Cameron Welsh Quits

Guest ter06

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Cameron did care for the show and was doing what he thought was right. Then again, people rarely do things they think are wrong, even if they are abhorrent, and I think there's been a lot of poor decisions, certainly on the storyline front. As a show nowadays, visually it looks very, very good, but then it may be like womens tennis. Visually appealing on the surface, but terrible to watch.

But then I worry as well. I think our increasingly degree driven culture leads to people with the right letters after their name and putting out the right figures, sometimes to the absence of people with stories to tell. Lucy Addario doesn't appear to have a huge amount of experience according to IMDB, though I guess it might not be everything when it comes to Australian TV, I just hope she has a good vision and isn't just another churned out by the machine.

Ryan BSc

Moved to Aus Discussion

It also says that Louise Bowes will continue as Script Producer, I thought it was Jason Daniel?

Jason Daniel was SP for the first 6 months of 2011

Uh Oh, after that it was all down hill. :(

That was my thought also.

I'll just wait and see I suppose, but my confidence in most of H&A's writing team has been shaky for 6 years now, they hardly ever prove me wrong and I'm left disappointed or frustrated more than I am impressed. Hopefully she is the best thing to happen to the show in recent years but going off the past 6 months, I wont hold my breath.

I just hope Susan Bower does not take over.

Oh good god. Don't even say that!

This is good news. First no Susan Bower. Now no more Cam Welsh. And hopefully less RBs? I'd like the show to go back to more focus on characters and family please.. sick of these lies, crime and wrong people going to jail.

I posted it in the Coming and Going Thread yetrserday, I wasn't sure where to.

Anyway, the link to my post here

EDIT How could I have overseen that?!

"Yep, I have left Home and Away. The brilliant Lucy Addario is the new producer and @Louise_Bowes continues as script producer." - posted by Cameron Welsh.....

If she comes through with one of the things she mentions in this week's TV week about the return of a certain tune, then I will be kissing her feet.

No way, did she say that?! which interview is this? :wub:

EDIT: Don't worry I just read it. From the sounds of it, I don't think the (theme) tune is coming back permanently :cryingsmiley: . She said "keep a listen out for a tune we haven't heard in a very long time", and because it was said off-hand in reply to a question about Bianca and Liam's marriage, it makes me think they might play it mid-episode due to it being particularly emotional and Home and Away-ish, just like they did in episode 4000.

I'm kinda sad I guess that Cam's gone. He did some good things for Home & Away.

I wish him luck in the future.

I agree, he really wasn't that bad, he was in control throughout 2008 ffs.

Anyone know who the new Executive Producer is?

From his post on Twitter 'Lucy Addario' will be taking over his position, although I'm not sure if this is permanent.

Moving this again as I realised it belongs in the News section more than anywhere else :P

Anyone know who the new Executive Producer is?

From his post on Twitter 'Lucy Addario' will be taking over his position, although I'm not sure if this is permanent.

Yes it is permanent, Lucy Addario is the new Series Producer.

A change in Series Producer has absolutely no bearing on the role of Executive Producer, but as it happens there are actually some changes occuring higher up at Seven this month.

John Holmes, who as Seven's Head of Drama has acted as H&A's Executive Producer since around 1994, is in fact taking up another position in the company which will enable him to not be tied up with the day to day running of things, but focus far more on the creative side of things alongside Bevan Lee (who continues as Network Script Executive).

Presuming that the new Head of Drama will also take on the title of 'Executive Producer', then it will be none other than Cameron's wife, Julie McGauran - who was H&A's Series Producer from 2001-2006.

Archived