frowned at Ruby. "I'm sure that's not true - I bet your mum can cook fine."

Ruby burst into laughter, before her laughter turned into a gleeful smile as she realised Brax was serious. "Aww, if it weren't for the fact that nobody who has actually tried Charlie's cooking could actually keep a straight face and say that, I would actually think that you were being the sweetest boyfriend ever. As it is - no one who's tried Charlie's cooking actually CAN say that, so I'm guessing you've never actually experienced it for yourself?"

"Well considering the fact that we've only had our relationship public for a few days, there hasn't exactly been a huge amount of chances for dinner dates, has there?" Brax pointed out.

"Fair point," Ruby conceded. "So fair warning - it's a good thing you can obviously cook, because Charlie is not going to be the woman to fill THAT fantasy for you," Ruby teased. "In which case, I will have 2 Hawaiian pizza's thankyou. And maybe seeing as I'm seeing your brother, and you're seeing my mum - you could make it on the house?" Ruby pouted angelically.

"Nice try Rubes," Brax replied. "Nice try."

Ruby stuck her tongue out at him as he put the order through. She was about to reply, her phone started buzzing with an incoming message. As she opened it, her face took on an agonising expression.

"What?" Brax quizzed her, as he noticed the look on her face.

"That was Casey," Ruby replied, without looking away from the message.

"And..." Brax prompted her.

"He's got these really amazing tickets for this gig I wanted to see, but I didn't think he could get them, so I organised to have dinner with Charlie, and now he has got them. I really want to go, but I already promised Charlie, and she'll be really upset if I cancel. But then I'll have to lock myself away forever from not being able to see them play," Ruby wailed as she put her head in her arms. "Unless..." Ruby pondered as she raised her head up slightly and stared at Brax imploringly.

"What?" Brax asked suspiciously; he had learnt along time ago to never trust Ruby's innocent expressions.

"Well it's just that I'm sure that Charlie wouldn't get too mad if you just replaced me at dinner," Ruby hinted innocently.

Brax chuckled. "So let me get this straight, you want me to cover for you so you can ditch your mum's dinner for some gig? Some daughter you are," Brax shook his head as he continued to chuckle.

"I know, I know!" Ruby replied guiltily. "Come on Brax, please? Please?" Ruby begged. Seeing that Brax looked like he was wavering, she added "I'll still buy the pizza, and you can have it - free of charge."

"Deal," Brax replied instantly, and Ruby squealed.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" She sang happily, and Brax rolled his eyes in amusement.

"Alright sunshine. But you have to call and cancel with your mum first. I am not going to be the one who has to face that wrath when I turn up instead of you," Brax bargained.

'Fine," Ruby agreed. She scrolled down to Charlie's name, and placed the phone to her ear as it dialled. She waited, until the phone eventually put her through to voice mail.

"Hey Charles," she began innocently. "I'm just phoning to say that I'm sorry but I won't be able to make it back for dinner, but your boyfriend will when he finishes his shift. Love you. Bye." She hung up the phone, to find Brax shaking his head again.

"What?"

"Cancelling plans with your mother via voice mail. It's cold dude," Brax told her reproachfully. Somewhere in his mind, he found it strange that Charlie hadn't picked up, but having received the earlier message from Charlie, Brax pushed the nagging thought aside.

"Yeah whatever," Ruby told him as she got to her feet. "Later," she called over her shoulder as she exited the restaurant.

Back at the Buckton residence, the silence was finally broken as Charlie began to stir. Trying to sit up, Charlie's breath caught in her throat sharply as the pain made itself felt all over her body. Realising that she was doomed if she didn't get help soon, Charlie reached an arm up to the kitchen counter, which she proceeded to use as a lever to pull herself up, until she was resting against it, all parts of her body screaming in protest. Reaching her arm out for her phone, Charlie slowly began sliding it back towards herself; painfully aware of the fact that she was dead if she screwed this up.

Gradually, Charlie inched the phone back towards herself until it was right in front of her. Keeping one arm wrapped around her waist to stop the blood flow, Charlie awkwardly rested her body against the counter as she picked up the phone with her free hand. Charlie almost cried in relief as she felt the cold metal of her phone in her grasp, but this relief quickly turned to panic as she played back the voice mail from Ruby.

Ruby wasn't going to be coming home. Brax's shift wasn't over for at least another hour. And Charlie had no idea when Leah was going to turn up. Nobody was coming to save her. And with this thought, Charlie felt her legs give way beneath her, as she once again succumbed to the darkness.

Balancing the pizza's in one hand, Brax slammed the door of his Ute shut, as he locked it. Having finished his shift ten minutes ago, he was more then ready to settle down and enjoy some pizza with his girlfriend. A bigger part of him was starting to become worried about the lack of communication from Charlie's end, but the rational side of him theorized that she probably just hadn't checked her phone.

As he walked up the garden path, Brax noticed the kitchen light was on, and he let himself sigh a sigh of relief. However he quickly noticed that the door was wide open. At first Brax didn't think too much of it - this was Summer Bay after all; an unusually trusting town that never seemed to lock its doors or windows. But as he got further and further up the path, the more it seemed odd to Brax; he had told Charlie to be on the lookout, and as a cop he didn't think that leaving the door open when trying to stay safe was something that Charlie would do.

Quickening his pace as he finally reached the front door, Brax felt the pizza's slide out of his hands and spill on the ground, but he hardly noticed as he ran towards a sight that shook him to his core.

Next Chapter:

*Charlie is taken into surgery, but will they be able to save her in time?

* Brax discovers the culprits responsible for Charlie's attack.

* Sid delivers some shocking news to Charlie's loved ones - what is it?

.....:D??

wow :o ... really hope Charlie is ok

have a feeling Brax is going to flip in the next chapter especially if he finds out it was Heath who told the boys

I just hope he doesn't do anything to put himself in trouble :unsure:

update soon :)

Hey, so I'm just apologizing to the few readers that I actually have for once again the lack of updates. Unfortunately I've just experienced a death in the family, so my life is kinda hetic and full on right now, so I'll try and update when I can, but right now I'm just not quite sure when that's gonna be.

Archived