Our Special Connection

Guest CharlieAndBraxLover

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I can now finally review on here & not bother you in Fan Fiction LOL

I am loving this fic ... please please continue, I would love to see how everyone reacts to Chax going public with their relationship!! I would also love to see their interaction with each other out in the open!!

Please please keep going :D

HUGE thank you to everyone who has reviewed and said they want me to continue. You're lovely words inspire me to keep writing. I got more reviews on my latest chapter than I probably had for the whole story so far! :)

Anyway I hope you like this chapter! Pretty please review.

CABL. xxx

Chapter 12:

"Ahh, Sargeant Buckton, what can I do for you?" Inspector Joyce asked Charlie as he was sorting through some paperwork in his office.

"Inspector, I uhh, I been wanting to talk to you about something" Charlie stated. She had been a nervous wreck all morning, even when Brax was with her. She had no idea how people were going to take the news.

"Right, sounds ominous. What's the problem?"

"I... I wanted to inform you that uhh... that..." Charlie stuttered.

"Come on Sargeant, I don't have all day" Joyce interrupted.

"I wanted to inform you that I may have put myself into a compromising position."

Joyce raises his eyebrows at the words that had come out of Charlie's mouth. Charlie was the station's best police officer and there was no way anyone would want to lose her from the force. Joyce stayed quiet, signalling for Charlie to continue.

"For the last say, 7 months, I have been in a relationship with Darryl Braxton. But before you say anything, I wanted to make sure you understand that my relationship with Bra.... Darryl, has not influenced or affected my work in any way, shape or form."

Joyce couldn't believe what he was hearing. His best police officer was dating a gang leader and known criminal. Joyce was lost for words. Charlie just stood in the same position since she entered his office, nervously fiddling with her hands waiting for some sort of response from the Inspector.

"You're a great officer Sargeant Buckton. Actually, you're a brilliant officer. I hate to think that you are risking your career for some relationship with a Riverboy who isn't achieving anything in life, apart from causing this town trouble."

Charlie frowned at the way Joyce was talking about Brax. She knew the bad things Brax had gotten up to in his past, hell, he even admitted to laundering drug money through Angelo's to her! But she knew Brax was changing. He was determined to be on the straight and narrow, not only for himself, but for Casey and Charlie as well.

"I do believe that your relationship with Mr Braxton hasn't affected your work, but I can't just overlook this. Sargeant Buckton, I'm sorry to inform you that you will be suspended for an indefinite period of time. I need to speak with my superiors on where we will go from here, and I will inform you of any changes in your status as an officer."

Charlie's mouth was wide open. She felt as though someone had kicked her in the stomach. Suspension for being in a relationship? Charlie resisted the urge to cry, instead she nodded slightly at Inspector Joyce, turned on her heels and left the police headquarters.

-------------

As soon as Charlie stepped outside of the police headquarters, she immediately broke into tears. She knew suspension was a reasonable consequence, but she didn't seriously think it would get that far.

Power walking down the beach with tears and smudged mascara running down her cheeks, Charlie raced up the stairs of Angelo's, which was currently closed, hoping to see Brax.

Charlie looked around the restaurant for her boyfriend, but there was no sign of him, or any of his staff. She walked towards Brax's office when she could hear movements coming from inside, the sounds of things being placed on a desk and filing cabinet draws opening and closing.

Sure enough, there was Brax, his back facing Charlie, rummaging through one of his filing cabinet draws quite impatiently.

"Brax" Charlie whispered quietly as she was still sobbing.

Brax was startled by her voice since he hadn't heard her come in. Turning around he saw the distraught look on Charlie's face, her tear stained cheeks telling him things with Inspector Joyce didn't go well.

He immediately walked over to Charlie and wrapped his arms around her holding her tight, as Charlie broke down completely, crying into his chest and clinging on to the back of his shirt.

After a couple of minutes had passed, Brax slowly lead Charlie over to his office lounge. He sat down, lightly pulling Charlie so she was sitting sideways on his lap, her head still buried into his chest. Brax kissed the top of her head as he rubbed his hand in a circular pattern on Charlie's back trying to calm her.

About ten minutes had gone by with the two sitting in silence, the only thing able to be heard was the sound of Charlie's quiet sniffles. Charlie's breathing had slowed and the tears had stopped.

"I've been suspended indefinitely" Charlie whispered, her head now resting on Brax's shoulder.

Brax looked down and peered into Charlie's glazed over eyes before letting out a sigh.

"I'm sorry" he said quietly, "How are you, I mean, how are feeling about all of this? And uh, about us?"

Charlie raised her head to look up into Brax's eyes.

"It sucks, Brax. I knew it was a possibility that I could get suspended or even worse, I just wasn't prepared for it to actually happen. I'm not giving them the satisfaction and breaking up with you. I've already lost my job temporarily, I couldn't handle losing you as well" Charlie said looking down at her hand on Brax's chest.

"Good, because I couldn't handle losing you either" Brax replied with a genuine smile as Charlie pulled him in for another hug.

-----------------

A few days had passed since Charlie had talked to Inspector Joyce. The Coastal News had somehow found out about Charlie and Brax's relationship and printed a story on the front page about how the local cop was in bed with a criminal.

Charlie stood at the kitchen counter skimming through the story in the newspaper. She couldn't believe the media were writing such horrible things about her and Brax, most of which wasn't even true.

Charlie ran her hands through her hair, placed her hands on the bench and let out a loud sigh as she shut her eyes momentarily.

"Knock knock" a voice came from the back door.

Turning around Charlie sadly smiled at Brax who was standing in the doorway still. He made his way over to Charlie, kissed her on the forehead and slid his arms around her body tightly. He had obviously read the paper that morning.

Brax pulled back and looked down at Charlie's sad face.

"What do you want to do today?" he asked as he rubbed her arms gently.

"Nothing, Brax! How can I go out into public when they will have all read this?" Charlie slightly yelled as she flung the newspaper up into the air. Brax looked at the newspaper that now lay on kitchen floor beside them, before sighing and looking back up at Charlie.

"I know how you feel Charlie, but staying cooped up in this house is just going to drive you nuts. Look, why don't we go into the city and get lunch at a place where no one knows us? And then we can come back here and cuddle on the lounge if you're still feeling bad afterwards?"

Charlie smiled at the suggestion, she knew deep down she couldn't hide away from the rest of the world forever.

"Yeah, okay. Let me get changed and we can go" Charlie smiled as she left the kitchen.

--------------

Charlie and Brax's lunch date in the city went well, only getting minimal dirty looks off passers-by who must have recognised them.

The couple walked hand in hand up the driveway and made their way into Leah's house.

"I'm just gonna put this away" Charlie signalled to her handbag, "Why don't you start up a movie? Back in a tick."

Brax nodded and made his way into the lounge room and over to their DVD collection.

"Braaax!" Charlie yelled, her worried voice loudly echoed through the empty house.

"What Charlie?" Brax asked as he walked into Charlie's bedroom, stopping next to Charlie, his mouth dropping open.

"What the hell happened?" Brax asked as he looked at the broken glass that covered a majority of Charlie's bedroom carpet.

"I.... I, I don't know" Charlie stuttered.

Brax wrapped his right arm around Charlie's waist and pulled her close to him as he observed the rest of her room. He noticed a bit of paper flapping in the wind that was next to her bed, barely visible from where the two were standing.

Brax made his way over to the paper, it was then he noticed that the piece of paper was tied to a brick and also had writing scribbled on it.

Leaning down and picking up the brick, Brax turned to face Charlie, who gasped at what she saw in his hand. She then realised someone had done this on purpose. Tears started to form in Charlie's eyes as Brax read out loud what was on the piece of paper.

"You will pay for what you've done" Brax whispered, just loud enough so Charlie could hear. That was it, the tears in Charlie's eyes streamed down her face.

"Wh, why would someone do something like this?" Charlie cried as her knees became weak and she was starting to collapse.

Brax rushed to her side and held her up in a hug as he held her head to his chest.

"Hey hey, shh, Charlie it's okay, I'm here, don't cry" Brax soothed.

Charlie pulled back from his grip and looked up at him.

"Who did this?" Charlie asked Brax softly, hoping he would have an idea. Brax looked downwards trying to avoid eye contact with Charlie. He knew exactly who would have been responsible.

Charlie noticed Brax's sudden uneasy attitude.

"Brax?"

Brax let out a breath.

"The boys" he said in a deep and quiet voice. "They would do stuff like this all the time to intimidate people."

"Well they're doing a pretty damn good job" Charlie replied, quite scared.

"Hey, listen" Brax started as he grabbed both of Charlie's hands. "I'm not going to let anything happen to you, okay? Now let's clean this mess up and then we can go to the station and report it if you want?"

"No, I don't want to go to the station, it will just make things worse. Let's just clean this" Charlie said as she signalled to the broken glass before leaving to get a brush and bucket.

Brax's expression changed to an angry one as soon as Charlie left the room. There was nothing he wanted to do more than to go and make the boys regret smashing Charlie's window, but he knew he couldn't leave Charlie alone at the moment. Instead, he started to pick up the large shards of glass and put them on the desk. Brax would get revenge, just not right at the moment.

Great update!! So glad that you have decided to continue :) ... I love it.

Was really happy that Charlie didn't push Brax away when she got suspended, was worried that she may have pushed him away!

Can't believe the RB's did that, I know Brax will want revenge but I hope that he is smart about it. :)

More soon please.

Archived