Nothing Lasts Forever

Guest Danni02

Thank you so much RR1, pembie, Aden_Belle, once_upon_a_mind and Sarah for the comments. :D

Chapter 31

“Gran used to say nothing last forever. I’m beginning to think she was right” Ruby sighed as she sat down on the couch next to Charlie.

“You know Casey probably didn’t mean to let it slip” Charlie said.

“Why are you taking his side, again?” Ruby asked as she raised her voice.

“Ruby, I’m not on anyone’s side” Charlie said “I just think that he didn’t mean to let it out the way he did. He was just trying to stick up for me”

“Well he didn’t need to let that out” Ruby argued “We’re done anyways, so I don’t see why we are still talking about it”

“Ruby” Charlie started but she was cut off by Ruby.

“No, don’t” Ruby said “We’re done. Over. Finished”

“Okay, if that’s what you want” Charlie sighed.

“Of course it’s not what I want” Ruby retorted. “But Charlie, he told Brax you were pregnant then he told his whole family that you were raped”

“Sweetie, I know, but -”

“No, Charlie, we are done” Ruby sighed “Just because you don’t want something, doesn’t mean it’s not going to happen. I mean you didn’t want to end things with Angelo, but you did and now you’re with Brax and are happy, right?”

“Well, I guess, but Rubes -”

“But nothing” Ruby shouted “We are finished and I’ll…..we’re done” Ruby said as a tear began to roll down her cheek. Charlie exhaled lightly as she pulled her daughter closer to her, and into a hug. Ruby held tightly onto her Mother as she cried. “I trusted him” Ruby sniffed back more tears as she continued to hold onto her Mother. “I trusted him and he broke that”

“I know sweetie” Charlie said as she lightly ran her hand through her daughter’s hair.

“So, I guess you and Brax are okay?” Ruby said as she sat back up and wiped the tears from her face.

“Yeah, we’re fine” Charlie smiled as she tucked Ruby’s hair behind her ear.

“Well I’m glad someone is after all this” Ruby forced a smile before she looked down.

“Hey, how about we watch a movie?” Charlie said as she tried to find ways to cheer Ruby up a little.

“Matthew McConaughey?” Ruby asked and Charlie laughed lightly.

“Of course” Charlie smiled.

“Sure, I’ll go get one” Ruby said as she jumped up from the couch and made her way to her bedroom to find one of the many Matthew McConaughey dvd’s that she had.

Brax was re-stocking the bar in the restaurant when he heard someone walking in. “Sorry, we’re actually closed right now” Brax turned around to find Angelo walking in.

“What, even for me?” Angelo asked rather smugly.

“Angelo” Brax sighed “What can I do for you?”

“Oh, I just thought I’d come and see what my good friend Brax was up to”

“Seriously” Brax questioned “What do you want because I am busy eh”

“Just wondered where you were last night?” Angelo asked.

Brax laughed lightly as he shook his head “My whereabouts has nothing to do with you eh”

“Makes you sound guilty of something not answering” Angelo smiled, smugly.

“I was with Charlie” Brax answered “I’ll leave what we were doing up to your imagination” Brax winked as he lightly tapped Angelo’s arm.

“So you were with Charlie all night?” Angelo questioned and Brax nodded.

“You can call her if you don’t believe me” Brax said “Although she is away for a few days with Ruby, so she could still be driving right now, might not answer”

“What time did you get to Charlie’s?” Angelo questioned and Brax sighed as he rubbed his forehead.

“I don’t know, around 7” Brax said “Look, you’re not a cop anymore so I don’t need to answer your stupid questions”

“So that wasn’t your ute I saw out by Morten’s highway around 8 then?” Angelo asked.

“Could have been” Brax answered “Heath might have had my car ay”

“And so what would Heath be doing out there?” Angelo questioned.

“Hunting” Brax answered.

“And what exactly does he hunt?” Angelo laughed not believing Brax’s story.

“Deer, pigs, birds, rabbit’s…..he’s not fussy eh. Whatever he can shoot”

Angelo laughed once more. “Yeah and I’m sure that’s legal”

“We’ve got the papers if you want to see them” Brax said.

“Okay, yeah” Angelo nodded “I mean doesn’t really make sense though, does it. I mean, what’s he doing going hunting at that time of night?”

“You’d need to ask Heath that one” Brax replied. “Don’t know what goes on in his head half of the time”

“So you sticking to that story?” Angelo asked and Brax nodded.

“Well it’s the truth so…” Brax trailed off “Now, if you’re done, cos I really am busy here” Brax said as he turned to continue stacking the shelf with more alcohol.

“Yeah, we’re done for now” Angelo exhaled lightly before he turned and walked out of the restaurant.

Charlie and Ruby had gone away for a few days, as Sid had suggested this might help Ruby with her stress. “Mum do you know what the first 5 atoms of the periodic table are?”

“Ruby” Charlie sighed lightly “Why should that matter right now?”

“Well I need to revise” Ruby sighed.

“Rubes, we came away so you could have a break from that” Charlie said as she reached out and took the book from Ruby, before throwing it behind her and into the back of the car.

“Mum” Ruby sighed as she turned slightly, and tried to lean over for the book.

“Ruby, leave it” Charlie said loudly. “Sid said you were to take a few days off. Listen to him”

“No, but Charlie, I need -”

“Stop” Charlie raised her voice “Or I’ll ban you from watching Matthew McConaughey movies”

“What” Ruby gasped “There’s no need to go that far”

“Your choice” Charlie said before she and Ruby both let out a giggle.

“Okay, I’ll stop” Ruby sighed “You’re right, these next few days are going to just be about us and having fun, and yeah, no studying”

“Good” Charlie smiled as she continued the drive to the hotel. Once they’d got there and up to the room, Ruby reached for the mini-fridge menu, while Charlie ran straight to the bathroom, feeling slightly nauseous. As Ruby heard her Mother throwing up she jumped down from the bed and ran straight into the bathroom.

“Hey, Mum, you okay?” Ruby questioned as she once again held back her hair and gently rubbed her back. Charlie shook her head lightly before she threw up once more.

“It’s just not stopping” Charlie spoke softly as she sat down in the bathroom, and shivered.

“Do you want to go home?” Ruby asked and Charlie shook her head.

“No, you need this” Charlie said “I just need -” Charlie stopped mid-sentence as she once again threw up.

“Mum” Ruby said as if she was about to burst into tears. “There’s something wrong, you shouldn’t be being this sick”

“There’s nothing wrong, Rubes” Charlie replied “I’m just really sick”

“No, I don’t think so” Ruby sighed “You’ve spend more time in the bathroom this last week than anywhere else. Poor Brax last night hardly saw you, you were in the bathroom that much”

“It can’t be helped” Charlie sighed “I just….” Charlie trailed off as she covered her mouth, feeling nauseous once more.

“No, c’mon we are going to the hospital” Ruby said and Charlie shook her head lightly.

“Ruby we don’t need….” Charlie trailed off as she began to feel light headed. “Maybe I just need to lie down for a little bit” Charlie took a deep breath as she tried to stand up, but her whole body began to feel like jelly.

“Mum” Ruby shouted as she took a tighter grip of her. “Mum” Ruby said again, as Charlie’s eyes rolled back and she fell into her daughters arms.

Brax sighed as he put the last of the liquor away. He turned around to find Brodie walking into the restaurant. “Brodie” Brax smiled hoping that he’d found out some information for him. “What can I do for you?” Brax pulled a bottle of bourbon down from the shelf before getting two glasses.

“I eh” Brodie cleared his throat. “I eh…”

“Well c’mon spit it out eh” Brax said as he poured them two glasses.

“Yesterday afternoon I eh, went out to the crop” Brodie swallowed. He had to make a choice and he had to make it now. Did he tell Brax the truth and that it was Heath who was ripping him off, or did he keep his promise to Heath and not say anything.

“And?” Brax questioned “You saw something?”

“I saw someone” Brodie said still unsure of what to do.

“And….for goodness sake Brodie, will you just spit it out”

Brodie sighed lightly. “I dunno” Brodie shook head “I eh; I’d never seen them before”

“Well what did this guy look like?” Brax questioned.

“I dunno…eh…..medium build, medium height…..” Brodie said.

“That’s all you’re giving me?” Brax asked.

“Sorry, I did my best. I was trying not to be seen”

Brax shook his head “Get out” Brax said as he gestured for Brodie to leave.

“What about my money?” Brodie asked.

“What money?” Brax questioned “You’ve not done anything for me yet. I want this guy here right in front of me before I give you a penny” Brax said. Brodie sighed lightly before he downed his bourbon and left the restaurant. Had he made the right choice in helping Heath over Brax? Should he go back and tell Brax the truth and get the money he needs to help his dad? He sighed lightly before he continued to walk away from the restaurant. If he was honest he was probably more fearful of Heath than Brax, so decided it was best to stay on his good side. He would continue to help Heath. Brax took the empty glasses into the kitchen and threw them down in anger, causing one of the glasses to shatter into tiny pieces. Brax sighed as he went to clean up the mess, but was stopped by the sounds of his mobile ringing. He felt a smile forming on his face as he saw Charlie’s name flashing across the screen. “Charlie, hey babe, what’s…..Ruby, hey, whoa whoa, Rubes calm down I can’t hear what you’re saying” Brax said in a slight panic as he heard Ruby’s tone. “Okay, Rubes, listen to me” Brax said once Ruby had explained what had happened. “Ruby, I need you to listen to me” Brax said as he ran from the restaurant and made his way to his ute. “You need to get her to the hospital, okay, just get her there and I’ll be right there too. I’m on my way okay?” Brax said before he hung up the phone and got in his car and sped off in the direction of the hospital.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Aden_Belle, Sarah, RR1, once_upon_a_mind, cb2180 and Cally for the comments. :wub: Hope you like this next one...

Chapter 32

Brax ran down the corridor of the hospital at over to the reception desk. “Hey, eh…Charlie Buckton, she’s here….I eh….Charlie Buckton”

“Okay and what’s your name sir?” The lady behind the desk asked.

“Brax, Darryl. Darryl Braxton” Brax said quickly.

“She’s in room 407” The lady smiled and Brax gave her a quick smile back before he ran off down the corridor and burst into the room.

“Brax” Ruby said as she ran over to him and wrapped her arms around him, taking him aback.

“Hey, Rubes, it’s okay” Brax said as he pulled back and looked down at her. “What’s happened?”

“I don’t know” Ruby shook her head “I don’t what’s wrong. She was being sick then she just fainted then….I don’t know what’s wrong and the baby, I don’t know if the baby is okay and….”

“Rubes, calm down” Brax said as he pulled her back from the hug and looked down at Charlie who lying in the bed, sleeping. “She’s going to be okay. It sounds like she just fainted”

“But what about the baby” Ruby questioned “I mean what if -” Ruby was interrupted as Sid walked into the room, with Charlie’s file in his hands.

“Well?” Ruby questioned “Tell me the baby is okay”

“Charlie has what you call Hyperemesis Gravidarum and -”

“I’m sorry, what?” Ruby asked.

“Hyperemesis Gravidarum” Sid said once more.

“Again, in English, please” Ruby said.

“In other words, severe morning sickness” Sid replied.

“Well couldn’t you have just said that in the first place without freaking me out with some big words like hypere…..” Ruby trailed off “Yeah, that”

“Sorry” Sid said.

“So what’s the….I dunno….what happens?” Brax asked.

“Well she’s on an IV at the moment to rehydrate her, and once she comes off of that we will look into some medications which will hopefully ease the sickness for her but it could just be a few more bad months ahead for her”

“Great” Ruby sighed “Poor thing has had enough already”

“It is unfortunate, but, sadly there’s not much we can do” Sid said “Now, I’ll leave you alone for a while” Sid said as he exited the room. Ruby looked to Brax and then to Charlie before she took a seat at the chair next to Charlie’s bed.

“Rubes, have you called Angelo?” Brax asked and Ruby looked at Brax, dumbfounded.

“Eh….nope” Ruby answered “What would I call him for?”

“Ruby” Brax sighed “He is the father. I think he should be called”

“You know Charlie won’t want him here” Ruby said as she looked up at Brax. "You’re the one she is going to ask for once she wakes up"

“Maybe so” Brax sighed “But Rubes, whether we like it or not, Angelo is the father and I think he needs to be told eh”

“Okay” Ruby sighed lightly as he stood up from the chair. “I’ll go phone him” Ruby left the room to call Angelo, and it was then that Charlie woke up.

“Hey” Brax smiled as he looked down at Charlie. “How you feeling?”

Charlie tried to talk but her voice came out in a whisper. “I dunno…what happened?”

You have ehm…Hyperemis Gravismun” Brax said and Charlie pulled a face in confusion.

“I have what?” Charlie cleared her throat.

“I dunno something like that” Brax laughed lightly “It’s really bad morning sickness anyway” Brax said and Charlie nodded lightly.

“What ehm….what are you doing here? Where’s Rubes?” Charlie asked.

“She calling Angelo, letting him know what’s going on” Brax said and Charlie nodded lightly.

“I wish she didn’t have to call him” Charlie sighed “I know she does, but I just wish….”

“I know” Brax smiled lightly “I do too”

“He’s going to be all why didn’t you do this or why didn’t you do all that or -”

“Yeah” Brax interrupted “I think I get the message” Charlie laughed lightly before she looked at Brax lovingly.

“So eh, what are you doing here?” Charlie asked.

“Well, Ruby called eh” Brax replied “I was…” Brax trailed off as he looked away, embarrassed.

“You what?” Charlie smiled “You were worried about me weren’t you”

“Well yeah. I mean Ruby called and she sounded a bit….she was worried, I wanted to make sure you were okay ay”

“Well aren’t you sweet” Charlie grinned before Brax leaned forward and placed a soft kiss on her lips. Charlie smiled lightly as she returned the kiss.

“He’s on his way -” Ruby started as she walked back into the room, but stopped mid-sentence as she saw what Charlie and Brax were doing. “Sorry” Ruby cleared her throat. Brax laughed lightly as he sat back up. “I eh, Angelo’s on his way”

“Well won’t that be fun” Brax replied “So much so I think I’m going to go” Brax said as he stood up from the chair.

“What, don’t go because of him” Ruby sighed.

“Your Mum doesn’t need the stress eh” Brax said “He’s just going to start something up if I’m still here and she doesn’t need that. It’s best I leave”

“But you’ll come back later, right?” Ruby questioned and Brax nodded.

“Yeah of course” Brax smiled as he made his way to the door, and opened it to find Angelo standing at the other side.

“What the hell are you doing here?” Angelo questioned.

“I was just about to leave so” Brax said as he went to make his way out but Angelo stopped him.

“You’ve no right being here” Angelo spat “That is my kid, not yours”

“I know. But she’s my girlfriend” Brax said “And what does it really matter? Charlie is lying in a hospital bed she should be your priority right now eh. Her and your baby. Not what I’m doing here”

Angelo scoffed as he shook his head “Go on, get out” Angelo said. Brax shook his head lightly before he left the room, promising to be back later.

“Angelo do you have to be like that” Charlie asked.

“Like what?” Angelo questioned and shook her head at him, choosing not to take it further. “Anyways so what’s wrong, what’s, I mean is the baby okay?”

“Fine” Charlie said “I just have….what is it called Ruby?” Charlie asked as she looked at her daughter.

“Eh…Hyperesis Gavermisum” Ruby said “Or something to that effect”

“It’s Hyperemesis Gravidarum” Sid said as he re-entered the room.

“And what’s that exactly?” Angelo asked.

“Basically, it’s really bad sickness” Sid answered “We’ve got her on an IV which will rehydrate her, and then we’ll see what the next step is after that. Most likely we’ll put Charlie on Zofran, and we will take things from there”

“And is that safe for the baby?” Angelo asked “Because I don’t want anything to harm the baby and -”

“And what about Mum?” Ruby asked “She is sick every day. Not just once a day, multiple times at day she is sick. You don’t get a say in any medications that Mum might take that might have the slightest chance in making her feel better even if for that tiny bit”

“Okay Rubes. That’s enough” Charlie sighed.

“No, Charlie he -”

“I think he gets the message” Charlie said.

“I assure you that any medication we give to Charlie will not harm your child” Sid said and Angelo nodded understandingly.

“Well that’s fine then” Angelo smiled lightly. “So, I see your still seeing that idiot boy”

“Angelo, don’t” Charlie said “If you want to stay to talk about the baby, then fine, but anything else then you should just leave”

“Charlie, he’s….”

“Are you deaf or just stupid?” Ruby spat “She doesn’t want to – no - she doesn’t need to justify her relationship with Brax to you. You left her for some slutty teenager, so why should you have any say in who dates now?”

“Ruby stay out of it” Angelo said.

“No” Ruby raised her voice “You can’t tell me what to do. Mum’s new relationship has way more to do with me than it does with you so why don’t you just -”

“Ruby” Charlie stopped her from going on any further. “Angelo, I think you should just leave now. Okay, thank you for coming, but I’m fine so there’s really no reason for you to stay here”

“Well I mean are you sure? I don’t mind staying at bit longer, I mean -”

“You heard her” Ruby spat “Go on, trot off back to Nicole and George. They’re you family now”

“Well, just call me if you need anything” Angelo said before he left the room.

“You Ruby” Charlie sighed “You gotta stop talking to Angelo like that”

“Well it’s not like he doesn’t deserve it” Ruby sighed as he climbed up onto the bed next to Charlie.

“Ruby” Charlie said “Just don’t okay”

“So you not denying it then” Ruby laughed.

“Just leave it Rubes, yeah” Charlie said and Ruby nodded.

“Sure, Mother. Whatever you say” Ruby said. “So much for this being about me then, you just had to turn it onto you eh” Ruby laughed as she looked up at Charlie.

“I’m sorry” Charlie said “And we will get away” Charlie lightly moved Ruby’s hair behind her ear.

“Hey its fine. Makes a change from me making things about me” Ruby said before they both laughed.

“Well we will get away I promise” Charlie said.

“I’ll hold you to it” Ruby smiled before she pulled Charlie into a hug.

Brax pulled up his ute outside of the house. He sighed lightly as he thought about what Angelo had told him and he was going to get to the bottom of it. “Yo Heath” Brax yelled.

“What” Heath said as he looked up from the chair at looked at Brax.

“You have my ute last night?” Brax asked and Heath nodded as he took a drink of his beer.

“Eh yeah” Heath answered.

“What were you doing out there at that time of night?” Brax asked.

“I eh….” Heath swallowed as he tried to think up an excuse. The truth was that he was taking more of the crop for Hammer, but there was no way he was telling him that. “Just checking it out for ya” Heath finally replied. “You know seeing if I could find the lad who’s been ripping ya off”

“And?” Brax asked.

“Nah mate didn’t see anything” Heath said. He was actually quite surprised that Brax hadn’t figured it out yet, but was happy all the same.

“Right, well if Angelo asks, you were out there hunting” Brax said and Heath laughed.

“Hunting? What the heck would I be doing hunting at that time?”

“I dunno, but I was put on the spot eh” Brax replied before he hit Heath across the face. “And don’t go taking my ute again without asking”

“Whoa chill out bro” Heath said as he rubbed his cheek, where Brax had just hit him. “No big deal eh”

“It is when you know we are being watched” Brax yelled “We might just need to take it easy these next few months. You know, till Angelo’s finally gives up on this”

“Or we could teach him a lesson” Heath beamed.

“Nah nah” Brax shook his head. “We do nothing”

“Okay, whatever you say, boss” Heath sighed as Casey came back up to the house carrying his surfboard, which was now in two pieces. “Ahh Case, now I know you’re heartbroken but no need to take it out on the surfboard, what did it ever do to you” Heath laughed.

“Shut up” Casey said

“Aww you still all upset over Ruby-Wuby breaking things off” Heath laughed.

“Give the kid a break” Brax sighed “It’s only been a few days. Of course he is still going to be upset” Heath laughed once more as he shook his head. “Hey, Case, go get changed, you’ll come help me at the restaurant”

“No thanks” Casey sighed.

“I’m not asking you, I’m telling you. Now c’mon” Brax said.

“I don’t need looking after” Casey yelled.

“Nah, but I do need help at the restaurant” Brax said. Casey sighed lightly before he ran into the house, returning moments later ready to go.

“Let’s go then” Casey yelled as he jumped into the ute.

Thank you all so much for the lovely comments. I hope you like this next one. :D

Chapter 33

During the last 6 months, Charlie sickness had eased dramatically with the help of the medication, and now, at almost 8 months pregnant, her sickness was non-existent, although Sid had requested that she took her medication right up until delivery. “Hey Mum” Ruby smiled as she walked into the kitchen.

“Morning” Charlie smiled as she swallowed down her pill for the day. “So what’s on today?”

“Meeting April” Ruby replied as she opened the fridge and took out the orange juice. “We’re looking at Uni’s. Well actually Northern Districts. We’re both thinking about going there, so I can probably stay at home” Ruby said as she gave Charlie a smile. Despite Ruby’s concerns over her HSC examinations, she did great and passed them no problems.

“What you mean I’m not getting rid you?” Charlie sighed “I was already looking at getting a tenant for your room and -”

“Haha you are so funny” Ruby rolled her eyes. “I bet your chuffed I am staying. And anyways, I’m not leaving you alone with this one” Ruby said as she put her hand on Charlie’s stomach. “Wouldn’t be fair on you leaving you all alone with Mummy now would it?” Ruby said before she laughed.

“Oi cheeky” Charlie playfully hit Ruby’s arm.

“Nah, but seriously, you don’t mind me staying, do you?” Ruby asked.

“Of course not” Charlie replied. “Listen, if you want me to come and check out the university with you then I can -”

“No no” Ruby shook her head “At least not today. But if I need money I’ll give you a call” Ruby teased before she picked up a banana from the fruit bowl and put it into her bag.

“I’m sure you will” Charlie sighed before she laughed lightly at her daughter.

“Morning” Brax said as he came through from the bedroom, while he let out a yawn. He stretched out and rubbed his forehead before he pulled Charlie into a hug.

“Morning” Charlie smiled before she stood on her tiptoes and placed a soft kiss on his lips.

“Okay, so that’s my cue to leave. Cya laters” Ruby said as she walked out of the house, leaving to meet April.

“So, what do you want to do today?” Brax asked. “I’ve got the day of work, and you miss lazy aren’t even working anymore, so….” Brax laughed lightly as he tucked Charlie’s hair behind her ear.

“I am very pregnant, actually, so I think I have every reason not to work” Charlie said.

“Mmm yeah” Brax said “Well when you put it that way”

“Anyways, Angelo is coming around today to discuss baby names, apparently” Charlie sighed.

“Isn’t that something you could do once the kid gets here?” Brax questioned.

“Probably” Charlie sighed “But, I dunno, he want to so, whatever doesn’t cause conflict, I’m gonna go for it”

“Right well I think I’ll go home, because discussing baby names is something you could probably do without me” Brax said as she pulled back from Charlie and went to pour himself a glass of orange juice.

“Ah no, I want you to stay” Charlie said sadly.

“Babe, I gotta go home sometime. I haven’t been home in days, my clothes are getting stinky”

“Well you can wash them here” Charlie laughed.

“Nah, I gotta go home. Some stuff I want to sort out anyways” Brax said.

“Okay” Charlie sighed lightly. “But you’ll come back later?”

“Look at you getting all needy” Brax laughed.

“I’m not needy” Charlie said as she lightly hit Brax’s side. “I just really really like you”

“Only like?” Brax questioned.

“Hmm you know I love you” Charlie said and Brax smiled.

“Love you too” Brax grinned before he once again placed a soft kiss on Charlie’s lips. The kiss became more passionate as Brax pulled Charlie closer, her stomach resting against his.

“Mmm Brax, I…” Charlie trailed off as she looked up at him.

“It’s okay” Brax smiled “We don’t need too…..” Brax said.

“Sorry” Charlie bowed her head down. “I feel bad. I mean it’s been a while....”

“Charlie, you’re pregnant, it’s fine. Besides we had a lot of fun during the beginning of your pregnancy”

“I think my libido was in over-drive” Charlie laughed.

“It was certainly something” Brax agreed before he looked at Charlie loving as he tucked her hair behind her ear. “Oh, someone’s awake” Brax smiled as he looked down to Charlie’s stomach where he’d just felt the baby kick. Charlie smiled lightly as she placed her hand on top of Brax’s, and felt the baby kicking once more.

“You want Brax to stay, don’t you baby” Charlie spoke softly as she looked down at her stomach. The baby replied with a kick. “See that’s a yes” Charlie grinned as she looked back up at Brax.

“Don’t use the baby” Brax sighed “I gotta go. But I’ll be back later” Brax said before he gave Charlie one last kiss, before leaving the house. Charlie sighed lightly before she rubbed her stomach.

“You know baby, Daddy is coming around later and if Mummy is being honest she isn’t looking forward to seeing him” Charlie sighed lightly as she made her way to the bathroom to get a shower. “But he is coming in all the way from the city so I guess I need to play nice” Charlie said. Angelo and Nicole had moved to the city a few months beforehand and rarely came back to bay, so Charlie did have to be thankfully for the effort, that Angelo was still interested in being in the baby’s life. She sighed once more, before she took a towel from the cupboard and hung it from the heater, before she stepped into the shower to get ready for her day.

Ruby and April were standing at the bus stop, waiting for the bus to arrive. The uni was only 20 minutes away, so it made sense that the girls just stayed at home while they were studying. “So you still want to be a Doctor?” Ruby asked and April nodded.

“Yeah, I’ve never been so sure of anything” April smiled. “I want to help people and yeah, it’s what I want”

“Well it’s been nice knowing you” Ruby laughed.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” April asked.

“Well it’s a doctor” Ruby said “You’re going to have heaps of work to do. So you’ll probably be too busy doing that to hang out”

“Nah, I’ll make time to see you guys” April smiled, as Dex and Casey walked up to them.

“Morning girls. How are you on this fine day?” Dex asked before he placed a soft kiss on April’s cheek.

“We’re good” April answered “How about you?”

“I’m swell, thanks for asking” Dex replied.

“Sorry” April mouthed as she looked towards Ruby. She’d told Ruby it was just going to be the two of them going to the open day, but, Dex had text her that morning also wanting to go, so she said he could come, but she didn’t realise he was going to bring Casey.

“It’s fine” Ruby sighed lightly. Although she and Casey hadn’t gotten back together, over time it was easier for them to hang about together again. Although there was still this tension, between the two, most probably because they still really liked each other, but Ruby was really hurt by Casey breaking their trust and she wasn’t prepared to give him a second chance. “So Dex, what is it you want to do again?” Ruby asked as she looked away from Casey and up at Dex.

“Media and Communication” Dex replied. “And you’re Music, right?”

“Yeah” Ruby nodded.

“Music sounds cool” Casey said and Ruby looked at him briefly before looking back to Dex.

“So what’s he doing here exactly?” Ruby asked “I mean, he failed his HSC so shouldn’t he be getting ready to go back to school?”

“He’s just coming for something to do” Dex replied “Oh and Xavier is coming too”

“Speaking about me?” Xavier said as he turned up behind Dex. “All good I hope” Xavier laughed.

“Of course” April laughed. “And you’re just in time” April pointed to the bus as she spoke. Ruby, Casey, Dex, Xavier and April all jumped onto the bus and went up the back, trying to find a seat. Dex and April sat down next to each other, and Casey and Xavier saw down on their own, leaving a free seat next to each them. Ruby sighed lightly as she looked from Xavier to Casey, and then back to Xavier.

“Rubes” Casey smiled “Sit here” Casey pointed to the free seat next to him. Ruby exhaled lightly before she sat down in the free seat next to Xavier. Casey bowed his head down. He was hoping that they’d eventually get back together but as time went on he was starting to realise that that was probably not going to happen anytime soon.

“So Xav” Ruby said “Geography, right?”

“Yeah, I think so” Xavier sighed.

“You think?” Ruby asked.

“Well I don’t know what else I want to do” Xavier said “Geography was always supposed to just be my back up, but I guess I'm going to end up doing it”

“Well you know you don’t need to go to uni right away” Ruby said “If you don’t know what you want to do maybe you are just better not to go. Take a year out and let yourself decide what you want to do. Don’t just go and do something you’re not really wanting to do just for the sake of going to uni”

“Maybe your right” Xavier sighed “I dunno…I’ll just see how today goes” Xavier said as they made their way from the bay to the open day at the university.

Angelo knocked on the door of the house and waited for Charlie to answer. “Hey” Angelo said as Charlie opened the door, and invited him in.

“Angelo” Charlie forced a smile. She didn’t really want to do this today. If she was being honest, she just wanted to sleep. Towards the end of her pregnancy doing the slightest thing made her tired.

“So how are you feeling?” Angelo asked as he walked into the house and took a seat on the couch.

“Tired” Charlie yawned as she too took a seat on the couch. “I’m just getting to that point where I wish the baby was here now”

“Well not much longer” Angelo smiled as he looked down to Charlie stomach. “Mind you once the baby is here you might not be saying that” Angelo laughed “Georgie cried a lot when he was a new-born. Kept me and Nicole up a lot of the night”

“Right” Charlie forced a smile. Although it had been around 7 months since Angelo had left Charlie for Nicole, she still didn’t like hearing the stories of them being a family, and didn’t know if she’d ever get used it. “Anyways, so ehm, baby names”

“Yeah” Angelo smiled “Well I have lots of choices so….”

“So, what are they?” Charlie asked.

“Well if it’s a girl….Francesca” Angelo smiled as he looked at Charlie.

“It’s eh…nice” Charlie smiled lightly. “I’ve always loved Mollie for a girl” Charlie beamed.

“Mollie, that’s so cute” Angelo smiled. “I actually love it. I think that’s it”

“Yeah?” Charlie questioned and Angelo nodded.

“Well if it’s a girl, it’s definitely a top contender” Angelo said and Charlie smiled. “Okay, so” Angelo said “Hunter, Jackson and David are boy’s names that I love”

“I eh….sorry but no” Charlie shook her head. “I was thinking maybe if it was a boy, we could call it Ross, after my Dad.

“What Ross Rosetta?” Angelo laughed. “Don’t quiet think that sounds right, does it?”

“Who said it had to be Rosetta?” Charlie questioned.

“What, well I’m the father; the baby should get my name”

“Why?” Charlie questioned “I want the baby to have the same name as me”

“But I’m the father” Angelo said “Charlie, it’s taking my surname”

“Angelo, I don’t have the strength” Charlie shook her head lightly. “Can we just agree on some first names for now and we’ll work out the surname at a later date” Angelo nodded lightly, although he looked unimpressed with the suggestion. “So you’re saying no to Ross then?”

“Sorry, I’ve just never been a fan of that name” Angelo said. “I love Marcus and James”

“James is nice” Charlie smiled. “I like Harvey”

“No” Angelo shook his head. “What about Ashton or Archie, Archie is cute”

“Archie?” Charlie questioned “Sorry I didn’t realise we were having an 89-year-old”

“What?” Angelo questioned “It’s a good name”

“No, it’s old and no” Charlie shook her head. “What about Mason?”

“No” Angelo shook his head. “Anderson?”

“Angelo, that’s a surname” Charlie sighed.

“Well it can also be a first name, I think it’s nice”

“Well if you and Nicole have a baby then please call it Anderson” Charlie said.

“Okay, so we have a girl’s name at least” Angelo smiled. “I guess we still have time to think of a boy’s name”

“Yes we do” Charlie nodded before silence hit the pair.

“So…uhm….you need any help with the baby’s room or….”

“No Brax has done it all” Charlie smiled “It’s really nice. Its light green and has little bears on the walls and -”

“Sounds lovely” Angelo smiled weakly. “I just though considering I’m the father that maybe I’d have had more say in it”

“Angelo I’ve asked you plenty of times if you wanted to come and help me decorate the nursery. But there just always seemed to be an excuse. You know George was sick or you had to help Nicole with this or you were too busy setting up the new restaurant…don’t sit there getting mad because Brax helped because you had plenty opportunity to help too”

“Charlie I just” Angelo shook his head as he trailed off. “I just don’t get what you see in him. He’s….”

“Don’t you dare say he is dodgy” Charlie sighed. Angelo was still trying to tell Charlie any chance he got that Brax was dodgy, and was determined to show her, but so far he hadn’t had any luck in proving that he was right. “Maybe you should just leave now” Charlie said as she pulled herself into standing from the couch. Angelo sighed lightly as he stood up and followed Charlie to the front door.

“I care about you, Charlie” Angelo said “I just don’t want you, or our baby, getting hurt”

“Well we won’t” Charlie said “I’ll see you later” Charlie said as she showed Angelo out of the house. She closed the door behind her and leaned back into it. She sighed lightly at Angelo still saying that Brax was dodgy. Running her hand gently across her stomach, she hoped that Angelo was wrong.

Thanks everyone. :wub: Hope you like this next one.

Chapter 34

Charlie walked into the Diner, where she had agreed to meet Bianca for lunch. “Hey fatty” Bianca laughed as Charlie took a seat.

“Hi” Charlie said, choosing to ignore Bianca’s choice of nickname. Over the last few weeks Bianca had started to call Charlie by nicknames - mostly fatty - considering the size she’d become.

“You look like you’re going to burst” Bianca said.

“Feel like it too” Charlie sighed.

“Oh my God, are you? Is it?” Bianca started to panic as she stood up from her chair.

“No” Charlie laughed “I still have 5 weeks to go, but I just feel really uncomfortable”

“Well at least your sickness has stopped. Would be worse if that was still going too” Bianca said and Charlie agreed. “So, how was your meeting with Angelo this morning?” Bianca questioned.

“Don’t even” Charlie shook her head lightly.

“That bad?” Bianca asked and once more Charlie shook her head.

“Well, not really, no” Charlie said “But, he is still going on about Brax being dodgy and now we’re fighting over the baby’s surname and -”

“The baby’s surname?” Bianca questioned.

“I want it to have the same name as me and Rubes, but cave-man Angelo thinks it needs to take his name because he’s the man and that’s the way things are”

“Who cares what Angelo thinks?” Bianca said “You’re the Mother; you’ve carried this baby for almost 9 months, you’re going to do the brunt of the caregiving, you name that baby Buckton”

“Well he is the father” Charlie sighed “But I just -”

“Yeah but Charlie, you and Angelo were never married. Okay, so, you don’t even have to let Angelo be a part of this baby’s life. Legally, there’s not much Angelo can do. So if Mum want’s to call the baby Buckton, then there’s nothing he can do to stop it”

“Well I suppose” Charlie sighed lightly “We can’t even agree on a first name so I don’t know how we are going to agree on the surname as well. Well we’ve agreed on a girl’s name, but if it’s a boy, then we’re never going to get there”

“Oh you have a girl’s name” Bianca beamed “Are we sharing with the class?”

Charlie laughed lightly “Mollie”

“Aww Charlie” Bianca gushed “That’s so cute. Little Mollie Buckton. It’s lovely”

“Let’s hope it’s a girl then because if it’s a boy we got nothing. Well, we had James. I think it’s the only name we both said we liked, but I just don’t know if I like it enough to call my baby that”

“Maybe you just have to wait till the baby is here to know what you want to call it” Bianca said “My Mum was adamant that April was going to be called Sarah, but then when she was born, she said she was an April, so I dunno, maybe the baby will arrive and you’ll just know”

“Maybe” Charlie smiled lightly “Anyways, enough talking about me. How are you? How’s things?”

“I’m good. Nothing much else going on in my life right now. Yours is way more exciting” Bianca laughed.

“I wish it wasn’t” Charlie said “You know whatever happened to the simple boy meets girl, they fall in love, get married and have a baby. Sounds so much better than my messed up version”

“But so much more boring” Bianca added “And besides you are in love, just not with the father of your baby”

“I guess” Charlie smiled lightly. “Sometimes I just wish that Angelo and I could have made things work. You know so the baby could know what it was like to have a family”

“Charlie, they baby is going to have a family. Okay, this kid is going to have, not 2, but 4 parents who love it. Angelo and Nicole are happy and settled and will be great with baby, the same as you and Brax. This kid is going to have so much love, that I’m actually jealous” Bianca laughed.

“I know, I know. I need to stop stressing” Charlie said and Bianca nodded.

“Yes, can’t be good for little bubba wubba woo can it?” Bianca said, changing her voice, as if she was talking to a baby. Charlie laughed lightly.

“Gosh, you’re almost more excited for this baby than me” Charlie laughed.

“Well hello it’s a bubba” Bianca beamed. “And I’m gonna be an Auntie. Not officially, but you know”

“Ahh so you’re my go to when I need a sitter?” Charlie teased.

“Of course” Bianca said “Anytime” Charlie smiled before she looked around the Diner.

“Where is Leah or Irene or Colleen or someone, God I’m starving” Charlie asked and Bianca laughed.

“Patience my friend. They are very busy” Bianca said.

“And I’m very pregnant. I need food” Charlie replied.

“Hmm you have a point. I’ll go see if I can find someone” Bianca laughed as she stood up and walked away from the table.

Ruby, Xavier, Dex, April and Casey walked out of the uni and across the street into a Diner, ready for some lunch. “So, that was fun” Casey rolled his eyes.

“Well you didn’t need to come” Ruby spat back “Of course you wouldn’t find it interesting if you’re not going to uni”

“Guys” Dex sighed “I thought you two could get along now”

“We can” Ruby said “When he isn’t being stupid”

“Well I’m sorry for wanting to hang out with my friends” Casey spat before he stood up from the table and left the Diner.

“Ruby” April sighed. “Did you really need to say that?”

“I’ll go talk to him” Dex said as he stood up and walked after Casey.

Ruby sighed “Maybe not, but did he really need to come today?”

“C’mon Rubes, he’s going back to school when all the rest of us are starting uni, give him a break” April said and Ruby sighed lightly.

“Whatever” Ruby said “Now are we going to order or?”

“I’m going to go and see if they’re okay” April said as she stood up from the table and left the Diner.

“So, are we eating or are you going to go off with Casey too” Ruby said as she looked to Xavier who had so far stayed quiet.

“I’ll stay” Xavier smiled at Ruby.

“So you don’t think I was wrong to say that to him?” Ruby questioned.

“Probably” Xavier answered truthfully. “But at the same I don’t get why he came today either, so” Xavier trailed off as he shrugged his shoulders. Ruby smiled before someone came to take their order.

“So” Ruby said once their order was taken “Have you decided if you want to go to uni then?”

“Eh, I think your right” Xavier said “I’m going to take a year out, get a job. I’ll go to uni when I know what I really want to do”

“That’s the best solution” Ruby smiled.

“Sorry we can’t all be as smart as you” Xavier teased and Ruby laughed before the two stared at each other silently for a moment. Ruby and Xavier had been getting closer over the last 6 months, and there was something there between them again. If Ruby was being honest, she’d want to take their relationship to more than friends, but having been there twice before already, and it not working out, she was cautious about suggesting that they tried again.

“Xav, I….” Ruby started but was cut off when April, Dex and Casey returned to the table.

“Hey guys” Dex said “Now are you two going to play nice?”

“Sure” Ruby sighed as she looked up at Casey and gave him a forced smile.

“Great” Dex said.

“We’ve ordered so you’ll probably want to find a waitress and eh order” Xavier said. If he was being honest with himself, he was slightly disappointed that the others had returned, as he too was feeling something with Ruby, and was also wanting to ask her if she wanted to try again.

“Sure, eh, I’ll go up to the counter” Dex said “What do you guys want?” April and Casey told Dex their order, before he went off to order their lunch.

Brax and Heath were out at the crop, talking about who was ripping Brax off. “I don’t get it, I mean, I’m good with all the guys, right? I help them out when they want too, I….” Brax trailed as he looked up at his brother.

“Yeah” Heath answered “I don’t get it mate. But I mean nothing’s happened for a few months now, so maybe they’ve stopped”

“Nah” Brax shook his head “I’ve a feeling he’s lying low for a while before he goes and really screws me over”

“Yeah?” Heath said “What makes you say that?”

“Just a feeling I’ve got eh” Brax as he rubbed his forehead. “Anyways, c’mon let’s get this stuff packed away. Dean’s expecting us”

“Dean?” Heath questioned “What, you mean he’s giving you another chance after you stuffed up?”

“Brodie stuffed up” Brax said “And yes he is and it’s a lot of money, so, c’mon let’s get this done”

“How much?” Heath asked.

“Never you mind” Brax said “Let’s just get a move on. I’m not losing out again eh, especially when I’m about to get done over” Heath sighed lightly as he kept this head down. If he was going to be honest he was planning something to screw Brax over, but knew he had to be careful in choosing when he did it, and now because Brax was dating Charlie, he knew that they had to be even more careful. But he was sick of Brax playing boss and wanted to teach him a lesson. He sighed lightly as he continued to bag the marijuana, but little did they know, they were being watched.

Thanks everyone for the lovely comments. :D I hope you like this next one.

Chapter 35

Following their lunch at the Diner, the teens decided to go back to the bay. April and Dex had left to go back to Dexter’s house, leaving just Casey, Xavier and Ruby.

“So, do you want to go to the surf-club, play some pool or something?” Xavier questioned.

“Sure” Casey answered.

“Eh, I think I’ll just go home” Ruby said.

“Nah, its fine I’ll go home” Casey said as he looked at Ruby and Xavier, saddened.

“No, Case, honestly you two go play, I’m going to go home and look at these books anyways”

“No, its fine, I just remembered, I gotta go help Heath anyways” Casey said before he turned and walked away, not giving Ruby a chance to respond.

“So....did you want to go home, or…?” Xavier asked as he smiled at Ruby.

“We can go for one game” Ruby smiled before they walked along the road, and went into the surf club. One game had led to two, and now, they were about to begin their third. “So, you’ve not improved then” Ruby laughed as she began to set up the game.

“I guess not” Xavier laughed lightly at Ruby before he watched her break. “So” Xavier said tentatively. “You and Case, still not really getting on are you?”

Ruby sighed lightly “I dunno. I just….every time I see him I still feel angry. You know, I trusted him so much to be able to tell him that and he just spat it out as if it was nothing. I just I’m really hurt. And you know it’s not just me he hurt. Mum was pretty hurt too”

“So there’s no chance of you guys getting back together?” Xavier questioned.

“Part of me wants it, but it’s not going to happen. I can’t trust him anymore. And if you can’t have trust what have you got?” Ruby questioned.

“Eh yeah” Xavier shrugged his shoulders lightly. “I guess…not much. But, it does mean that your free to shop the market” Xavier smiled.

“Shop the market?” Ruby questioned.

“Yeah you know, look around, see’s who’s available”

“I know what you meant” Ruby laughed “It was just a funny way of saying it”

“Oh well I’m sorry” Xavier teased as he took a step closer to Ruby. He pair laughed before they looked up at each other, smiling.

“I should eh…..it’s eh your go” Ruby said as she looked away from Xavier and back at the pool table.

Angelo walked into the house, and over to Nicole who was giving George his lunch, or at least, trying too, but George was finding it more fun to put the food over himself, rather than eating it. “Georgie boy, what you doing?” Angelo cooed as he looked down at the boy, who was sitting in the high chair, his hand in the bowl of food, and most of the food over his face and himself. George replied by letting out a giggle.

“Driving Mamma crazy aren’t you baby” Nicole said and once again George laughed. “How did it go with Charlie?” Nicole asked as she looked up at Angelo.

Angelo sighed “Not so bad, I guess. She’s finished the baby’s room though” Angelo said sadly “Or Brax finished it”

“Sorry” Nicole said “But you know, the baby will need a room for when it starts to come here, so you’ve got that to decorate”

“I guess” Angelo sighed lightly. “If Charlie is going to let it come here”

“Well she has too. I mean you’re the father, you have the right to see your baby”

“I know” Angelo said “But, she doesn’t want the baby to be called Rosetta. I want my kid to have my name” Angelo said down on the chair as he sighed.

“So the baby could be called Buckton. Is it really that big a deal?” Nicole asked.

“To me it is. It’s important that the baby takes my name” Angelo replied.

“Why Angelo, look, it’s only a name. You love Georgie and you’d do anything for him, right?” Nicole questioned and Angelo nodded. “And he’s a Franklin”

“Yeah, but, it’s different with this baby. Biologically it’s mine so I feel it should take my name”

“Well I think you are making a big deal out of nothing” Nicole said as she put a spoonful of the food into George’s mouth. “All that matters is that your baby is healthy and yeah, the name shouldn’t matter, and once it’s here, I think you realise that”

“We’ll just have to wait and see about that then, won’t we” Angelo sighed “So, anyways, you’ll never guess what I happened to see on my way home”

“Oh, what’s that?” Nicole asked.

“Heath and Brax” Angelo started but was soon cut off by Nicole.

“Ah Angelo, I don’t want to know” Nicole sighed. She was sick of hearing Angelo’s constant rants about the Braxton’s being dodgy.

“No, you’ll want to know this” Angelo smiled “I saw Brax and Heath, bagging up marijuana. Finally, I’ve finally caught them”

“Okay, so what are you going to do?” Nicole said.

“I don’t know for now” Angelo shook his head. “But, when I know, you’ll know” Angelo said.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Nicole questioned “Angelo, just go to the cops, tell them what you saw, let them deal with it”

“Nah” Angelo shook his head. “Not just yet”

“Angelo” Nicole sighed.

“Trust me, Nic. I know what I’m doing” Angelo said and Nicole shook her head lightly.

“Right, do things your way, but just be careful, yeah” Nicole said and Angelo nodded.

“Course I will. You don’t need to worry about me” Angelo said before he leaned forward and planted a soft kiss on Nicole’s lips.

Ruby and Xavier walked along the road, making their way home. “So, do you want to come in for a bit, or…..” Ruby trailed off as she looked at Xavier.

“Sure” Xavier smiled “I mean it’s not far to get home” Xavier laughed as he and Ruby lived next door to each other.

“No” Ruby giggled as she opened the door and walked into the house, with Xavier following. “So, can I get you a drink?” Ruby asked and Xavier nodded, before they walked into the kitchen, and Ruby opened the fridge and pulled out two juice bottles.

“So, how’s your Mum doing?” Xavier asked “She’s almost due now is she not?”

“She has 5 more weeks” Ruby beamed, excited for the arrival of her little brother or sister. “But yeah, she’s doing well”

“You got everything sorted for the baby?” Xavier asked.

“Yeah” Ruby nodded “We just need the little one two arrive now”

“And how’s Angelo?” Xavier asked “Is he still involved or?”

“Unfortunately” Ruby nodded “But I guess he is the father. I just kinda wish he went off to the city with Nicole and George and stayed there….you know, not bothered to be a part of this baby’s life, but he is so….” Ruby trailed off.

“I’m sure he’ll be great for the baby, having both its parents around. It’s lucky” Xavier said. “My dad not been in my life for a long time, and we’ll you know what it’s like not to have a dad too, so you, know”

“When did you get so wise?” Ruby laughed “I guess you right. But at the same time, I’m sure Brax is going to be great with this kid, so he could have been the father”

“Well it’s going to be one lucky baby” Xavier smiled “It’s going to have more than enough parents to love it”

“Okay, really, who are you and what did you do with Xavier?” Ruby said Xavier laughed.

“I’m just wising up in my old age” Xavier grinned and Ruby laughed.

“Xav do you think that…” Ruby stopped talking as she shook her head. “No, never mind”

“What?” Xavier asked “Go on, you can ask me”

“Nah, it’s…I mean we’re in a good place right now and I don’t want too….” Ruby trailed off once more and Xavier nodded understandingly.

“Well, for what it’s worth, I like you too, and I would love to try again” Xavier said before smiling.

Ruby looked at Xavier and smiled. “Right, so we both want…..” Ruby trailed off as Xavier nodded. They took a step closer to each other and smiled before they kissed softy at first, but then it became more passionate. Ruby smiled as she pulled back from Xavier and looked into his eyes. “That was eh….nice”

“Yeah” Xavier agreed as he held Ruby close to him, the pair smiling at each other.

“Hey” Ruby and Xavier pulled apart as they heard the sound of Charlie’s voice.

“Hey Mum” Ruby smiled.

“Charlie” Xavier smiled.

“Oh hey Xav” Charlie smiled as she placed her shopping bags down on the table.

“Have you been buying more baby clothes?” Ruby asked as she looked through the bags.

“Well technically Bianca bought them” Charlie said and Ruby sighed.

“This baby is going to have enough clothes too…..I dunno….it’s not even going to be able to wear half of them cos it’s going to grow out of them before it’s has the chance to wear them all”

Xavier laughed “Well there’s nothing wrong with the kid being a little spoilt. I mean, you turned out okay, didn’t you?” Xavier laughed as he looked to Ruby. “And on that note, I’m going to leave” Xavier said. “I’ll call you later” Xavier smiled at Ruby. “Bye Charlie”

“Bye” Charlie smiled as Xavier left the house.

“So” Ruby said “What’s on tonight?” Ruby asked. Before Charlie had a chance to reply, her mobile went off, and she was excited to see that it was Brax. ’Hey babe, sorry probably won’t make it round tonight, stuff I got to sort at home. xx’. Charlie sighed lightly feeling disappointed.

“Eh nothing, why?” Charlie asked as she looked back up at Ruby.

“I dunno, thought maybe we could do something” Ruby said.

“Sure, whatever you want sweetie” Charlie smiled before she began to move the new clothes for the baby from the table and into the nursery.

Thank you so much everyone :D

Chapter 36

Heath and Brax were getting ready to out to the crop when Casey came home, not in the best of moods. “Alright Case” Heath smiled “How’s it going?”

“Shut up” Casey said as he walked passed them, trying to get to his bedroom.

“Hey hey” Brax said as he stopped Casey from walking any further. “What’s with the attitude?”

“Aww Ruby still knocking you back?” Heath asked “I’m telling you mate, you’re better off without her. As are you, by the way, I don’t know what you’re still doing with Buckton”

“Just because you’re not man enough to ask Bianca out” Casey said “You feel you got to make me and Brax feel like shi- ”

“Oi Case, we don’t swear eh” Brax interrupted “But I do agree with you about Bianca. You just don’t have it in ya” Brax lightly hit Heath’s cheek as she spoke.

“Shut up” Heath said as he pushed Brax’s hand away. “Now are we going or what?” Heath asked as he looked at Brax.

“Going where?” Casey asked.

“Never you mind” Brax said “You stay here”

“What no” Casey shouted “I’m sick of being treated like a kid. Whatever it is you are doing, I want to help”

“Okay, we’re…”

“No no” Brax interrupted Heath. “You’re not getting dragged into this. And while we are talking about this we done after this round”

“Eh no” Heath shook his head.

“Yes” Brax said “We’re going legit. Okay, we’ve got too much to lose now”

“Or you have. Playing happy families with that stupid cop and her kid” Heath sighed.

“Yeah? And what about Darcy? You needed to stop this a long time ago” Brax said.

“Yeah well I hardly get to see her” Heath sighed. “Besides, we are always careful, so I’m not stopping anything”

“Look” Casey said “I know about the drugs. I’ve been to the crop with Heath loads of times, so just -”

“You what?” Brax asked “What the hell you doing taking him there?”

“He wants to help. Let him be a true Braxton” Heath said.

“What you….I don’t get what you’d be doing there without me anyways…..unless…it’s been you?” Brax sighed “You’re the one who taking the crop the behind my back aren’t ya?”

“What” Heath raised his voice. “Don’t be ridiculous. I wouldn’t do that to you, would I?” Heath asked, hoping that Brax would believe him.

“Nah, I don’t think so. Sorry mate” Brax sighed as he lightly hit Heath arm. “But still what you been doing out there?”

“We’ve just been trying to find the guy eh” Heath lied, but to his surprise, Brax seemed to be buying it.

“Right” Brax nodded “Well I’m sorry, but that’s all you going to be doing mate. I don’t want you getting in trouble, so from now on, you’re not…..you’re not coming” Brax shook his head. “Heath” Brax said as he started to walk out of the house.

“Don’t worry mate, you can still help me” Heath said before he left house, leaving Casey standing alone.

Charlie sighed lightly as she threw the covers from herself and got out of bed. She walked through to the kitchen, and put the kettle on, and began making herself a cup of tea. It had been a couple of days since she’d seen Brax, his excuse always being that he was busy helping his Mum out, but Charlie was beginning to think that there was something wrong. She sighed lightly as she poured the hot water into her cup, before she reached for the sugar. She stirred in a spoonful, before she took a seat at the table, reaching out for a banana from the fruit bowl. “Morning” Ruby yawned as she walked into the kitchen and took a seat at the table, next to her mother.

“Morning” Charlie replied half-heartedly.

“What’s wrong?” Ruby asked.

“Nothing” Charlie said, shaking her head.

“Mmm hmm” Ruby sighed “Mum, c’mon you can talk to me, what is it?”

Charlie exhaled lightly as she looked at her daughter “Brax…” Charlie trailed off “I dunno, he just, you know, I haven’t seen him for a few days and he seems to be making excuse not to see me. I just…I dunno if I’ve done something wrong or….” Charlie trailed off.

“Okay” Ruby said “Maybe he’s just been busy”

“I dunno” Charlie shook her head “Maybe he’s…” Charlie trailed off as the doorbell rang and she sat there staring towards the door.

“Maybe you want to answer that?” Ruby said as she pointed to the door. Charlie sighed lightly as she got up from the table and made her way over to the door, which did take her longer these days, considering the size she’d became.

“Finally” Brax smiled as Charlie opened the door to find him standing at the other side. “I know it takes you longer to get places these days, but seriously” Brax laughed before he leaned forward and placed a soft kiss on Charlie’s lips.

“Brax” Charlie said, sounding surprised.

“You seem surprised to see me?” Brax said questioningly.

“Eh no, come in” Charlie smiled lightly as Brax waked into the house.

“Hey Brax” Ruby smiled before she got up and left the room, leaving Charlie and Brax alone.

“So” Brax said as he looked at Charlie. “Do you want to do something today?”

“Eh sure” Charlie smiled lightly.

“You don’t sound too convinced?” Brax laughed lightly.

“No, I want too, I just….can we talk?” Charlie asked and Brax nodded, feeling slightly confused. They walked over to the couch, and took a seat, and Charlie exhaled before she looked up at Brax. “Brax…I like you, okay, well no, I love you, I do, but…..” Charlie trailed off as she looked away from Brax.

“Charlie, you’re scaring me, what’s wrong?” Brax asked.

“I’d understand if you wanted out I mean I’m having Angelo’s baby and -”

“Whoa” Brax said “What’s brought this on? Babe, I’ve told you I’m totally cool with you having this baby. I love you so much okay, and the baby too” Brax smiled as he put his hand over Charlie’s stomach.

“Well you’ve just…you been away for a few days and we haven’t had any contact. I thought maybe…” Charlie trailed off as she looked down.

“Charlie” Brax shook his head “Don’t be silly, I was just busy. Mum got into some bother with debt. We were just sorting stuff out” Brax said.

“Oh” Charlie said “Is she out of trouble now?” Charlie said and Brax nodded. He hated lying to Charlie, but there was no way that she would still be with him if she knew the truth and he meant what he said when he was going legit after this was crop was gone. “So, it really isn’t anything to do with the baby or me, or us….I mean we’re okay?”

“Charlie of course we’re okay” Brax smiled “We’re more than okay, we’re….” Brax trailed off as he leaned forward and placed a kiss on her lips. Charlie smiled before she responded and let the kiss become more passionate.

“Mmm” Charlie moaned as she pulled back from the kiss, and looked into Brax’s eyes. “Move in with me” Charlie said.

“What?” Brax questioned feeling taken aback by Charlie’s request.

“Well why not?” Charlie said “I mean we’re in love, and you’re here most of the time anyways, and….” Charlie trailed off as she saw a smile forming on Brax’s face.

“I’d love to” Brax smiled before he pulled her into another kiss.

Brax had left the house, to start packing his stuff, when Ruby appeared back into the living room, having been for a shower, and got herself ready for the day. “Brax didn’t stay long, is everything okay?” Ruby asked feeling concerned as she took a seat on the couch next to Charlie.

“I don’t know” Charlie shook her head “I think I might have just made a mistake”

“What?” Ruby questioned “Charlie what’s happened?”

“I eh…I asked Brax to move in with me” Charlie said as she looked back at Ruby.

“What” Ruby screamed in excitement “What did he say?”

“Yes” Charlie answered.

“So why do you look so down?” Ruby questioned “That’s a good – no – it’s great”

“So it’s not too fast?” Charlie asked.

“Does it feel right?” Ruby said, avoiding Charlie’s question. Charlie nodded as she smiled at her daughter.

“It feels so right” Charlie beamed.

“Well then it’s not fast” Ruby shook her head “Aww I’m really excited” Ruby said as she gave her mother a hug. “When is he moving in?”

“Eh he’s gone home to get his stuff” Charlie said and Ruby let out a scream, startling Charlie.

“We need to have a welcome to the house party” Ruby said as she leaned forward and picked up the paper and pen from the coffee table.

“What” Charlie laughed lightly.

“Well we need to make sure he knows that I’m cool with this, so a party is definitely in order. And well, it’s a party, so….”

“Do we really need a party Rubes?” Charlie questioned “I mean, I’m pretty pregnant and -”

“Oh will you stop using that as an excuse” Ruby sighed “You’re pregnant, you’re not dying”

“Well if we call it a small get together….you know, not that many people” Charlie said and Ruby rolled her eyes, before agreeing.

“Okay, we’ll have a small get together” Ruby said.

“I just, maybe I should have spoken to Angelo about this first” Charlie sighed.

“Angelo?” Ruby questioned “Why the hell would you talk to him?”

“Well you know how he feels about Brax” Charlie replied. “I just don’t want him finding out from someone else, or you know hearing about this get together and -”

“And do I look like I care what Angelo thinks?” Ruby retorted “Mum, you’re happy, you’re in love, and you’re going to move in with your boyfriend. Just let yourself live….don’t worry about Angelo and what he thinks. Just let yourself be happy”

“Yeah, your right” Charlie smiled.

“Now you go start making room in your wardrobe for Brax and I’ll finish planning this party” Ruby said as she gave Charlie a smile. “I mean small get together” Ruby added quickly as she was given a glare from Charlie.

Thank you RR1, Shezza, once_upon_a_mind, Aden_Belle and soph1303 for the lovely comments :wub: Hope you like this next one.

Chatper 37

Charlie and Brax were lying in bed together, Brax lightly rubbing Charlie’s stomach. “Mmm I love waking up with you every morning” Brax smiled before he placed a kiss on Charlie’s forehead. They lived together for 3 days now, and although she knew she had too, she still hadn’t talked to Angelo about it. Considering that the get together was in a couple of day’s time, she knew she had to tell sooner rather than later as she’d hate for him to find out from someone else. “I wish I could lie here all day with you, but I gotta go to work. Some of us actually work for a living eh” Brax teased.

“Oi” Charlie lightly hit Brax’s chest. “You know I’d love to still be working, but this just kinda gets in the way” Charlie said as they looked down to her stomach. Brax smiled lightly. If he was going to be honest, he was glad Charlie wasn’t working right now. Just in case their luck was about to run out and they were about to be caught, he’d hate for Charlie to be one of arresting officers. Although, if he was being honest he knew their relationship would probably be over if they got found out, so that’s why he was about to turn legit, he just had a few more deals he wanted to sort, then he was finished with the drugs, and the boys. Charlie, Ruby and the baby were going to be his life now, and he couldn’t be happier at the prospect of it.

“So would you say that you’d rather not be pregnant and still working?” Brax asked.

“Of course not” Charlie said “But you know, I just…I love my job”

“Yeah well pretty soon you’ll be loving this one that much that you won’t want to go back” Brax said.

“Maybe” Charlie smiled as she lightly ran her hand over her stomach. “I can’t believe that in one month’s time this one will be here”

“I know its gone fast eh” Brax smiled. “How did the chat with Angelo last week? You decided on a name yet?”

“For a girl, yes” Charlie smiled “It’s going to be Mollie. But a boy nope”

“Mollie’s pretty cute” Brax smiled.

“Yeah, we’ll hopefully it’s a girl because we aint got anything for a boy”

“Well, you see you’ve just got to plan these things” Brax said.

“What?” Charlie questioned.

“Well, you see, I have my kids names all picked out” Brax grinned.

“Really, you know what you want to call your kids?” Charlie questioned and Brax nodded.

“I want two kids. Riley and Taylor” Brax smiled “I don’t mind on the genders, and with those names, they’ll work for either, so” Brax said before giving Charlie a grin. Charlie smiled lightly at Brax.

“Riley is nice”

“Do you want it? You can use it for this one, if you want?” Brax asked.

“I prefer it for a girl, and Angelo and I agreed on Mollie, so thanks, but, no, you keep it” Charlie said.

“Okay, well, there’s always Angelo Junior” Brax laughed “AJ for short”

“I hope you’re kidding” Charlie said.

“Nah, I’m being serious” Brax said before he laughed “Nah, I can’t even joke about it”

“I think on that note, you should leave for work” Charlie said as she lightly hit Brax’s chest.

“Mmm no” Brax shook his head “I don’t want too. But speaking of Angelo, have you told him that we live together yet?”

“No” Charlie shook her head lightly “But he is coming in this afternoon so I guess I’ll let him know then”

“What’s he coming in for?” Brax asked.

“I have a doctor’s appointment” Charlie answered.

“Didn’t you have a couple of weeks ago?” Brax asked, confused.

“Yeah” Charlie nodded “I get them every 2nd week now”

“Really? You need to go that much?” Brax questioned.

“I guess you do” Charlie nodded “I mean I’m getting close to my due date, and there’s test and stuff they gotta do”

“Oh okay, well I would have offered to come, but if Angelo is going to be there it’s probably best I stay away” Brax said softy and Charlie agreed.

“Sadly, I probably think it’s for the best” Charlie said as she sighed.

“Well maybe I could come to your lamaze class tonight?” Brax questioned.

“Well you could, but Angelo is going to be there too” Charlie said.

“Oh” Brax sighed as he looked away.

“I’m sorry I know it’s hard for you. You’re not the father but you care and it’s hard trying to keep Angelo happy. I want to thank you for being the better person”

Brax smiled lightly as he looked back up at Charlie. “It’s just….the lamaze is the only thing that’s always just been me and you and now Angelo is finally showing up for one….I know he has every right to be there but I’m just a bit…” Brax trailed off as he once again looked away.

“I know, and I’m sorry, but you know, you’re the only one who I love and want to do this too” Charlie smiled as she leaned forward and placed a soft kiss on Brax’s lips. Brax smiled before he kissed Charlie once more, before the kiss become more passionate.

“Mmm, you need to go to work” Charlie said as she pulled back, looking up at Brax with a big grin on her face.

“Okay, but I need a shower first and eh I think you do too” Brax said before he let out small laugh. Charlie laughed lightly before she got out of bed and started to make her across the room to the door.

“Where you going?” Brax asked.

“I’m going for a shower” Charlie smiled “So, if you’re coming……” Brax smiled lightly before he jumped out of the bed and followed Charlie along to the bathroom.

Charlie was sitting waiting at the hospital. Angelo was already 10 minutes late, and Charlie was now keeping Sid behind, insisting that he waited on him. “Sorry just 5 more minutes. He’ll be here” Charlie said as she once again looked down to her phone and went to ring Angelo once more, but once again, it rang to voicemail.

“Charlie I’m going to have to either take you in now or you’ll have to pass up on your appointment. I have other people to see” Sid said.

“Well can’t you take the next person now and then I’ll take their time” Charlie said and Sid sighed lightly.

“I’m here…I’m sorry I’m late, but I’m here” Angelo yelled as he ran down the corridor towards Charlie and Sid.

“God Angelo it’s a hospital appointment you can’t just roll up whenever you feel like it” Charlie spat.

“I said I’m sorry” Angelo said “Georgie didn’t want to stay with the babysitter, so I had to settle him”

“What about his Mother, where is she?” Charlie asked.

“She was at an open day at a university” Angelo answered.

“Okay guys can we just go, we don’t really have the time to stand here arguing” Sid said as he pointed into the room. Charlie and Angelo both walked forward and stepped into the room, ready for the appointment. Charlie got herself comfortable on the bed and Angelo stood closer to her, resting his hand on her shoulder.

“Okay, so” Sid said as he squeezed the gel onto Charlie’s stomach. “Let’s see what this little one is up to today….yeah, looking good, everything’s looking perfect” Sid smiled as he looked back up at Charlie.

“So, there’s no illnesses?” Angelo questioned “There’s no signs of down’s or anything?”

“No no we’ve done all those tests already and everything came back clear” Sid said and Angelo smiled. “So, there’s not that much longer to go now, are you getting nervous?”

“No. I mean I think I would have if I didn’t have Georgie, but having been through everything with him already I don’t feel like I have anything to worry about” Angelo answered and Sid laughed lightly.

“That’s great but I was actually talking to Charlie” Sid said “How are you feeling about the birth?”

“I’m nervous” Charlie admitted “But, you know, I’ve been going to lamaze classes and I’ve been reading the books. I think I’ll be okay”

“Well I’m sure you’ll be fine” Sid said.

“I was meaning to ask you, would I be able to have a vaginal delivery giving my previous C-section, or am I better to have another C-section?”

“Well some Doctors would advise you to have another C-section, but I think given the length of time between your children, I don’t see why we can’t give it a try and if it comes to it, we can always go to a C-section”

“Okay that’s great” Charlie smiled.

“So, the Group B strep test also came back clear” Sid smiled as he looked at the Charlie’s notes. “So, overall it’s a very healthy pregnancy, but it seems this little one is very comfy in the position in which they are lying, because you’re still breech right now”

“Should it have turned by now?” Angelo questioned.

“Yes, most probably. But this one could just be leaving it to the last minute” Sid said.

“But I can still have a natural delivery?” Charlie questioned.

“Yes” Sid nodded “Granted it will be harder but if you still want to go for that then its fine”

“I’m not sure” Angelo shook his head “Isn’t it best to get a C-section if your breech? For the baby and for the Mother”

“If Charlie wants to have a natural birth, then it’s her choice” Sid said as he avoided answering Angelo’s questions.

“That’s not what I asked you” Angelo said “Is it safer to get a C-section?”

“Angelo, there are risks with any pregnancy, breech or not” Sid answered “We can guarantee you that Charlie and the baby will be safe in our care, but as the Mother, Charlie gets her say in how she wants to deliver this child. If I thought for one second that they were in any sort of danger then I would have her get a C-section. You don’t have anything to worry about”

“Hmm” Angelo sighed lightly, unsure of Sid’s response.

“So” Sid said “I think that’s everything there is so unless you have any questions, then you are free to go” Sid smiled as Charlie wiped the excess gel from her stomach, before she sat up in the bed.

“Eh no, I think you covered everything” Charlie smiled “Thank you”

“That’s okay” Sid smiled as he walked Charlie and Angelo out of the room and into the corridor.

“So” Angelo said as they made their way out of the hospital. “Are you busy or?”

“Eh no, I don’t have any plans, why?” Charlie asked.

“I wanted to talk to you about something. I thought maybe we could grab some lunch” Angelo said and Charlie bit her lip, before she nodded lightly.

“Eh sure” Charlie smiled lightly. Although she’d rather not be having lunch with Angelo, she also wanted to talk to him about Brax living with her, and this would give them a chance to do so.

“Okay, so the Diner or Angelo’s?” Angelo asked “If it’s still called that” Angelo laughed.

“Yeah it’s still called Angelo’s” Charlie answered “But we’ll go to the Diner” Charlie said. Charlie thought going to Angelo’s would be a bad idea, considering Brax would be there, and Charlie was about to tell Angelo that they lived together.

“Great” Angelo smiled. “I’ll see you there then” Angelo said before he got into his car and drove in the direct of the diner. Charlie sighed lightly as she too got into her car and tried to brace herself for telling Angelo about Brax living with her.

Thank you Arielxo, RR1, Aden_Belle, Cally, pembie and cb2180 for the comments. :wub: I hope you like this next one.

Chapter 38

Charlie and Angelo walked into the Diner, and over to a free table, ready to get their lunch. “Well there’s nothing I like more to see than you two still able to get along. Especially after what you did to poor Charlie” Colleen squawked as she walked over to the table. “Unless this means” Colleen said, getting excited “Are you two reconciling. Now that would be lovely. Especially for this little one” Colleen smiled as she pointed to Charlie’s stomach.

“No” Charlie shook her head “We’re just having lunch together, that’s all”

“Oh that’s a shame” Colleen sighed “I always thought that you two made a lovely couple”

“Yeah, well things change” Angelo said “Charlie and I are going to raise this baby together but as friends. We’ve both moved on”

“Well if you ask me you two should be getting married. You got her pregnant you should be with her” Colleen said angrily.

“I’m sorry Colleen” Angelo shook his head.

“Hmm you really hurt her. She practically my family” Colleen squawked as she looked to Charlie.

“Can you just take our order please” Angelo said and Colleen sighed lightly before nodding.

“Very well. What can I get you?” Colleen asked.

“I’ll have the double cheese burger and a coke” Angelo said and Colleen wrote the order down before looking at Charlie.

“And for you?”

“Eh the chilli chicken wrap and a water please Colleen” Charlie smiled. Colleen wrote down the order before she walked off to the kitchen.

“See I’m still popular here” Angelo laughed.

“You know not to take Colleen too seriously” Charlie said and Angelo agreed.

“Yea, anyway, Charlie, I eh…” Angelo trailed off as he took a deep breath. “Nicole and I, we’re getting married” Charlie sat there feeling pretty shocked at what Angelo had just said.

“Wow ehm well congratulations” Charlie smiled, although it was forced. Although Charlie had moved on, and was happier than ever with Brax, she was still shocked to hear that Angelo and Nicole were talking the next step in their relationship so soon.

“You’re alright with this aren’t you?” Angelo questioned, sensing something was wrong.

“Yeah I mean, I can’t tell you not to get married” Charlie said “I mean you’re allowed too, it’s not up to me. And Nicole’s…..well honestly I think she’s a home wrecking slut, but that’s beside the point. If marrying her is going to make you happy then yeah it’s what you have to do”

“Are you sure? You don’t seem too happy to hear it” Angelo asked.

“Well would you?” Charlie questioned “Reverse the situation. I’m marrying Brax less than a year after I left you for him. How do you feel?”

“I don’t know” Angelo shrugged his shoulders. “I guess a bit mad, but Charlie it’s not as if we are going to get married tomorrow. We’ve just got engaged”

“Okay” Charlie forced a smiled “Eh there’s actually something I want to talk to you about as well. Brax and I, he moved in”

“What?” Angelo raised his voice, causing a few customers to look his way.

“Angelo” Charlie said “Will you keep your voice down”

Angelo sighed lightly “Charlie, last week I….” Angelo trailed off as he shook his head. “You’re really happy with this guy aren’t you?” Angelo asked and Charlie nodded. Sighing lightly he gently rubbed his forehead. He wasn’t quite sure what he was going to do with Brax yet. He’d only seen them there the once, and knew he would need to get more before he told anyone about it. “Well looks like we’re are both moving on with our lives” Angelo smiled lightly. “All in good time for this little one to arrive” Angelo smiled. Charlie smiled lightly taken aback at Angelo’s sudden change in tune about Brax.

“So, you’ve given up on saying he’s dodgy then?” Charlie asked.

“For now” Angelo said. Angelo had chosen not to mention what he’d seen the week before hand to Charlie. He wasn’t even sure if she’d believe him and given that he had no proof, he knew he’d need to wait till he had something bigger, or at least was able to prove what he’d seen. “But Charlie” Angelo sighed lightly “Just….be careful”

“Sure” Charlie exhaled lightly as Colleen brought them over their drinks. “Thanks Colleen” Charlie smiled as she looked up at her.

“You’re very welcome Sergeant Buckton” Colleen said.

“You know I’m not actually working at the moment, you can just call me Charlie” Charlie said and Colleen shook her head.

“Oh no. You’ll always be the Sergeant” Colleen said and Charlie laughed lightly. “So have you thought of any names for the little one yet?” Colleen asked.

“Eh, we have Mollie for a girl, but we don’t have anything for a boy yet” Angelo answered.

“Well I’ve always been a fan of Albert if you’d like to use that name I’d be more than happy”

“Thank you Colleen, we’ll keep that in mind” Charlie said trying to hold back the laughter. Colleen smiled before she went off to the kitchen, to check on their food.

“Little Albert Rosetta, I can see it now” Angelo laughed “We can call him Albie”

“Yeah, I think I’ll pass on that one” Charlie said and Angelo laughed.

“So, anyways, how does this class work tonight?” Angelo asked before taking a drink of his coke.

“Well they teach me breathing techniques; show us how to care for the baby, you know, that kinda stuff”

“Right” Angelo sighed lightly “Sounds a bit…..unnecessary to me”

“Then you don’t have to come” Charlie retorted. “Brax is more than happy to go with me”

“Brax has been going?” Angelo questioned.

“Well I haven’t been going myself” Charlie spat.

“No, I’ll be there then” Angelo replied.

“What just because you don’t want Brax going? Because he is still going to be there” Charlie said and Angelo sighed heavily.

“I’ll be there” Angelo said just a Colleen brought their lunch over. Charlie exhaled lightly before she made a start to eating her lunch.

Ruby and Xavier were in the living room at Ruby’s place. “So, you coming to this party on Friday night?” Ruby asked.

“Sure” Xavier smiled “I am coming as your friend or……” Xavier trailed off as he placed a kiss on Ruby’s lips.

“You know what you are” Ruby smiled “Boyfriend” Ruby said before she placed a kiss on his lips.

“So we’ve been together for a week, are we going to tell people or?” Xavier asked as he once again went to kiss Ruby, but she pulled her head away.

“Sure, we can tell them after the party. But don’t let Mum here us calling it that. According to her it’s a ‘small get together’” Ruby laughed.

“So who is all coming?” Xavier asked.

“Well there will be Me, Mum, Brax, You, Heath, Leah, Miles, Bianca, Irene, Colleen, Roo, Alf, April, Dex,…..eh Casey” Ruby said the last name quickly as she looked away.

“Casey is going to be here?” Xavier questioned.

“Well he is Brax’s brother” Ruby sighed “But I’ll be with you anyway, so it’s doesn’t really matter”

“No, I guess not” Xavier exhaled lightly. “I mean if me and April can still be friends I am sure you and Casey can too”

“Hmm well I’m not sure I’d use friends just yet” Ruby sighed as she heard the door bell ringing.

“Ignore it” Xavier said as he kissed Ruby once more.

“Mmm no” Ruby said as she pulled back. “I need to get it” Ruby stood up from the couch and went to open the door. She was slightly surprised to see Casey standing at the other side. “Casey” Ruby said, and immediately Xavier found himself jumping from the couch and over to the door, standing behind Ruby.

“Case” Xavier said as he placed his hand on Ruby’s shoulder.

Casey sighed lightly before he looked back to Ruby. “Rubes, can we talk please. In private” Casey added as he looked back up at Xavier.

“Whatever you want to say you can say with me listening” Xavier said as he raised his voice.

“Ruby please. It’s important” Casey said. Ruby sighed lightly as she looked from Casey, around to Xavier and then back to Casey again.

“Okay” Ruby nodded before looking up to Xavier. “Can you just give us 5 minutes” Xavier shook his head lightly before he left the house, leaving Casey and Ruby alone. “So, I guess you can come in” Ruby said and Casey smiled lightly as he walked into the house, and took a seat on the couch. “So, what is it?” Ruby asked.

Casey took a deep breath before he spoke “Okay, so Heath’s been, well he’s been dealing drugs” Casey stopped talking as he looked up at Ruby, bracing himself for her reaction.

“What” Ruby shouted “But what does this have to do with me? I don’t get it? What does…” Ruby trailed off as she looked up at him, confused.

“I don’t want him getting in trouble, but he’s been dealing with a really dodgy guy. Hammer, he’s really…..we’ll he’s trouble and I want to help him” Casey said.

“Okay but what does this have to do with me?” Ruby questioned.

“I took all the drugs” Casey admitted “The dope, I took it all” Casey pointed to the backpack that he’d brought with him before looking back at Ruby. “Anyway, I just need a few days to figure out what I’m going to do with it, and I was hoping that you’d help me”

“You want my help?” Ruby said “Casey, we’re not together anymore. Okay, we’re not…..my Mum’s a cop, she’s….I can’t help you”

“Please Ruby” Casey sighed “I just, I don’t want my brothers going to jail. I just…..it’ll be a few days max”

“No” Ruby shook her head “Why can’t you ask Brax to help you? Or better yet, take the drugs to the police station and let Heath face his punishment”

“Brax will be mad if he finds out what I’ve done” Casey replied “He didn’t want me involved”

“What do you mean he didn’t want……is Brax involved?” Ruby questioned and Casey nodded.

“Yes” Casey answered “And Ruby, he loves Charlie so much and he’s changing. He said this was the last lot and then he was going legit. He changed so much since he’s met Charlie. She’s made him a better person and I’d hate to see him go to jail now because of this. Not to mention it would devastate your Mum”

“But…..” Ruby trailed off. “I can’t believe this. He’s been lying all this time, he’s a drug dealer, he’s…..”

“Ruby please” Casey pleaded. “Think about your Mum. Do this for her”

“Casey I…..” Ruby trailed off, unsure of what to do. Of course she knew that what Brax had been doing was wrong, but she’d hate to see her Mum going through more heartbreak. “You don’t think that you hiding these drugs will make this worse?”

“I dunno” Casey shook his head “But what I do know is that this, it’s all going to stop now, please Ruby, just a few days, then I’ll take it from you again. Please, Rubes you’re the only one I trust”

Ruby sighed lightly, knowing that she’d probably come to regret this decision. “Two days” Ruby said “Then no matter what you’re taking it back”

“Thank you” Casey smiled as he moved forward to hug her, but Ruby moved back, shaking her head.

“Just go” Ruby said. Casey sighed feeling disappointed that Ruby wouldn’t even hug him. He stood up from the couch and made his way to the front door, before leaving the house. Ruby closed the door before she sighed lightly. What had she just agreed too?

Thanks everyone :D

Chapter 39

It was now time for the lamaze class, and Charlie had told Brax and Angelo that she would meet them there. Brax arrived first and eagerly awaited Charlie to show up before Angelo, so that he didn’t have to be alone with him, but unluckily for him, it was Angelo who showed up next. “Angelo” Brax said trying to sound as friendly as he could.

“Brax” Angelo said also Brax to sound friendly, but coming across more angry than Brax did. “Charlie here?”

“Nah not yet eh” Brax replied as he rubbed his forehead.

“You know where she is?” Angelo asked and Brax shrugged his shoulders.

“I think she was popping in to see Bianca before she came here” Brax said and Angelo nodded before looking down at his watch.

“Well she has 5 minutes” Angelo said before he took a seat next to Brax. For the next 5 minutes Angelo and Brax sat in silence. Angelo thinking about what he knew about Brax, but he knew this wasn’t the time or the place to start asking questions. He needed to tread carefully.

“Okay, if everyone wants to come inside” The voice said as the door opened and a small middle aged woman walked out into the corridor. Angelo and Brax looked around at each other before they stood up and followed the rest of the class into the room.

“Eh we don’t have a pregnant lady yet” Brax said as he looked to the woman, whose name was Kate.

“I’m sorry?” Kate asked as she walked over to the two men.

“Charlie, she’s not here yet” Brax said.

“Oh” Kate said “We’ll maybe you and you’re friend here can do a little role-play until she arrives” Kate said as she looked from Brax to Angelo. Brax and Angelo both laughed lightly before they looked at each other and both started to shake their heads.

“No no” Angelo said “This is stupid enough as it is. I’m not taking part”

“It’s not stupid” Brax argued “It helps the woman in birthing and gives her all these techniques and stuff”

“Well it’s a load of rubbish if you ask me” Angelo said.

“If you think it’s a load of rubbish then why are you here?” Kate asked.

“I wanted to be here for Charlie because I know it’s important to her” Angelo answered.

“I’ve never seen you here before. And to be honest I think Charlie’s partner is probably more needed here than you” Kate said “Whoever you are”

“I’m the father” Angelo spat “So, in all honesty, I think I should be here over him” Angelo pointed to Brax as he spoke.

“Oh” Kate said as she looked from Angelo to Brax. She’d just assumed that Brax was the father, given that he was always the one here with Charlie, and it was the first she’d seen of Angelo. “Okay, well in my class there is no observing so I need one of you to be the woman, so c’mon” Kate said and they both laughed once more.

“No way” Angelo shook his head.

“Well if you ask me, it’s a simple case of who’s more like a woman, so” Brax trailed off before he gave Angelo a grin. “C’mon love, down on the floor”

“No chance” Angelo said “We’ll do rock, paper, scissors”

“Fair enough” Brax sighed. “Ready?” Brax said “one….two….three….yes” Brax said “C’mon love, down on the floor” Brax laughed as he put his hand on Angelo’s shoulder. Angelo cursed under his breath before he sat down.

“Great now you two are ready I can begin” Kate said as she made her way up to the front of the room.

Charlie walked into the house to find Ruby sitting watching the TV. “Hey” Charlie smiled as she joined her daughter on the couch. Ruby looked to Charlie, confused.

“What are you doing here?” Ruby asked.

“Lovely to see you too” Charlie replied.

“No I mean, isn’t it time for your lamaze class?” Ruby questioned.

“Oh that” Charlie smiled slyly. “I’m not going to this one”

“Evidently” Ruby said “But why? I mean haven’t you sent Brax and Angelo there?”

“Yes” Charlie nodded “But I thought that those two should have some male bonding” Charlie answered “And this seemed the perfect opportunity”

“Charlie, they’re going to kill each other” Ruby laughed.

“That or they could actually learn to get on” Charlie said hopefully.

“Yeah, in what world?” Ruby questioned “I’m sorry to say this Mum, but those two and getting along doesn’t go in the same sentence. Ever”

“Well, we’ll see” Charlie said, full of hope that one day Angelo and Brax would be able to get along.

“Mum” Ruby said tentatively “Do you….do you love Brax?”

“What’s brought this on?” Charlie asked.

“Just answer the question” Ruby said.

“Well, yeah. I do. I really do” Charlie said “I’m hardly going to have the guy living with me if I didn’t love him” Charlie said and Ruby nodded.

“Do you know him?” Ruby said “Like, I mean, do you really know him?”

“Well pretty well I think” Charlie answered, feeling confused at Ruby’s questions. “Rubes, where are these coming from? Is there something you need to tell me?”

“I…I….” Ruby trailed off. “I just don’t want to see you hurt again. You know, you’ve had a lot of hurt and I just…I wanted something to go right for you” Charlie pulled a face at the use of Ruby’s tense.

“What do you mean you wanted?” Charlie asked. “What’s happened? Rubes, is there something I need to know?”

“No” Ruby shook her head. “I just, you promise me that you’ll be careful and if you suspect anything dodgy then you’ll break up with him”

“Ruby” Charlie sighed “Sweetie, of course I will”

“You’ve the baby coming soon and all this Charlie; I don’t know what to do” Ruby said as a tear rolled down her cheek.

“Hey, hey” Charlie said softly as she pulled Ruby into a hug. “It’s alright. Sweetie, you’re scaring me. You don’t know what to do about what? Hey, what’s got you into this state?”

“Like I said” Ruby sniffed back more tears. “I just want to make sure you’re okay”

“I’m fine” Charlie said “You don’t need to worry about me, okay” Charlie said as she placed a soft kiss on top of Ruby’s head.

“Okay” Kate said "So today we’ll start with the breathing technique’s that we touched on last week. So ladies, I want sitting down on the floor, whichever way is comfiest for you, and gentlemen, I’d like you siting behind you’re partner” Kate said. Angelo sighed lightly as he muttered something under his breath.

“C’mon Angie” Brax laughed “It’s best you know what to do anyways, just in case”

“What do you mean just in case?” Angelo questioned. “I’m going to be at the birth”

“Might want to consult Charlie on her birthing plan eh” Brax said.

“Why?” Angelo questioned “I’m the father, I should be in room”

“You gotta stop saying that man” Brax sighed “It’s Charlie’s choice who she wants there and if I recall correctly, you aint one of them”

“Are you -”

“You two, a little quiet would be nice” Kate shouted at she looked to Angelo and Brax.

“Sorry” Brax said as once again, Angelo mumbled something under his breath.

“So, let’s start with gentle breathing exercises breath in…..and breath out” Kate said.

“She means you” Brax said as he hit Angelo’s arm. Angelo sighed before he took a deep breath in before releasing it.

“And in…….and out” Kate said as she walked around the room, watching as they couple’s did this.

“So what do you mean, she doesn’t want me there?” Angelo asked between the breathing.

“I don’t know eh” Brax said “I don’t think she know what she wants yet” Brax said as he caught a glimpse of Kate walking towards them. “4…5….6….” Brax said, pretending he was counting as Angelo breathed in once more.

“Very good” Kate smiled as she looked to Brax and Angelo. Brax flashed her a smile back as she walked on.

“So let me get this straight. Charlie, who is having my baby, might not want me in the room with her?” Angelo questioned as Kate got out of site.

“Yeah” Brax answered “But Angelo I mean don’t get me wrong, I think the father should be there but at the same time, Charlie is the one who has to do this and it’s her choice who she was to help her”

“You mean you” Angelo said angrily.

“Okay” Kate said “If you two aren’t going to take this seriously, maybe you should just wait outside till Charlie arrives”

“With pleasure” Angelo said as he stood up from the floor and walked out of the room. Brax apologised before he took got up and followed Angelo out.

“Look mate I don’t…”

“Don’t you mate me” Angelo spat.

“I’m sorry I dunno what Charlie wants yet” Brax said “She might want you there, you never know”

“No, I know” Angelo sighed “She doesn’t. She probably doesn’t even want me to be involved. Not now she has you. She doesn’t need me”

“Angelo that’s not true” Brax said shaking his head.

“It is” Angelo sighed “She’d rather you were the father and she didn’t have to deal with me. That’s obvious”

“Well maybe if you stopped being such a pain in the arse and actually listened to Charlie she’d want you around more” Brax suggested.

“I don’t need you to tell me what to do” Angelo retorted “Especially when I know the truth about you”

“Ah he we go with this again” Brax sighed “When are you going to let this go?”

“When you’re in jail. Where you belong” Angelo said. Brax shook his head lightly and was about to reply when Angelo spoke once more. “You’ve got till the baby arrives to tell Charlie what you really are” Angelo said in a threating tone.

“Yeah and what really am I?” Brax asked.

“A drug dealing thug” Angelo spat “I saw you and Heath, out by Morten’s Highway the other week. I saw you with the dope”

“That’s some imagination you’ve got there” Brax laughed.

“You and I both know it was real” Angelo said. “I mean it, until the baby arrives” Angelo said before he turned and walked away. Brax sighed lightly as he held his head in his hands. What was he going to do now?

Thank you all so much. :wub: I hope you like this next one..... :unsure:

Chapter 40

Brax walked into the house to find Ruby sitting at the table, looking at the university application. “Hey, Rubes, where’s your Mum?”

“She’s in the bath” Ruby answered as she kept her gaze on form.

“Right” Brax said before the sat down on the couch, looking deflated.

“You alight?” Ruby asked as she looked up at him.

“Yeah, just…..Angelo” Brax sighed lightly.

“So you didn’t learn to get on then” Ruby asked as she stood up from the table and walked over to the couch.

“Was that why she didn’t show up” Brax laughed and Ruby nodded.

“Yeah” Ruby said “She just wants you to get along. She hates this whole thing you two have going on and wants it to stop”

“If only it was that simple” Brax muttered.

“Sorry?” Ruby said.

“Oh nothing” Brax said.

“No Brax, what is it?” Ruby questioned. “This have something to do with Angelo saying your dodgy?”

“What, no, it…..” Brax trailed off as he looked down.

“Oh My God. It’s true” Ruby raised her voice before she covered her mouth with her hand.

“What no, Ruby -” Brax started but was cut off by Ruby.

“No, Brax” Ruby said “I know it’s true. Casey brought round a bag of dope earlier. I was hoping he was wrong and it was just Heath involved but you are. It’s true”

“Whoa Ruby what you talking about? What’s Casey done?”

“He doesn’t want you getting in trouble” Ruby answered “Said you had this crop and that Heath had been doing deals with Spanner or something like that and that -”

“Hammer?” Brax questioned.

“Yeah, Hammer” Ruby nodded.

“Ruby” Brax said as he ran his hand through his hair. “I need you to…where’s this dope now?”

“I’ve hidden it” Ruby said “I’ve gave him two days to sort it out or -”

“Nah, Rubes, you gotta give it to me now” Brax said.

“No” Ruby raised her voice. “You listen to me. I’ll tell you how it’s going to work” Ruby said and Brax said there, taken aback slightly at Ruby’s authority. “Now, I know that you love Mum. I know that you are a decent guy; you’ve just made a bad choice. I’m not going to tell anyone about this. But, you’ll get rid of the drugs, you’ll go legit, you’re start being honest” Ruby stopped talking as she looked to Brax.

“Ruby, I wish it was that simple” Brax sighed.

“You’ll do it. Or I go straight to the cops” Ruby said “No matter how much it’ll devastate Mum; I can’t let her continue this with a….a….drug dealer”

“Ruby, I’m going legit, okay I’ve been trying ever since I got with your Mum, but this guy, Rubes, Hammer, we can’t just forget about it now. I need to sort this with him, then, I promise you Ruby. I’ll be legit”

“No” Ruby shook her head. “Destroy the drugs and we’ll carry on like normal like nothing happened. Try to do anything else and I’ll tell Mum everything”

“Ruby, I can’t” Brax said “You have to trust me. Hammer Pirovic, he’s bad, okay he’s a really bad guy. You have to let me do this, okay, one more deal”

“And you swear that after that it’s over?” Ruby asked and Brax nodded.

“I swear Rubes” Brax nodded as he looked at Ruby, pleading with her to let him take the drugs back and sort out Hammer.

“Okay” Ruby nodded “At the weekend. After this party”

“There’s another problem” Brax said “Angelo….he saw me and Heath, last week, out by the crop”

“Well you’ll have to deal with that” Ruby said “And I’m only doing this because I love Mum and she’ll be devastated if this got out, you hear me?”

“Yeah” Brax nodded “But he’s also given me this ultimatum see”

“What’s he said?” Ruby asked.

“I need to tell Charlie the truth before the baby is born” Brax said “Or I guess, he will”

“Well the baby isn’t due for another 4 weeks so you still have time to think of something” Ruby said before she stood up from the couch and left the room. Brax sighed lightly as he buried his head in his hands. The perfect life he had happened to fall into was about to fall apart. Although he knew he had himself to blame, Heath, and more disappointingly for Brax, Casey also had their part to play. Sighing lightly he looked up to find Charlie walking into the living room.

“I thought I heard voices. When did you get back?” Charlie asked as she sat down next to Brax.

“5 minutes ago” Brax answered.

“You’re not mad at me, are you?” Charlie said “I just wanted you and Angelo to -”

“I know” Brax said cutting Charlie off. “Ruby told me”

“So you’re not mad?” Charlie asked and Brax shook his head.

“Well I’m not” Brax said “Actually thought it was quiet funny. Angelo on the other hand…. Not so much”

“Oh” Charlie said “Well I just, I wanted you two to get along and I thought….” Charlie trailed off before she sighed.

“I know, and I promise, we’ll try” Brax said as he looked at Charlie’s face, smiling, he leaned forward and gently tucked her hair behind her ear. “You’re absolutely gorgeous Charlie” Brax smiled, as he memorized every detail, for he wasn’t sure how much longer he’d get to see it.

It was now the day of the party and everyone had arrived, apart from Heath. Brax was pacing around, waiting for him to arrive, waiting for answers on how he could do this to him. “Brax calm down, have a beer” Casey said as he threw a beer his way, but Brax let it fall to the ground.

“I don’t want a beer” Brax spat. “Come with me” Brax said as he took hold of Casey and pushed him outside. “Want to tell me what the hell you’ve done?” Brax asked as he once again pushed Casey.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about” Casey said.

“Don’t play dumb with me” Brax yelled “I know you gave Ruby all the dope. Are you seriously stupid? What are you doing involving her?”

“I only asked her to hold it a few days” Casey explained “She’s not involved”

“I thought you have brains, Case. You’ve involved her. She could do jail time now”

“What?” Casey shouted “Well she won’t, I mean you’ve never let it get that far”

“Yeah well it might now” Brax sighed “Heath’s been ripping me off by dealing with Hammer”

“Yeah, I know” Casey said quietly.

“Don’t tell me he got you involved?” Brax asked and Casey looked away, not answering. “Oh well that’s just great Casey. You know I tried to keep you out. I tried to keep you on the straight and narrow, and this is how you repay me?”

“I’m sorry” Casey said sadly.

“What’s he telling you off for now” Heath laughed as he walked up to the porch.

“Case get inside” Brax said.

“No” Casey sighed “Stop treating me like a kid”

“Listen to Brax eh” Heath said “We need to talk” Casey sighed lightly before he stormed off inside. “The crop’s gone” Heath said.

“I know” Brax nodded “Case did it”

“He what?” Heath laughed “He’s not got it in him”

“But he has” Brax said “Doesn’t want us to get into trouble”

“How sweet” Heath laughed.

“Yeah” Brax nodded “About as sweet as you doing deals with Hammer behind my back”

“What? Brax I told you -”

“Shut up” Brax said as he lightly pushed Heath. “Don’t you play dumb with me. I know what you’ve been doing. I’m not stupid”

“So what you going to do?” Heath asked, feeling slightly scared.

“I dunno” Brax sighed “Case has pretty much destroyed the dope so we’re not going to get much for it if we do sell it eh. So what have you promised him?”

“Nothing” Heath laughed.

“Heath this isn’t funny” Brax yelled “Now what have you promised Hammer?”

“Pretty much the whole crop” Heath admitted.

“What the hell are we going to do” Brax said as he rubbed his forehead.

“Give him it” Heath suggested.

“Are you serious?” Brax questioned “We can’t give him that stuff now. It’s not worth selling”

“Yeah so, but the time he looks at it we’ll be gone” Heath said.

“And how long do you think it’ll be before he comes for us?” Brax asked. “You’re a bloody idiot Heath”

“Well do you have a better idea?” Heath questioned and Brax shook his head.

“Nah I don’t” Brax said “Right this is what’s going to do -” Brax started to talk but was cut off when Charlie walked outside.

“Hey, what you doing hiding out here?” Charlie asked.

“Just getting some air” Brax said as he smiled at Charlie.

“Bianca’s inside” Charlie said as she looked over at Heath. Heath smiled before he walked off, leaving Charlie and Brax standing alone outside. Charlie exhaled lightly as she ran her hand over her stomach.

“Everything okay?” Brax asked and Charlie shook her head lightly.

“I dunno, I….” Charlie trailed off as she took a deep breath. “It’s eh, I feel a bit weird”

“Well maybe you should go to the hospital, get it checked out?” Brax said sounding worried.

“You know Sid’s inside” Charlie answered.

“Well then maybe you should go talk to him” Brax said “C’mon actually, we’re going” Brax said as he and Charlie walked back into the house, and over to find Sid.

“Roo” Brax said “Have you seen Sid?”

“Yeah he just left to go back to the hospital, some emergency” Roo answered “Why, is everything okay?”

“I dunno, Charlie says she doesn’t feel right” Brax said “I think the baby’s coming”

“Don’t be silly” Charlie said “I’m not due for another…oooh” Charlie moaned as she felt a sharp pain shooting through her.

“Okay, lovey I think you need to go to the hospital” Roo said as she stepped forward and lightly rubbed Charlie’s arm.

“No” Charlie shook her head “I’m fine it’s not time yet” Charlie said as she breathed heavily.

“Charlie I don’t think that’s matters sweetie, I think the baby want’s to come now” Brax said as he rubbed her back, trying to keep her calm.

“Okay, but where’s…..Ruby…..I need Ruby” Charlie said as she looked around the room.

“Just you make your way to the hospital” Roo said “I’ll find Ruby and let her know where you are. Go on, go” Roo said.

“Thank you” Charlie smiled before she felt a contraction coming on. “Brax we need to go…now” Charlie said as she grabbed onto him tightly.

“Yeah, I know, c’mon” Brax said as he led Charlie out of the house and into his ute, where they made their way to the hospital.

Archived