Guest BethFaye

Story Title: The Unknown Future

Type of story: Long fiction

Main Characters: Charlie, Ruby, Angelo, Bianca, Leah, Leo and Carla

BTTB rating: G

Genre: Crossover, Drama, Romance

Does story include spoilers: No

Any warnings: No

Summary: Charlie's life will never be same again.

Part 1

Senior Sergeant Rosetta took a stroll down the beach during a break from a slow shift at the station, walking towards some similar faces. Ruby walked out the water after catching some waves and headed to same similar faces.

“Mummy!” The little boy shouted as he ran over to his mother.

“Hey monster having fun?” His mother said with a grin on her face.

“Yea, lots.” He said with a smile.

Both of them sat down next to Bianca as she was lying on towel thinking the little lad was also laid next to her so was shocked to hear her friends voice.

“You had a little run away.” smiling in her direction.

“Oh the little cheeky monkey.” Bianca smiled as she pushed herself up on her elbows.

“Thanks for this Bianca, I know was last minute.” She said as she put her arm around her son.

“Charlie I will say it again any time.” Bianca pointed out

“Well let me buy you a coffee to say thanks.”

“I won't say no to that.” Bianca smiled as she got up

“Piggy back mummy!” He grinned already putting his rucksack on his back.

“Okay jump on then” She knelt down in the sand until he was on her back before getting up.

As they were about to walk off Ruby appeared in front of them, placing her board in the sand.

“I thought you were working in the restaurant today?” Charlie asked.

“Yes mother just thought go for a surf on my break. Think mummy needs to Chillax don't you tiger?” She asked as she grinned at her little brother.

“Chillax mummy.” He said with a proud grin on his face as Ruby had been teaching him that word all week, causing both Bianca and Charlie to laugh.

“Right I'm off this one is getting bigger by the day, see you tonight Rubes.” She smiled as walked off to the direction of the Diner with Bianca, just metres away from the door Charlie went into a light jog to the door stopping right before the closed door but pretending she had banged into it causing her son to enter into a fit of giggles.

Upon entering the Diner Charlie put her son down to the ground and smiled over to Leah.

“I have one Leah's special choc shake.” He stated as he took Bianca's hand and went over to his favourite table in the corner, Bianca smiled to Charlie mouthing her order.

“Hey Leah, can I have a chicken caesar salad, two cappuccinos and Leah's special choc shake?” She questioned with a grin.

“Ah yes of course.” She grinned just getting off with the order, not revealing any more. Once she put the order through she turned to Charlie, “how are you doing?” She asked concerned.

This caused Charlie to look down at the floor, “Okay just getting on with things for my little man's sake really, I best get over to them, thanks Leah.” She smiled and made her way over to Bianca and her son, Leah watched her friend as she walked away before heading into the kitchen.

The door to the Diner opened and entered an unfamiliar face to Summer Bay, a tall dark haired women walked over the counter, “Can I have a cappuccino please.” She asked in a strong English accent. Colleen took the order, just watching the women with curiosity as she handed over her change. The women looked to her, “Do you know if the Buckton's still live here?” Colleen nodded looking over to the table Charlie was sat at.

“Senior Sergeant Rosetta over there can help you.” Nodding over to Charlie.

Leah walked over to Charlie with their order, placing down the food and drink, “and one of my special chocolate milkshake's for Leo.” She smiled as she placed it down in front of him kissing top of his head

“Ta” Leo grinned before quickly getting stuck in.

Leah took a seat next to Charlie, looking back over to the women at the counter, “Do you know her over there with Colleen?” Charlie looked up and simply shaking her head as she took a sip of her cappuccino. “Well she was asking if the Buckton's still live in the bay.” Leah stated as she shrugged and went back to work.”

Charlie was left confused, she had never seen the women in her life but why did she know her maiden name?.

Thank you guys :wub:

My problem is I like to not give much away on part 1 then I just want to post the next part :) so here it is

Part 2

Charlie watched as the women took her coffee and just left the Diner, just more confused she did want to get up and follow but knew she was only on a short break, wanting to spend that short time with her son, so turned back to her food.

“do I not have dinner?” Leo asked confused to why she was only one eating.

“You will be having your's later, mummy is working again after this.” She smiled but that soon disappeared as she watched Leo lose his smile.

“You not doing bedtime?” Leo looked to his mummy with his sad eyes appearing just above his glass.

“I will be back before bedtime.” She stated as she took her young sons hand, knowing how hard the situation was hitting him. Turning to Bianca, “you sure you're okay doing this?”

“Of course I have lots of fun with my cheeky monkey, and means he gets to eat Bee's famous dinner.” She grinned to Leo, who grinned back at her. “See we will be just fine, now you Mrs get back to work.”

“your right I will be late now.” She laughed as she got up kissing Bianca on the cheek and Leo on top of his head, “You be good Monster.” She walked away from them and saying bye to Leah on her way out.

The women from the Diner made her way into her hotel room placing her suitcase down on the floor, sitting herself down on the bed as she emptied the contains of a small box from her handbag. She picked up a photo from the pile on bed, looking at the man stood next her mother, since her Mother died and her since relationship ended she was unsure why but she felt the need to track down her father and his known location was that of Summer Bay. Looking at her birth certificate it stated Carla Connor's father was Ross Buckton.

Just a few hours remained on Charlie's shift, she kept checking her watch to double check she was not going to miss bedtime, as she could not let him down again she has being doing that a lot lately. Charlie and Georgie had brought come in with someone to the hospital, after signing all the right paperwork, they began to walk away but Charlie's eyes wandered down a corridor.

“Charlie go, I will cover for you, be back at the station in a hour.” She said as she walked off and out the hospital without Charlie.

Charlie made her way down the corridor she looking down making her way to a room she had made regular visits to, letting herself she made her way over to the bed.

“Hey babe.” She kissed his forehead, before taking Angelo's hand as she sat down in the chair next to the bed. Doing what she did every time she visited she told him all about their son, what he had being doing and about her day to day life, as she was told that some times patients in a coma can hear. She had been giving up hope in last few weeks of him making a recovery, but knew she could not give up on her husband.

She jolted up awake, looking around noticing she had nodded off which she often did, she looked to her watch it reading nine pm. She quickly gathered her things, kissing Angelo before she ran out the room and to the car parked up outside. As she reached the station, she ran inside she quickly signed out as she throw the car keys to someone behind the desk, “Catch.” She began to run off but came to a holt as Georgie called her name from the office, walking into office looking over to her.

“Sign this report, before you go.” Charlie walked over signing the document.

“Thank you for this Georgie, I mean it see you tomorrow.” She smiled as she ran off again. She made her way to Leah's where they had been staying for awhile for now as Leah offered as she noticed she was not coping on her own. She ran through the door and into the living to see Bianca and Leah sat on sofa sipping wine, she knew deep down she was too late. She grabbed on the sofa panting to catch her breath causing both Bianca and Leah turn around.

“You alright Charlie?” Bianca asked as she placed a hand onto hers.

“I said I would be back.” Charlie looked up from the floor to show her face as a tear fell from her face.

“Hey come on your a busy women he knows that, super cop saving the world.” Bianca smiled as that are the exact words she had used to Leo in the past few months.

“Come on Charlie sit down.” Leah said moving up to let her sit between them.

“I fell asleep at the hospital, that no excuse.” Charlie said as she sat down.

“How is Angelo?” Leah asked softly.

“Same as day before and the day before that.” Charlie said sadly as she played with her rings. “Sorry just some days I don't know how I get through.” She brought her left knee up to her chest, as looked from Leah and Bianca, “Thanks guys, I am going to go to bed.” She got up from the sofa and made her way to her bedroom, both Bianca and Leah just watched her leave her the room. Charlie climbed into the bed pulling the covers around her as she let the tears fall.

This is REALLY intriguing !!!!!! Enjoying it, especially …..

 “Yes mother just thought go for a surf on my break. Think mummy needs to Chillax don't you tiger?” She asked as she grinned at her little brother.

“Chillax mummy.” He said with a proud grin on his face as Ruby had been teaching him that word all week, causing both Bianca and Charlie to laugh.

“Right I'm off this one is getting bigger by the day, see you tonight Rubes.” She smiled as walked off to the direction of the Diner with Bianca, just metres away from the door Charlie went into a light jog to the door stopping right before the closed door but pretending she had banged into it causing her son to enter into a fit of giggles.

 The door to the Diner opened and entered an unfamiliar face to Summer Bay, a tall dark haired women walked over the counter, “Can I have a cappuccino please.” She asked in a strong English accent. Colleen took the order, just watching the women with curiosity as she handed over her change. The women looked to her, “Do you know if the Buckton's still live here?” Colleen nodded looking over to the table Charlie was sat at.

“Senior Sergeant Rosetta over there can help you.” Nodding over to Charlie.

Leah walked over to Charlie with their order, placing down the food and drink, “and one of my special chocolate milkshake's for Leo.” She smiled as she placed it down in front of him kissing top of his head

“Ta” Leo grinned before quickly getting stuck in.

Leah took a seat next to Charlie, looking back over to the women at the counter, “Do you know her over there with Colleen?” Charlie looked up and simply shaking her head as she took a sip of her cappuccino. “Well she was asking if the Buckton's still live in the bay.” Leah stated as she shrugged and went back to work.”

Charlie was left confused, she had never seen the women in her life but why did she know her maiden name?.

 The women from the Diner made her way into her hotel room placing her suitcase down on the floor, sitting herself down on the bed as she emptied the contains of a small box from her handbag. She picked up a photo from the pile on bed, looking at the man stood next her mother, since her Mother died and her since relationship ended she was unsure why but she felt the need to track down her father and his known location was that of Summer Bay. Looking at her birth certificate it stated Carla Connor's father was Ross Buckton.

 She made her way to Leah's where they had been staying for awhile for now as Leah offered as she noticed she was not coping on her own.

 “How is Angelo?” Leah asked softly.

“Same as day before and the day before that.” Charlie said sadly as she played with her rings. “Sorry just some days I don't know how I get through.” She brought her left knee up to her chest, as looked from Leah and Bianca, “Thanks guys, I am going to go to bed.” She got up from the sofa and made her way to her bedroom, both Bianca and Leah just watched her leave her the room. Charlie climbed into the bed pulling the covers around her as she let the tears fall.

Archived