Heath/April

Perry

I guess I should be used to couples I like randomly breaking up but I do think these two had a lot of potential that seemed to get strangled at birth.And, indeed, still do:Personally I think Heath's a far better match for April than Dexter is.At times, it feels like there's a private shipping war going on in the writers' room:Some writers continue to portray them as having a close bond and make good use of their relationship, while others seem determined to bolster their preferred pairs by having April give out-of-character rants about how Heath never cared about her and could never be a good boyfriend. It's a shame that a lot of the on-screen stuff is one way:We had references to Heath supporting April while Dexter was in hospital but I'd like to have seen some of it.It's just a shame that those in charge seem determined not to have them together.

Interesting comments RR1. Looking back on the year I think the relationship between Heath and April would go into the "lost opportunity" category for me. It always intrigued me how April, despite her youth, relative small physical size, and almost fragility, seemed to constantly be able to stop Heath in his tracks and make him think. With her his usual "crash through" aproach to situations just didn't seem to be adequate.

I suppose that to some extent the opportunity still exists in her "little sister of his girlfriend" role but it won't have the added dimension of the physicality that their original relationship provided.

Edited by john003au

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic