Carly or Sophie?

Skylover

I actually thought Blake and Fin had quite a natural chemistry, it's a shame they waited until Blake was on his way out before utilising it.When Blake and Sophie had scenes together, they felt like exactly what they were, two good friends who didn't see each other that way anymore.I'm not sure that having them hook up because the people they wanted to be with were dead is a natural development.

It's funny how different people see things differently. I never saw a chemistry between Blake and Finlay, and I never believed Blake's attraction to Finlay, although I did believe Finlay's attraction to Blake. On the other hand, when Blake and Sophie had scenes together (all too rarely), there was always an underlying romantic vibe there, especially on Blake's part.

I just knew when I wrote that you'd portray it that I meant they should have got together because the people they really want to be with is dead. Not what I meant. I was going to edit it but I thought surely it will be obvious that's not what any sane person would mean! I just meant they could have moved on together (instead of grieving in very seperate storylines, there could have been more of a shared story). This would have strengthened the on-screen relationship between Blake and Sophie which as I said above, we sadly saw little of in 1992, and a relationship could have more naturally came from that friendship, many months down the line. Not "Oh hey Soph, we've both lost loved ones, let's cut our losses and pair up".

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So..."We've both lost loved ones so let's spend months hanging out so much we might as well be a couple, then pair up"?(Hmm, can anyone say Sally And Brad?Yeah, that'd end well...)I get that they've got history, although I don't see that history as anywhere near as important as you and the 2002 writers apparently do, but the way Blake was most of his last year getting together with Sophie would have always been just settling, while Sophie had far more important things on her mind than a teenage romance and it would have looked like her trying to get a father for Tamara.(It's strange how fan lore had it that Blake offered to do just that, much the same as Simon did, when in fact he barely took any notice of the fact Sophie was pregnant even before Meg came along.)

• 2 months later...

It's sophie for me. I warmed to her innocence and naive nature when she first arrived, unlike Carly's tormenting ways. I think sophie was very well portrayed and even her small mannerisms and gestures or even stuttering and talking over another character really showed she is a teenager, and a human.

• 8 months later...

Archived