Family Reunion

Guest AvrilRP212

Sorry its taken me a few days to update this but schholwork was piling up again. Hope you enjoy the next chapter. :rolleyes:

Chapter 5

The next morning whilst everyone was getting breakfast Charlie and Brax were standing out of hearing range of everyone else.

“I swear I have never seen those before in my life.” Brax said angry that she would think he had been dealing drugs again.

“Well that’s funny considering I found them in your bag.” Charlie replied.

“Great you’ve been going through my stuff now. Is that how much trust you have in me?”

“No Brax I didn’t go through your stuff. They fell out.”

“I don’t know why they were in my bag, who the hell LJY is or why you would think I’d risk the safety of my family just to make a few extra dollars.” Brax shouted at her.

“So you’re saying that in the last 10 years you’ve never once selling drugs…even when we were desperate?”

Brax was speechless. He knew exactly what she was talking about. Before Sofia had been born they’d discovered a tumour inside the baby’s lungs that would ultimately lead to her death unless it was removed. Sid had suggested a private hospital in the city that sometimes did fetal surgery when there was no other option but it was expensive. The sort of money they couldn’t get their hands on easily in the short time they were given. Eventually Brax could see only one other option. Sell the drugs to save his unborn daughter. He had a feeling at the time Charlie knew exactly what he was up to. The disapproving look in her eyes gave it away but she didn’t protest. After a couple of days he’d managed to make a quarter of the money needed and then Bianca, Leah and Ruby managed to raise the rest.

“That was different. I was only trying to help our daughter.” Brax said.

“The first time you started drug dealing it was to help your brothers and your mum. And look where that ended up.”

After everything that had happened with the drugs and then the Pirovic’s Charlie couldn’t handle Brax being involved in that anymore. Brax looked at her angrily before storming off leaving her regretful for bringing that up. He was only trying to help all those years ago and it wasn’t Brax’s fault Sofia had gotten ill. It could only have been hers.

Behind the trees Louie and Maddie were watching.

“Why do they fight?” She asked.

“They’re just angry about something. Like you get angry when I hide your bear.” Louie replied wanting to spare his sister the details that he already understood.

At lunchtime Liam was back sneaking around their campsite again. This time with merely a piece of paper holding a single sentence that he knew would defiantly stir up some feelings for Heath and Bianca. Along with the drugs he’d have them fighting in no time. He slipped the sheet of paper in between a pile of clothes, hoping Bianca would find it. He turned round, about to get up but instead, coming face to face with a very mean looking Max.

“Easy doggie…nice doggie…” Liam said hoping to appeal to the dog.

Max opened his mouth to show off his razor like teeth nearly causing Liam to faint. But instead he fell back down the same bit of slope as yesterday and fell into the same patch of mud.

“Oh great…look what you’ve done you stinking mutt.” Liam cursed.

Anyone who knows dogs would have noticed the sly doggie smile that was on Max’s face. Whereas Liam’s had a look of pure rage.

“Max!...where are you boy?” Louie shouted from up on the hill.

Max pricked his ears, took one last look at Liam trying to get himself out of the mud, before walking back up the hill, his tail wagging madly from the mornings events.

“How many more days have we got out here?” Alexander moaned.

“Well let’s see…we got here yesterday which means twelve more days of complete boredom.” Claire replied.

“You know you would have a whole lot more fun if you stopped thinking about technology and started enjoying what you can do out here.” Jamie said walking past them.

“I don’t remember asking for your opinion kid.” Alexander said.

“That’s good cause it wasn’t an opinion. That was advice.” Justin said.

“If you want our opinions it’s you two are ruining this trip so grow up and learn to have some fun.” Louie said.

“That’s rich considering your half our age.” Claire said.

“Age is just a number. It’s your maturity that counts.” Louie said.

Alexander and Claire watched as the three young buys ran off to play in the sand with the younger children. VJ who had remained silent during the discussion got up to join the other children.

“Miles you do know it’s rude to spy on people.” Leah said laughing.

“It’s not spying. The whole reason I pulled out of the teacher conference I had planned was to see if we could get those two to behave again and separate them from those objects of technology. And I think it might be working.” Miles said as he watched them go over to the young children and play with them.

“So…how did it go?” Indi asked as Dex walked back towards his tent.

“You really want to know?” Dex asked sounding defeated.

“I wouldn’t have asked if I didn’t.”

“Alright. We started off the morning with what was supposed to be a peaceful swim on the beach which was interrupted by certain young Braxton’s. We then had breakfast and went for a walk in which we were chased by a snake who is now digesting the $759 ring. I was then going to ask her without the ring and it turns out I gave us food poisoning this morning. And to top it all off she threw up on me so I’m going to take this as a bad omen and forget about April altogether.”

“You don’t seriously believe in all that stuff?”

“This morning I would have said no but now I not so sure.”

Leah went to go and get some more clothes for Zach and Maddie when she accidently knocked down the pile. Picking it up again she found a sheet of paper. She opened it up and read it.

Does he resent you for your ultimatum?

Leah thought back to when she and Miles had got back together. She’d made him understand that she didn’t want anymore children and although Miles wanted kids he gave in. Merely months later however they’d found two children sleeping outside the diner. One was nine and the other six. After quite a lot of talking and meeting with social workers they had adopted the two children and Miles looked happier but she’d always wondered if he felt upset or even resentful that he had no biological children of his own and reading that sentence on the sheet of paper gave her the strength she needed to go and find out for sure…

Preview for next Chapter:

Is Miles resenting her decision?

What’s Liam planning next and will his attempts ever reach who they’re meant for?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is VERY intriguing and cooooooooooool, especially ......

 “So you’re saying that in the last 10 years you’ve never once selling drugs…even when we were desperate?”

Brax was speechless. He knew exactly what she was talking about. Before Sofia had been born they’d discovered a tumour inside the baby’s lungs that would ultimately lead to her death unless it was removed. Sid had suggested a private hospital in the city that sometimes did fetal surgery when there was no other option but it was expensive. The sort of money they couldn’t get their hands on easily in the short time they were given. Eventually Brax could see only one other option. Sell the drugs to save his unborn daughter. He had a feeling at the time Charlie knew exactly what he was up to. The disapproving look in her eyes gave it away but she didn’t protest. After a couple of days he’d managed to make a quarter of the money needed and then Bianca, Leah and Ruby managed to raise the rest.

 “They’re just angry about something. Like you get angry when I hide your bear.” Louie replied wanting to spare his sister the details that he already understood.

 He slipped the sheet of paper in between a pile of clothes, hoping Bianca would find it. He turned round, about to get up but instead, coming face to face with a very mean looking Max.

“Easy doggie…nice doggie…” Liam said hoping to appeal to the dog.

 “Well let’s see…we got here yesterday which means twelve more days of complete boredom.” Claire replied.

 “Age is just a number. It’s your maturity that counts.” Louie said.

 “Alright. We started off the morning with what was supposed to be a peaceful swim on the beach which was interrupted by certain young Braxton’s. We then had breakfast and went for a walk in which we were chased by a snake who is now digesting the $759 ring. I was then going to ask her without the ring and it turns out I gave us food poisoning this morning. And to top it all off she threw up on me so I’m going to take this as a bad omen and forget about April altogether.”

 Does he resent you for your ultimatum?

Leah thought back to when she and Miles had got back together. She’d made him understand that she didn’t want anymore children and although Miles wanted kids he gave in. Merely months later however they’d found two children sleeping outside the diner. One was nine and the other six. After quite a lot of talking and meeting with social workers they had adopted the two children and Miles looked happier but she’d always wondered if he felt upset or even resentful that he had no biological children of his own and reading that sentence on the sheet of paper gave her the strength she needed to go and find out for sure…

Archived