Heath/April

Perry

April is really annoying me at the moment! I absolutely hate that she is using Casey to see Heath ... Casey, who is having to deal with so much at the moment! Aprils is some b****h using him like that!

And for the love of Pete, how friggin' low was her dress today! Sheesh, I think everyone's known for awhile that she had a fairly considerable package but April is definitely behaving like a slut! She obviously thinks that the only thing men care about is the chest area, and I know in Heath's case that might be true, but if this is the way she thinks he can seduce all men then she is definitely a slut!

This ... transformation of April's must have been buried beneath her all the time! This is not just because of her break-up with Dex!

The girl she was with Dex and the girl she is now are just two completely different people! It astounds me to think that they are the one person! April has changed so much ... too much even. Would this kind of thing happen in real life?!

April's real problem is control I think ... she always looks for control in whatever she is doing! She was in control when she was taking those study pills and she is definitely in control now with Heath!

This girl needs to go on a convent break! <_<

Edited by LauraPhilly!!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three weeks behind in the UK and my opinion may change in that time but I hope it won't.I know I shouldn't get behind a pair or potential pair because whenever I do that they seem to either break up or never really get going.But I so want these two to be a permanent couple.They're far better suited to each other than they were to Dexter and Bianca.It feels like we're finally seeing the return of the real April, the fiery, fiesty go-getter, after a year of her having the life sucked out of her by being turned into a female version of Dex.And Heath does seem to show his softer side with her and she might just be what he needs to stay on the straight and narrow.

I liked the idea of these two back when April saw something special in Heath when Bianca was hurting him. But it all seems to be playing out a bit dirty now. I would've liked to have seen April bring out the best in Heath and for him to fall for her because of that. It doesn't seem like that's going to happen now.

I think we're supposed to find all this sneaking around and lying to people sexy and exciting but like with Brax and Charlie, it just comes across as sleazy after a while, especially when it's all they seem to do. I just found Charlie and Brax's behaviour pathetic and ridiculous and couldn't buy into it at all, but with Heath and April, it seems more understandable and believable considering April's age and lack of experience and Heath's usual behaviour.

I just can't see it ending well though. Maybe things will change, but at the moment, it just keeps looking more and more like April is a consolation price; he can't have Bianca so he'll take the next best thing, the little sister.

To be honest, I think this is one of those cases when it depends on your opinion of the couple:I've only seen them sleep together once but looking at the comments on here I'm actually thinking "Wow, that sounds great, I can't wait to see it!"(I had a similar reaction to comments by people who didn't like Nicole and Aden together talking about how rubbish their kiss was, which left me thinking "That sounds perfect!")It does sound very much like Charlie and Brax done right, in that it's more believable to have an excitable teenage girl sneaking around with her boyfriend than a thirty-something professional woman and they have actually had proper conversations first.(I know people can point to times Charlie and Brax talked before they slept together but their relationship was still mostly one of disdain at the time, in contrast to the relaxed relationship Heath and April had developed.)When I first heard about the pairing, I did wonder if Heath was using April as a substitute for Bianca but I think he recognises her for herself as well:In a town where most people just regard him as a thug, it's natural he'd be drawn towards one of the few people who recognises he might have feelings.

Maybe it's intended to fizzle out or end badly, I wouldn't be too surprised if it does, but I think there's probably a reason why they're continually drawn towards each other.

The few spoilers I've seen suggest this could end with Heath meeting someone from his past and April having to fight for him.I guess if I'm right that'll be make or break time for them.

• 7 months later...

I just wanna bring this back because the sneek peek on the site and the promo have April trying to convince Heath to go back to the hospital and this hurts my heart.Why do they continue to have April be the only one he listens to but put him with Bianca and her with Dex?Creys.

Bianca is so far out of Heath's league in all ways and I will never be able to take Heath and Bianca seriously because of the way so much is overlooked, like him using and sleeping with April and then cheating on her; where's the anger at the man for treating her little sister like that or the man who sold drugs (which she supposedly hates) to her students? Can't stand Bianca since she hooked up with Heath, but that's for another thread.

I find it weird the way April gives her sister advice on the man they both slept with as if it's not that big a deal and they all lived under the same roof. Heath/Bianca is just so implausible whereas I actually brought April and Heath as a couple, even more so if they'd toned down April's rather stalkerish chase of him. She understands him, accepts him for who he is, just as he doesn't pretend to be someone he's not (his big bro could get a lot of pointers from his so-called bad brother) and age wise and maturity wise, they're a far better match than he will ever be with Bianca, who treated him like dirt and beneath her.

Don't know why they ever went with Heath and April if it was never going to be nothing more than a fling, because it ruined Dex/April (I actually think he works far better as a single guy) for me and Bianca hooking up with the man who used her sister just makes her look even worse than just hooking up with her husband's drug dealer.

Edited by b2sb09

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I guess I should be used to couples I like randomly breaking up but I do think these two had a lot of potential that seemed to get strangled at birth.And, indeed, still do:Personally I think Heath's a far better match for April than Dexter is.At times, it feels like there's a private shipping war going on in the writers' room:Some writers continue to portray them as having a close bond and make good use of their relationship, while others seem determined to bolster their preferred pairs by having April give out-of-character rants about how Heath never cared about her and could never be a good boyfriend. It's a shame that a lot of the on-screen stuff is one way:We had references to Heath supporting April while Dexter was in hospital but I'd like to have seen some of it.It's just a shame that those in charge seem determined not to have them together.