Dan Ewing charged with assulting fiancee Marnie Little

Guest Home and Away

If this had been in the UK(where I am anyway) he wouldn't have even been arrested for that. Would have probably been cautioned... if the police had bothered to turn up.

Agreed. Over here you can murder someone and get out in 3 years, because of course murderers have human rights too :D It's really not a joking matter but you have to laugh about it.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Home And Away's Ewing pleads not guilty to assault

Sydney actor Dan Ewing has faced court to plead not guilty to assaulting his fiancée.

The Home And Away star and his alleged victim, Marni Little, walked hand-in-hand into the Manly Local Court this morning.

The 26-year-old was charged earlier this month after police attended the couple's apartment at Fairlight, on Sydney's northern beaches.

Ms Little took the stand in court today and successfully asked for an interim apprehended violence order (AVO) to be lifted.

She also told the court the brief of police evidence was wrong.

"There was never any assault, there was never any touching," her lawyer told the court.

Ewing wrapped his arms around his fiancée as they silently left the court.

He will face court again on January 31 next year.

Source

Two more articles with photos and/or videos here and here.

I seriously thought I was going to be flamed for pointing that out. I'll go one step further and say that in my opinion what has been reported about the incident doesn't even come close to serious assault/domestic violence*. And as for him being sacked... I don't remember any others in the last couple of years being sacked for behaving badly.

*I hate assault/domestic violence, whether it is a female or male who is violent. So don't flame me.

Jodi Gordon (Martha) was found missing with bikies next thing we knew Martha was out of the show.

Todd Lasance (Aden) was found with cocaine on him next thing we knew Aden was out of the show.

Can't be coincedence.

What a strange and bizarre case. How can he be charged with assault and taken to court and then the 'victim' he allegedly assaulted gives evidence that he didn't touch her and the police got it wrong. It makes no sense at all. Either he assaulted her and at the time she wanted to press charges or he didn't and she called the police for no reason, wasting their time. :blink:

You don't just call the cops for no reason. It gives the impression she was assaulted by him but then changed her mind about pressing charges knowing what the consequences could be for Dan if he was charged or because she doesn't think its serious enough to press charges. Fair enough, she can do what she wants but the police dont just make things up like this, they were obviously lead to believe she was hurt in order for it to go to court so for her to be saying it didn't even happen just seems strange.

What a strange and bizarre case. How can he be charged with assault and taken to court and then the 'victim' he allegedly assaulted gives evidence that he didn't touch her and the police got it wrong. It makes no sense at all. Either he assaulted her and at the time she wanted to press charges or he didn't and she called the police for no reason, wasting their time. :blink:

You don't just call the cops for no reason. It gives the impression she was assaulted by him but then changed her mind about pressing charges knowing what the consequences could be for Dan if he was charged or because she doesn't think its serious enough to press charges. Fair enough, she can do what she wants but the police dont just make things up like this, they were obviously lead to believe she was hurt in order for it to go to court so for her to be saying it didn't even happen just seems strange.

Do we know it was Marni who called the Police or was it a neighbour or somebody else?

I seriously thought I was going to be flamed for pointing that out. I'll go one step further and say that in my opinion what has been reported about the incident doesn't even come close to serious assault/domestic violence*. And as for him being sacked... I don't remember any others in the last couple of years being sacked for behaving badly.

*I hate assault/domestic violence, whether it is a female or male who is violent. So don't flame me.

Jodi Gordon (Martha) was found missing with bikies next thing we knew Martha was out of the show.

Todd Lasance (Aden) was found with cocaine on him next thing we knew Aden was out of the show.

Can't be coincedence.

seriously get your facts right!!

Todd Lasance was caught with the coccaine, AFTER he had left the show. That's the reason why he was referred to as "former H&A cast"...

Jodi gordon was in a relationship with the son of channel 7's boss. That must have made the aftermath of the incident really difficult because of media attention; the incident got so extremely much attention, and was drawn out over and over. Seriously, she hadn't commited murder... It was said it

was a mutual decision, whether that was true or not, it is not difficult to understand that the decision was probably the best for both parts....

Hm.... I think a lot of us in here, see that there are a lot of the situations surrounding H&A that would have been handled diffferently in an another country. I don't think that those incident would have caused so much hysteria in the media...

First, the incidient with Todd Lasance...; everybody seemed to think that the normal punishment should be years in jail, and was referring to other cases... but what they never mentioned was the amount of the drug he was taken for... 0,36 of a gram, a very small amount!!! Something that the media where I come from would have taken that into their articles... well, if you are robbing a bank and take 10 dollars you are not getting the same punishment as the robbers who take a million...

And then the incident with mr. Ewing.... no one knows what happened. Unfortunately violence in the home is the most difficult to stop... because it is sometimes hard to prove... Since it includes violence I think that this is the most serious incident by far... But then, we don't know what happened.

But it is important that a show is handling these things like a work place normally does. Because that is what it really is- a work place for actors which happens to have an audience, just as nurses and doctors have patients... Maybe they should be suspended until the case is closed and if they are founded guilty they shold be sacked....

And they should treat the cases fairly.. with the same treatment..

But then we as viewers shouldn't be that caught up with the actors life, just see them as normal persons...

And the shows attitude to violence should be more clear ... because haven't you seen all year and also earlier that criminals get free, and the more innocent are getting to trial and put in jail?? The show has a twisted morality!!! they are for example punishing the drug users, but making heroes out of the dealers. Murders have been forgotten and the murderer goes free, and others with illness are taken to court for smaller incidents. The show can't steer their actors personal lives but the can show that they don't tolerate violence, and much of that can be done by changing the storylines!!!!

Can't be coincedence.

Todd Lasance was caught with the coccaine, AFTER he had left the show. That's the reason why he was referred to as "former H&A cast"...

Jodi gordon was in a relationship with the son of channel 7's boss. That must have made the aftermath of the incident really difficult because of media attention; the incident got so extremely much attention, and was drawn out over and over. Seriously, she hadn't commited murder... It was said it

was a mutual decision, whether that was true or not, it is not difficult to understand that the decision was probably the best for both parts....

Hm.... I think a lot of us in here, see that there are a lot of the situations surrounding H&A that would have been handled diffferently in an another country. I don't think that those incident would have caused so much hysteria in the media...

First, the incidient with Todd Lasance...; everybody seemed to think that the normal punishment should be years in jail, and was referring to other cases... but what they never mentioned was the amount of the drug he was taken for... 0,36 of a gram, a very small amount!!! Something that the media where I come from would have taken that into their articles... well, if you are robbing a bank and take 10 dollars you are not getting the same punishment as the robbers who take a million...

And then the incident with mr. Ewing.... no one knows what happened. Unfortunately violence in the home is the most difficult to stop... because it is sometimes hard to prove... Since it includes violence I think that this is the most serious incident by far... But then, we don't know what happened.

But it is important that a show is handling these things like a work place normally does. Because that is what it really is- a work place for actors which happens to have an audience, just as nurses and doctors have patients... Maybe they should be suspended until the case is closed and if they are founded guilty they shold be sacked....

But then we as viewers shouldn't be that caught up with the actors life, just see them as normal persons...

And the shows attitude to violence should be more clear ... because haven't you seen all year and also earlier that criminals get free, and the more innocent are getting to trial and put in jail?? The show has a twisted morality!!! they are for example punishing the drug users, but making heroes out of the dealers. Murders have been forgotten and the murderer goes free, and others with illness are taken to court for smaller incidents. The show can't steer their actors personal lives but the can show that they don't tolerate violence, and much of that can be done by changing the storylines!!!!

Nice summation. Well done.

There has been an awful lot of "leaping to conclusions" and flights of "political correctness".

Can't be coincedence.

There has been an awful lot of "leaping to conclusions" and flights of "political correctness".

It's before the courts and it's up to those involved to deal with it. Unfortunately, because Dan is in the public eye and many people find domestic violence appalling, there will always be discussions about him whatever the outcome because we don't know all the facts. If he did it, then I hope in never happens again and if he didn't do this, then I hope he and Marni can get through this together.

Jodlebirger, I agree 100% with your last paragraph and I hope the show remembers who a lot of their audience are - I've already seen some of the younger viewers say they think the show is boring without the violence and I don't think a family show should be viewed that way, even read comments that say they don't believe what Heath and Brax have done is all that bad; drug related and violent crimes are very serious crimes and shouldn't be trivialised as it has been - if it's wrong for Jake and all the other criminals arrested in drug busts this year to commit these crimes, then it's wrong for Brax and Heath and there should be consequences for their actions. For a show that is supposed to mirror society and reflect it, it's a shame they've been so willing to promote violence and criminal activity in such a way that it's seen as exciting so I don't see a change in their attitude toward violence and twisted morality. Because Home and Away is a family show watched by people of all ages, then I personally think that gives them a greater responsibility to how they portray things.

Do we know it was Marni who called the Police or was it a neighbour or somebody else?

I think on the news last night they said the neigbhours heard a loud argument and called the police and she was found in a distressed state with superficial wounds on her arm, he was taken to the station, interviewed and then charged.

Home And Away's Ewing pleads not guilty to assault

Sydney actor Dan Ewing has faced court to plead not guilty to assaulting his fiancée.

The Home And Away star and his alleged victim, Marni Little, walked hand-in-hand into the Manly Local Court this morning.

The 26-year-old was charged earlier this month after police attended the couple's apartment at Fairlight, on Sydney's northern beaches.

Ms Little took the stand in court today and successfully asked for an interim apprehended violence order (AVO) to be lifted.

She also told the court the brief of police evidence was wrong.

"There was never any assault, there was never any touching," her lawyer told the court.

Ewing wrapped his arms around his fiancée as they silently left the court.

He will face court again on January 31 next year.

This was on 3 News yesterday in NZ. Marni also told the court that she does not fear for her safety.

Can't be coincedence.

It's before the courts and it's up to those involved to deal with it. Unfortunately, because Dan is in the public eye and many people find domestic violence appalling, there will always be discussions about him whatever the outcome because we don't know all the facts. If he did it, then I hope in never happens again and if he didn't do this, then I hope he and Marni can get through this together.

Jodlebirger, I agree 100% with your last paragraph and I hope the show remembers who a lot of their audience are - I've already seen some of the younger viewers say they think the show is boring without the violence and I don't think a family show should be viewed that way, even read comments that say they don't believe what Heath and Brax have done is all that bad; drug related and violent crimes are very serious crimes and shouldn't be trivialised as it has been - if it's wrong for Jake and all the other criminals arrested in drug busts this year to commit these crimes, then it's wrong for Brax and Heath and there should be consequences for their actions. For a show that is supposed to mirror society and reflect it, it's a shame they've been so willing to promote violence and criminal activity in such a way that it's seen as exciting so I don't see a change in their attitude toward violence and twisted morality. Because Home and Away is a family show watched by people of all ages, then I personally think that gives them a greater responsibility to how they portray things.

I think on the news last night they said the neigbhours heard a loud argument and called the police and she was found in a distressed state with superficial wounds on her arm, he was taken to the station, interviewed and then charged.

So that brings another influence into play. Police have some discretion as I understand it. ( I'm no lawyer ) However in Dan's case they may have felt some reluctance to exercise it in Dan's favour because of the inevitable backlash from people and some parts of the press who would run the line about " a celebrity" getting special treatment.

That same reluctance to use discretion may also have been a factor in Todd Lasance being charged for drug posession given the very small amount he had.

Archived