Morag's next stint... bring back Nigel?

Guest beau_t

I think Morag's last stint in Summer Bay (when Alf was away) showed us all that Morag doesn't work as a character who lives in the Bay unless she's involved in the middle of a big story or has a storyline of her own. She can't keep getting involved in murder mysteries or teaming up against villains but I think what her last stint lacked was the personal touch. She didn't really do anything that focussed on her character, she was just.... there. That doesn't really work for Morag.

Anyway I was thinking next time she's around for a while they should bring Nigel back, and develop their friendship/relationship a little. He hasn't been seen since 1989 when they parted on bad terms and I don't think he's ever even been mentioned since then. It would be a good blast from the past for Morag and also for viewers, and it would give a reason to focus on Morag while she's around and make the most of her.

Also, it would be good to have a character who is blind on the show again, and I liked Nigel because being blind wasn't the single important thing about his character, it was just one part of it.

It would never happen and I'm sure the writers wouldn't even consider it unless he turned out to be founder of the Riverboys or something awful like that :P But what are your thoughts?

I think Morag's last stint in Summer Bay (when Alf was away) showed us all that Morag doesn't work as a character who lives in the Bay unless she's involved in the middle of a big story or has a storyline of her own. She can't keep getting involved in murder mysteries or teaming up against villains but I think what her last stint lacked was the personal touch. She didn't really do anything that focussed on her character, she was just.... there. That doesn't really work for Morag.

Anyway I was thinking next time she's around for a while they should bring Nigel back, and develop their friendship/relationship a little. He hasn't been seen since 1989 when they parted on bad terms and I don't think he's ever even been mentioned since then. It would be a good blast from the past for Morag and also for viewers, and it would give a reason to focus on Morag while she's around and make the most of her.

Also, it would be good to have a character who is blind on the show again, and I liked Nigel because being blind wasn't the single important thing about his character, it was just one part of it.

It would never happen and I'm sure the writers wouldn't even consider it unless he turned out to be founder of the Riverboys or something awful like that :P But what are your thoughts?

I think that this is a very good idea. They could have a very interesting character based story line for the both of them. I hated the way Morag was just pondering round the caravan park last time she was there. The current show can be so lazy sometimes. When you got such a great character and actress in one you should make the best of them.

If I was to give Morag, not really a storyline that lasts more than a day or two (and this goes back to something I've said elsewhere about that people can come up with a storyline or two, but if you've got 5000 minutes of TV to make each year, coming up with something that takes up 200-300 is a start, whilst mines may only take up 4-5, and I'd still have the other 4996 to fill.

Anyway, 2013 will be 20 years since Bobby died, and on the anniversary, I'd like say someone like Colleen or Marilyn to do something that would annoy Morag and can't exactly be fixed (break a clock or something), and then come out with a line along the way of "Sometimes, things can't be fixed, but you can still say you're sorry."

And then at the end of the episode we see Morag at Bobby's grave/cemetry plaque. No words spoken, but a few bars of Bobby's theme playing out the episode.

If I was to give Morag, not really a storyline that lasts more than a day or two (and this goes back to something I've said elsewhere about that people can come up with a storyline or two, but if you've got 5000 minutes of TV to make each year, coming up with something that takes up 200-300 is a start, whilst mines may only take up 4-5, and I'd still have the other 4996 to fill.

Anyway, 2013 will be 20 years since Bobby died, and on the anniversary, I'd like say someone like Colleen or Marilyn to do something that would annoy Morag and can't exactly be fixed (break a clock or something), and then come out with a line along the way of "Sometimes, things can't be fixed, but you can still say you're sorry."

And then at the end of the episode we see Morag at Bobby's grave/cemetry plaque. No words spoken, but a few bars of Bobby's theme playing out the episode.

I'd love that. But judging from the current show there's no way they'd ever do it.

Wow Ryan that is a really nice idea. Not to put it down at all, but I don't think Bobby is well-known enough in the current show for a fleeting mention like this to work.

If they were serious about Bringing Morag back for a meaningful extended stint, then some mention of Bobby would be nice.

Love it! If only...

Archived