Carly or Sophie?

Skylover

I'd prefer Sophie back, but I will admit to being biased, because Rebekah Elmaloglou was my very first crush growing up and I can remember how much I loved her. But because she's now in Neighbours, she can't be in Home and Away at least for the foreseeable future.

Although I do like Carly and do think it would be good for her to come back. I don't know if Sharyn Hodgson would ever want to come back full time, but her return would bring back links to the original Fletcher family. She and Ben, (he'd probably be played by a different actor instead of Julian McMahon), and their three children would probably be old enough to be part of the teen cast.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been quite disappointed with how rubbish early years Sophie is. She seemed to be remembered in the fanbase as 'one of the greats' before these repeats began, but I can't see how that wound up happening...

Imo, she is the least interesting and most unlikeable of all the regular foster kids 88-93. I was indifferent to her before the pregnancy, she was just there, but in the episodes I'm watching now (the shoplifting fiasco, just before 1000) I just can't understand her character at all, she is too ridiculous at times.

Carly on the other hand was EXCELLENT, all the way through. :innocent:

I've been quite disappointed with how rubbish early years Sophie is. She seemed to be remembered in the fanbase as 'one of the greats' before these repeats began, but I can't see how that wound up happening...

Imo, she is the least interesting and most unlikeable of all the regular foster kids 88-93. I was indifferent to her before the pregnancy, she was just there, but in the episodes I'm watching now (the shoplifting fiasco, just before 1000) I just can't understand her character at all, she is too ridiculous at times.

Carly on the other hand was EXCELLENT, all the way through. :innocent:

I agree about Carly.

I find it hard to believe in Sophie sometimes or care about her really. Perhaps she got the 'one of the greats' tag because of the big pregnancy storyline back then and she stands out because of that.

• 1 month later...

Blake and Sophie always felt like a natural couple to me. I would have preferred to see Blake get back together with Sophie over the past year and eventually leave together as opposed to the rather drab exits they both got. OK so they weren't bad but there wasn't much of a sense of closure, for either of them.

I actually didn't feel that at all, I felt like they worked when they were together but after they broke up there didn't seem to be anything more than friendship between them, starting up a romance again would have felt forced.(And, indeed, kind of did, although I think the actors made it work.)

I disagree, I felt there was a connection between them whenever they shared a scene (which sadly wasn't too often) and if they did get back together it would have felt very natural to me. Finlay and Blake, that was forced. Oh here's 2 single characters with nothing to do for a few months, let's put them together until one leaves.

The fact they both lost their (true?) love was a good bonding point, but IIRC they only really shared one scene where they discussed this, and it was months afterwards, rather like an after-thought of the writers.

I actually thought Blake and Fin had quite a natural chemistry, it's a shame they waited until Blake was on his way out before utilising it.When Blake and Sophie had scenes together, they felt like exactly what they were, two good friends who didn't see each other that way anymore.I'm not sure that having them hook up because the people they wanted to be with were dead is a natural development.

I actually thought Blake and Fin had quite a natural chemistry, it's a shame they waited until Blake was on his way out before utilising it.When Blake and Sophie had scenes together, they felt like exactly what they were, two good friends who didn't see each other that way anymore.I'm not sure that having them hook up because the people they wanted to be with were dead is a natural development.

Agree with both points loved Blake and Finn and it was a shame they didn't get longer on screen together, and agree with Sophie and Blake being just good friends, I think bringing them both back together along with Tamara and David would createa sense of family at the caravan park which has been missing years. Also love scenes with Blake and Alf which could help giveAlf some more memorable scenes.

Archived