I Do What I Do For My Family

Guest Summer2011

Chapter 11: Corey

7 MONTHS LATER

Ellie was now living on her own in the flat above the diner, Brax had sorted some money out for her, even though it was Hammers child she was having he wasnt going to turn his back on his baby sister he wasnt his mother. Heath didnt feel quite the same. Leah had gave her a few shifts at the diner so that helped her aswell she left school as she couldnt raise a child and go to school. Her mum had made it clear to her that she didnt want anything to do with her if she was keeping the baby. Casey had left town after killing Hammer, she didnt care as long as she didnt have to see him again she was happy. She missed Hammer every minute of the day but having his baby growing inside her kept her strong.

It was a wednesday evening and Ellie was doing a shift in the diner, she was serving two customers with there cheeseburgers when she suddenly got a scrap pain and then a puddle of water appeared at her feet her waters had broken.. Colleen flew into panic motion and rang an ambulance.

She arrived at the hoisptal in a lot of pain and feelings of joy and sadness, she would finally meet her baby but Hammer would be by her side.

Eventually by 7.30pm she gave birth to a healthy baby boy.

Later that night in the hoisptal there was no visters coming to see her with bunch of flowers or teddybears, it was just her and her baby boy.

She looked into his dark brown eyes and spoke to her little boy " you just look like your daddy, he would have been so proud of you, but he still loves you even though hes not here he wanted you so much, i miss him so much but he gave me you so i will always have a part of him with me, the baby choed at his mummy and ellie smiled and said " yeah thats right Corey Harmen Pivoric.

Chapter 12: Breathless

3 months later

Ellie was now use to motherhood she loved every minute of it. She did feel alone without Hammer and having no family to turn to, apart from Brax but he was no use behind bars.

She took corey for a walk along the beach the weather was great today.

As she walked along she chatted away to baby Corey with giggled in return. She told him one day she would teach him how to surf on them very waves just like his uncle Brax taught his mummy.

Then she wondered maybe he would be like Hammer and not like surfing she looked into his pram and said “ We can give it a try anyway.

As she was walking she seen colleen who stopped to talk to her, she looked in the pram at Corey “ He’s a handsome little thing, reminds me of my son lance, you know what Ellie your do a great job bringing young Corey up on your own” Ellie blushed and felt overjoyed with Colleen’s praise.

TWO DAYS LATER

Corey was aleep in his cot and Ellie was watching tv, it was quite a noisy night as the christmas party was on at the Surf club. You could hear the christmas songs and the drunks singing along.

She went to check on Corey as he hadnt made a sound on the baby mointer for a good few hours.

She crept into his nursery and looked in the cot to see her baby sleeping, but as she looked closer, fear came over her he noticed his lips were blue and he wasnt breathing.

She grabbed him out of the cot and ran outide into the surf club and screamed for help while tears were running down her cheeks.

Everyone stopped dancing and looked at her, Cheryl was at the bar and called her daughters name.

Sid rushed over to her and toke Corey out of her arms and placed him gently onto one of the sofas and gave him CPR. Alf in the mean time had called for an ambulance.

Sid tryed his best but nothing was happening, he knew deep down it was laready to late.

He stopped and looked at Ellie who was standing beside him shaking and in tears, hoping he could save her son’s life. “He said sorry Ellie there’s nothing i can do he’ s gone”

Ellie let out a scream and picked up her baby boy and cradled him so tight to her not wanting to let him go.

Cheryl left the bar and walked over to her daughter and grandson and held them in her arms, for the first time in 16 years Cheryl Braxton cried.

Thanks for all the comments :) There's only one chapter left after this one, but i was thinking of continuing on but i thought i would ask yous, so do you want to just see the final chaper after this one, or continue on for a while longer? il have to change the next chapter if you want me to continue so please let me no what you think i should do :)

Chapter 13 Always be my baby boy.

1 WEEK LATER

Ellie had moved back home with her mother, Cheryl constantly fussed over her, trying to do everything for her as she felt guilty and blamed herself for her grandson's death. She believed it was pushiment for wanting Ellie to get an Abortion. She also was upset that she would never see her grandson again and that she wasted all that time being spitefull when should have been a grandma to Corey.

Ellie didnt blame Cheryl or hold a grudge about how Cheryl behaved about her pregnancy, she needed someone she had lost to many people now.

The docter explained that Corey died of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome it was no one's fault.

Corey was buried beside Hammer and Ellie took some comfort that her baby boy wouldnt be alone, he would be with his daddy and one day she would join them when her time was up and they would all be together.

Ellie was sat on the couch watching TV holding Corey's blue teddy bear it still had his scent. Cheryl came in through the door with a big parcel with a pink ribbon, she handed it to Ellie. She opened it and staring back at her from the picture was the dark brown eyes of her baby boy and his big grin made her heart melt.Cheryl said we can put it on the wall their so we will see him smiling everyday and you will know he's always with us. Ellie looked at her mum and smiled for the first time since Coreys death, She said " Thanks mum i love it, you know it was easy to love him the first time he was put in my arms i fell in love, but missing him is hard i just wish i could have my baby back". Cheryl placed her arm around Ellie and said " I no you do love, i wish he was here aswell i wish i could get a chance to make it up to him, but just remember he;s not on his own he's with his daddy now.

That gave Ellie comfort knowing her two boys were together.

Chapter 14

It had been a year since Corey died things were going good for Ellie. She finally thought her life was falling into place, everything that had happened to her the past year and a half made her stronger she was no longer the little girl who had to cut herself to deal with the hard times. She had became a strong brave young lady.. She did wish things had turned out different she had lost so many people,but she was glad she did have the chance to have them in her life even though some was for a short while. Her only worrys now was making sure she had all her homework done, she was now just a plain school girl again with a few family issues like everyone else.

10 YEARS LATER

Things were very differnt now in the Braxton family Heath and Brax had been out of Prison for a year now and charlie and brax had started seeing each other,and Ellie had got the Grades she need in her HSC and was now working as a social worker.. Brax was extremely proud of his little sister she had made it against the odds, she wasnt much of baby anymore now she was a 26 year old young woman.

It was a busy day in the Braxton house as it was charlie and Brax's wedding day,Cheryl was going around crazy making sure everyone wasnt running late.

Casey flight was due in this morning he hadnt been back home since he killed Hammer.

Ellie was trying to calm her mother down that everything was under control, Brax and heath was laughing at their mother anyone would think she was getting married again. Someone knocked on the patio door everyone looked around to see Casey standing in the doorway with a baby girl in his arms, Brax smiled and walked over to casey. Heath said good to see you mate, and cheryl suddenly seen to forget about all the panic over the wedding and throw her arms around her youngest son. Then heath broke the silence " Whos your little friend mate, still cant get any friends your own age he joked.

Casey laughed at his brothers remark, no everyone this is my daughter Ellie-rose everyone was surprised they didnt even no he was seeing someone but then they hadnt been in touch much for the last 10 years..

Cheryl toke the baby out of Caseys arms and Brax and heath went to say hello to there new niece, Ellie was still stood in the kitchen and hadnt said a word since he had arrived. Casey walked over to Ellie she didnt speek, " Ellie i know you probley hate me and dont want to even see me but i want you to know im really sorry about everything that happened but i was young and stuipid and i was just trying to protect you back then, i was a messed up angry kid.

He was about to walk away when Ellie said i dont hate you, well i did for ages but i had to let go of all that so i could get on with my life, Ill never forget what you did but thats in the past now we cant change it. Casey moved closer to her and gave her a hug, she felt werid at first but in his arms she remebered the small little boy who use to always take her on bike rides when they were kids.

She broke away from the hug and said you called you daughter Ellie? Casey smiled and said " yeah after her auntie i hope she turns out to be a smart and brave girl just like you. Ellie felt blessed to hear casey saying that about her, Ellie looked over at the baby in her mother's arms, "She beautiful casey".

Casey smiled " Im sorry about Corey mum filled me in she sent me a picture too he would have broke a few hearts, with that cheeky grin, i wish i could have met him.

Ellie felt her heart ache she missed her baby boy so much it still felt like yesterday that he died, " I wish you could have met him too case.

At the beach Brax and Charlie exchanged there wedding vows and everyone was now enjoying the evening dancing and having a few drinks.

Brax and charlie were standing beside the ocean

Brax: So your finally mrs Braxton eh

Charlie: YEah who would have thought it.

Brax said do you now were married and we said we would love to have kids one day why dont we start now, Charlie smiled i think we should Mr braxton, i think its about time another lot a Braxtons came to rattle up this town. Brax laughed at his wife's comment and placed a kiss on her lips.

Casey and heath and cheryl were all chatting to the guests and Ellie was holding baby Ellie-Rose and looked out to the ocean and said to her baby niece "You know Us Braxtons arnt the perfect family but we do love one another no matter what. Ellie-Rose smiled at her auntie and Ellie could have swore it was the same grin as Coreys, with that heath shouted out" Rite everyone come on get on the dance floor, well the sand only Brax would want a wedding on the beach he prob would have got married out on a surf board there he pointed to the sea if it was allowed everyone laughed. The music was turned it loud and everyone was dancing. There;s nothing that can come between the Braxton family because Blood and Sand no matter what..

Thats the final chapter thankyou for everyone that has read it and left comments. Hope you like it, And thanks again :))

Comments

Archived