In A Heartbeat

Guest ilovechax

Tragic that this happened to Charlie and I'm worried that he'll go to same jail as Brax and that Brax will batter him and lose his early or get longer. Don't get be wrong...I hope he does get battered but want Brax out and being with his woman :wink:

Enjoying the writing and looking forward to more. Thanks :)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all the positive comments guys! Also thanks to everyone on Twitter for the feedback you guys give me. It keeps me writing! I haven’t updated in a few days, I’m trying to write ahead a few chapters so I don’t get behind and hopefully always have something to upload. I’m hoping to get one chapter up a day once I get ahead. Anyway I hope you like this chapter! Keep reviewing...

Chapter 6

"Ruby!" Daria squealed as Ruby walked through the front door and Daria gave her a quick hug then ran off out of the living room.

"Hello Dari" Ruby said as she sat down next to Casey and gave him a quick kiss on the lips

"Hey, you okay?" Casey asked as he put him arm around her shoulders

"I'm fine, Mums not though" Ruby said looking at Casey

"Why? What's wrong?" Casey asked

"She was raped last night" Ruby whispered

"What! Who by?" Casey asked as he stood up angry that someone would do his to his brothers fiancée

"He’s already been caught" Ruby said as she tugged on his hand for him to sit back down

"Good! How's Charlie?" Casey asked

"Okay, she keeps asking for Brax though" Ruby said

"Brax is gonna be wild when he finds out, is anyone going to go see him and tell him?" Casey asked

"I don't know Case" Ruby said "I told Mum we would look after Dari for a few more nights"

"Yea of course" Casey said

"I'll have to go back around and get her some more clothes" Ruby said

"Ruby, cans we play? Dari asked as she ran back into the room and over to Ruby

"Oh I can't now sweetie I have to go back out" Ruby said

"Pleeeeease, yous not here dis mornin’ when I wants to play" Daria said

"Why don't you play and I'll go and get her things" Casey suggested

"You don't know what to get though" Ruby said

"I'll get Bianca to get it" Casey said

"I wanna go see Mum again anyway, I'll play later" Rubg said

"Ruby!" Daria cried as she ran off out of the living room

"C'mon you go play with her and I'll go over there, I'll make sure Charlie is okay" Casey said as he rubbed her arm

"Fine" Ruby gave in

"You better go check on her" Casey said as Ruby nodded before goring Casey a quick kiss and going to find Daria while Casey left to go over to see Charlie and grab some more of Daria's things.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey Casey" Bianca said as she opened the door and let Casey inside

"Hey, I heard what happened. How’s Charlie?" Casey asked

"I really don't know, she’s in her room but won’t talk" Bianca replied

"Oh can I see her?" Casey said

"Yeah sure" Bianca said

"Thanks" Casey said as he began to walk to Charlie’s room

"Oh Bianca" He turned around

"Yeah?" Bianca said

"Would you be able to pack Daria some more things? I would but Rubes doesn't think I'll get the right stuff" Casey said

"Yeah I'll go do that now" Bianca laughed

"Thanks again" He said as he turned back around and continued to walk to Charlie's room.

"Hey" Casey said softly a he entered Charlie's room to find her sitting on her bed staring blankly in front of her "I heard what happen Charlie, I'm so sorry" Casey said as he sat down next to her

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault" Charlie said quietly

"I know... I would go deal with him right now but he's already caught" Casey said

"How's Daria?" Charlie asked after a few moments of silence

"Oh, she’s good. She got upset Ruby wouldn't play before so I came over here so Ruby could" Casey told Charlie as she nodded

"Thanks for looking after her" Charlie said

"It's the least I can do" Casey said as they sat in silence for a few minutes

"I want Brax" Charlie whispered as a tear escaped her eye and rolled down her cheek

"Aw Charlie, I know you do" Casey said as she put his arm around her trying to give her some sort of comfort "It's not too much longer before he will be here"

"I can't wait any longer, it's so hard" Charlie cried

“I know it’s hard but Charlie, you’re the strongest person I have ever met. You get through everything and you come out even stronger and guess what, you’ll get through this too. I know you will" Casey said

“Maybe you could go see him" Casey suggested and Charlie immediately shook her head

"No, all I would want would to be in his arms and knowing I can’t, or even touch him at all... It's just too hard" Charlie cried harder and Casey didn't know what to say he just wrapped his other arm around Charlie so she cried into his chest as she clung to him and cried.

Next Time:

Max is in Jail.

Daria comes home.

Sorry I have updated earlier, I was sick all week but I’m feeling better now. Thanks for all the reviews! Love hearing your thoughts about each chapter. I’ll try upload the next chapter tomorrow. I hope you enjoy this chapter and keep reviewing! ❤❤

Chapter 7

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been four days since Charlie got raped and Max had just been put in jail today. He had only been sentenced for four years. Charlie had decided that it was time Daria came back home instead of staying with Ruby and Casey. Brax and Heath would be getting out in three days. They hadn't told anyone because they wanted to surprise their loved ones.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Mummy Mummy" Daria squealed as she ran through the door searching for her mother

"Daria" Charlie called as she walked out of her bedroom

"Mummy" Daria beamed as she saw her Mum and ran over to her and gave her a big hug

"I misses you Mummy" Daria said

"I missed you too baby" Charlie said

"Whys I not been at home?" Daria asked

"I thought you would have liked to stay with Ruby and Casey for a few nights" Charlie said

"Yeah it was fun, Can we go to beach now, please Mummy?" Daria begged and Charlie thought to herself for a moment

"Yeah I suppose. Go get changed then come back out here so I can put sun block on you" Charlie said

"Ok" Daria said before she ran off to her room, Charlie sighed before she walked into the living room to be met by Ruby.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey Mum" Ruby said giving her mother a hug “How are you?"

"Good" Charlie replied "How has Daria been?"

"Fine, until she was missing you and wanted to come home" Ruby informed and Charlie smiled lightly before she went a grabbed the sun block of the shelf

"What are you doing?" Ruby asked

"Daria wants to go to the beach so I’m gonna take her" Charlie said

"Its' your first time going out of the house since the ra... that night, are you sure you'll be fine. I can come if you want" Ruby said

"No Rubes I'll be fine, Thanks anyway" Charlie smiled

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ready Mummy" Daria yelled as she ran back into the living room dressed in her togs with a dress over top and with her bag on her shoulder which had her towel in it.

"Right, let's put this on you" Charlie said as she started rubbing sun block all over her daughter’s body.

"Are you comin' to beach too Ruby?" Daria asked

"No, I'm not Dari" Ruby said

"Aw whys not?" Daria asked

"I have to get back to Casey" Ruby said "You spend special time with Mummy"

"Is Daddy no come either?" Daria asked as Ruby looked over at Charlie who was putting stuff in her bag but had stopped at the mention of Brax

"No, He is still away with Uncle Heath" Ruby said as she bent down to Daria level

"Whys no one wanna spend times with me?" Daria said as her eyes welled up with tears

"Aw Dari we do wanna spend time with you but I have to get back to Casey and Daddy is still away. I promise I’ll take you to the beach another day and so will Daddy when he gets back" Ruby said as she held Daria's hands

"You promise?" Daria asked holding out her little finger

"I promise" Ruby smiled as she wrapped her little thing around Daria's.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Gdday" Max said as he sat down near a table where Brax was sitting.

"Hey" Brax said

"Nice place ae" Max chuckled

"No not really" Brax said and Max stopped laughing as Brax started to speak again “It’s hell in here mate, I don’t get to see my fiancée or my daughters” Brax said thinking of how much he missed Charlie, Daria and Ruby.

"Suppose that’s your own fault for breaking the law, if you’re in here... So what did you do to end up in here anyway?" Max asked

"My brother and I got set up, our younger brothers lawyer and rival gang planted drugs on us" Brax told "what about yourself?"

"Ugh I raped some chick" Max said

“Rape? That’s pretty low man” Brax said

“Yeah, but I was drunk” Max said

“Don’t blame the drink” Brax said

“Yeah, I wouldn’t be here if it was for her stupid friend from Summer Bay” Max said

"It’s your fault your here not her frie... wait Summer Bay? Who?" Brax asked shocked

"Bianca was the friends and Charlie was the girl I raped" Max said

"Charlie Buckton?" Brax asked as he looked angrily at Max

"Yes that it" Max said

"Charlie Buckton" Brax repeated "my fiancée" Brax said angrily

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Mummy come in the water” Daria said tugging on Charlie’s hand

“No, I’ll just watch you from here sweetheart” Charlie smiled

“C’mon Mummy, just for a little while” Daria said

“Don’t give me doe eyes” Charlie laughed

“Pleeeeeeease” Daria said tugging on Charlie’s arm again

“Fine, but only for a little bit” Charlie said getting up and taking off her dress as Daria ran off to the water but stopped at the water edge turning around and waiting for her mother to catch up so they could go in together.

“Put me down Mummy” Daria squealed as Charlie had Daria in her arms swinging her from side to side

“1” Charlie swung her

“2” Charlie swung her again

“3” Charlie sung her but let go off her this time and Daria squealed as she landed in the water. Charlie grabbed a hold of her as she resurfaced so she wouldn’t sink.

“Time to get out now” Charlie said

“Okay” Daria said as the both started waking up the beach hand in hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Charlie dried herself of and wrapped the towel around her waist and sat down on the sand and wrapped Daria’s towel around her body as Daria plonked herself on the sand in between Charlie’s legs and Charlie wrapped her arms around her daughter.

“I’s had fun with you” Daria said

“I had fun too baby” Charlie said as she kissed her cheek and they sat in silence for a few minutes. Charlie just forgot about ever that was happening around her and enjoyed quality time with her youngest daughter.

“Cans we gets vegesmite toast from Leah” Daria asked turning around in her mother’s legs

“I’m sure she could do that for you” Charlie said

“YAY, thank you Mummy” Daria said as she placed her little hands on either side of Charlie’s face and kissed her on the tip of her nose before placing another kiss on her lips. Charlie smiled to herself as she got up and packed up their stuff before they headed up the beach and into the Diner.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next Time:

What does Brax do after finding out that Max raped Charlie?

Who turns up at the house?

Archived