Sasha Bezmel - Demi Harman

Hard to believe that at the start of the year I was praising the fact that the show was finding something to do with Sasha other than have her randomly hook up with the next boy she met.I've no idea why they decided to abandon the genuinely interesting and believable friendship she developed with Rosie in favour of insisting she was in love with some boy she'd had a couple of conversations with.I can only assume that either they needed a new golden couple to fill the gap April and Dexter were leaving(and making Spencer bipolar in an incredibly unbelievable manner kind of reinforced that, because hey, a feisty girl supporting a troubled boyfriend always wins fans)or they knew the rest of the Walkers were going and the only way they could find to keep Sasha around was to have her latch onto some boy as her "soul mate" and decide he was more important than her family.I'd hope that sooner or later they'll realise their mistake but I wouldn't be surprised if we have Sasha and Spencer forced on us as a Meant To Be couple for some time to come.

• Like 2

Hard to believe that at the start of the year I was praising the fact that the show was finding something to do with Sasha other than have her randomly hook up with the next boy she met.I've no idea why they decided to abandon the genuinely interesting and believable friendship she developed with Rosie in favour of insisting she was in love with some boy she'd had a couple of conversations with.I can only assume that either they needed a new golden couple to fill the gap April and Dexter were leaving(and making Spencer bipolar in an incredibly unbelievable manner kind of reinforced that, because hey, a feisty girl supporting a troubled boyfriend always wins fans)or they knew the rest of the Walkers were going and the only way they could find to keep Sasha around was to have her latch onto some boy as her "soul mate" and decide he was more important than her family.I'd hope that sooner or later they'll realise their mistake but I wouldn't be surprised if we have Sasha and Spencer forced on us as a Meant To Be couple for some time to come.

The writers obviously put them together for those reasons exactly, because they are not interesting as a couple at all and there is no reason why they should be together, they have nothing in common. They would've been better as just friends!

The writers obviously put them together for those reasons exactly, because they are not interesting as a couple at all and there is no reason why they should be together, they have nothing in common. They would've been better as just friends!

The other annoying thing about it is that Spencer and Maddy were introduced to the show as a super couple. They were so committed to each other that they'd rather live rough than be separated. Five minutes later Spencer is in love with Sasha!

• Like 1

The other annoying thing about it is that Spencer and Maddy were introduced to the show as a super couple. They were so committed to each other that they'd rather live rough than be separated. Five minutes later Spencer is in love with Sasha!

That's one of the many reasons I hate Sasha and Spencer together. I think it ruined both characters - Sasha who was my favourite character in the entire show, and Spencer - who I liked when he first came because it seemed even though he had ran away from home, he had his head screwed on and was a nice guy. Him breaking up with Maddy and then easily moving on to Sasha was just stupid.

• Like 1

I never belived in Maddy and Spencer as a supercouple, and I don't think they were meant to be that. I think it was just a way to introduce them as charachters. But I found their introduction very messy, and I never felt they were very in love with each other. At that time it felt like Spencer was Maddie's older brother, far more wise than her. There were far to many wholes in the storyline, and they did not feel like a young couple that had to run away to be with each other. Why did they run after three years and not before??

So far (July 2013) i really like Sasha and Spencer. I really like that the storyline about Rosie brought them together, it was a good build up. But I think it was a shame that Rosie wasn't promoted as a regular, though. But she could have been in the show, still with Sasha and Spencer together.
I wonder if Spencer suddenly being bipolar is going to destroy them as a couple? I haven't seen it, just read about it and the reactions here on this forum. Because it seem to me that more people loved Sasha and Spencer in the beginning. And by the sound of it, Maddy did not know... And why did not hos parents mentioned it when they visited the Bay? Or Chris the first time he was around? Weird and unbeliveable. Maybe they did do that to cause some trouble between Sasha and Spencer. But sometimes when storylines suddenly pop up without a build up and a good developement, it just destroyes the charachters that are involved.

Edited by jodlebirger

While Spencer and Maddy may not have had electric chemistry, they had a sense of history and the potential to be a committed long-term couple.Spencer and Sasha don't really seem to have any of those.The way they were paired up didn't really ring true, with desperate attempts to convince us they had loads in common(which basically amounted to "they're friends with Rosie and their dads are doctors", ignoring the fact Sasha didn't know her father growing up and Spencer doesn't get on with his, and making them looks like jerks for excluding Maddy from their conversations)and having them sleep together straightaway as if that somehow proved he was more serious about her than he was about Maddy.I accept they had and still have their fans but a lot of the early support or enthusiasm seemed to be down to people liking Sasha and finding Maddy annoying.Once the initial fuss was over, the fans and writers were left with a rather bland and dull couple who had been built up as something special.The bipolar storyline seemed to be there to pep them up by giving them a big Issue storyline and coming out with comments along the lines of "You're the reason he's facing up to this" but it doesn't seem to have been entirely successful.As ever, splitting a couple up and then reuniting them runs the risk of demonstrating that the characters actually work perfectly well apart.

While Spencer and Maddy may not have had electric chemistry, they had a sense of history and the potential to be a committed long-term couple.Spencer and Sasha don't really seem to have any of those.The way they were paired up didn't really ring true, with desperate attempts to convince us they had loads in common(which basically amounted to "they're friends with Rosie and their dads are doctors", ignoring the fact Sasha didn't know her father growing up and Spencer doesn't get on with his, and making them looks like jerks for excluding Maddy from their conversations)and having them sleep together straightaway as if that somehow proved he was more serious about her than he was about Maddy.I accept they had and still have their fans but a lot of the early support or enthusiasm seemed to be down to people liking Sasha and finding Maddy annoying.Once the initial fuss was over, the fans and writers were left with a rather bland and dull couple who had been built up as something special.The bipolar storyline seemed to be there to pep them up by giving them a big Issue storyline and coming out with comments along the lines of "You're the reason he's facing up to this" but it doesn't seem to have been entirely successful.As ever, splitting a couple up and then reuniting them runs the risk of demonstrating that the characters actually work perfectly well apart.

This is 100% accurate. Especially for Sasha. The entire time she's been on the show she's been at her best when not actually in a relationship. Granted that's only been about 5 % of the time. I thought I liked the idea of her and Spencer, I actually thought right back when he was first introduced that they were going to go with Spencer and Sasha, but I didn't realise Maddy was his girlfriend at the time. When they started hanging out because of Rosie I thought they were going to go there eventually but they just jumped right in. That's the other problem with H&A, the relationships get no build up, no proper and realistic development. It's the same with Casey/Tamara. She's introduced, 5 minutes later she's the love of his life. I ain't buying it! I know the very nature of a soap means that everything is accelerated and overly dramatic but they could still develop characters so much better.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...