Adam vs. Vinnie

Guest dncllpyk

Both larrikans on their time during Home & Away who do you think was better? In my opinion Vinnie. He was a lot nicer than Adam and actually cared about the woman he was going out with and wouldnt of challenged a teenager to fight just because his girlfriend dumped for that guy. Adam was lazy and treated woman like possesstions and was always landing Marilyn and Matt in hot water with his latest schemes

Both larrikans on their time during Home & Away who do you think was better? In my opinion Vinnie. He was a lot nicer than Adam and actually cared about the woman he was going out with and wouldnt of challenged a teenager to fight just because his girlfriend dumped for that guy. Adam was lazy and treated woman like possesstions and was always landing Marilyn and Matt in hot water with his latest schemes

I guess if you had to be friends with one of them Vinnie would win hands down. But their characters both changed so much since they first appeared. I think they are both fantastic characters though. And was great to see the together in 1999.

As it was mentioned, both were affable, casual and knockabout types.

But that's probably where the similarities end.

Vinnie, although selfish at times, generally cared much more about his relationships with people than Adam. Vinnie had some responsibility for his actions; Adam shuns it altogether. Vinnie loved Leah but Adam just used Carly & Emma for his own gratification and ultimately does the same with Maz.

Both were schemers but Adam seems more manipulative than Vinnie ever was. Vinnie was more (pardon the phrase) 'Martin Dibblish' in that there was a certain level of vulnerability and even fun in his dodgy dealings. In contrast, Adam's schemes usually lead to negative outcomes for others, such as Maz & Matt.

I don't ever recall Vinnie being nasty as such but we've certainly witnessed recently Adam being that way in his determination to keep Emma. This, for me, is the key difference between both characters. Vinnie certainly has more warmth.

Adam's pig-headedness and over-the-top bravado in threatening Paul lately has shown his true colours.

But Adam's redemption in saving Sam atones for his past wrongs.

Archived