Advert in top banner

Guest TelephotoMarigold

It's been there for years, if not since the beginning.....

I'm not a huge fan of them, but it helps pay the costs of running the site and forum (hosting, Invision licence etc.)

Not sure why you've only started seeing it now though unless you've changed browsers/settings or suchlike.

It's technically always been there. However up until yesterday it was only a text-based banner - it's now a slightly larger image banner, so I guess it doesn't blend in quite as well as it used to :D I'm currently testing it to see how well it performs, so it may or may not revert back to the more subtle one in the coming weeks.

As Dan said, the banners are a necessary evil to help pay the bills. I want to implement a few improvements over the coming months, such as upgrading us to the latest version of Invision Board, and looking into an upgrade to the main site's content management system. All these things sadly cost money, and the banners help reduce the burdon.

It's been there for years, if not since the beginning.....

I'm not a huge fan of them, but it helps pay the costs of running the site and forum (hosting, Invision licence etc.)

Not sure why you've only started seeing it now though unless you've changed browsers/settings or suchlike.

I haven't changed browsers or settings. I believe that Chris J answered this with his response.

It's technically always been there. However up until yesterday it was only a text-based banner - it's now a slightly larger image banner, so I guess it doesn't blend in quite as well as it used to :D I'm currently testing it to see how well it performs, so it may or may not revert back to the more subtle one in the coming weeks.

As Dan said, the banners are a necessary evil to help pay the bills. I want to implement a few improvements over the coming months, such as upgrading us to the latest version of Invision Board, and looking into an upgrade to the main site's content management system. All these things sadly cost money, and the banners help reduce the burdon.

When it was a "text based" banner it didn't show up at all on the forum and only if your mouse hovered over it could you tell that something was there.

When it was a "text based" banner it didn't show up at all on the forum and only if your mouse hovered over it could you tell that something was there.

I\t always showed for me.

\

Does clicking on the advert give BTTB funding? Or is it just displaying it?

I\t always showed for me.

\

Does clicking on the advert give BTTB funding? Or is it just displaying it?

It's people clicking on the banner ads that gives us a small amount of funding. Of course, the ad company is pretty attuned to people trying to trick the system, so I'd certainly discourage clicking to help pay the bills :P If it's an ad that interests you and you're going to make use of then feel free to click, if it doesn't then continue ignoring it... :)

Archived