Rebecca Breeds-Voices in my head say stop eating

Guest xxdanixx

AFTER enduring years of taunts about her weight, Seven's Home and Away star Rebecca Breeds says she still has to fight the voices in her head telling her she's not skinny enough.

Breeds, 24, who plays Ruby Buckton on the popular soap, said there was immense pressure on young actors to stay thin.

It's something the Summer Bay stunner is acutely aware of after being constantly teased about her body growing up in Sutherland.

"I was a fat kid. I can laugh now. But I got teased about being an Oompa Loompa and stuff like that. I've always been healthy . . . but it's the voices in my head (I've had to beat)," she said.

"It's definitely something you have to learn: that you are going to be judged and scrutinised, but you have to decide how much you listen to and how much you let other people's opinions in."

Breeds, who dates fellow Home and Away actor Luke Mitchell, has been nominated for several Logie Awards, but she admits she is still uncomfortable with the fame that comes with success.

"It's a bit daunting going into an industry that is very much based around your appearance," she said.

"I just want to act, I don't care about that stuff. I hate that you need to think about it as much as you do to get work. If anything made me not want to be in this industry, it's the high emphasis that people put on body image.

"It's ridiculous and unfair to the people in the industry who want to act."

Breeds is nearing the end of her fourth year on the show and says she will continue playing Ruby for a while yet. When the time is right, she'd like to try her luck in Hollywood like many of her Home and Away predecessors.

"I want to do big, big awesome films and be awesome at it," she said.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/voic...9-1226256292573

Many thanks for posting this, Xxdanixx !!!!

I LOOOVE that Rebecca has come through everything she has [“But I got teased about being an Oompa Loompa and stuff like that.”] and is doing soooooooooooooooooooo great now as Ruby !!!!! The pics of her in the yellow dress are ACE too !!!!!

Those pictures are stunning. :o

I think it's nice to hear that she's admitting still feeling insecure about something a lot of people aren't comfortable with. It's only human and I can imagine going through it on a show that's known for having an attractive cast makes it far worse.

Archived