Cameron Welsh Quits

Guest ter06

If she comes through with one of the things she mentions in this week's TV week about the return of a certain tune, then I will be kissing her feet.

No way, did she say that?! which interview is this? :wub:

EDIT: Don't worry I just read it. From the sounds of it, I don't think the (theme) tune is coming back permanently :cryingsmiley: . She said "keep a listen out for a tune we haven't heard in a very long time", and because it was said off-hand in reply to a question about Bianca and Liam's marriage, it makes me think they might play it mid-episode due to it being particularly emotional and Home and Away-ish, just like they did in episode 4000.

I'm kinda sad I guess that Cam's gone. He did some good things for Home & Away.

I wish him luck in the future.

I agree, he really wasn't that bad, he was in control throughout 2008 ffs.

If she brings back some sort of opening theme then I will love her forever!!

Also in regards to 2008 being an amazing year.......I hold Bevan Lee accountable for those 4 amazing months at the start of the season :P The rest was all average!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is the theme that important? She could bring it back, and it will do diddly squat if the show is still rubbish.

It won't do anything to make the show bearable for viewers who aren't enjoying it currently. However I don't see it doing any harm, as long as we don't get anything like the 2004 theme!

There's now a news story on the main site detailing the major changes behind-the-scenes:

http://www.backtothebay.net/news/2012/01/1...a-changes.shtml

Thanks Dan, a very interesting article, I'm always interested to hear what's going on behind the scenes. :)

Kind of good news, I guess. The show has massively lost its way since mid-2008.

Having Julie back will be a big bonus.

Has the role of Script Producer changed a bit now then? As I thought it was always them that came up with the direction - most noticeably when we lost Coral Drouyn, had Bevan Lee back for 6 or so months, then got Dan Bennett who started the whole "Cop Drama OTT" thing back in '05.

Basically, the River Boys need to go, or at least get pushed back. Like Ryan said, visually it's a great show now but it's missing something in terms of stories and characters. We need a more Early Years vibe about the place. Just warmer storylines instead of this harsh edgy feel we have at the moment.

Archived