The Cup premiere

Guest Barbara

The Cup stars ride in for Sydney movie premiere

# Alice Coote

# From: The Daily Telegraph

# October 12, 2011 12:00AM

A TOUCH of Melbourne Cup fever and glamour came to Sydney last night with the movie premiere of The Cup.

A fake grass carpet was rolled out for the stars of the movie based on Damien Oliver's 2002 Melbourne Cup win.

The film stars Stephen Curry as Oliver, Daniel MacPherson as his tragic brother Jason and Jodi Gordon as Trish Oliver.

Gordon, supported by fiance Braith Anasta at the Event Cinemas premiere on George St, said: "I go to the races and I know the fashion aspect of things, as all girls do, but learning about the jockeys' world and what she (Trish Oliver) has to go through as a partner was incredible," Gordon said.

Curry, who lost 15kg for the film, joked: "There are horses and there are horses. Race horses are angry, evil beasts and they don't like me a great deal."

PICTURES

Jodi Gordon & Lisa Gormley attended the event.

T7Ron.jpg7tgSl.jpg

YbcV4.jpgsgmYD.jpg

gQoOu.jpgznWEN.jpg

xzu0G.jpg

There is also a video of the premiere. To watch it, click here.

To watch the trailer, click here (at the bottom of the page). The movie opens on Thursday in Australia.

Source: The Daily Telegraph

Archived