If Vanessa Downing returned as Pippa

Guest Edward Skylover

^ Other than VD being more laid back and DL more 'mumsy', I never thought they were that different.

Its just dawned on me, re-watching her first episode, my first memory of her was holding a basket coming into Summer Bay House talking about her parents. Well that scene with her outside with Jane was probably it. She's holding a basket, she's talking about being a mum and growing up etc.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must be the only one but I don't think the two Pippa were so extremely different. At least not at first. Yes they had different coloured hair but I think the personality wasnt so diff. Debra also had her feisty moments like Vanessa. Maybe Debra was getting more Mumsy but the character too, was also getting older.

I agree; DL did a good job of taking over from VL and was pretty similar. I think it's as the years go by that the characters changes, especially after Pippa loses another husband. I wonder how much was Debra making the role her own, and how much the character would have changed anyway if Vanessa stayed on?

Its just dawned on me, re-watching her first episode, my first memory of her was holding a basket coming into Summer Bay House talking about her parents. Well that scene with her outside with Jane was probably it. She's holding a basket, she's talking about being a mum and growing up etc.

Hehe... it's funny how memories of scenes are sometimes a little bit off. It's been great re-watching like early years and seeing scenes that I thought I vividly remembered from the original run (when I was 8 or 9) and finding them to actually be bit different. A couple of examples are Bobby having dinner with Alan at the store, and Rory discovering he was staying with the wrong Fletchers.

Archived