Blue Lagoon telemovie

Guest QUIET ACHIEVER

• 3 weeks later...

It is one of Brooke Shields’s best-known roles.

And now Indiana Evans will take her place as a teenager stranded on a desert island in an upcoming remake of The Blue Lagoon.

The 21-year-old certainly had the smouldering part perfected as she shot scenes for the Lifetime TV movie in Maui, Hawaii, today.

The actress wore a turquoise tank top under an unbuttoned blue shirt and jeans, accessorising with a skinny brown belt and a large brown leather satchel slung across her body.

Once filming got going, Indiana was seen sporting wet hair and damp jeans covered in sand as she pretended to be washed ashore on the island.

At one point the former Home and Away actress was seen wrapped up in a dressing gown, suggesting the notorious nude scenes acted by Brooke in the 1980 movie will be recreated in the new version.

She was shooting in the sunshine alongside co-star Brenton Thwaites, who has also appeared in the Australian soap.

The hunky 22-year-old wore an unbuttoned blue and white striped shirt over a blue T-shirt and combat trousers.

The pair may not have starred on Home and Away at the same time, but they appeared to have formed a close bond already and were seen laughing and hugging in between takes.

The duo were also seen negotiating the waters in a boat.

The Blue Lagoon tells the story of two young cousins who get washed ashore on a desert island with a galley cook.

After the cook dies, the pair must learn to fend for themselves and end up falling in love.

It will be the fourth incarnation of the movie.

The story was originally a novel published in 1908, and was first made into a film in 1923, then again in 1949, before Brooke Shields and Christopher Atkins took on the characters in 1980.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/artic...oon-remake.html

• 1 month later...

I hope the new remake will be as popular as the classic and bring the story to a new generation.

My Friend in Sydney met Chris Atkins back in the 80s. I wish the new cast as much sucess! I think Indy can do as well as Brooke!

• 3 weeks later...

Former Home and Away stars Indiana Evans and Brenton Thwaites' US break Blue Lagoon: The Awakening screens on Saturday

Staff Writer

The Daily Telegraph

June 14, 2012 10:00PM

INDIANA Evans has come a long way since her time as Matilda Hunter on 'Home And Away'.

The 21-year-old actress is about to break on to US screens with her lead role as Emma Robinson in the telemovie Blue Lagoon: The Awakening, based on the 1980s hit Blue Lagoon starring Brooke Shields.

Evans, who is based in Sydney, travelled to the US for six weeks of filming in Maui, Hawaii, and Los Angeles earlier this year.

She said she battled with nerves initially but that it was as "daunting as it was thrilling".

"Just turning up there and the sheer scale of it all, with everyone having a trailer. That was small budget for them but it was the biggest thing I've ever done.

"It was very busy. There were big days to try to get it done quickly. There were paparazzi and I really wasn't expecting that ... it was new territory."

Evans stars alongside fellow Aussie actor (and rumoured real-life beau) Brenton Thwaites (Stu Henderson in Home and Away), who plays the lead role of Dean McMullen. Denise Richards stars as her mother.

Evans said she and Thwaites caught up for coffee and a chat about the production before they headed over for filming.

"It was such a coincidence that they picked two Australian actors. When you're on set and say some Aussie term that no one understands and they look at you funny, it was good to have another Aussie to have your back," she said.

"We were homesick together. We were in the same boat."

Evans said she was "excited" about her first big role in the US, but won't get to see it when it airs in the US on cable network Lifetime.

"It's a bit weird because I actually won't see it. I've seen bits and pieces but I think they'll send me a copy of it. It is very exciting."

It will air in the US on Saturday but it is not yet known if Blue Lagoon: The Awakening will be shown in Australia.

Source

Great to see her doing so well for herself and I cant wait to see the movie and her acting :)

But confused, real life Beau... isn't she dating Angus McLaren still?

Doesn't every co-srtar automatically become a "rumored real life beau" regardless of the actors true dating situations? ;)

I love Indi getting new jobs and opportunities, she is a pretty good young actress.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived