Ada Nicodemou reveals her despair

Guest Mishyy

ADA Nicodemou has revealed she felt helpless during husband Chrys Xipolitas' battle with depression last year.

The Home and Away star told Marie Claire magazine she didn't know how to handle the changes in her normally cheerful partner.

"I tried to fix it and I didn't understand why he couldn't snap out of it," she says.

"For him, there was a lot of shame in admitting he wasn't OK. I felt helpless."

Nicodemou split briefly with Xipolitas last year before reuniting a short time later. She said the couple were the happiest they've ever been and he was now medication-free.

"I think we're a lot stronger because of what we've been through together," she says.

The Sydney-based actress joined Charlotte Dawson, Ricki-Lee Coulter, Samantha Armytage, Jessica Rowe and Asher Keddie in a stunning fantasy-themed shoot for the magazine's Shine A Light Campaign in the January issue, to raise awareness of depression.

"I realised I had to confront everything that was bringing me down and make some huge life changes," Coulter said, recalling her diagnosis of mild depression at 21.

To support the campaign, visit marieclaire .com.au/shinealight.

We can also reveal that Nicodemou, 34, will take on a new role as host of new Seven series Please Marry My Boy.

The fun reality show, which is expected to air early next year, sees overbearing mothers attempting to marry off their sons.

Source

Archived