The Sons & Daughters Connection

Guest Dibble Investments Inc

Sons & Daughters....Home & Away....what do they have in common? Well, aside from having the word 'and' separating their titles and the fact that one finished the same year as the other commenced, they are both considered to be iconic Australian soaps.

As a huge fan of both, I find that appearances by actors in one show can often remind of us of the other. The most obvious example is Judy Nunn who, as well as playing Ailsa, was Irene Fisher in S&D (a character very similar to Ailsa).

Now, as a sort of quiz, I'd like to see if anybody can name actors who've appeared in both....

If you like, even A Country Practice crossovers as well (Shane Whittington - there you go I've named one already :lol:)

Well Cornelia Frances and Rowena Wallace are the most obvious. Both were main characters of both shows at one point or another. Incidentally, both were involved with Donald Fisher in HAA.

Also, Vanessa Downing and Roger Oakley appeared in a scene together, which IMO, is even more "freaky". In addition, I was wathcing "Prisoner" the other night, and Fiona Spence and Judy Nunn appeared in many scenes together there, as well.

See here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztf6L3LBVj8

Robert Mammone was Tim Palmer in S&D (Edit. Tim Palmer)

Daniel Roberts - Andy in S&D and currently as Dennis in H&A. Another connection, he's David Jones-Roberts dad.

A Country Practice - Georgie Parker

Shane Withington also played a chopper pilot

A few ACP regulars have guest starred.

Josephine Mitchell - two characters

Michelle Pettigrove

Shane Porteous

Grant Dodwell. His daughter Celeste, played Melody in H&A also.

Gavin Harrison

Robert Mammone was Tim Palmer in S&D

Daniel Roberts - Andy in S&D and currently as Dennis in H&A. Another connection, he's David Jones-Roberts dad.

A Country Practice - Georgie Parker

Shane Withington also played a chopper pilot

A few ACP regulars have guest starred.

Josephine Mitchell - two characters

Michelle Pettigrove

Shane Porteous

Gavin Harrison

Good list, I totally forgot about Robert Mammone. Woah, he's always been sooo hot!

Robert Mammone was Tim Palmer in S&D (Edit. Tim Palmer)

Gavin Harrison

Grant Dodwell was in in Home and Away as well in the 90s he played a doctor who tried to hit on Kelly

H20 Just Add Water connection as well Pheobe Tonkin who played the girl in the pet shop and Burgess Abernathy who played Cassies formal date. And I think they guy who played Dom was in h2o as well. Lincoln Lewis was in h20 as an extra before he joined Home & Away. Indiana Evans has been in both too aswell as Luke Mitchell

Antonia Murphy (Lynn Palmer, S&D) played Sally's mother, I think? Her S&D hubby Stephen Comey (Kevin) appeared in an early episode of H&A as the director of Lance, Martin and Marilyn' video clip.

Also Norman Coburn (Fisher) had a guest role in S&D as a man valuing a painting. Danny Adcock (Joe Parker in S&D) was the prosecutor at someone's trial, but I forget whose - maybe Dani's?

I don't think Tom Richards (David Palmer, S&D) has been mentioned - he played Murdoch 'Mud' Roberts in H&A.

Off-topic, but I've recently watched some Sullivans episodes where Roger Oakley (Tom) is playing an English army guy called Barrington.

Antonia Murphy (Lynn Palmer, S&D) played Sally's mother, I think? Her S&D hubby Stephen Comey (Kevin) appeared in an early episode of H&A as the director of Lance, Martin and Marilyn' video clip.

Also Norman Coburn (Fisher) had a guest role in S&D as a man valuing a painting. Danny Adcock (Joe Parker in S&D) was the prosecutor at someone's trial, but I forget whose - maybe Dani's?

I don't think Tom Richards (David Palmer, S&D) has been mentioned - he played Murdoch 'Mud' Roberts in H&A.

Off-topic, but I've recently watched some Sullivans episodes where Roger Oakley (Tom) is playing an English army guy called Barrington.

Well that's quite a list you've got there :lol:

I remember Stephen Comey (Kevin Palmer) on the episode with Image's video clip.

It's ironic that Danny Adcock played the crim Joe Parker and also a prosecutor!!!! Haddaway man, he must be a canny lad then :lol:

Where did you see the Sullivans clip with Roger Oakley, was it on YouTube???

Whey aye, marra!

Yeah, Roger Oakley appeared in quite a few episodes of The Sullivans - he played a British Major called Barrington in the episodes set on Crete.

I think his first scene was in Episode 262 (about seven minutes into this clip), and he appeared off and on for about 40 episodes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CttgSXfS3Q...feature=related

Archived