Martin Dibble - Craig Thompson

Entrepreneur. Rock Star. Stud. Legend.

I cannot believe that H&A fans have overlooked Martin 'Legend' Dibble in the Character/Actor forum.

I therefore felt compelled to add the character that kept me glued to H&A back in the early days.

To some he was a village idiot. But the Lothario of Summer Bay was a rock star with Image, an entrepreneur and most importantly he was Lance Smart's best friend. Not many people in Summer Bay can lay claim to these facts :lol:

What are your favourite Martin (and Lance) moments?

What did you like/dislike about Martin?

How sad did you feel at his departure, hopping onto the bus to join the army and leaving poor Lance to fend for himself?

Please share your thoughts....

Edited by QUIET ACHIEVER
  • Like 1

I miss Lance and Martin. I think they were trying to create a double act with Adam and Matt. I like them but they are not the same as Lance and Martin. Martin was the brains behind most of the schemes. I felt sorry for him when Marilyn got him to move out. It was funny in episode 182 when he spiked Donald's water bag and Celia drunk it and got really drunk. I enjoyed it when he returned for Sally's wedding and the episode where the boat sank in 2002. It's a shame him and Lance didn't stay on for longer :)

• Like 1

Martin was the brains behind most of the schemes.

He had more brains than Lance, but that's not saying a lot! :lol: Lance and Martin play a huge part in my enjoyment of the show during the early years. Great double act and I particularly liked their storylines during 1988.

I hate to be so cynical and I hope I'm wrong, but I get the feeling the writers wanted to keep that daft threesome with Maz but wanted to shift their brains up a gear as well as introduce more actors who could be seen as 'hot/sexy' with the abs and surfing etc So Lance and Martin got the chop sadly. That's not to say I don't like Matt and Adam - the two of them with Maz are brilliant.

I reckon the current show would greatly benefit from the Martin/Lance type character. Vinnie also proved to be really popular and he was very similar to Martin, they shared some good scenes when Martin returned for Sally's wedding. I also really liked how the writers had him stick around for a couple of weeks if I'm not mistaken (as they did Lance a few months earlier) rather than just a few days.

Edited by alexx
  • Like 1

Martin was the brains behind most of the schemes.

He had more brains than Lance, but that's not saying a lot! :lol: Lance and Martin play a huge part in my enjoyment of the show during the early years. Great double act and I particularly liked their storylines during 1988.

I hate to be so cynical and I hope I'm wrong, but I get the feeling the writers wanted to keep that daft threesome with Maz but wanted to shift their brains up a gear as well as introduce more actors who could be seen as 'hot/sexy' with the abs and surfing etc So Lance and Martin got the chop sadly. That's not to say I don't like Matt and Adam - the two of them with Maz are brilliant.

I reckon the current show would greatly benefit from the Martin/Lance type character. Vinnie also proved to be really popular and he was very similar to Martin, they shared some good scenes when Martin returned for Sally's wedding. I also really liked how the writers had him stick around for a couple of weeks if I'm not mistaken (as they did Lance a few months earlier) rather than just a few days.

I totally agree with you, what I would give for Martin and Labce's return in 2012....

And Vinnie is one of my faves in the latter series because of his 'Martin Dibblish' ways (although they developed his character much further than they ever did Martin)....

I think they've somewhat 'dumbed down' Adam recently to fill the gap of Marty & Lance leaving. Adam looked much more intelligent in his early days.....

Summer Bay is just not the same anymore, I can't watch it with the same level of enjoyment. Someone suggested that Dex provides the comic relief role at times but it's not on the same scale.....

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 7 years later...
On 21/04/2019 at 13:10, j.laur5 said:

Martin and Lance are early days more lighthearted Braxtons. 

Martin and Lance are nothing like the Braxtons.........

i don’t remember them kidnapping/killing anyone or pushing drugs (save for that time they were going to sell dope at the dance but Bobby and Frank caught them making it and made them smoke it! ?)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bobby Forever Missed said:

Martin and Lance are nothing like the Braxtons.........

i don’t remember them kidnapping/killing anyone or pushing drugs (save for that time they were going to sell dope at the dance but Bobby and Frank caught them making it and made them smoke it! ?)

I said lighthearted meaning not as dark storylines  and Braxtons were not killers as Casey killing Danny was in self defence.